Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,635
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516422 Feb 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there were others before that, but the land they came from is now gone. It was the land where your (all) religion actually originated. I realize no one wants to hear that, but it is what it is...just like the Columbus rewrite of history.
What you believe it was is real to you ... but to others who choose other history, that history is real to them ... at least according to individual personalized imagination.
StarC

Rowland Heights, CA

#516423 Feb 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Chief: The white man came and gave us the bible and said to close our eyes and pray and we would find their god, and so we did this..........when we opened our eyes, we had their book, and they had our land.
So true, but now we have casinos! lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#516424 Feb 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been over this, thief.
Acccording to Merriam-Webster, plagiarism is to "use (another's production) without crediting the source".
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
You don't have to deny being a thief to be a thief; that would just make you a liar as well as a thief.
And, according to PlagiarismToday.com , even re-tweeting without credit is plagiarism:
<quoted text>
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2009/08/14/ret...
Sucks to be dumb and a thief, eh, thief?
Lying snake...Show me where I declared what I had posted were my original words.....never happened....

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516425 Feb 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "never" was a Catholic to begin with!-------it is comical how "paint brush" in generalities because of your hostile anti-God, anti-Jesus, anti-Church and anti-religion antagonism. The only sense that you believe in is your own "nonsense"!!!
You weren't born Catholic in your belief. Your parents were Catholic and they indoctrinated you into Catholicism.

Had your parents been Muslim ... you would have been indoctrinated as a Muslim.

You just don't want to accept that as fact ... and that is your problem.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516426 Feb 21, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever religionists may brag about they are liars intensionally or unintensionally.
Their intention is to convince others that they know truth straight from a divine source.

They will even kill ... to prove that what they say is true.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516427 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you Catholic's take claim for the birth of Jesus or 9/11....How about Adam and Eve...I bet you claim they were Catholic's also..
Wacky theology

Adam and Eve could not have been Catholics ... as they never lived in a era when they could have been saved by Jesus ... the Catholic.

:)

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516428 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> yep yep.....the catholic church loves to rewrite church history to justify their claim of being the True Church......
The Catholics are of the true Catholic church.

They certainly aren't Gnostics, or Protestants, or Muslims, or anointed Jews.
StarC

Rowland Heights, CA

#516429 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> It was one of you guys that said America. And when someone says just the word America, one is lead to believe that your talking about USA. Now if your talking about the continent of North and South America you would call it the America's or North America....Why don't you Catholic's take claim for the birth of Jesus or 9/11....How about Adam and Eve...I bet you claim they were Catholic's also..
Wow, u r really a Catholic hater, guess it's the results
from ur Protestant days...,

You are correct we do take credit for the birth of Jesus it was Jesus that started our Church.

It was the Spanish Catholics that brought the Catholic faith to America. Amen and period !!
Live with it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516430 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe it was is real to you ... but to others who choose other history, that history is real to them ... at least according to individual personalized imagination.
Research and archaeology is leading to the actuality of it...unlike unsubstantiated "belief". Contrary to your "paradigm" of everything is just a made up belief, it relies upon actual peer reviewed historical "evidence" to construct(reconstruct) the timeline and events .
However, you are free to believe whatever in ignorance.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#516431 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't born Catholic in your belief. Your parents were Catholic and they indoctrinated you into Catholicism.
Had your parents been Muslim ... you would have been indoctrinated as a Muslim.
You just don't want to accept that as fact ... and that is your problem.
"No one" in my family (parents,grandparents nor any past generations have "ever" been Catholic!!! Again---"paint brushing" in your anti-Catholic -anti-religious generalities is the only "trump card" that keeps you "precariously" hanging on by a thread" on this forum!!

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516433 Feb 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Research and archaeology is leading to the actuality of it...unlike unsubstantiated "belief". Contrary to your "paradigm" of everything is just a made up belief, it relies upon actual peer reviewed historical "evidence" to construct(reconstruct) the timeline and events .
However, you are free to believe whatever in ignorance.
Theory is not fact.

For every belief of an archaeologist, there is a counter belief from other archaeologists.

I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516434 Feb 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct we do take credit for the birth of Jesus it was Jesus that started our Church.
Jesus started the Catholic church???

Surely you jest.

Your church fathers taught that the Catholic saint John baptized Jesus. That means that (within Catholic theology) Jesus did not start the Catholic religion ... as it already existed.

Had Jesus lived he would have been a flighty, fickle-minded ex-Jew, who in turn betrayed his own Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.

Religion is bunk

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516435 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory is not fact.
For every belief of an archaeologist, there is a counter belief from other archaeologists.
I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously.
Uh huh. And the computer and phone and all other researched and advanced products because of it are just a wasted effort of beliefs in "theory" too aren't they. Or at least in your mental midget atmosphere anyway.
I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously. LOL!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516436 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory is not fact.
For every belief of an archaeologist, there is a counter belief from other archaeologists.
I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously.
Ya. I get it.
YOU are only a theory....you don't really exist.
I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously.
Aaaahahahahah!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516437 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus started the Catholic church???
Surely you jest.
Your church fathers taught that the Catholic saint John baptized Jesus. That means that (within Catholic theology) Jesus did not start the Catholic religion ... as it already existed.
Had Jesus lived he would have been a flighty, fickle-minded ex-Jew, who in turn betrayed his own Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.
Religion is bunk
I suggest you take your self's favorite beliefs too seriously.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516438 Feb 21, 2014
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516439 Feb 21, 2014
José Ramón Miguel Agustín Pro Juárez also known as Blessed Miguel Pro (born January 13, 1891 – executed November 23, 1927), was a Mexican Jesuit Catholic priest executed under the presidency of Plutarco Elías Calles on trumped up charges of bombing and attempted assassination of former Mexican President Álvaro Obregón.

Pro's arrest, lack of trial, and evidential support gained prominence during the Cristero War. Known for his religious piety and innocence, he was beatified by Pope John Paul II as a Catholic martyr in odium fidei, based on HATRED for the faith, on September 25, 1988.

http://svamonks.blogspot.com/2012/11/blessed-...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516440 Feb 21, 2014
Fr. Pro and his brothers were visited by Generals Roberto Cruz and Palomera Lopez around 11 p.m. on November 22, 1927. The next day, as Fr. Pro walked from his cell to the courtyard and the firing squad, he blessed the soldiers, knelt and briefly prayed quietly. Declining a blindfold, he faced his executioners with a crucifix in one hand and a rosary in the other and held his arms out in imitation of the crucified Christ and shouted out,

"May God have mercy on you! May God bless you! Lord, Thou knowest that I am innocent! With all my heart I forgive my enemies!"

[5] Before the firing squad were ordered to shoot, Pro raised his arms in imitation of Christ and shouted the defiant cry of the Cristeros, "Viva Cristo Rey!" -"Long live Christ the King!".[5] When the initial shots of the firing squad failed to kill him, a soldier shot him at point-blank range.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Pro

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516441 Feb 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one" in my family (parents,grandparents nor any past generations have "ever" been Catholic!!! Again---"paint brushing" in your anti-Catholic -anti-religious generalities is the only "trump card" that keeps you "precariously" hanging on by a thread" on this forum!!
Well, you aren't the first Protestant to turn Catholic.

Our very own Robert F also left Protestantism in the certainty that Catholicism suited his style to a T.

But I suggest that Catholicism and Protestantism are the evil twins. They can't get along with each other and one refuses to leave and allow the other one the Christian limelight.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#516442 Feb 21, 2014
I couldn't be bothered arguing over who the supposed ex-Jewish god Elohim loves and who he will reject, as from my perspective, such a pastime is very silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 267,336
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min AN NFL FAN 120,650
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Osmius 794,261
Who's your favorite NBA player of ALL-TIME??? 8 min Doctor REALITY 3
What's is a Cord blood Bank ? 17 min Doc 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min andet1987 5,314
Who's your favorite NFL quarteback of ALL-TIME??? 27 min Doctor REALITY 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 45 min HipGnosis 512
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,101
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web