Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517969 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
...If the bishop has back arthritis just as I do why not move into a one floor house where no $50,000 elevator is required.

...,.you wonder why churches in Europe are empty? Start with the bling bishops.

...read the whole article you posted. Read about the extravagant properties that other bishops in america reside in including the story of the German bishop spending $42 million on his new digs.

...catholics are always quick top point out the evangelist ministers who live the life of luxury also donated by private followers. The catholic bishops are no different.

,..no difference.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517970 Feb 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliver us from evil in Jesus,name ...'ll of us,need to realize He can read everything we write ...
If you believe that Jesus lives and can read everything you write, do you believe that he turned his back on his Judaism to become a Christian???

DO you???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517971 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing that you are exposing is your "own personal" vengeance for Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church and "nothing else" !!!!!!--Your "hyped up" exaggerated-overblown anti-Catholic sources that you "so desperately" rely on, are there to keep your antagonist attitude "heated up" against the Catholic Church!.....Both you and your emancipated-liberal sources
"deserve each other".....!
.....are you saying that a bishop in Germany did not spend $42Million for his new residence? Are you saying that?
marge

Ames, IA

#517972 Feb 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham IS a false teacher....
ah Hank why would you say that? I never seen him preaching anything false.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#517973 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Can you imagine Nick beating me lol.....does he sound like the tyrant that she claims.lol...
Not hardly ..nor can I imagine you taking a beating ...rotf..

You are,dear folks,who love each other ....or Martians,...Lol

Prince George, Canada

#517974 Feb 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch!
Sadly my God is not filled with weak human emotions, so he isn't going to spite you or have your burned at the stake for being so blasphemous.
I'd like to, but my God is bigger than that. Dang it. I cannot hate you as others here do.
Ramen
UH HUH?

Now you are back-peddling.

Your god has no weak emotions whatsoever. He's a monster, just as are all the other gods created by human-imagination.

Otherwise he would not have created all forms of life knowing ahead of time that they would suffer.

I suggest that you confront him and put him "on the spot," or he will never grow up to be a decent god and accept responsibility for his evil deeds.

:)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517975 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Parroting partial truths painting an all dark picture from the media without the full story behind it is very Mikey like. Some Catholics are upset, others dont have the facts, and others are engaged in debate as the example is being set by Francis.
In response to the news coverage of the Archbishop’s Residence renovations, the Archdiocese of Newark has published a statement on its website. The full statement responding to the continuing criticism can be found
http://newarkarchdiocese.blogspot.com/2014/02...
The project is being funded solely by private contributions which have been donated for this purpose.
The home which is the subject of newspaper speculation was actually purchased by the Archdiocese of Newark twelve years ago, using proceeds from the sale in 2002 of a more expensive home on the Jersey Shore. The Jersey Shore home which was sold in 2002 had a greater value than does the home which is currently being renovated, even when one includes the cost of landscaping and furnishings.
A statement released by the Archdiocese explains:
The current weekend residence and future retirement home of Archbishop Myers was purchased in 2002 with funds from the sale of a prior residence at the Jersey Shore that had been donated to the Archdiocese more than 20 years ago. The planned construction is being paid for by donations from individuals specifically given for this purpose, and through the sale of other residential properties that the Archdiocese owns but does not need. The sale of these properties is expected to not only pay for the construction, but also to return funds to the Archdiocese for other ministry uses. No parishioner funds or Archbishop’s Annual Appeal contributions are being used on this project. Similarly, no convents, schools or other Archdiocesan buildings are being sold to provide funding for this project. The Archdiocese does pay real estate taxes on this property.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/20...
.....pope Francis is on a mission to help the poor and he is putting church leaders to use resources wisely.

....if the church sold other properties imagine how many poor people could be helped instead of refurbishing an 8,000 sq foot house with $350,000 in new renovations that already had $700,000 in renovations done in 2000.

,....if I was the bishop I would be ashamed to accept such a gift, wouldn't you?

Prince George, Canada

#517976 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Can you imagine Nick beating me lol.....does he sound like the tyrant that she claims.lol...
When asked by another woman what gave her joy in life, the Christian woman stated that her husband gave her joy.

Others knew that her husband was beating her and that she was saying what she thought would most please him, so that he wouldn't beat her for saying something else.

Posters on forums hide many issues behind their keyboards.

Prince George, Canada

#517977 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...catholics are always quick top point out the evangelist ministers who live the life of luxury also donated by private followers. The catholic bishops are no different.
,..no difference.
BINGO!!! Pun intended.

According to the Catholics, wasn't gambling against the will of the monster-god???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the hard-cover-book, titled,“Stories Behind Everyday Things,” published by “The Reader’s Digest,” comes the following.

The devil invented playing cards, or so St. Bernadine of Siena thought in the 15th century.

Prince George, Canada

#517978 Feb 27, 2014
Where those supposed messages came from into the mentalities of the believers is anybody's guess.

But I suggest they were all figments of over-active human imagination.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517979 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have (taken out) a lifetime subscription to the National Inquirer or are you just one of their "editorialist. "hack writers". Only you Michael would take the time to "dig up" these exaggerated and overblown anti-Catholic trash statistics of which you have become overly addicted"!
You have proven this to be a "compulsive dependency" ------
.....Let's be CLEAR!

....1)....you don't like the national catholic reporter read by 10s of thousands of catholics.
....2),..you don't like the catholic priests & nuns who write articles in the NCR.
....3)...you don't. like the 47,000 catholic nuns in america under investigation by Vatican.
....4)...you don't like those in the Vatican that allowed another money laundering scandal to occur.
...5)...you don't like the catholic priests who caused the biggest scandal in the Catholic church in centuries,
...6)...you are angry at the catholic bishops who allowed these worldwide scandals to go on for years with no accountability.
...7)..few catholics on this forum rarely post to you.

....Is there anyone left in the catholic church that you do like?

...I am here to help you hojo.

Prince George, Canada

#517980 Feb 27, 2014
Theology is totally wacky.

Theologians teach that god hates evil, yet the evil devil works FOR the god full time punishing other evil offenders, and the god smiles on the devil …“Well done, my evil helpful son.”

Ludicrous!

Prince George, Canada

#517981 Feb 27, 2014
Some devout religious adherents that entertain the theory of reincarnation as their favorite belief, are certain that humans can reincarnate into the bodies of non-human animals and vice versa.

There is no literal end to human imagination.

Prince George, Canada

#517982 Feb 27, 2014
When Martin Luther pulled the wool over other people's eyes by using the same bible as the pope to start his new religion, I suggest that it was because the followers of both Catholicism and Protestantism didn't question how Luther could claim to find absolute truth from both angles in the one bible.

Amazing!

When he was a Catholic monk, he swore he knew truth, and again when he became a Protestant he swore he knew truth ... and he managed to attract a HUGE following ... based on his lies.

He was something alright, but "WHAT" should have been the question.

Prince George, Canada

#517983 Feb 27, 2014
Rather than confronting the theologians that first created the images of the malevolent god ... the early religious "scientists" justified the malevolent intentions of the supposed god ... making excuses for "his" supposed behavior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good, of course, because if there weren’t little animals to eat up the young mussels, our canals would be choked by those little shellfish, for each mother has more than a thousand young ones at a time!” So Antony Leeuwenhoek accepted everything and praised everything, and in this he was a child of his time, for in his century searchers had not yet, like Pasteur who came after them, begun to challenge God, to shake their fists at the meaningless cruelties of nature toward mankind, her children….

Prince George, Canada

#517984 Feb 27, 2014
The senseless cruelty of all animals ought to have resonated in the minds of those religious scientists. But instead they were only interested in asking why such cruelty to humans was necessary according to “god.”
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

“for in his century searchers had not yet, like Pasteur who came after them, begun to challenge God, to shake their fists at the meaningless cruelties of nature toward mankind, her children…”
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#517985 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing that you are exposing is your "own personal" vengeance for Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church and "nothing else" !!!!!!--Your "hyped up" exaggerated-overblown anti-Catholic sources that you "so desperately" rely on, are there to keep your antagonist attitude "heated up" against the Catholic Church!.....Both you and your emancipated-liberal sources
"deserve each other".....!
Not that anyone cares, but here is one of Mikeys favorite sources, which constantly lies and distorts whatever the Vatican says.

Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City, Missouri, has confirmed that the National Catholic Reporter should not advertise itself as a “Catholic” publication.

In a column appearing in his diocesan newspaper, Bishop Finn notes that he, as the bishop of the diocese in which the Reporter is located, has the duty to “call the media to fidelity.” He cites the Code of Canon Law, which (in #1369) calls for “a just penalty” for anyone who “excites hatred of or contempt for religion or the Church.”

The National Catholic Reporter, Bishop Finn remarks, has taken an editorial stance that puts the publication at odds with the Church, by “officially condemning Church teaching on the ordination of women, insistent undermining of Church teaching on artificial contraception and sexual morality in general, lionizing dissident theologies while rejecting established Magisterial teaching, and a litany of other issues.” He reveals that he has received numerous complaints about the Reporter’s editorial policies.

Bishop Finn reminds his readers that in 1968 his predecessor, Bishop Charles Helmsing, directed the editors of the Reporter to remove the word “Catholic” from the title of their publication. The newspaper’s editors refused. Bishop Finn says:“From my perspective, NCR’s positions against authentic Church teaching and leadership have not changed trajectory in the intervening decades.”

The bishop discloses that soon after arriving in Kansas City, he sought to engage the Reporter editors in a discussion of their fidelity to the Catholic Church, but was rebuffed.“At other times, correspondence has seemed to reach a dead end,” he adds.

Bishop Finn concludes that “I have a responsibility as the local bishop to instruct the Faithful about the problematic nature of this media source which bears the name 'Catholic.'” He says that he remains willing to discuss the issue with the Reporter staff, but as things stand,“I find that my ability to influence the National Catholic Reporter toward fidelity to the Church seems limited to the supernatural level.”

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headline...

Prince George, Canada

#517986 Feb 27, 2014
Those still in religion become angry at me for not wanting to believe that theologians in religions were lying … either by choice, or by not recognizing that they were teaching lies.

It’s not as though I also wasn’t under the spell of religion, as for the most of my life it confused me before I finally set it free, with the recognition that it was still manipulating the minds of others.

What I am trying to do is allow you to also set your selves free of the theological manipulation.

Since I left religion I feel well and whole within myself. No more confusion over religious silliness is allowed to bother me … period!

And I see others as I see myself … sometimes happy and sometimes very sad ... but always whole … just as they are.

Prince George, Canada

#517987 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that anyone cares,
I suggest we all care. But others don't see you as anything special ... which as a Catholic is how you "see" your self.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517988 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Let's be CLEAR!
....1)....you don't like the national catholic reporter read by 10s of thousands of catholics.
....2),..you don't like the catholic priests & nuns who write articles in the NCR.
....3)...you don't. like the 47,000 catholic nuns in america under investigation by Vatican.
....4)...you don't like those in the Vatican that allowed another money laundering scandal to occur.
...5)...you don't like the catholic priests who caused the biggest scandal in the Catholic church in centuries,
...6)...you are angry at the catholic bishops who allowed these worldwide scandals to go on for years with no accountability.
...7)..few catholics on this forum rarely post to you.
....Is there anyone left in the catholic church that you do like?
...I am here to help you hojo.
I don't like your "trumped up" exaggerated, over stated and overblown" liberal sources who are anti-catholic from the (word go) and who magnify beyond the limits of truth, in order to attempt to "push" their liberal agenda's. These liberal sources speak for a small infantismal (cross- section of the Catholic Church just like you do. This is exactly why I place little or no credibility in anything you say and I am quite sure that most, if not all Catholics on this forum feel the same way!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristINSANITY is... 828,758
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min RiccardoFire 40,145
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Jac 442,896
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min Jac 98,997
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 31 min kaka 393
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 3,691
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 55 min An NFL Fan 121,678
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,537
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 611,857
More from around the web