Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658869 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#517978 Feb 27, 2014
Where those supposed messages came from into the mentalities of the believers is anybody's guess.

But I suggest they were all figments of over-active human imagination.
Michael

Canada

#517979 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have (taken out) a lifetime subscription to the National Inquirer or are you just one of their "editorialist. "hack writers". Only you Michael would take the time to "dig up" these exaggerated and overblown anti-Catholic trash statistics of which you have become overly addicted"!
You have proven this to be a "compulsive dependency" ------
.....Let's be CLEAR!

....1)....you don't like the national catholic reporter read by 10s of thousands of catholics.
....2),..you don't like the catholic priests & nuns who write articles in the NCR.
....3)...you don't. like the 47,000 catholic nuns in america under investigation by Vatican.
....4)...you don't like those in the Vatican that allowed another money laundering scandal to occur.
...5)...you don't like the catholic priests who caused the biggest scandal in the Catholic church in centuries,
...6)...you are angry at the catholic bishops who allowed these worldwide scandals to go on for years with no accountability.
...7)..few catholics on this forum rarely post to you.

....Is there anyone left in the catholic church that you do like?

...I am here to help you hojo.

Quesnel, Canada

#517980 Feb 27, 2014
Theology is totally wacky.

Theologians teach that god hates evil, yet the evil devil works FOR the god full time punishing other evil offenders, and the god smiles on the devil …“Well done, my evil helpful son.”

Ludicrous!

Quesnel, Canada

#517981 Feb 27, 2014
Some devout religious adherents that entertain the theory of reincarnation as their favorite belief, are certain that humans can reincarnate into the bodies of non-human animals and vice versa.

There is no literal end to human imagination.

Quesnel, Canada

#517982 Feb 27, 2014
When Martin Luther pulled the wool over other people's eyes by using the same bible as the pope to start his new religion, I suggest that it was because the followers of both Catholicism and Protestantism didn't question how Luther could claim to find absolute truth from both angles in the one bible.

Amazing!

When he was a Catholic monk, he swore he knew truth, and again when he became a Protestant he swore he knew truth ... and he managed to attract a HUGE following ... based on his lies.

He was something alright, but "WHAT" should have been the question.

Quesnel, Canada

#517983 Feb 27, 2014
Rather than confronting the theologians that first created the images of the malevolent god ... the early religious "scientists" justified the malevolent intentions of the supposed god ... making excuses for "his" supposed behavior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.“And it is for our good, of course, because if there weren’t little animals to eat up the young mussels, our canals would be choked by those little shellfish, for each mother has more than a thousand young ones at a time!” So Antony Leeuwenhoek accepted everything and praised everything, and in this he was a child of his time, for in his century searchers had not yet, like Pasteur who came after them, begun to challenge God, to shake their fists at the meaningless cruelties of nature toward mankind, her children….

Quesnel, Canada

#517984 Feb 27, 2014
The senseless cruelty of all animals ought to have resonated in the minds of those religious scientists. But instead they were only interested in asking why such cruelty to humans was necessary according to “god.”
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

“for in his century searchers had not yet, like Pasteur who came after them, begun to challenge God, to shake their fists at the meaningless cruelties of nature toward mankind, her children…”
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517985 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY thing that you are exposing is your "own personal" vengeance for Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church and "nothing else" !!!!!!--Your "hyped up" exaggerated-overblown anti-Catholic sources that you "so desperately" rely on, are there to keep your antagonist attitude "heated up" against the Catholic Church!.....Both you and your emancipated-liberal sources
"deserve each other".....!
Not that anyone cares, but here is one of Mikeys favorite sources, which constantly lies and distorts whatever the Vatican says.

Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City, Missouri, has confirmed that the National Catholic Reporter should not advertise itself as a “Catholic” publication.

In a column appearing in his diocesan newspaper, Bishop Finn notes that he, as the bishop of the diocese in which the Reporter is located, has the duty to “call the media to fidelity.” He cites the Code of Canon Law, which (in #1369) calls for “a just penalty” for anyone who “excites hatred of or contempt for religion or the Church.”

The National Catholic Reporter, Bishop Finn remarks, has taken an editorial stance that puts the publication at odds with the Church, by “officially condemning Church teaching on the ordination of women, insistent undermining of Church teaching on artificial contraception and sexual morality in general, lionizing dissident theologies while rejecting established Magisterial teaching, and a litany of other issues.” He reveals that he has received numerous complaints about the Reporter’s editorial policies.

Bishop Finn reminds his readers that in 1968 his predecessor, Bishop Charles Helmsing, directed the editors of the Reporter to remove the word “Catholic” from the title of their publication. The newspaper’s editors refused. Bishop Finn says:“From my perspective, NCR’s positions against authentic Church teaching and leadership have not changed trajectory in the intervening decades.”

The bishop discloses that soon after arriving in Kansas City, he sought to engage the Reporter editors in a discussion of their fidelity to the Catholic Church, but was rebuffed.“At other times, correspondence has seemed to reach a dead end,” he adds.

Bishop Finn concludes that “I have a responsibility as the local bishop to instruct the Faithful about the problematic nature of this media source which bears the name 'Catholic.'” He says that he remains willing to discuss the issue with the Reporter staff, but as things stand,“I find that my ability to influence the National Catholic Reporter toward fidelity to the Church seems limited to the supernatural level.”

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/headline...

Quesnel, Canada

#517986 Feb 27, 2014
Those still in religion become angry at me for not wanting to believe that theologians in religions were lying … either by choice, or by not recognizing that they were teaching lies.

It’s not as though I also wasn’t under the spell of religion, as for the most of my life it confused me before I finally set it free, with the recognition that it was still manipulating the minds of others.

What I am trying to do is allow you to also set your selves free of the theological manipulation.

Since I left religion I feel well and whole within myself. No more confusion over religious silliness is allowed to bother me … period!

And I see others as I see myself … sometimes happy and sometimes very sad ... but always whole … just as they are.

Quesnel, Canada

#517987 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that anyone cares,
I suggest we all care. But others don't see you as anything special ... which as a Catholic is how you "see" your self.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517988 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Let's be CLEAR!
....1)....you don't like the national catholic reporter read by 10s of thousands of catholics.
....2),..you don't like the catholic priests & nuns who write articles in the NCR.
....3)...you don't. like the 47,000 catholic nuns in america under investigation by Vatican.
....4)...you don't like those in the Vatican that allowed another money laundering scandal to occur.
...5)...you don't like the catholic priests who caused the biggest scandal in the Catholic church in centuries,
...6)...you are angry at the catholic bishops who allowed these worldwide scandals to go on for years with no accountability.
...7)..few catholics on this forum rarely post to you.
....Is there anyone left in the catholic church that you do like?
I don't like your "trumped up" exaggerated, over stated and overblown" liberal sources who are anti-catholic from the (word go) and who magnify beyond the limits of truth, in order to attempt to "push" their liberal agenda's. These liberal sources speak for a small infantismal (cross- section of the Catholic Church just like you do. This is exactly why I place little or no credibility in anything you say and I am quite sure that most, if not all Catholics on this forum feel the same way!!!!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517989 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Please don't bother Michael! I don't need your kind of help!! I listened to this "same" bogus anti-catholic BS for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.

Quesnel, Canada

#517990 Feb 27, 2014
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

At this time it was much more respectable and safe to be a scientist than it had been when Leeuwenhoek began his first grinding lenses. The Grand Inquisition was beginning to pull in its horns. It preferred jerking out the tongues of obscure alleged criminals and burning the bodies of unknown heretics, to persecuting Servetuses and Galileos. The Invisible College no longer met in cellars or darkened rooms, and learned societies all over were now given generous support of parliaments and kings. It was not only beginning to be permitted to question superstitions, it was becoming fashionable to do it.

Quesnel, Canada

#517991 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't bother Michael! I don't need your kind of help!! I listened to this "same" bogus anti-catholic BS for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.
Do you believe that you are special to a god now that you are not a Protestant???

:)
NewsYoutube

Marietta, GA

#517992 Feb 27, 2014

Ken Copeland "UNITES" w/ POPE Francis ---

http://youtu.be/h7yloTFamRk

Quesnel, Canada

#517993 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why I place little or no credibility in anything you say and I am quite sure that most, if not all Catholics on this forum feel the same way!!!!!!
Maybe all Catholics on the forum won't agree with other Catholics on the meanings of the dogmas, but I suggest they will all agree that the god favors ONLY Catholics, as do you.

If that wasn't the case, none of you would BE on the forum defending Catholicism as being the only truth in the universe.

Quesnel, Canada

#517994 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt when you were a devoted Protestant you spat at the Catholics with the same vehemence as you now spit at the Protestants.

You remind me of Martin Luther ... in reverse.

Quesnel, Canada

#517995 Feb 27, 2014
NewsYoutube wrote:
Ken Copeland "UNITES" w/ POPE Francis ---
http://youtu.be/h7yloTFamRk
It's all baffle gas.

The pope and dear Kenneth want others to believe they place the same value on other religions as they place on their own religion.

Now THAT is fiction.

Quesnel, Canada

#517996 Feb 27, 2014
A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attended church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

Quesnel, Canada

#517997 Feb 27, 2014
Theologians created mythical insurance policies … knowing that they would never have to pay dividends to the holders of the policies.

Nothing could ever compare to “that “scam.”

It was and is … worth its “wait” in gold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 71,029
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min Johnny 5,048
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 5 min InsaneTrumpPosse 252
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 19 min Doctor Jekyl 156
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min The Hangman 974,808
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min GAME OVER 445,534
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 283,003
More from around the web