Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,756
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517579 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then ya git them inbred nympho's, an ya know what the dog's gonna do next!
I wonder if a horny dog wanting to have sex with another dog, would really care about who was and who wasn't a human heretic???

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517580 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
How many winds of doctrine we have known in recent decades, how many ideological currents, how many ways of thinking. The small boat of thought of many Christians has often been tossed about by these waves – thrown from one extreme to the other: from Marxism to liberalism, even to libertinism; from collectivism to radical individualism; from atheism to a vague religious mysticism; from agnosticism to syncretism, and so forth. Every day new sects are created and what Saint Paul says about human trickery comes true, with cunning which tries to draw those into error (cf Ephesians 4, 14). Having a clear Faith, based on the Creed of the Church, is often labeled today as a fundamentalism. Whereas, relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and "swept along by every wind of teaching", looks like the only attitude acceptable to today's standards. We are moving towards a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires. However, we have a different goal: the Son of God, true man. He is the measure of true humanism. Being an "Adult" means having a faith which does not follow the waves of today's fashions or the latest novelties. A faith which is deeply rooted in friendship with Christ is adult and mature. It is this friendship which opens us up to all that is good and gives us the knowledge to judge true from false, and deceit from truth.
Benedict XVI
How many of your family have been persecuted, tortured, and killed by YOU R church?

Prince George, Canada

#517581 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know!
That's the nonsense yer relatives tell ya all yer life---an then ya discover it was all a lie!
THAT'S "relative truth"..........
Well stated.

Location hidden

#517582 Feb 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The end result is the same. We are going to die because God made it so." End quote.
We are going to die because of ..........S I N. Not because God made it so.
No you are not idiot.
you are going to "die" because you spend a lifetime toxifying yourself...in both mental and physical states. Your deity has nothing to do with it---except in the fact that your church keeps you totally ignorant about those facts, and forbids you to practice the medicine that cires and prolongs....

Location hidden

#517583 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if a horny dog wanting to have sex with another dog, would really care about who was and who wasn't a human heretic???
:)
Who said anything about other dogs?

Prince George, Canada

#517584 Feb 25, 2014
Now is you really think about it ...would the mother of a male savior have to have been impregnated by a male god???

Apparently, if your theology was "appropriate" the mother of god could impregnate her self.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

"The goddesses have stories to tell. One such story—far too long ignored—is that, in their original, unadulterated form, they were parthenogenetic. The word parthenogenesis comes from the Greek parthenos,'virgin' more or less, and gignesthai,'to be born.' It means, essentially, to be born of a virgin—that is, without the participation of a male. For a goddess to be 'parthenogenetic' thus means that she stands as a primordial creatrix, who requires no male partner to produce the cosmos, earth, life, matter and even other gods out of her own essence. Plentiful evidence shows that in their earliest cults, before they were subsumed under patriarchal pantheons as the wives, sisters and daughters of male gods, various female deities of the ancient Mediterranean world were indeed considered self-generating, virgin creatrixes."

Dr. Marguerite Rigoglioso, Virgin Mother Goddesses of Antiquity (1)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517585 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno what do the athiests tell you vs what your cristers tell you?
I do know of the secular rules hadn't hobbled your church, the atrocity would be rampant yet today.
They tell me robbing and killing ain't very nice, just like my Church does. The atheists just can't tell me why.

The "secular" rules are based on Judeo-Christian principles. And it was the guilty priests and bishops themselves who shamed the Church.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517586 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your family have been persecuted, tortured, and killed by YOU R church?
None. How many of yours have?

Prince George, Canada

#517587 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about other dogs?
I did? I wanted to know if a dog could be side-tracked away from the interest of sniffing out heretics if the dog was horny and wanted sex with another dog???

It was meant to be sardonic humor.
oops

United States

#517588 Feb 25, 2014
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/secre...

..."As the most recent UN report on the matter highlights, the Vatican and its various member organizations continue to do everything in their power to stonewall, deny and intimidate in relation to their encouragement and sponsorship of pedophiles and other abusers within their ranks - this after having had centuries to do the right thing. And contrary to your rose-colored view, the latest Pope is just more of the same. "
oops

United States

#517589 Feb 25, 2014
from email notification in my inbox:

...Don't miss this epic 90-minute presentation from award-winning director Antony Thomas.

..."Please Note: In an e-mail last Friday, we stated that there were approximately 10,000 reported cases of children who had been abused by Catholic priests in the United States. Our figure was out of date; the current number is nearly 17,000. We apologize for our error."

Location hidden

#517590 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? I wanted to know if a dog could be side-tracked away from the interest of sniffing out heretics if the dog was horny and wanted sex with another dog???
It was meant to be sardonic humor.
Maybe Anthony could tell us.

Prince George, Canada

#517591 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They tell me robbing and killing ain't very nice, just like my Church does. The atheists just can't tell me why.
It was not Atheists that burned humans at the stake.

Common sense ought to resonate with your conscience that killing and robbing is not beneficial to others.
oops

United States

#517592 Feb 25, 2014
correction:
from email notification from FRONTLINE in my inbox:

...Don't miss this epic 90-minute presentation from award-winning director Antony Thomas.

..."Please Note: In an e-mail last Friday, we stated that there were approximately 10,000 reported cases of children who had been abused by Catholic priests in the United States. Our figure was out of date; the current number is nearly 17,000. We apologize for our error."
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#517593 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many theologians preaching what they were certain was absolute truth in religions claimed male-saviors materialized in human forms as gods.
But hojo says ... "Only Jesus was real."
And he wants us to take his word for it.
One little speck in the whole universe claims it knows absolute truth.
And a stubbern piece of s#it knows different?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517594 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "secular" rules are based on Judeo-Christian principles. And it was the guilty priests and bishops themselves who shamed the Church.
...Anthony says it was the guilty priests and bishops who shamed the church.

......Michael says, the very priests who shamed the church, were put into place by the bishops who shamed the church, and these shameful bishops were put into place by the popes who were put into place, by the voting cardinals that the catholic church says were all guided by the holy spirit.

....So much for the Judeo/christian rules!

.......something is WRONG! Anthony.......and its crystal clear to all.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517595 Feb 25, 2014
PBS’ 48th HIT ON CATHOLIC CHURCH
February 25, 2014

“Secrets of the Vatican” marks the 48th time PBS has addressed sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. Though this problem is practically non-existent in the Catholic community these days, and is rampant in the public schools, as well as in the Orthodox Jewish community, PBS has devoted a combined total of ZERO episodes on both.

All the contrived melodrama is there: ominous dark images; dramatic music; a deep voice-over; bleak hallways; shadowy figures locking doors as a boy enters the room; the words “Power,”“Money,” and “Sex” flashing about, etc. The predictable villain: Pope Benedict XVI. Ironically, he did more than anyone to check this problem, but facts don’t matter when Jason Berry is involved.

A dissident Catholic, Berry is a co-producer of this show; he was also featured in Alex Gibney’s film,“Mea Maxima Culpa.”***Indeed, tonight’s hit job is nothing more than a retread of Gibney’s propaganda: a New Orleans reporter who previewed it says,“this film reminded me of ‘Mea Maxima Culpa.’” These guys can’t go to the sewer too often.***
http://www.catholicleague.org/pbs-48th-hit-ca...

ooops!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517596 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know that Jesus lived and all he taught, you also believe you have mastered truth.
I don't know if Jesus lived.

Please state your source that confirms his existence.

Please don't projection what you think onto me. I've asked this in the past, and I will ask again. Please stop making up things about me. You have no knowledge of my life, except what I post.

Typical Catholic.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived.
Fine. This is your right to choose.

Please post the source of your information that confirms what you have stated above:
"that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived."

...or more accurately, this is just more of your bullshite nonsense you try to project upon others?

Self.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517597 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not Atheists that burned humans at the stake.
Common sense ought to resonate with your conscience that killing and robbing is not beneficial to others.
June VanGollum, it's a good bet that atheists Stalin and Mao slaughtered more in 50 years than all Christian and other religious in the previous 19 centuries.

Common sense to a relativist atheist is whatever they say it is. There exists no moral ethical basis for common sense, conscience or any act of positive actions towards another human being. All we are according to the atheist is a smarter animal. As such, your creed should be survival of the fittest. I take what I want, when I want as long as I'm smarter and stronger than the next guy, and I can use any means to do it. That is your creed no?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517598 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers to questions like this are not decided upon yours or my "opinions"! It is a matter of biblical and historical apostolic Moral TRUTH ! Atheists, agnostics and Protestant bible only fundamentalist live a life of "what I think is truth". The One True Apostolic Catholic Church does not, has not, nor will ever base it's TRUTH of doctrine and teachings on " taking a vote" but on 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTHS that have handed down from the Early Catholic Christian Church beginning with Christs first Church at Antioch, The truth of doctrine of Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a democracy" but a matter of "obedience to the Truth of the True Teachings and True interpretation of the bible form the early Church a Fathers who were inspired by God Himself it compile it, write it and interpret it in 382, 393, and 397 AD!!!!
Not if it never had any truth.

Fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min skanky woman 268,820
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Liam 39,604
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 9 min Doctor REALITY 7
Trump: Hillary, McCain were 'birthers' 22 min Caesar 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Wyle E Coyote 809,050
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 45 min WasteWater 945
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 47 min WasteWater 5,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr razz58 608,142
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr My name is Ashok ... 5,624
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web