Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,068
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517465 Feb 25, 2014
Let's pretend that the CC was pro-democracy and was for women's suffrage.

Then women won't have a difficult time with real church history.

Let's pretend.

Ramen.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517466 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you then claiming that Ramen was drunk when he created all forms of life to have to suffer in order to even try to survive???
And does that mean that because he was drunk that he is not responsible???
Maybe not 'legally' drunk.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517467 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ... well ... excuse me! I misunderstood your god's intentions.
:)
Step #1. Admit your mistake. Bravo.

You are now ready for the next step.

Step #2 - drink much beer or wine as part of the new Communion. Then become a pirate.

My God says drinking blood is creepy.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#517468 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God sent His son Jesus to suffer, die and arise from the dead and to lead us to Salvation for those who believe, are baptized, and endure to the end.......Jesus imitated and gave us HIS One a True Universal (Catholic) Church (in Matthew 16:13-21) to lead, direct and guide us to the TRUTH of Salvation and growing in that TRUE FAITH.......Paul confirms Jesus Christs message of The TRUTH in II Timothy 3:15 when he "clearly" calls. THE CHURCH ( not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle, and foundation of the TRUTH. There is "only one Fullness of the TRUTH and it has, is and will always be manifested in and through Jesus Christ in His "Universally Catholic Church (as it has always been for over 2000 years.), and not in over 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent, conflicting (man-made) Bible only Protestant (self opinionated relative Truths!!!!!!!
I agree with the first part of your post HOJO, while the church maybe the pillar, the Bible is our compass it is the word of God that leads and guides His Holy Church to all truths and what is that truth HOJO.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Many of the protestant churches believe as the catholic church they have it right, but God's church is not a denomination.

Matthew 18
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them

You can't make God fit into man made traditions and rituals, what a foolish idea.

Salvation is God's idea, not mans , the laws were written long ago before Jesus was born.
God's true Holy Pure Church , Every tribe tongue and nation.

The Greek term translated “church” in the New Testament was not restricted to religious gatherings, but could refer to any kind of assembly. It could refer to a “town meeting,” a violent mob, a gathering of worshipers at a local synagogue, or any kind of gathering. The word is ecclesia (related to “ecclesiastical” and “ecclesial,” which refer to church-related matters), and literally means “assembly.”

So Jesus said that He would call an assembly of believers who would proclaim His true gospel to the world as a witness to all nations. The New Testament shows, however, that Christ’s true assembly—the true Church of God—is not restricted to geographical or organizational boundaries, but consists of all in whom the Spirit of God dwells.

To the members of the Church of God at Rome, the apostle Paul writes,“But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His”(Romans 8:9). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ dwelling within him is not one of Christ’s own, and if he is not Christ’s he is not a member of Christ’s assembly, which is the “church of the living God”(1 Timothy 3:15).

Christ began laying the foundation for His church when He called His first disciples.“Follow me,” He said to the fishermen Simon and Andrew,“and I will make you fishers of men”(Matthew 4:19). In other words, Simon and Andrew, along with the other apostles and disciples Jesus would call, would be the instruments whereby Christ would build His church (or gather His assembly). Just as the fishermen cast their nets into the sea and drew in hundreds of fish, the disciples of Jesus would proclaim the gospel of the Kingdom throughout the world, and through the Kingdom message would draw thousands of human beings into Christ’s assembly of believers.

SO HOJO THE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD ARE BELIEVERS WHO ,ARE REGENERATED IN THE SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
'REBORN.. OR BORN-AGAIN"
YTube

Marietta, GA

#517469 Feb 25, 2014

The POPE ...."BANNED"

http://youtu.be/zbzZ_00pX-k

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517470 Feb 25, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
So CC's are still 'astute'? And the Protestants are 'dumb'?
You are in for a surprise. Keep your eyes on the pope...
KayMarie
Did you ever consider that when you keep on arguing over what you are certain a god believes, that you are "both" dumb???

Prince George, Canada

#517471 Feb 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One is blessed for following Jesus:)
I suggest you keep in mind it is you who keeps promoting that belief that Christian theologians taught you to promote as being based on truth.

Muslim theologians teach their human robots that they must believe in the Mahdi as their "savior" ... or they will burn in hell.

Pipe-dreamers ... one and all!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

pipe dream

n.

A fantastic notion or vain hope.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pipe+dream

Prince George, Canada

#517472 Feb 25, 2014
marge wrote:
if you want eternal life with God ask Him as only He can give it.
So ... according to you "God" is there for the "taking???"

What do you perceive that you "give" to God other than your dogmatic faith that (because you believe in Jesus) you are worthy of salvation and others who do not believe your way ... are not worthy of salvation???

Do you honestly believe that is a GIFT to give to a god that is supposed to love all his creation without having any favorites???

You are asking the God to choose favorites, and THAT mentality, is to entertain VAIN-glories.

Even when I was under the spell of religion ... I understood that the Jesus-myth along with all other personalized savior myths was based on selfishness.

Prince George, Canada

#517473 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Graces come "directly" from God Himself, by way of His son Jesus which is manifested in and through HIS One True Universal a Catholic Church----the Bride of Christ!-----
You are demanding that the creator choose only Catholics as being worthy of salvation.

That is a very greedy demand to make of a creator ... especially if a creator actually does exist.

You might at least try to be humble and admit that something "could" be wrong with what you have been taught.

I suggest that if a creator exists ... it would not appreciate spoiled brats speaking in the creator's name.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#517474 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...So all others not baptized go to hell when they die? Baloney!
...You need to embrace humanity, not divide it.
They don't want to embrace humanity as being on the same level. That is why theologians created gods in their own images.

They could then tell others that the gods loved them and would reject all others whose beliefs were different.

It's not by chance that preachers see evil in others and tend to believe that their selves are aligned to holiness.

Arrogant buffoons!

Prince George, Canada

#517475 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I prefer democracy.
As Catholics and Protestants preached at each other over who Jesus agreed with and who Jesus disagreed with ... they couldn't see past their own self-centered blindness.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

In England a Romish paper called the Rambler speaks as follows …“Religious liberty, in the sense of a liberty possessed by every man to choose his own religion, is one of the most wicked delusions ever foisted upon this age by the father of all deceit. The very name of liberty—except in the sense of a permission to do certain definite acts—ought to be banished from the realm of religion. It is neither more nor less than a falsehood. No man has a right to choose his religion. None but an atheist can uphold the principles of religious liberty. Shall I, therefore, fall in with this abominable illusion? Shall I foster that damnable doctrine, that Socinianism, and Calvinism, and Anglicanism, and Judaism are not every one of them mortal sins like murder and adultery? Shall I hold out hopes to my erring Protestant brother that I will not meddle with his creed if he not meddle with mine? Shall I tempt him to forget that he has no more right to his religious views than he has to my purse, or my house, or my lifeblood? No. Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerant itself; for it is the truth itself. We might as rationally maintain that a sane-man has a right to believe that two and two do not make four, as this theory of religious liberty. Its impiety is only equaled by its absurdity.”

This was published and indorsed by the Shepherd of the Valley, a Romish newspaper at St. Louis.

Prince George, Canada

#517476 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
My God says drinking blood is creepy.
Then your god is not real, and is simply an imitation of reality.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#517477 Feb 25, 2014
Wacky theology

Devout believer ... "Look what I brought you God. I brought my soul and my spirit that I "believe" has been washed clean of sin by my belief that Jesus did the work for me."

God ... "Are you so vain as to believe that I would send a part of myself to earth to do your work for you???"

Devout believer .... "That is what I was taught to believe was based on truth."

God ... "I only exist in your brain because you invited me in in ORDER to manipulated my thoughts."

Devout believer ... "But God, I LOVE you and NEED you as my OWN."

God ... "You HAVE me. I am a figment of your imagination. Maybe you should ask your self the question,'What else does my GREED demand that I OWN?'"
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517478 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are demanding that the creator choose only Catholics as being worthy of salvation.
That is a very greedy demand to make of a creator ... especially if a creator actually does exist.
You might at least try to be humble and admit that something "could" be wrong with what you have been taught.
I suggest that if a creator exists ... it would not appreciate spoiled brats speaking in the creator's name.
tongue in cheek
I am not demanding ANYTHING!!!----These are "your"words!!!-----S alvation is a "free gift" from God that we're receive if we are willing to follow HIS plan for Salvation! And do our part!!! It is available and accessible to "anyone and everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.----and based upon the faith and awareness of each individual person! God Our Father is our final judge and not those on this "fundies" on this forum, who think that through there "own ministerial opinions" have decided (on there own) to relieve God of His (ultimate) responsibility .

Prince George, Canada

#517479 Feb 25, 2014
Protestant Theologian ... "By the words that I write in the King James Bible, I will teach you how to believe that you are holy, and how to believe that others are evil."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows ***

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517480 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...So all others not baptized go to hell when they die? Baloney!
...You need to embrace humanity, not divide it.
You,Michael and other atheists and agnostics like yourself are the ones who are instigators in dividing and the splintering of humanity. We as Christians may not totally agree with each but we remain united under God Our Father and creator!!!

Prince George, Canada

#517481 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not demanding ANYTHING!!!----These are "your"words!!!-----S alvation is a "free gift" from God that we're receive if we are willing to follow HIS plan for Salvation! And do our part!!! It is available and accessible to "anyone and everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.----and based upon the faith and awareness of each individual person! God Our Father is our final judge and not those on this "fundies" on this forum, who think that through there "own ministerial opinions" have decided (on there own) to relieve God of His (ultimate) responsibility .
You are demanding that the "Creator" loves only Catholics.

Because it blocks your view, you can't see your own arrogance.

Prince George, Canada

#517482 Feb 25, 2014
If preachers of religion actually believed they could not know the mind of the supposed creator ... they would have nothing to use as sermons.

NOT A THING!

Prince George, Canada

#517483 Feb 25, 2014
Arrogant preacher ... "The HOLY God inspired my fore-bearers to write truth. The devil inspired your fore-bearers to write lies."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#517484 Feb 25, 2014
The truth be told no one is worthy of salvation, we all are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
God Himself came to earth wrapped in human flesh and died in our place to pay the wager for our sins the wager of sin is death.
We can't buy our way to heaven nor can we work our way to Heaven,
Only faith in the works of Christ Jesus will.
You don't have to believe as I do, you are an individual a person, your entitled to your own opinion on this subject.
God said we are to love one another, no matter what;; not just those who agree with us, but also those who don't.
Some people have wrapped themselves in a clock of religion, religion does not save no matter what religion it is!!! chances 9 out of 10 none of them are 100% right which leave to mant chances for serious error.
When humans think they think like God which they don't and will never even come close .

Religions are just hang ups , whose leaders try to fit us into a mold of their making that is bondage,'WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS THERE IS FREEDOM'.
God hates sin,, when Adam and Eve sinned they gave satan control over them and God died to buy back what the devil stole, mans sinful soul.
Yes while we were still sinners Jesus died for us.
God is our creator,[ Our Father] He has a plan for each and everyone of us, and it is perfected.
In my opinion there isn't one person on this earth can improve on that Perfect Plan, " THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING;; LOOK AT THE MESS MAN HAS MADE TRYING TO .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 774,172
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 5 min 7F141E5E 359
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min NEWS-FLASH 175,574
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min lil whispers 604,849
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 22 min Jolly 23,961
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min WasteWater 265,025
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 55 min waaasssuuup 441,759
More from around the web