Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517587 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about other dogs?
I did? I wanted to know if a dog could be side-tracked away from the interest of sniffing out heretics if the dog was horny and wanted sex with another dog???

It was meant to be sardonic humor.
oops

United States

#517588 Feb 25, 2014
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/secre...

..."As the most recent UN report on the matter highlights, the Vatican and its various member organizations continue to do everything in their power to stonewall, deny and intimidate in relation to their encouragement and sponsorship of pedophiles and other abusers within their ranks - this after having had centuries to do the right thing. And contrary to your rose-colored view, the latest Pope is just more of the same. "
oops

United States

#517589 Feb 25, 2014
from email notification in my inbox:

...Don't miss this epic 90-minute presentation from award-winning director Antony Thomas.

..."Please Note: In an e-mail last Friday, we stated that there were approximately 10,000 reported cases of children who had been abused by Catholic priests in the United States. Our figure was out of date; the current number is nearly 17,000. We apologize for our error."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517590 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? I wanted to know if a dog could be side-tracked away from the interest of sniffing out heretics if the dog was horny and wanted sex with another dog???
It was meant to be sardonic humor.
Maybe Anthony could tell us.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517591 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They tell me robbing and killing ain't very nice, just like my Church does. The atheists just can't tell me why.
It was not Atheists that burned humans at the stake.

Common sense ought to resonate with your conscience that killing and robbing is not beneficial to others.
oops

United States

#517592 Feb 25, 2014
correction:
from email notification from FRONTLINE in my inbox:

...Don't miss this epic 90-minute presentation from award-winning director Antony Thomas.

..."Please Note: In an e-mail last Friday, we stated that there were approximately 10,000 reported cases of children who had been abused by Catholic priests in the United States. Our figure was out of date; the current number is nearly 17,000. We apologize for our error."
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#517593 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many theologians preaching what they were certain was absolute truth in religions claimed male-saviors materialized in human forms as gods.
But hojo says ... "Only Jesus was real."
And he wants us to take his word for it.
One little speck in the whole universe claims it knows absolute truth.
And a stubbern piece of s#it knows different?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517594 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They tell me robbing and killing ain't very nice, just like my Church does. The atheists just can't tell me why.
The "secular" rules are based on Judeo-Christian principles. And it was the guilty priests and bishops themselves who shamed the Church.
...Anthony says it was the guilty priests and bishops who shamed the church.

......Michael says, the very priests who shamed the church, were put into place by the bishops who shamed the church, and these shameful bishops were put into place by the popes who were put into place, by the voting cardinals that the catholic church says were all guided by the holy spirit.

....So much for the Judeo/christian rules!

.......something is WRONG! Anthony.......and its crystal clear to all.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517595 Feb 25, 2014
PBS’ 48th HIT ON CATHOLIC CHURCH
February 25, 2014

“Secrets of the Vatican” marks the 48th time PBS has addressed sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. Though this problem is practically non-existent in the Catholic community these days, and is rampant in the public schools, as well as in the Orthodox Jewish community, PBS has devoted a combined total of ZERO episodes on both.

All the contrived melodrama is there: ominous dark images; dramatic music; a deep voice-over; bleak hallways; shadowy figures locking doors as a boy enters the room; the words “Power,”“Money,” and “Sex” flashing about, etc. The predictable villain: Pope Benedict XVI. Ironically, he did more than anyone to check this problem, but facts don’t matter when Jason Berry is involved.

A dissident Catholic, Berry is a co-producer of this show; he was also featured in Alex Gibney’s film,“Mea Maxima Culpa.”***Indeed, tonight’s hit job is nothing more than a retread of Gibney’s propaganda: a New Orleans reporter who previewed it says,“this film reminded me of ‘Mea Maxima Culpa.’” These guys can’t go to the sewer too often.***
http://www.catholicleague.org/pbs-48th-hit-ca...

ooops!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517596 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know that Jesus lived and all he taught, you also believe you have mastered truth.
I don't know if Jesus lived.

Please state your source that confirms his existence.

Please don't projection what you think onto me. I've asked this in the past, and I will ask again. Please stop making up things about me. You have no knowledge of my life, except what I post.

Typical Catholic.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived.
Fine. This is your right to choose.

Please post the source of your information that confirms what you have stated above:
"that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived."

...or more accurately, this is just more of your bullshite nonsense you try to project upon others?

Self.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517597 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not Atheists that burned humans at the stake.
Common sense ought to resonate with your conscience that killing and robbing is not beneficial to others.
June VanGollum, it's a good bet that atheists Stalin and Mao slaughtered more in 50 years than all Christian and other religious in the previous 19 centuries.

Common sense to a relativist atheist is whatever they say it is. There exists no moral ethical basis for common sense, conscience or any act of positive actions towards another human being. All we are according to the atheist is a smarter animal. As such, your creed should be survival of the fittest. I take what I want, when I want as long as I'm smarter and stronger than the next guy, and I can use any means to do it. That is your creed no?

Albuquerque, NM

#517598 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers to questions like this are not decided upon yours or my "opinions"! It is a matter of biblical and historical apostolic Moral TRUTH ! Atheists, agnostics and Protestant bible only fundamentalist live a life of "what I think is truth". The One True Apostolic Catholic Church does not, has not, nor will ever base it's TRUTH of doctrine and teachings on " taking a vote" but on 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTHS that have handed down from the Early Catholic Christian Church beginning with Christs first Church at Antioch, The truth of doctrine of Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a democracy" but a matter of "obedience to the Truth of the True Teachings and True interpretation of the bible form the early Church a Fathers who were inspired by God Himself it compile it, write it and interpret it in 382, 393, and 397 AD!!!!
Not if it never had any truth.

Fail.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517599 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Anthony says it was the guilty priests and bishops who shamed the church.
......Michael says, the very priests who shamed the church, were put into place by the bishops who shamed the church, and these shameful bishops were put into place by the popes who were put into place, by the voting cardinals that the catholic church says were all guided by the holy spirit.
....So much for the Judeo/christian rules!
.......something is WRONG! Anthony.......and its crystal clear to all.
Catholics rules are that priests are to be celibate and live holy lives and bishops are to turn over priests who break these rules with minors to the civil authorities. A very small percentage broke those rules. Yeah, that was wrong. Anything else Mike?

Albuquerque, NM

#517600 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
who is Crabbi Oxblow?
A non-Catholic Protestant who doesn't believe in all of what Jesus taught, and refuses to admit that this is true.

There are other traits that he has expressed in his posts, that clearly indicates or suggests that he isn't an honest so-called "Christian" - but then again, I haven't seen a whole lot of that type ("honest Christian") in quite sometime.

*shrugs*

Did that help?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#517601 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Catholic...Deny the truth when it is in your face, and the world knows it!!! Get the egg off of your face!!!!! Don't forget to floss after you do the polishing...!!!!
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this. Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517602 Feb 25, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
PBS’ 48th HIT ON CATHOLIC CHURCH
February 25, 2014
“Secrets of the Vatican” marks the 48th time PBS has addressed sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. Though this problem is practically non-existent in the Catholic community these days, and is rampant in the public schools, as well as in the Orthodox Jewish community, PBS has devoted a combined total of ZERO episodes on both.
All the contrived melodrama is there: ominous dark images; dramatic music; a deep voice-over; bleak hallways; shadowy figures locking doors as a boy enters the room; the words “Power,”“Money,” and “Sex” flashing about, etc. The predictable villain: Pope Benedict XVI. Ironically, he did more than anyone to check this problem, but facts don’t matter when Jason Berry is involved.
A dissident Catholic, Berry is a co-producer of this show; he was also featured in Alex Gibney’s film,“Mea Maxima Culpa.”***Indeed, tonight’s hit job is nothing more than a retread of Gibney’s propaganda: a New Orleans reporter who previewed it says,“this film reminded me of ‘Mea Maxima Culpa.’” These guys can’t go to the sewer too often.***
http://www.catholicleague.org/pbs-48th-hit-ca...
ooops!
“Sometimes negative news does come out, but it is often exaggerated and manipulated to spread scandal. Journalists sometimes risk becoming ill from coprophilia and thus fomenting coprophagia, which is a sin that taints all men and women, that is, the tendency to focus on the negative rather than the positive aspects.”

Pope Francis
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517603 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I wish it wasn't necessary, but there's far too many relativists out there. Where do you think humanity would be right now if there were no rules? I mean, how does an atheist tell another atheist he'd rather he not rob him and shoot him in the head?
....there were forms of character rules long before the Jews arrived.
..john 3:12.....not as Cain the wicked and slew his brother Abel. His own works were evil and his brother righteous, so there were rules/regulations long before the Jews.
..genesis. 13:13. The men of sodom were evil and sinners.
....how can you have sin without rules to correct sin?
...,I am sure all the other human sects back in the day had forms of right from wrong.
....Judeo/christian Anthony says.(lol). Why would you care about judeo? They don't believe in Jesus.
Busted!

Albuquerque, NM

#517604 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanGollum, it's a good bet that atheists Stalin and Mao slaughtered more in 50 years than all Christian and other religious in the previous 19 centuries.
Common sense to a relativist atheist is whatever they say it is. There exists no moral ethical basis for common sense, conscience or any act of positive actions towards another human being. All we are according to the atheist is a smarter animal. As such, your creed should be survival of the fittest. I take what I want, when I want as long as I'm smarter and stronger than the next guy, and I can use any means to do it. That is your creed no?
Citaton please.

Or is this just your opinion?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#517605 Feb 25, 2014
Folks..ease up a little on June.They gave her a heck of a time when she tried to pull her nonsense on another forum.

She had her azz handed to her,and you know that an't what she expected.

So she's back with her tail between her legs.

Let's try to show her why we are the best dammed bunch of posters on topix and look over her 'problems' with love and understanding.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517606 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....there were forms of character rules long before the Jews arrived.
..john 3:12.....not as Cain the wicked and slew his brother Abel. His own works were evil and his brother righteous, so there were rules/regulations long before the Jews.
..genesis. 13:13. The men of sodom were evil and sinners.
....how can you have sin without rules to correct sin?
...,I am sure all the other human sects back in the day had forms of right from wrong.
....Judeo/christian Anthony says.(lol). Why would you care about judeo? They don't believe in Jesus.
Busted!
lol. You cite the Hebrew scriptures to refute Jewish rules. I'm sorry Mike, but you're really having an off day.

Hey Mike, what set of "rules" does an atheist such as yourself utilize when attempting to determine the morality of an action you might take?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 min RiccardoFire 18
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 865,107
How about a grocery delivery service in Bryan/C... 3 min lordgreg96 1
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 13 min yeah 1,944
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 58 min Burke Devlin 221,994
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mr Ironhart 6,495
Why black people smell like poop (Nov '11) 1 hr Ya_momma 27
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr ChristineM 2,014
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 8 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web