Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#516810 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
People over-eat, and their obesity causes disease.
People over-indulge in sex and their activities cause disease.
Disease caused from over-eating is not perceived as a sin, but disease causes from sex is considered a terrible sin.
It's amazing how humans count on perception to be based on truth.
Makes one wonder how many bon bons you put away.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#516811 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your will that drives you to believe that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell???
Or did a devil lead you into that temptation???
Looking for a bunk mate?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516812 Feb 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Didn't make sense when I was a kid, still makes no sense today.
...You only believe the trinity because that is all you learned. Explain the trinity to a Muslim and see their response, because they learned something different.
Why does the church refer them as Persons, when person means human being? Makes no common sense.
Hey, if you didn't want to know, why did you ask?

(Angels are also persons.)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#516813 Feb 22, 2014
To have such negative beliefs of others that they deserve to spend eternity in hells does not stem from positive thought.

So if you are preaching such negativity, I suggest that your messages could not stem from a positive source.

NOT a CHANCE!

To see the best in others and believe they are as worthy of good fortune as are we ... is positive thinking.

That is what I hope for the future of others ... that nothing bad will happens to them ... ever.

I don't want religion to lead me into believing that others deserve hell and I deserve heaven.

I won't allow my thought to go there.
truth

Brookton, Australia

#516814 Feb 22, 2014
Isus nije govorio tako
isus je lijecio
isus je prepoznao zlo koje ulazi u kljude i kuce i stanove od onih tako mrskih i tako zlih izgubljenih dusha
oni se smjeskaju
i uzivaju kaznjavati druge
jer su vec su izgubljeni

a mi koji koracamo ovom zemljom
necemo za njima

Isus rekao izadji iz njega ili nje ili iz te i te kuche stana doma njive

da naredio je tami da se povuche..

seeeeeeeee
citajte zlotvori
pervert and advesary skupa druguju

da da da

moli te da vam bog dade snage trpiti

jer vam to salju oni koji voliti vishe nemogu
oni koji su za sva vremena izgubljeni
oni i kad se smjeskaju
oni isto mrznjom rade
oni i kad propagiraju
istu tamu zabludu i njihove gnusne zakone propagiraju

o nesretna nemani
koja si sam ili sama zaljubljena u to prokleto zlo
Boga ima

nema stotine ili milione lidera
samo je jedan bog

o ye
pogledajte kako se grste prshte i mrznu
kad im reknesh da nikakvi nisu oni lideri i od niceg
test

United States

#516815 Feb 22, 2014
Hi
Michael

Canada

#516816 Feb 22, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
256 St. Gregory of Nazianzus, also called "the Theologian", entrusts this summary of Trinitarian faith to the catechumens of Constantinople:
Above all guard for me this great deposit of faith for which I live and fight, which I want to take with me as a companion, and which makes me bear all evils and despise all pleasures: I mean the profession of faith in the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. I entrust it to you today. By it I am soon going to plunge you into water and raise you up from it. I give it to you as the companion and patron of your whole life. I give you but one divinity and power, existing one in three, and containing the three in a distinct way. Divinity without disparity of substance or nature, without superior degree that raises up or inferior degree that casts down... the infinite co-naturality of three infinites. Each person considered in himself is entirely God... the three considered together... I have not even begun to think of unity when the Trinity bathes me in its splendor. I have not even begun to think of the Trinity when unity grasps me...92
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
.....Yawn!.....and my arms off to the side pointing stiffly upward.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516817 Feb 22, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> The Holy Spirit will lead the college of cardinals to select a Pope that will continue to serve in the long line of Popes that were the "foundation" of the Church.
The Catholic Church states Christ Himself placed the Church in Peter's hands. This was then passed down through succession. Why would Christ leave the process of selection so flawed after Peter?Flawed in the sense that the Holy Spirit will guide the cardinals but they may choose more of their own will. This is Christ's Church..He was crucified for it. Why would leave it precariously in the hands of man's weakness when man already fell from grace once? And if they pick the wrong Pope the Holy Spirit will fix it by transforming the selection. Am I the only one having difficulty with this?
. But we may not follow him.
Yeah. You aren't the only one my friend.....I am awash in disbelief in such a precarious system. The head must be really busy, or on some heavy duty C R A C K....OR----it is all one huge intricately fabricated lie. which makes "FUBAR" appear insignificant by comparison.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#516818 Feb 22, 2014
I believe that people suffering from sexually transmitted diseases should be treated with the same respect as people suffering from other diseases caused by over-indulgence of pleasures such as food, smoking, addiction to alcohol, drugs and gambling ... et cetera.

Many people suffered and suffer from mental disease caused by religion.

I suggest that they also deserve to be treated with understanding and compassion.

Location hidden

#516819 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Protestants know universal truth???
Nope. I don't....and you can take it all the way down the line and make it all inclusive.....so you see-we can agree.
Gosh--I'm a poet now too....next I'll be omnipotent-That is, if you don't beat me to it first.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#516821 Feb 22, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY!

Who would they be ... according to your highness who seems to believe you have all the answers from on HIGH???
Michael

Canada

#516823 Feb 22, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if you didn't want to know, why did you ask?
......I just wanted to see if you continue to read my posts..........and you do!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#516824 Feb 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Awww come on. Click on it. I did...You'll learn something.
Yeah I bet you did learn somethin. Lol. "how to embrace a lie just because it agrees with your anti catholicism"
There, you have another teammate in black thunder. Lets get a Satanist on here and your circle of friends will be complete, then you can march on the Vatican, holding hands against your common enemy.
truth

Brookton, Australia

#516825 Feb 22, 2014
they lie in waiting to deceive

all plain of them is on front calculated into destructive

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

wickedness diploma

see

explain
its look nice with kind words toward them

when they set up trap for others
only law exist
-don't see
-don't hear

Are you for sure?
see ordinary way explanation
ow-full describe great plain of them

So so so what?!

Location hidden

#516826 Feb 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Didn't make sense when I was a kid, still makes no sense today.
...You only believe the trinity because that is all you learned. Explain the trinity to a Muslim and see their response, because they learned something different.
Why does the church refer them as Persons, when person means human being? Makes no common sense.
WELL?! Neither does most of the doctrine ta "normal" folks with actual brains.......Why, I'm will'n ta bet you would make more sense when fall'n down drunk, than these stifled subjugates make stand'n up sober.
I think they all practiced too much William Tell apple tricks, while being real bad shots myself....but that's just an educated guess.......
truth

Brookton, Australia

#516827 Feb 22, 2014
ajde tugo
reci mi da me nevolish
i kad me milo zovesh
i kad mi milo tepash
i kad mi lijepo pjevash

nevazi rekoh ti

ne ne ne nechu ja to ne
truth

Brookton, Australia

#516828 Feb 22, 2014
enemy is some
they are alltogether

who told you they diveded

not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hafto and poseso and decivo is some

povuku se samo za momenat
its tactic
yep
satan change tactic
nemoj nikom kazat=don't see, don't hear

very sad
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516829 Feb 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I just wanted to see if you continue to read my posts..........and you do!
Awww, and here you wanted a cyber-hug all along and I didn't notice! Poor little buddy! It's okay, Mike, really, it'll be all right. We're here for ya, guy. Buck up!

Location hidden

#516830 Feb 22, 2014
npanhandle wrote:
I am an ordained Roman Catholic priest. I am a cradle Catholic and will probably always be Catholic. There are so many things about this church that I don't respect and I get irritated when I allow myself to shudder and cringe at some of the teachings and statements that come out of Rome and the Conference of Catholic Bishops. I tend to be a progressive who believes that we make the Church (any Church) into God and forget who it is God is. I will always follow the teachings of Jesus and many others whose teachings I find match my own beliefs. And I will always be a RC priest. I just dismiss those things that I hear and read about from the Pope, a lot of Bishops and Cardinals, and a lot of my priest friends.
I'm really sorry ya got yerself panhandled like that.
It's really up ta you ta climb out'a the pit(Gehinnam). That's where the Hebrews throw all ther worthless and perverted folks.
You ain't gay are ya? That'll make yer climb ta reality even harder with these zealots and bigots.

Location hidden

#516831 Feb 22, 2014
npanhandle wrote:
I am an ordained Roman Catholic priest. I am a cradle Catholic and will probably always be Catholic. There are so many things about this church that I don't respect and I get irritated when I allow myself to shudder and cringe at some of the teachings and statements that come out of Rome and the Conference of Catholic Bishops. I tend to be a progressive who believes that we make the Church (any Church) into God and forget who it is God is. I will always follow the teachings of Jesus and many others whose teachings I find match my own beliefs. And I will always be a RC priest. I just dismiss those things that I hear and read about from the Pope, a lot of Bishops and Cardinals, and a lot of my priest friends.
And I am an accomplished studied Wizard....so what is your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 31,247
Little Jojo 1 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 3 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 7 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 10 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web