Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693171 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517806 Feb 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A other lie...I have never refused to answer a question....I have refused to continually "beat a dead horse".....no future in it....
Questions you haven't answered, and they aren't "dead horses" either:

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are inspired, and where did "He" state the "He" did not?

Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught, if you claim to believe in him completely?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#517807 Feb 26, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" Many humans programmed by religion jumped off of cliffs and committed suicide in other manners because of the fear that carnal-thinking was of the devil.
If you don't relieve your selves of such stupid archaic thoughts ... you will not be able to be at peace with your own material animal make-up ... and that will make the day for the theologians who want and need you to live in discomfort in your own body ... so that you will in turn need their "assistance."
----------
The Apostle Paul said to, "Bring EVERY thought into subjection of the mind of Christ." Your mind is not a garbage dump.
KayMarie
The Catholic theologians "wrote" that the apostle Paul said "blah blah blah."

Shakespeare also brought drama to life in the minds of his readers with his characters created from imagination.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517808 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I never was a Christian. I was raised by a Christian mother.
Big difference.
I believe I am whole just as I am, and I have no need for religion ... not even your Gnostic version of truth.
You are failing yourself, June.

"I was never a Chrsitian", yet in previous posts you claim you left Christianity four years ago.

Make up my mind - which is it?
- You left Christianity after you left your so-called "Christian Mother's" home?
- OR -
- You left Christianity four years ago?

Go ahead - back-peddle. It will show some sort of talent.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517809 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Do you really believe God is paying attention to your posts defending the catholic church?
...If you found out that God accepts everyone the way they are, would that anger you?
I suggest that the very thought of a god loving others in other religions angers hojo.

He believes he possesses all the good emotions of the supposed god, and that the god only rejects others.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517810 Feb 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are failing yourself, June.
"I was never a Chrsitian", yet in previous posts you claim you left Christianity four years ago.
Make up my mind - which is it?
- You left Christianity after you left your so-called "Christian Mother's" home?
- OR -
- You left Christianity four years ago?
Go ahead - back-peddle. It will show some sort of talent.
You are mistaken. I never ever stated that I left "Christianity." I stated that I left religion.

I never (even as a child) believed in a hell or a devil ... and that means I was never a Christian.

I was simply raised by a Christian mother and a father who believed in reincarnation and who both believed that a creator created the universe.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517811 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
You would not find one Catholic going to a Protestant bible only forum or an atheistic/agnostic forum for the sole purpose of vindictively and hostily attacking and condemning you or any other non-Catholic!! There is "no purpose" for us, as Catholics to do so because we already know that the Catholic Faith and the Church already possesses the Fullness of the Truth and the Fullness of the faith and don't need to go looking for you anti-Catholics to attack what you believe or don't believe--which is a waste of our time!!!
And that is exactly why you grace us with your beautiful presents here on this forum each and everyday...looking for it. BTW are you saying ALL catholic are as Holy as those in this room? lol
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517812 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that there is one non-catholic on this forum that is here to discuss"anything --especially bible only Protestants.------- Hostily attacking, vindictively judging and ripping our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church is the ONLY reason that they are here!!
You forgot that your Catholics murdered everyone who dared to disagree with the idea that they owned the only truth in the universe.

Now you are whining about those on a forum being "allowed" to have different opinions than that taught by your hierarchy.

You really are a very shallow, self-serving person.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517813 Feb 26, 2014
From the book “Albert Einstein … THE WORLD AS I SEE IT” comes the following ……

Religion and Science

With primitive man it is above all fear that evokes religious notions—fear of hunger, wild beasts, sickness, death. Since at this stage of existence understanding of causal connections is usually poorly developed, the human mind creates for itself more or less analogous beings on whose wills and actions these fearful happenings depend. One’s object now is to secure the favour of these beings by carrying out actions and offering sacrifices which, according to the tradition handed down from generation to generation, propitiate them or make them well disposed towards a mortal. I am speaking now of the religion of fear.

Location hidden

#517814 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that...God is - in some way- present at Protestant services.
Adrenaline rush however, shouldn't be the measuring stick on whether not you have the Holy Spirit or the correct scripture interpretations.

You mean like this?
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517815 Feb 26, 2014
Even though it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me, I'm willing to admit that the universe could have been created.

But I suggest that if there is an all-knowing creator ... it's indeed a monster, and nothing that I would worship, out of fear, or out of respect.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517816 Feb 26, 2014
GOD

...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
- No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger

Mark Twain

Location hidden

#517817 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Theatrical is a great way to put it. It seems unless the adrenaline gets flowing at their services, the 'holy spirit' isn't present. If their adrenaline flows, then the spirit moved them. Same with individual scripture reading. They discern if they got it right by how their heart rate is. That's how I see it.
Very seldom, if ever, have I walked out of Mass feeling jacked up like I just saw a great movie or football game. I feel just the opposite. I feel peace, calmness, love, compassion, humble etc. Even if there was a fiery homily that got me excited, its not the Holy Spirit making me feel that way, its 'excitement.'
I've said before, I think the entire protestant evangelical service makes or breaks on whether or not the minister can move them. If he's not a charismatic articulate speaker, forget it.

You mean like this kinda feel good...lol
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#517818 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Even though it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me, I'm willing to admit that the universe could have been created.
I thought I was to soil myself when I read that.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517819 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gvu9ta7HWtQXX
No. You don't know what you're talking about, you're trolling. The Jazz Mass is an anomaly; it isn't what you think it is. However, what Liam is referring to is considered normal "worship" in evangelical fundamentalist circles. As the author of the article I posted points out, real faith is not based on feelings or emotions, or it shouldn't be but, unfortunately, all too often is. The author is an evangelical protestant. Feeling "warm fuzzies" is not an indication of finding God and the fullness of the faith.

http://goneworleans.about.com/od/festivals/a/...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517820 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gvu9ta7HWtQXX
That was neat. I grew up in a Polish parish and they'd do that once a year with Polka music. Thanks!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517821 Feb 26, 2014
Septuagesima Sunday: strength in time of oppression
Posted on 4 February 2012

In the traditional Roman calendar this Sunday (Feb. 16, 2014) is called Septuagesima, Latin for the “Seventieth” day before Easter. This number is more symbolic than arithmetical. The Sundays which follow are Sexagesima (“sixtieth”) and Quinquagesima (“fiftieth”) before Ash Wednesday brings in Lent, called in Latin Quadragesima,“Fortieth”.

These pre-Lenten Sundays prepare us for the discipline of Lent
Septuagesima gives us a more solemn attitude for Holy Mass.

Purple is worn on Sunday rather than the green of the time after Epiphany. These Sundays have Roman stations. Alleluia is sung for the last time at First Vespers of Septuagesima and is then excluded until Holy Saturday.

The antiphons for the first part of Mass carry a theme of affliction, war, oppression. How appropriate right now when the Obama Administration is conducting a war against the Catholic Church and against religious liberty of all Americans. We hear from 1 Corinthians on how Christians must strive on to the end of the race. The Tract (which substitutes the Gradual and Alleluia) is the De profundis (Psalm 130 "Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord...")

COLLECT:
Preces populi tui,
quaesumus, Domine, clementer exaudi:
ut, qui iuste pro peccatis nostris affligimur,
pro tui nominis gloria misericorditer liberemur.

This prayer, as well as the other two we will see, is in versions of ancient sacramentaries, such as the Gregorian. Our wonderful Lewis & Short Dictionary says ex-audio means “listen to” in the sense of “harken, perceive clearly.” There is a greater urgency to exaudi (an imperative, or command form) than in the simple audi. Clementer is an adverb from clemens, meaning among other things “Mild in respect to the faults and failures of others, i.e. forbearing, indulgent, compassionate, merciful.”

We are asking God the omnipotent Creator to listen to us little finite sinful creatures in a manner that is not only attentive but also patient and indulgent.

LITERAL TRANSLATION:
We beseech You, O Lord, graciously to hark
to the prayers of Your people:
so that we who are justly afflicted for our sins,
may mercifully be freed for the glory of Your Name.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/02/wdtprs-septuag...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#517822 Feb 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we know he's keeping faithful to the Church's reaching that all validly baptized persons are Christians, and I'm certain he wishes to give each one of them the benefit of the doubt, but no question he'd argue the error of anyone who claims to be a Christian and denies Christ's divinity. Although we always see the MSM breathlessly reporting on every statement he makes, I will always look to the articles written by the traditionalists who are very good at capturing the essence and meaning of his statements. He's a traditionally faithful and profoundly humble man who's able to see above and beyond the pettiness and hyper-sensationalism in today's culture. Keep an eye on him, he's going to surprise the heck out of us, in a good way.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Well, we know he's keeping faithful to the Church's reaching that all validly baptized persons are Christians, and I'm certain he wishes to give each one of them the benefit of the doubt, but no question he'd argue the error of anyone who claims to be a Christian and denies Christ's divinity." End quote.

You have proclaimed "all validly bapitzed persons are Christians", correct? Well, please read the following account of a man "validly baptized" by Philip. Is this man a Christian? According to you he is. Just sayin'

Acts 8:9-13, 9 "But there was a man named Simon, who had previously practiced magic in the city and amazed the people of Samaria, saying that he himself was somebody great. 10 They all paid attention to him, from the least to the greatest, saying,“This man is the power of God that is called Great.” 11 And they paid attention to him because for a long time he had amazed them with his magic. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were BAPTIZED, both men and women. 13 EVEN SIMON HIMSELF BELIEVED, AND AFTER BEING BAPTIZED HE CONTINUED WITH PHILIP, AND SEEING SIGNS AND GREAT MIRACLES PERFORMED, HE WAS AMAZED."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517823 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You don't know what you're talking about, you're trolling. The Jazz Mass is an anomaly; it isn't what you think it is. However, what Liam is referring to is considered normal "worship" in evangelical fundamentalist circles. As the author of the article I posted points out, real faith is not based on feelings or emotions, or it shouldn't be but, unfortunately, all too often is. The author is an evangelical protestant. Feeling "warm fuzzies" is not an indication of finding God and the fullness of the faith.
http://goneworleans.about.com/od/festivals/a/...
Aaahahahah!
So now we have "normal" and "abnormal" worship "a la cathaholic" huh?
LOL!
Perhaps you should pray to your deity and have him show up with a sign, so everyone will know what type of insanity it actually is.

Location hidden

#517824 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was neat. I grew up in a Polish parish and they'd do that once a year with Polka music. Thanks!
Read below the the tube its says weekly Mass...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517825 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
Septuagesima Sunday: strength in time of oppression
Posted on 4 February 2012
In the traditional Roman calendar this Sunday (Feb. 16, 2014) is called Septuagesima, Latin for the “Seventieth” day before Easter. This number is more symbolic than arithmetical. The Sundays which follow are Sexagesima (“sixtieth”) and Quinquagesima (“fiftieth”) before Ash Wednesday brings in Lent, called in Latin Quadragesima,“Fortieth”.
These pre-Lenten Sundays prepare us for the discipline of Lent
Septuagesima gives us a more solemn attitude for Holy Mass.
Purple is worn on Sunday rather than the green of the time after Epiphany. These Sundays have Roman stations. Alleluia is sung for the last time at First Vespers of Septuagesima and is then excluded until Holy Saturday.
The antiphons for the first part of Mass carry a theme of affliction, war, oppression. How appropriate right now when the Obama Administration is conducting a war against the Catholic Church and against religious liberty of all Americans. We hear from 1 Corinthians on how Christians must strive on to the end of the race. The Tract (which substitutes the Gradual and Alleluia) is the De profundis (Psalm 130 "Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord...")
COLLECT:
Preces populi tui,
quaesumus, Domine, clementer exaudi:
ut, qui iuste pro peccatis nostris affligimur,
pro tui nominis gloria misericorditer liberemur.
This prayer, as well as the other two we will see, is in versions of ancient sacramentaries, such as the Gregorian. Our wonderful Lewis & Short Dictionary says ex-audio means “listen to” in the sense of “harken, perceive clearly.” There is a greater urgency to exaudi (an imperative, or command form) than in the simple audi. Clementer is an adverb from clemens, meaning among other things “Mild in respect to the faults and failures of others, i.e. forbearing, indulgent, compassionate, merciful.”
We are asking God the omnipotent Creator to listen to us little finite sinful creatures in a manner that is not only attentive but also patient and indulgent.
LITERAL TRANSLATION:
We beseech You, O Lord, graciously to hark
to the prayers of Your people:
so that we who are justly afflicted for our sins,
may mercifully be freed for the glory of Your Name.
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/02/wdtprs-septuag...
Maybe if ya all went out and murdered and tortured some heretics and confiscated their assets you'd all feel better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min Bongo 51,607
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min trifecta1 991,858
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Peter Ross 445,959
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr whatgod 619,865
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 1 hr Holy Pipek 7
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 4 hr __The Clown Master__ 2,468
__TRUMP Creating Worst Harm to ISRAEL__ 8 hr 2018 News 1
More from around the web