Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646605 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517508 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not mastered anything other than (each day) more and more surrendering Ito HIS divine Word.
Actually you believe that you have MASTERED divinity to its core.

As have all preachers in all religions, you have fed your self mental food fit for fools.

Prince George, Canada

#517509 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the judge of each person!!---
If you really believed that statement you would not preach for fear of getting the message wrong!

If you just happen to be wrong, that would mean you have taken the LORD'S name in VAIN.

Right hojo???
LTM

Oshawa, Canada

#517510 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash! You and other "bible only fundies" (pick and chose) bible verses only if they fit your anti-catholic agenda, DISREGARDING the TRUTH of the TRUE Historical and biblical translation of the bible that was given to us in 382, 393,and 397 AD by the Early Church fathers "who wrote it......!!!
!------Then you proceed to "dig up" Websters own translation for Church, ignoring what the bible has told us regarding Matthew 16 and Acts 2 and the hierarchical, authoritative, and visible Church that Jesus initiated and established with Bishops, priests, deacons and elders which has in existence for over 2000 years including the "historical factual TRUTH. that (again)has been PROVEN to be True for over 2000 years., There is absolutely (no biblical or historical TRUTH TO BACK UP ANYTHING that you "say with regarding the word church and "YOU KNOW IT"---LTM.--just your own anti-catholic opinion!!! Upon which YOU have decided (on your own) to rewrite Church History!!!!!---- including the re-interpreting " or better yet mis-interpreting the Biblical TRUTH of the bible with one of your many 42,200 plus contradicting and inconsistent "editorialized" (man-made denominations)!!! You are like Peter before his True conversion to Jesus Christ!!! "You fish and catch nothing"!!!!
hojo.... NO ONE CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHICH VERSES TO BELIEVE AND WHICH NOT BECAUSE IF YOU DO;; YOU CAN'T AND DON'T BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD AT ALL. ITS THAT SIMPLE.
IF A PRIEST OR PASTOR IS TEACHING ME THE GOSPLE THE ONLY WAY I KNOW IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH ACCORDING TO GOD'S WORD IS TO SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES {WHICH BY THE WAY JESUS TOLD US TO DO}.
I AM ANTI-CATHOLIC HOJO, BECAUSE IT IS ANTI-CHRIST, AND PRO- MARY.
SALVATION COMES FROM GOD NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCHS TRADITIONS AND RITUALS.
I AM ANTI-RELIGION PERIOD BECAUSE MANY MANY PROTESTANT DENOMINATION HAVE HANDLE ON TO THEIR CATHOLIC TRADITIONS IN SPITE OF THE REFORM.
I BELIEVE IN GOD THE FATHER , GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.
I BELIEVE GOD REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ON EARTH, NOT IN THE POPE .
IF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WOULD START SHARING ITS WEALTH, IT HAS STORED UP FOR IT SELF, TO ALL THE POOR COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD WHERE THE CATHOLIC FAITH DOMINATES, IT COULD FEED THE WORLD 10 TIMES OVER.
I COULD TELL YOU MANY STORIES FROM CATHOLIC'S AND EX CATHOLIC'S OF BEING RIDICULED FOR NOT PUTTING ENOUGH IN THE COLLECTION PLATE, WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TO FEED THE KIDS THEY WERE HAVING BECAUSE THE CATHOLIC'S WERE ENCOURAGED TO HAVE A KID EVERY YEAR.
YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH IS A FARCE HOJO. I AM NOT FOR ABORTION EITHER, BUT I KNOW MANY CATHOLIC'S WHO HAVE ONE EVERY YEAR JUST ABOUT.
I KNEW ONE WOMAN WHO HAD 7.
YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH SPEAKS AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY, YET YOUR CHURCH IS FULL OF THEM . LIKE POPE BENNY WHO WAS PRACTICING IT, WHEN HE WAS BOOTED OUT HE AND HIS BOYFRIEND WENT OFF TO SPENT A HAPPY EVER AFTER.
GO TRY AND COMVINCE OTHERS HOJO, YOU SWALLOWED THE WHOLE LIE HOOK LINE AND SINKER.

Prince George, Canada

#517511 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....if it feels good do it, Hojo does it all the time.
I prefer other forms of mental masturbation ... such as, believing that I am whole without any damned theologians being allowed to mess with my thoughts ... as once was the case.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#517512 Feb 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Equating the believers,who come to belied in Christ after the,Reformation with the holocaust??
Sure,sounds,like you REALLY REALY accept us,as Christians .
Your Church went the way of Power...which is corruption...the Reformation brought g by about changes,in your Church as,well as the Born again ...what was,that word...oh yes WHACKOS ...who follow,Christ our savior...who love Him and yes,are born again..
And spread HIS,word.
So much for acceptance
We are brothers and sisters,in Christ ...but you guys here are,NOT accepting of that .
I think your Pope ..And John Paul felt differently...
It's,JESUS ...WHAT HE DID..not Peter being a,Pope which he was NOT ..that's supposed to be worshipped.
What DID GOD do to the,Jews,who went their own way...insisted on a,king ..which latter kings,went to other Gods...what h a opened to the TEMPLE which defiled itself ...
Your RCC. got way to heavy in secular matters........the Reformation brought about changes,for you also.
You are Christians if you have been validly baptized.

But:

FIFTH QUESTION

Why do the texts of the Council and those of the Magisterium since the Council not use the title of “Church” with regard to those Christian Communities born out of the Reformation of the sixteenth century?

RESPONSE

According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#517513 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Between the lines what Anthony and Regina are telling you is that your belief just doesn't quite come up to their standards of the one true church that they by chance were born into. They specialize in googled minor technicalities, to always talk over you that orthodox might be OK, but!, it doesn't match the goldstandard of Catholicism.......the one true church.
Wrong Mike. As a Latin Rite Catholic I can definitively say that I can affirmatively believe everything thing that the Orthodox Church affirmatively believes.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517514 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text> but I suggest it is simply your illusion that fills you with such arrogance.
To speak the Truth regarding the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ as it Has always been "Fully connected" to His Universal (Catholic) Church for over 2000 years, is not arrogance but TRUE conviction, insight, discernment and submission to Gods "Divine Providence"!!! Only those who reject, water-down or compromise those Truths ( asJesus said)-----remain " Blinded to the Truth" !!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517515 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the judge of each person!!---I only speak and convey the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History-----
that has been fully manifested in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church...---- to chose or reject that TRUTH!!
OK, I'll bite.

Why do you believe it is moral to kill a child for the sins of the child's father?

What does your TRUTH say?

Personally, I believe that is immoral. Why do you believe otherwise?

Let the TRUTH shine! Enlighten us.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517516 Feb 25, 2014
The Jews faithful to Judaism say that Jesus could not be a messiah or he would not have turned against Judaism.

Catholics say that the Jews were and are liars and that Jesus was the only wise Jew who turned against Judaism in order to favor only Catholics.

I suggest that they all fancy their selves as being special and that unfortunately they allowed their religion to rule over any semblance of common sense.

Prince George, Canada

#517517 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
To speak the Truth regarding the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ as it Has always been "Fully connected" to His Universal (Catholic) Church for over 2000 years, is not arrogance but TRUE conviction, insight, discernment and submission to Gods "Divine Providence"!!! Only those who reject, water-down or compromise those Truths ( asJesus said)-----remain " Blinded to the Truth" !!!
You are comparable to a hamster running on a wheel that goes nowhere but around and around and around in a circle.

Prince George, Canada

#517518 Feb 25, 2014
I suggest that if truth existed and visited earth ... humans would not recognize it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#517519 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Between the lines what Anthony and Regina are telling you is that your belief just doesn't quite come up to their standards of the one true church that they by chance were born into. They specialize in googled minor technicalities, to always talk over you that orthodox might be OK, but!, it doesn't match the goldstandard of Catholicism.......the one true church.
Thanks Michael
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517520 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe my 70 years in religion was a waste of time.
Without having been indulged in such fantasies concerning religion, I wouldn't be able to share with others how I managed to finally escape religion.
Atheists that were never under the spell of religion can't possibly know the hypnotic appeal OF religion.
That is my concept of truth.
Unfortunately, June, you obviously haven't learned much of anything in 70 years !!!!-----With faith and Salvation as they are "fully connected" to the TRUTH of God, Jesus Christ and His One True Church there is still time to "put aside"your ( prodigal -daughter ) anti-Church hostility.

Prince George, Canada

#517521 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be willing to believe that if a creator existed, the creator would only give the truth to Catholics???

WHY???

Prince George, Canada

#517522 Feb 25, 2014
Humans use religion to overestimate the importance of the human animal.

Humans are the only animals that fight and kill over religion.

And then humans have the audacity to claim being superior over other animals.

WOW!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517523 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that if truth existed and visited earth ... humans would not recognize it.
I/We as Catholics have already recognized these TRUTHS as others have done for over 2000 years-----1.2 billion Catholics continue to do so today in the 21st century along with trillions and trillions of other Catholics who have ALL gone before us "marked with the sign of faith " have also done for the past 2000 years

Prince George, Canada

#517524 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, June, you obviously haven't learned much of anything in 70 years !!!!-----With faith and Salvation as they are "fully connected" to the TRUTH of God, Jesus Christ and His One True Church there is still time to "put aside"your ( prodigal -daughter ) anti-Church hostility.
Why would you be willing to believe that if a creator existed, the creator would only give the truth to Catholics???

WHY???

Prince George, Canada

#517525 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/We as Catholics have already recognized these TRUTHS as others have done for over 2000 years-----1.2 billion Catholics continue to do so today in the 21st century along with trillions and trillions of other Catholics who have ALL gone before us "marked with the sign of faith " have also done for the past 2000 years

WHY???

Prince George, Canada

#517526 Feb 25, 2014
Even as a small child Protestant preachers could not convince me that they were graced with divine truth and those in other religions were deprived ... by (no less) the supposed same god that ruled the whole universe.

It made no sense and I would not believe it had anything in common with even a semblance of truth.

Now I comprehend that they were simply using the words in their KJV to in turn blow off nothing but hot air.

Prince George, Canada

#517527 Feb 25, 2014
As a child I was fully aware that there was a Catholic church in my little town.

And I was also fully aware that the priest taught that those in other religions, such as my Protestant mother, for not being Catholic, would burn in hell.

It taught me that religion that was supposedly meant to unite ... actually was the "cause" of division.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,620
Antwan Carter 1 hr SnowBunny1 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr VIKING 48,735
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr USA-1 38,755
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,687
More from around the web