Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650851 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518697 Mar 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Most mainstream churches grow in numbers because of family indoctrination.
...The most important question would be how many actually practice their faith? These numbers have been dropping for decades.
.......The catholic bishops conference in 2009 in america state that overall in america about 25% practice their faith as required.
....Every new generation becomes less religiously observant than the generation before.
.........155 million protestants in america, 68 million catholics. Over 50 million non religious or 16% of US population , that have doubled in the last 15-20 years.
You say:....Every new generation becomes less religiously observant than the generation before.

I say:....Every new generation of Catholics refuse to accept at face value what they are taught....they have discovered the Bible and 99% of the teaching they have been taught is not based on Scripture....so, it is not a matter of " less religiously observant".....
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518698 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there...done that...take your crs pills...it'll comeback to you...lying snake..
Then you should be able to provide a permalink, eh, thief?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518699 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjection....
More prattle from a thief.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#518700 Mar 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies. I just didn't think you went far enough after you cited the dates and Popes who used the title "Roman Catholic". It seemed to imply they were validating a name Chang.
Its ok. Your post gave me the opportunity to correct mine Thanks

Location hidden

#518701 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should be able to provide a permalink, eh, thief?
Take your crs pills...it'll comeback to you...lying snake..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#518702 Mar 2, 2014
Hey ROMAN Catholics......how many "rites" do you claim to have? Check with "hojo". Probably 43,000! LOL LOL LOL LOL

What capital "C" Catholic churches do not report to the Roman pope? Is the Roman Catholic church the "head" of the capital "C" Catholic church?

Location hidden

#518703 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More prattle from a thief.
I respond to prattle with prattle...lying snake
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518704 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no permalink?

What does that make you?

That's right: a liar.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518705 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief's prattle.

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#518706 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead, mikey, spell the word all the way out, don't just change one letter like a little school kid afraid of his own shadow or an internet junkie hiding behind his computer like the person you copied from, say what you really mean.
Have you tried spelling the word heretic and then pondering on what it meant to the Jews who were slaughtered in droves by the Catholic church fathers???

Or do you find that it's more fun to focus on your adorable Catholic derived word "salvation?"

Willow River, Canada

#518707 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say:....Every new generation becomes less religiously observant than the generation before.
I say:....Every new generation of Catholics refuse to accept at face value what they are taught....they have discovered the Bible and 99% of the teaching they have been taught is not based on Scripture....so, it is not a matter of " less religiously observant".....
Religiously observant???

As they all claimed to know the mind of the gods, all preachers (including you) prided their selves on being religiously observant.

How VAIN!
Michael

Canada

#518708 Mar 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Catholic Mikey bringing false news. lol Well, at least your perfect record of being is sitll in tact. I would explain it, but no need to throw pearls before swine. However it would be nice if you ever had a remote clue on virtually anything Catholic. A holding tank to burn off venial sins? ;0 So clueless...How very sad.
...Catholic teachings of purgator.
...A place or condition of temporal punishment, to those departing this life In Gods grace, not entirely free from VENIAL faults.
.....sounds Like what I posted to you.
Busted .....again!

Location hidden

#518709 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no permalink?
What does that make you?
That's right: a liar.

Location hidden

#518710 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief's prattle.

Willow River, Canada

#518711 Mar 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Catholic teachings of purgator.
...A place or condition of temporal punishment, to those departing this life In Gods grace, not entirely free from VENIAL faults.
.....sounds Like what I posted to you.
Busted .....again!
According to the ex-Catholic priest, purgatory was simply another money-maker based on scaring the people left behind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

Purgatory, according to our doctrines, is a place quite like Hell, except that the soul shut therein may go out after a certain length of time; and as soon as a person is dead, if he is not doomed to hell which nobody knows), he goes down into purgatory, where he finds the same fire and torments, but with hope of deliverance. Therefore, it is a duty to the survivors to help the dead by all means in their power. Owing to the benevolent and careful attention of priests, those means are at hand. Now let us see how they will work this precious mine, at what price they will sell their remedies against purgatory, their prescription for shortening it.

Doubtless they have a fine game with the tender and susceptible imaginations of women, when death, by its continual ravages, deprives them of children or a husband. Listen to the Catholic priest in the pulpit; here is their best and choicest ground of addresses. They take hold of the imaginations of their female auditors, transport them into purgatory, and display its awful spectacle; show the flames, the sufferings of the souls; they force them to hear the cries of a son or a father in the fire, and then, speaking as this son or father to their mothers or daughters,“Can you,” say these souls through the mouth of the preacher,“can you, O kinsmen, forget your beloved ones in these horrible abodes? While you enjoy the delights of life, we burn unmercifully in these fires.‘Crucior in hac flamma,’* have pity upon us, you at least, you who are flesh and blood, you to whom we gave life. Do not, we beseech you by all that is most sacred, do not spare masses, indulgences, prayers. They only can shorten our sufferings.” Then the orator continues in his own name:—“Do you listen to your kinsmen? These are their very words, their complaints, their cries to you. Will you remain deaf to their entreaties?
Michael

Canada

#518712 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, brother....now he's going to answer you 25 times in a row. He's already answered your last post twice and it hasn't been ten minutes yet.
.....I don't name call or insult people. Right? Right Michael!

.......Roll back to Thursday night and read your MANY visceral posts about Sera and Hermie. All other posters sat with our mouths wide open shaking our heads in disbelief that such a torrid of negative comments were coming from your--- BIG!----MOUTH!!

...but that's OK you got your parish priest bamboozled that he thinks your are a saint. If he only knew your dark side like we know about you.

YTube

Marietta, GA

#518713 Mar 2, 2014

The POPE ...."BANNED".

http://youtu.be/zbzZ_00pX-k

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#518714 Mar 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the ex-Catholic priest, purgatory was simply another money-maker based on scaring the people left behind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.
Purgatory, according to our doctrines, is a place quite like Hell, except that the soul shut therein may go out after a certain length of time; and as soon as a person is dead, if he is not doomed to hell which nobody knows), he goes down into purgatory, where he finds the same fire and torments, but with hope of deliverance. Therefore, it is a duty to the survivors to help the dead by all means in their power. Owing to the benevolent and careful attention of priests, those means are at hand. Now let us see how they will work this precious mine, at what price they will sell their remedies against purgatory, their prescription for shortening it.
Doubtless they have a fine game with the tender and susceptible imaginations of women, when death, by its continual ravages, deprives them of children or a husband. Listen to the Catholic priest in the pulpit; here is their best and choicest ground of addresses. They take hold of the imaginations of their female auditors, transport them into purgatory, and display its awful spectacle; show the flames, the sufferings of the souls; they force them to hear the cries of a son or a father in the fire, and then, speaking as this son or father to their mothers or daughters,“Can you,” say these souls through the mouth of the preacher,“can you, O kinsmen, forget your beloved ones in these horrible abodes? While you enjoy the delights of life, we burn unmercifully in these fires.‘Crucior in hac flamma,’* have pity upon us, you at least, you who are flesh and blood, you to whom we gave life. Do not, we beseech you by all that is most sacred, do not spare masses, indulgences, prayers. They only can shorten our sufferings.” Then the orator continues in his own name:—“Do you listen to your kinsmen? These are their very words, their complaints, their cries to you. Will you remain deaf to their entreaties?
Long winded as always.
Its good to be home.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518715 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no link, eh, thief?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518716 Mar 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I don't name call or insult people. Right? Right Michael!
.......Roll back to Thursday night and read your MANY visceral posts about Sera and Hermie. All other posters sat with our mouths wide open shaking our heads in disbelief that such a torrid of negative comments were coming from your--- BIG!----MOUTH!!
...but that's OK you got your parish priest bamboozled that he thinks your are a saint. If he only knew your dark side like we know about you.
Why did you choose this post to respond to and not the first one? Hmmm? I know why and so does everyone else. You're a Coward with a capital "C", just like that other piece of garbage you copied from. If you think it wasn't noticed yesterday, you're more clueless than we thought. Nothing was said to you out of deference to me, not because he was giving you a pass.
Yeah, you do insult people and so do they. Keep digging that hole, mikey. We know how much you hate being shown for what you really are. This post of yours is just further proof of it. Keep on digging....I expect your insults toward me to get worse and worse now. So go ahead, spell the word all the way out, use the colloquialism that you really want to use, stop hiding behind the skirt of your computer screen. Coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min Demon Finder 18,666
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 1 hr cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,495
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Catcher1 971,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,001
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web