Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
499,921 - 499,940 of 537,298 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Wow mikey, you really are a stupid bigot. Yes you are. No, that is wrong, they weed out the seminarians, they have to go through many tests and some therapy even before they enter a seminary. If this were true, that priest would be in a heep of trouble from his bishop for even mentioning what he said to anyone. Priests do not declare such stupid remarks like you are trying to post. You must believe everything you read on the internet. Do you even know what priests do? I doubt you do.
They swear that's what they do....and its alright by you lol

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham, who once took the bible literally preached for decades that only Christians would be welcome in heaven.
He still takes the same bible literally when he preaches that people now don't have to be Christian to go to heaven.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hrf60-zHl9AXX
Billy Graham is a liar and the truth ain't in him. Billy Graham is a bigger fool than you are if he made that false statement.

No man can come to the Father..........EXCEPT BY CHRIST. That means that to come to the Father you must be a Christian which simply means ""Christ man"". No other way to get into heaven unless you're a Christian and if Billy Graham or any other demonic spirit say anything differently than what scripture teaches then I present that he's a cotton mouth liar.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not doing what I tell you...take your crs pills....I set you straight on this "ages" ago....
And did not respond until prompted by my re-posting ....
But although you posted in response you have yet to supply an answer, which suggests that you have none.
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Last year in the Seminary Journal there was a very fine article called "A New Generation Is on the Rise in Seminaries" by Fr. Richard Marzheuser. This is especially interesting because his article makes the point very strongly that a new kind of seminarian is emerging and that among other things the new seminarians abhor passivity and moral delinquency. He says the new seminarians read and carry on intelligent conversations with educated people; they love to pray; they set high moral standards for themselves because they are weary of scandal and they are transparent, which means that they do not lead double lives. They are strongly committed to the Eucharist. Anyone who reads Fr. Cozzens' book would do very well to read Fr. Marzheuser's article in the Seminary Journal (Fall 1999, p. 21-31). They are writing about different populations."
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
As Pope Benedict said if we have to go into hiding underground as it was in the beginning the truth will still remain no matter how small the church may become.I do think people including some in here have to face reality. Its not just the church, but Christianity is in decline. The Christian Churches in Europe are empty. In reference to the above Benedict believed that liturgical abuses, disobedient Bishops, priests and nuns needed to be addressed. For too long what the church taught was being ravaged by wolves from within. He took some pretty serious actions and took on some pretty powerful people. I think it drained him immensely. You dont admonish someone who demands the church conform to them. You warn them and if they do not hear the church let them be as the Heathen. The church needs to stop worrying about not offending people and speak and act without ambiguity. The new evangelization is beginning and Pope Benedict made effort to ensure the Seminaries were up for it and that meant some changes. Pope Francis was subtle a little too for my taste with Notre Dame. Notre Dame in my opinion has become a disgrace to the church. I think any school with the name Catholic on it needs to start being Catholic. Tim Mohony started his university in Florida and it wont take money from the Rockefeller foundation. No Masons allowed period.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

certainly god not tell you drink to much to be alcoholic
certainly god not say used drugs as grass or zic as needle or smrk white powder..noooooooooooo

yee they need shelters too

in church they not teach you do that
nooooooooooo

if you going in church and teach not drug alcohol or similar less value place then not need shelters as pretenders..
even if you sold all churches around world Are you for sure all poor sick drugged alcoholic homeless will be fit or to be cover up with money from churches as buildings when you sold them..
certainly not..

I live in small poor province..where nobody build for us nothing

my people build for them-self with heart mind and hand too..they not pay anyone for building churches home cemetery roads electricity even government did not give nothing to them no...

seeeeeeee

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And did not respond until prompted by my re-posting ....
But although you posted in response you have yet to supply an answer, which suggests that you have none.
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
Can it...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Billy Graham is a liar and the truth ain't in him. Billy Graham is a bigger fool than you are if he made that false statement.
No man can come to the Father..........EXCEPT BY CHRIST. That means that to come to the Father you must be a Christian which simply means ""Christ man"". No other way to get into heaven unless you're a Christian and if Billy Graham or any other demonic spirit say anything differently than what scripture teaches then I present that he's a cotton mouth liar.
Well I suggest you take it up with Billy Graham.

Muslims don't want to go to your Christian heaven. According to them they are going to Paradise ... and according to the Jews, the Jews are going to Olam Haba.

Surely there's enough room up in the sky for all of you to get along.

The only issue that really hasn't been settled is which group "will" go to Christian heaven ... the Catholics, or the Protestants.

Tongue in cheek
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

god not tell you practicing spiritual ow-full things

-its exist very low
-its exist very high
-its exist not visible organization to destroy or ruin every person or every family
Is that crime as pretenders and cover up many things?

noo its not nice

ones when you find out game over intercept as spiritual or overwhelming pretenders then you will find great numbers of unfortunate life..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

What Is Hindu Heaven Called?

Answer

The Hindu religion describes Svargam, or Heaven, as a place of eternal bliss in the afterlife. Svargam is said to be free of all of Earth's discomforts such as pain, guilt, and fear.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-hindu-hea...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

The good news was and is for the self-perceived holy ones is that the evil ones have a special place to go to spend their eternities.

Theologians were always considerate that way. They didn't leave others "completely" out of the picture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, DS, last night I posted a beautiful story about priests in central Africa who spent every cent they had in order to protect their persecuted Muslim neighbors and vowed to continue to do so as the persecution is ongooing. Not one person here commented on it. I'm sure no one even bothered to read the link or view the heartwarming picture of one of the priests holding a Muslim infant in his arms.
This afternoon I posted a lengthy article from Fr. Z on Septuagesima Sunday and the "countdown" from then until Lent (Ash Wednesday is in one week!). Again, no one commented on the beautiful prayer mentioned, or asked any questions or expressed any interest whatsoever.
All they were interested in was retaliation and spite because I had posted an excerpt from an article written by a Protestant evangelical that too many of them are mistaking feelings for faith. They don't have a clue as to what they think they're "digging up" about the Church. All they know is that it sounds bad to them so in a fevered frenzy of malice and ill-will they copy, paste, and hit enter. Too bad they don't pay closer attention to their Bibles...
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Hmmm. I will have to look for the Fr Z article.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
As Pope Benedict said if we have to go into hiding underground as it was in the beginning the truth will still remain no matter how small the church may become.I do think people including some in here have to face reality. Its not just the church, but Christianity is in decline. The Christian Churches in Europe are empty. In reference to the above Benedict believed that liturgical abuses, disobedient Bishops, priests and nuns needed to be addressed. For too long what the church taught was being ravaged by wolves from within. He took some pretty serious actions and took on some pretty powerful people. I think it drained him immensely. You dont admonish someone who demands the church conform to them. You warn them and if they do not hear the church let them be as the Heathen. The church needs to stop worrying about not offending people and speak and act without ambiguity. The new evangelization is beginning and Pope Benedict made effort to ensure the Seminaries were up for it and that meant some changes. Pope Francis was subtle a little too for my taste with Notre Dame. Notre Dame in my opinion has become a disgrace to the church. I think any school with the name Catholic on it needs to start being Catholic. Tim Mohony started his university in Florida and it wont take money from the Rockefeller foundation. No Masons allowed period.
Agreed on every point.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, DS, last night I posted a beautiful story about priests in central Africa who spent every cent they had in order to protect their persecuted Muslim neighbors and vowed to continue to do so as the persecution is ongooing. Not one person here commented on it. I'm sure no one even bothered to read the link or view the heartwarming picture of one of the priests holding a Muslim infant in his arms.
This afternoon I posted a lengthy article from Fr. Z on Septuagesima Sunday and the "countdown" from then until Lent (Ash Wednesday is in one week!). Again, no one commented on the beautiful prayer mentioned, or asked any questions or expressed any interest whatsoever.
All they were interested in was retaliation and spite because I had posted an excerpt from an article written by a Protestant evangelical that too many of them are mistaking feelings for faith. They don't have a clue as to what they think they're "digging up" about the Church. All they know is that it sounds bad to them so in a fevered frenzy of malice and ill-will they copy, paste, and hit enter. Too bad they don't pay closer attention to their Bibles...
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Do you remember the Muslims who took shelter in Bethlehem a few years back? One can only hope that they begin to wonder why someone would do that for them when the day before they were persecuting them.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
“I know, however, that the light of God exists, that He is risen, that His light is stronger than any darkness and that God’s goodness is stronger than any evil in this world, and this helps me go forward with certainty.”-Pope Benedict XVI on his 85th birthday
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

I mean the Muslims were persecuting the Catholics the day before and then that Church took them in and protected them. Ironically it is the Catholic G.K. Chesterton that Ghandi accredited as a major influence in his plan of peaceful retaliation against Great Britain.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the Muslims who took shelter in Bethlehem a few years back? One can only hope that they begin to wonder why someone would do that for them when the day before they were persecuting them.
Well in the African article you could actually see that question, that wonderment on some of their faces. Understandably cautious, but definitely there.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so very transparent when you try to make Catholics seem as saints, when for centuries they did far more than their share of the killing in the name of god.

You people would lie to god himself ... if such a being existed.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
The good news was and is for the self-perceived holy ones is that the evil ones have a special place to go to spend their eternities.
Theologians were always considerate that way. They didn't leave others "completely" out of the picture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.
I bet the last time you went in a haunted house they gave you a job application.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
I mean the Muslims were persecuting the Catholics the day before and then that Church took them in and protected them. Ironically it is the Catholic G.K. Chesterton that Ghandi accredited as a major influence in his plan of peaceful retaliation against Great Britain.
Passive resistance! I didn't know that about Chesterton. Ghandi is a favorite and I have a few books here about him, but they don't mention Chesterton. I'm not surprised that Ghandi favored him, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min atheism is destru... 730,628
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Remnant of 144000 38,602
Mark Cuban has just been de-throned as 'Loudest... 7 min Doctor REALITY 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 259,381
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min Doctor REALITY 2,214
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min cara murphy 4,260
Wake up, White America! 16 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 599,577
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 117,868
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 172,992

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••