Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,272
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517481 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not demanding ANYTHING!!!----These are "your"words!!!-----S alvation is a "free gift" from God that we're receive if we are willing to follow HIS plan for Salvation! And do our part!!! It is available and accessible to "anyone and everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.----and based upon the faith and awareness of each individual person! God Our Father is our final judge and not those on this "fundies" on this forum, who think that through there "own ministerial opinions" have decided (on there own) to relieve God of His (ultimate) responsibility .
You are demanding that the "Creator" loves only Catholics.

Because it blocks your view, you can't see your own arrogance.

Prince George, Canada

#517482 Feb 25, 2014
If preachers of religion actually believed they could not know the mind of the supposed creator ... they would have nothing to use as sermons.

NOT A THING!

Prince George, Canada

#517483 Feb 25, 2014
Arrogant preacher ... "The HOLY God inspired my fore-bearers to write truth. The devil inspired your fore-bearers to write lies."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#517484 Feb 25, 2014
The truth be told no one is worthy of salvation, we all are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
God Himself came to earth wrapped in human flesh and died in our place to pay the wager for our sins the wager of sin is death.
We can't buy our way to heaven nor can we work our way to Heaven,
Only faith in the works of Christ Jesus will.
You don't have to believe as I do, you are an individual a person, your entitled to your own opinion on this subject.
God said we are to love one another, no matter what;; not just those who agree with us, but also those who don't.
Some people have wrapped themselves in a clock of religion, religion does not save no matter what religion it is!!! chances 9 out of 10 none of them are 100% right which leave to mant chances for serious error.
When humans think they think like God which they don't and will never even come close .

Religions are just hang ups , whose leaders try to fit us into a mold of their making that is bondage,'WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS THERE IS FREEDOM'.
God hates sin,, when Adam and Eve sinned they gave satan control over them and God died to buy back what the devil stole, mans sinful soul.
Yes while we were still sinners Jesus died for us.
God is our creator,[ Our Father] He has a plan for each and everyone of us, and it is perfected.
In my opinion there isn't one person on this earth can improve on that Perfect Plan, " THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING;; LOOK AT THE MESS MAN HAS MADE TRYING TO .

Prince George, Canada

#517485 Feb 25, 2014
When I was a child I could not imagine a world without religion.

Now, my hopes are based on the idea that some day humans will cast off the last remnants of religion that will in turn stop the insane killing in the name of gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Christian fighters attempted to overthrow the Muslim rebel government in early December, sparking unprecedented bloodshed that left more than 1,000 people dead in a matter of days. An untold number have died in the weeks that followed, with most of the attacks in Bangui targeting Muslims.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/central-african-...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517486 Feb 25, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts don't provide information since you have no knowledge or facts.
Typical Catholic..Deny the truth when they are staring at it!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517487 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for being the board grammar/typo cop.
Ox, you have failed us again.
That's OK, my God still loves you. Having a real God, who is NOT led by my petty emotions is a drag sometimes.
Yep, sometimes it would be nice having a God who hates and tortures for all eternity everyone who disagrees with me or who I dislike.
Sometimes it might be having a God who throws temper tantrums and wipes out entire cities because of a few bad apples. But that would be a delusional god, wouldn't it.
Ramen
It don't get any straighter!!!! I have set you straight on this matter...days ago.....take your crs pills

Prince George, Canada

#517488 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Catholic..Deny the truth when they are staring at it!!!!
You not only created a god in your own image, but you want everybody to believe that you know the mindset OF the god.

You can't get over your self!

Prince George, Canada

#517489 Feb 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
The truth be told no one is worthy of salvation, we all are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
Now you are trying to feign humility.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517490 Feb 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the first part of your post HOJO, while the church maybe the pillar, the Bible is our compass it is the word of God that leads and guides His Holy Church to all truths and what is that truth HOJO.
The Greek term translated “church” in the New Testament was not restricted to religious gatherings
SO HOJO THE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD ARE BELIEVERS WHO ,ARE REGENERATED IN THE SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
'REBORN.. OR BORN-AGAIN"
Hogwash! You and other "bible only fundies" (pick and chose) bible verses only if they fit your anti-catholic agenda, DISREGARDING the TRUTH of the TRUE Historical and biblical translation of the bible that was given to us in 382, 393,and 397 AD by the Early Church fathers "who wrote it......!!!
!------Then you proceed to "dig up" Websters own translation for Church, ignoring what the bible has told us regarding Matthew 16 and Acts 2 and the hierarchical, authoritative, and visible Church that Jesus initiated and established with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders which has in existence for over 2000 years including the "historical factual TRUTH. that (again)has been PROVEN to be True for over 2000 years., There is absolutely (no biblical or historical TRUTH TO BACK UP ANYTHING that you "say with regarding the word church and "YOU KNOW IT"---LTM.--just your own anti-catholic opinion!!! Upon which YOU have decided (on your own) to rewrite Church History!!!!!---- including the re-interpreting " or better yet mis-interpreting the Biblical TRUTH of the bible with one of your many 42,200 plus contradicting and inconsistent "editorialized" (man-made denominations)!!! You are like Peter before his True conversion to Jesus Christ!!! "You fish and catch nothing"!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517491 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't get any straighter!!!! I have set you straight on this matter...days ago.....take your crs pills
That's it?

From the board typo cop and one who knows all about God?

Pills.

Prince George, Canada

#517492 Feb 25, 2014
Insanity brags it owns truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Protestant ... "Jesus favors Protestants."

Catholic ... "No he does NOT. He favors Catholics."

Protestant ... "Why do you find it necessary to lie?"

Catholic ... "I DON'T lie. Jesus and I think exactly the same thoughts."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517493 Feb 25, 2014
How many people has your god killed?

When God burned to death 250 men for burning incense in Numbers 16.35, we know how many were killed.

But how many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah?

How many first-born Egyptian children did he kill?

There’s just no way to know for sure.

Here’s the total, if you use only numbers that are provided in the Bible: 2,821,364.

Are you happy worshipping a maniac god who kills innocent children?

My God is a moral God. Yours is not.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517494 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash! You and other "bible only fundies" (pick and chose) bible verses only if they fit your anti-catholic agenda,
You have con-vinced your self that Jesus lives and that you as a Catholic have "mastered" his train of thought.

Can you not see your own arrogance???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517495 Feb 25, 2014
Numbers 16:49

The Xian's maniac god ills 14,700 people for complaining about his killings.

Fear him? No kidding, if that god were anything other than a delusion.

Mine is the only true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517497 Feb 25, 2014
Blood-thirsty God -- which are the MOST unjustified - like the killing of children and innocent civilians.

Such examples are bears mauling 42 children,

Jephthah sacrificing his daughter,

God killing King David's child to punish David,

God inflicting thousands if not millions of civilians with tumors,

Moses' army killing women and children, etc.

No real God does that BS and your intellect knows it.

Ramen
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517498 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are demanding that the "Creator" loves only Catholics.
Because it blocks your view, you can't see your own arrogance.
It is only YOU, June, in your own anti-church, anti-God, anti-Jesus Christ hostility, animosity an belligerence that keeps saying that God only loves Catholics!!!!!---There is truth in all faiths and all religious beliefs!!! Only the historically and biblically Proven One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated,formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has been given the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH.. Paul confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "THE a CHURCH is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#517499 Feb 25, 2014
Once people go out of control in the belief that they are special, they can't be helped except by a change of mindset.

Once caged by ego, the self has to be defeated, such as occurred with the extremely popular televangelist Jimmy Swaggart.

The first time he was caught visiting a prostitute he cried and begged forgiveness of his devotees ... only to be caught again with a prostitute. That knocked him down off of his own pedestal.

He doesn't rule the air-waves any more as he did in his days of glory. I suggest that he will always be known by many as the preacher who pointed outward at sin, while in "secret" indulging his own interests in lustful passions.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517500 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not demanding ANYTHING!!!----These are "your"words!!!-----S alvation is a "free gift" from God that we're receive if we are willing to follow HIS plan for Salvation! And do our part!!! It is available and accessible to "anyone and everyone regardless of their religious beliefs.----and based upon the faith and awareness of each individual person! God Our Father is our final judge and not those on this "fundies" on this forum, who think that through there "own ministerial opinions" have decided (on there own) to relieve God of His (ultimate) responsibility .
...Your the one judging everybody. Read your posts.

Prince George, Canada

#517501 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only YOU, June, in your own anti-church, anti-God, anti-Jesus Christ hostility, animosity an belligerence that keeps saying that God only loves Catholics!!!!!---There is truth in all faiths and all religious beliefs!!! Only the historically and biblically Proven One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated,formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has been given the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH.. Paul confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls "THE a CHURCH is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!!!
This sermon is a re-run of all your other sermons.

I believe that if we were able to judge you in person you would not be as pristine in your image as you like to put forth on the forum.

You might believe you can hog-tie an image of a god to your self ... but I suggest it is simply your illusion that fills you with such arrogance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Serah 609,906
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 26 min Serah 69,905
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Rosa_Winkel 817,992
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 59 min dollarsbill 2,017
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 125
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,982
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 441,984
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr AussieBobby 270,173
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 98,011
More from around the web