Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670155 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517877 Feb 26, 2014
Luther also wanted to discuss the erroneous teaching that the penitential canons apply to the dead....to my knowledge...this is still being falsely taught...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517878 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Why not address the question. Why have 40% of the catholic parishes in Camden been shuttered the last few years? Money restraints? Poor attendance.? I am sure there is a logical reason, yet the bishop finds $500,000.00 to refurbish a home for himself including an outdoor pool, indoor, whirlpool and sauna, 6 bathrooms, and an elevator. Do you have an elevator in your humble home? Churches closed?? Bishop buys a mansion??......does that make sense to you?
....This story was on Anderson Cooper CNN, on Monday night. Did you see it? A catholic priest was a guest on the show, and he says Catholics from the area are furious. Are you furious like other catholics for this reckless spending?
....Pope Francis says the new catholic message is to be humble and stay away from extravagence and capitalism. Hmmmm!
Parroting partial truths painting an all dark picture from the media without the full story behind it is very Mikey like. Some Catholics are upset, others dont have the facts, and others are engaged in debate as the example is being set by Francis.

In response to the news coverage of the Archbishop’s Residence renovations, the Archdiocese of Newark has published a statement on its website. The full statement responding to the continuing criticism can be found

http://newarkarchdiocese.blogspot.com/2014/02...

The project is being funded solely by private contributions which have been donated for this purpose.
The home which is the subject of newspaper speculation was actually purchased by the Archdiocese of Newark twelve years ago, using proceeds from the sale in 2002 of a more expensive home on the Jersey Shore. The Jersey Shore home which was sold in 2002 had a greater value than does the home which is currently being renovated, even when one includes the cost of landscaping and furnishings.

A statement released by the Archdiocese explains:

The current weekend residence and future retirement home of Archbishop Myers was purchased in 2002 with funds from the sale of a prior residence at the Jersey Shore that had been donated to the Archdiocese more than 20 years ago. The planned construction is being paid for by donations from individuals specifically given for this purpose, and through the sale of other residential properties that the Archdiocese owns but does not need. The sale of these properties is expected to not only pay for the construction, but also to return funds to the Archdiocese for other ministry uses. No parishioner funds or Archbishop’s Annual Appeal contributions are being used on this project. Similarly, no convents, schools or other Archdiocesan buildings are being sold to provide funding for this project. The Archdiocese does pay real estate taxes on this property.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/20...
Michael

Canada

#517879 Feb 26, 2014
OldJG wrote:
http://wisecatholic.blogspot.c om/2013/08/is-catholic-priesth ood-predominantly.html
.....Catholic Priest Donald Cozzens a pyscologist for the catholic church says a large number of his brother clergy are gay.

...when I was growing up there were always rumors about priests. Catholic women love their priests because gay men act so nice around women.

Google ......Father Cozzens gay clergy.

.....catholics should open up their eyes.

truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517880 Feb 26, 2014
poor dust.
- not explain who is great donor
- as gift
- if is gift then great rich donors must be someone who claim tax don't you...
-many do like that cover up many things..yep..

now
Why you worried why people give gift to church?

Are you jealous over that?
Why you jealous?

must be someone who have log in eyes
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517881 Feb 26, 2014
poor micle
Did they need have wings for fly?
Are you bird micle if not please tell me who as well is good for you?
Why you try hide yourself under identification of others?
Michael

Canada

#517882 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Parroting partial truths painting an all dark picture from the media without the full story behind it is very Mikey like. Some Catholics are upset, others dont have the facts, and others are engaged in debate as the example is being set by Francis.
In response to the news coverage of the Archbishop’s Residence renovations, the Archdiocese of Newark has published a statement on its website. The full statement responding to the continuing criticism can be found
The project is being funded solely by private contributions which have been donated for this purpose.
The home which is the subject of newspaper speculation was actually purchased by the Archdiocese of Newark twelve years ago, using proceeds from the sale in 2002 of a more expensive home on the Jersey Shore. The Jersey Shore home which was sold in 2002 had a greater value than does the home which is currently being renovated, even when one includes the cost of landscaping and furnishings.
The current weekend residence and future retirement home of Archbishop Myers was purchased in 2002 with funds from the sale of a prior residence at the Jersey Shore that had been donated to the Archdiocese more than 20 years ago. The planned construction is being paid for by donations from individuals specifically given for this purpose, and through the sale of other residential properties that the Archdiocese owns but does not need. The sale of these properties is expected to not only pay for the construction, but also to return funds to the Archdiocese for other ministry uses. No parishioner funds or Archbishop’s Annual Appeal contributions are being used on this project. Similarly, no convents, schools or other Archdiocesan buildings are being sold to provide funding for this project. The Archdiocese does pay real estate taxes on this property.
..,The Catholic article didn't give this information.

....Its referred to as the bishops mansion.

....In 2000 the house had $700,000 in renovations completed when the president of Rowan University lived there. That's in renovations $700,000.

The mansion includes........ 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 3 fire places, 5 car garage, an outdoor pool, an indoor whirlpool and sauna, an elevator.........for the bishop.

........Does your house include an elevator, 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 3 fireplaces, 5 car garage, outdoor pool, indoor sauna, whirlpool.?

Just wondering. If your OK with that so be it. I was taught Catholic clergy live humble lives like Pope Francis says they should.
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517883 Feb 26, 2014
zapali svijetlo duboko u meni
ispuni srce ljubavlju iscijeli

i see last night who been there
eye start open in heart
i see last night

42 degree hand hot
entire city can stay under light
then water srat going trough spinal
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517884 Feb 26, 2014
water start going trough spinal

i see last night when i start pray
eye become open in heart

by
Michael

Canada

#517885 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
...Is your house worth $800,000.00 as this house is? Is your house 7,500 sq feet sitting on an 8.2 acre lot, with a new elevator, new indoor pool, new indoor sauna and whirlpool?

........wouldn't those private donations had been better spent? Maybe a wing added to the mansion to accomodate a few poor families in the diocese?......

.....I guess there just isn't enough room for them.

...Pope Francis recently reprimanded a bishop for extravagent living.

Hmmmmm!
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517886 Feb 26, 2014
Why you jealous over asset what church have people give..point finger what is yours?!
nothing
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517887 Feb 26, 2014
He is been last night in heart.
He open my heart to see.
Yee i see face..yee its looks nice to know that.

God is upon all of us.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#517888 Feb 26, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall correctly, you have taken a number of positions: You were but didn't really believe; you argued as forcefully on the other side when you were, and you've never were.
No. I'm not going to dig for those posts, but it is what I recall -- paraphrased.
If I'm wrong, so be it. But I've perceived an inconsistency too.
You are correct in that there was inconsistency. When I started on the forum back in 2006 I was still very much under the spell of religion. So of course it followed that I debated from that point of view in defense of what I then believed.

In 2010 I left religion, and since then I debate from my new point of view.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#517889 Feb 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
We see all the negativity and arguing here.
The question is -- what was Jesus' central message and how does that message play out on boards such as this?
Funny how so many claim to "worship" Jesus, yet no one talks about what he taught.
Instead, it's the same old "I'm holier than you" routine.
That kind of attitude is mocked by the majority of Americans today IMHO - and it should be according to my one true God.
Where do we find Jesus' teachings in play here?
Ramen
They all believe that the supposed master of truth agrees with them.

What good is your religion if it doesn't puff you up to believe you qualify to be the divine "leader" of the pack???
Michael

Canada

#517890 Feb 26, 2014
Information below is from one of the articles that Dust Storm posted.

..,German bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Eltz was recently suspended by Pope Francis for spending $42 million to renovate his luxury residence.$42 MILLION!!

,...Until 2009 the bishop of Pittsburgh lived in a 39 room mansion. 9800 square feet of living space including 11 bedrooms 6 full baths.

.....the archbishop of Chicago lived in a $15 million mansion that had belonged to the church since 1885 housing previous bishops.

....2007 the bishop of buffalo was asked by parishioners to sell his 11,000 sq ft mansion.

..,How much is enough for one man to live?

...who said the church doesn't have $$$$$$$$$$

.Everyday ..Catholics keep giving to pay for your schools, and abuse settlements, while the wealthy catholics keep their bishops cozy.

Unbelievable!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517891 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Catholic Priest Donald Cozzens a pyscologist for the catholic church says a large number of his brother clergy are gay.
...when I was growing up there were always rumors about priests. Catholic women love their priests because gay men act so nice around women.
Google ......Father Cozzens gay clergy.
.....catholics should open up their eyes.
Gee, Mikey another psychologist and Priest disagrees. Imagine that? You are a gay rights champion Mike, you should be very pleased if the whole church was gay. You should be pleased that 80% of the abusers identified themselves as homosexuals.

Regardless, Pope Benedict insituted that anyone with homosexual tendencies will be rejected from the seminary. It was in the 60's that the church began accepting those who had homosexual inclinations. After all they were choosing a life of chastity and agreeing it is wrong and seeking to do the will of the Lord.

A priest that has sex with a woman or teenager commits no less a grave act. Nevertheless since the Psychologists now choose to call those who have attractions of the same sex to post pubescent males as ebophiles they are tested for. Along with a zero tolerance policy which means 1 credible accusation they are out.

Regardless, here is another view.

I first heard of Fr. Donald Cozzens' book from seminarians whose reaction to it ranged from fury to scorn.

The fault they find is that they believe Fr. Cozzens' picture of the contemporary seminarian is biased and inaccurate. They were also strongly reacting to Cozzens' assumption that a large number of seminarians are, to use his word, "gay." A number of seminarians thought that the book was simply another addition to the liberal agenda under the guise of objectivity.

It is my impression that his view of the priesthood is rejected by a large number of Catholic seminarians today. If Cozzens is correct about where the priesthood is going, it will get there without most of the men studying in the seminary today.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#517892 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in that there was inconsistency. When I started on the forum back in 2006 I was still very much under the spell of religion. So of course it followed that I debated from that point of view in defense of what I then believed.
In 2010 I left religion, and since then I debate from my new point of view.
As I remember,this forum was well underway after you left the 'Maybe God is gay' forum after they kicked you off for being rude.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#517893 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They all believe that the supposed master of truth agrees with them.
What good is your religion if it doesn't puff you up to believe you qualify to be the divine "leader" of the pack???
Bitter grapes June.
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517895 Feb 26, 2014
many catholic and christan monestary exist before still exist..yee..on far away place or small not worrthy place its bader you don't you.
When city all around world start grow up value land then people become jealous.
Every place as every place is for purpose ..many religion institution does meter which one have all around world.

After all church is institution..you have Pape to make decision with advisers inside, not outside church.
Church is very conservative institution between each others they can make many decision.

To make sure make reserve yourself upon interfering into that.

After all church is not hapless and they have the best advisers on the world.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517896 Feb 26, 2014
truth wrote:
Why you jealous over asset what church have people give..point finger what is yours?!
nothing
The Splendor and awe of the church is a blessing truth. Many want the church to bury the talon rather than multiply it and feed the hungry, shelter the poor, heal the sick and spread the good news. To whom much is given, much is required.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517897 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Mikey another psychologist and Priest disagrees. Imagine that? You are a gay rights champion Mike, you should be very pleased if the whole church was gay. You should be pleased that 80% of the abusers identified themselves as homosexuals.
Regardless, Pope Benedict insituted that anyone with homosexual tendencies will be rejected from the seminary. It was in the 60's that the church began accepting those who had homosexual inclinations. After all they were choosing a life of chastity and agreeing it is wrong and seeking to do the will of the Lord.
A priest that has sex with a woman or teenager commits no less a grave act. Nevertheless since the Psychologists now choose to call those who have attractions of the same sex to post pubescent males as ebophiles they are tested for. Along with a zero tolerance policy which means 1 credible accusation they are out.
Regardless, here is another view.
I first heard of Fr. Donald Cozzens' book from seminarians whose reaction to it ranged from fury to scorn.
The fault they find is that they believe Fr. Cozzens' picture of the contemporary seminarian is biased and inaccurate. They were also strongly reacting to Cozzens' assumption that a large number of seminarians are, to use his word, "gay." A number of seminarians thought that the book was simply another addition to the liberal agenda under the guise of objectivity.
It is my impression that his view of the priesthood is rejected by a large number of Catholic seminarians today. If Cozzens is correct about where the priesthood is going, it will get there without most of the men studying in the seminary today.
"Last year in the Seminary Journal there was a very fine article called "A New Generation Is on the Rise in Seminaries" by Fr. Richard Marzheuser. This is especially interesting because his article makes the point very strongly that a new kind of seminarian is emerging and that among other things the new seminarians abhor passivity and moral delinquency. He says the new seminarians read and carry on intelligent conversations with educated people; they love to pray; they set high moral standards for themselves because they are weary of scandal and they are transparent, which means that they do not lead double lives. They are strongly committed to the Eucharist. Anyone who reads Fr. Cozzens' book would do very well to read Fr. Marzheuser's article in the Seminary Journal (Fall 1999, p. 21-31). They are writing about different populations."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 2 min Tony 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 99,684
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min WildWeirdWillie 184,257
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 37 min JonesTardy2017 1
____*antichrist & israel march 2017____ 52 min YTube2017News 1
secret weapon contributing to global chaos 1 hr Haylie2017 7
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 2 hr European resident 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr chazmo 286,432
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr nanoanomaly 980,036
the new gay skype Sat codyh 2