Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688573 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516444 Feb 21, 2014
José Ramón Miguel Agustín Pro Juárez also known as Blessed Miguel Pro (born January 13, 1891 – executed November 23, 1927), was a Mexican Jesuit Catholic priest executed under the presidency of Plutarco Elías Calles on trumped up charges of bombing and attempted assassination of former Mexican President Álvaro Obregón.
Pro's arrest, lack of trial, and evidential support gained prominence during the Cristero War. Known for his religious piety and innocence, he was beatified by Pope John Paul II as a Catholic martyr in odium fidei, based on hatred for the faith, on September 25, 1988.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Pro
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516445 Feb 21, 2014
Fr. Pro and his brothers were visited by Generals Roberto Cruz and Palomera Lopez around 11 p.m. on November 22, 1927. The next day, as Fr. Pro walked from his cell to the courtyard and the firing squad, he blessed the soldiers, knelt and briefly prayed quietly. Declining a blindfold, he faced his executioners with a crucifix in one hand and a rosary in the other and held his arms out in imitation of the crucified Christ and shouted out,

"May God have mercy on you! May God bless you! Lord, Thou knowest that I am innocent! With all my heart I forgive my enemies!"

[5] Before the firing squad were ordered to shoot, Pro raised his arms in imitation of Christ and shouted the defiant cry of the Cristeros, "Viva Cristo Rey!" -"Long live Christ the King!".[5] When the initial shots of the firing squad failed to kill him, a soldier shot him at point-blank range.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Pro
Michael

Canada

#516446 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And you have nothing better to do also because everyday your also here spitting out the same ole broken record of lies yourself......you seem to think that everyone but you walk down a one way street...
.....what lies am I spitting out?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516447 Feb 21, 2014

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#516448 Feb 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, u r really a Catholic hater, guess it's the results
from ur Protestant days...,
You are correct we do take credit for the birth of Jesus it was Jesus that started our Church.
It was the Spanish Catholics that brought the Catholic faith to America. Amen and period !!
Live with it.
And it was your church that brought on the inquisition and the torture and murder of many. Live with that...And for your info, it was the Catholic's on this forum that turned me against your church. Not the protestants or my protestant days. Live with that also...
Michael

Canada

#516449 Feb 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one" in my family (parents,grandparents nor any past generations have "ever" been Catholic!!! Again---"paint brushing" in your anti-Catholic -anti-religious generalities is the only "trump card" that keeps you "precariously" hanging on by a thread" on this forum!!
....why haven't you indoctrinated them? What's the holdup? I would think by now they would be tired of your half truth half heresy 42,300 talk.
Michael

Canada

#516450 Feb 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will build my Church" [universal =Catholic]
-----Jesus the Christ
Ms know it all,
You are bunk and then some. lol
If there was a Jesus, he never built anything, and he never once stepped inside a catholic church.

Location hidden

#516451 Feb 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....what lies am I spitting out?
I wasn't talking about you Miguel..lol
Michael

Canada

#516452 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And it was your church that brought on the inquisition and the torture and murder of many. Live with that...And for your info, it was the Catholic's on this forum that turned me against your church. Not the protestants or my protestant days. Live with that also...
....the tension here is ratcheting up!! I am just waiting for Anthony or ReginaM to take it to the next level. I am sure they are lurking.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#516453 Feb 21, 2014
In response,to the,phrase,BORN AGAIN WHACKOS..the responsibility..???

Jesus,Christ who said,we,must be BORN AGAIN...

Not Catholics...Jesus..if that m les,US,whacked..so be,it .

Chutzpah ??
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516454 Feb 21, 2014
If you do away with the yoke,
the clenched fist, the wicked word,
if you give your bread to the hungry,
and relief to the oppressed,
your light will rise in the darkness,
and your shadows become like noon.(Isaiah 58)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#516455 Feb 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will build my Church" [universal =Catholic]
-----Jesus the Christ
The Catholic church fathers wrote all that nonsense.

They even plagiarized the word Catholic to mean a universal religion, when the word originally had nothing in common "with" religion. It simply meant universal ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#516456 Feb 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Jesus,Christ who said,we,must be BORN AGAIN...
Catholic theologians who wrote those words in the new testament (on behalf of the mythical Jesus) did not want you to be born-again as a Protestant.

Are you KIDDING???

I suggest they meant be born-again in the spirit of Catholicism ONLY.

It wasn't nice of King James I to steal the Catholic bible and mess with the words.

He should have created his own god ... as should the Catholics who in turn stole the god of the Jews and plunked his image into the new testament.

Naughty plagiarizers ... one and all.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#516457 Feb 21, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
and your shadows become like noon.(Isaiah 58)
Did you forget about all the innocent people killed by the Catholics as heretics???

Or did you just ignore it by replacing your thoughts with nonsensical gibberish.

Those Catholics were not nice to others and neither are you. You simply use your buy-bull to serve your self a helping of supposed salvation by your own will, and in turn foist the supposed evil off on others.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#516458 Feb 21, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And it was your church that brought on the inquisition and the torture and murder of many. Live with that...And for your info, it was the Catholic's on this forum that turned me against your church..
i

You need not blame ANYONE ELSE except "yourself" for turning against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. You obviously didn't need ANY HELP in making up your own mind"to reject over 2000 years of the TRUTH of True Church History. The "blame game" (against the Catholic Church) is a "cop-out" which began with bible only Protestantism, atheism and agnosticism now into the Orthodox Church as well.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516459 Feb 21, 2014
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516460 Feb 21, 2014
Isaiah 58

and your shadows become like noon.

Location hidden

#516461 Feb 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>i
You need not blame ANYONE ELSE except "yourself" for turning against Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. You obviously didn't need ANY HELP in making up your own mind"to reject over 2000 years of the TRUTH of True Church History. The "blame game" (against the Catholic Church) is a "cop-out" which began with bible only Protestantism, atheism and agnosticism now into the Orthodox Church as well.
Oh I guess if you say so then it must be fact. How the heck do you know whats inside myself and the reasons why I turned against your church. I blame You catholics on this forum for your arrogance and ignorance and your bullying behavior for my dislike of your church on this forum. Your 2000 years spiel washes with you but not with anyone else including orthodoxy's. Your church is not the church that Christ founded so live with that....
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#516462 Feb 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....the tension here is ratcheting up!! I am just waiting for Anthony or ReginaM to take it to the next level. I am sure they are lurking.
That seems to be the main reason that you are on this forum! Spreading your anti-catholic exaggerated liberalism---all to your own " demise and destruction !!!!!
Yes ----Michael------something seems to be "terribly wrong"!!!!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#516463 Feb 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget about all the innocent people killed by the Catholics as heretics???
Or did you just ignore it by replacing your thoughts with nonsensical gibberish.
Those Catholics were not nice to others and neither are you. You simply use your buy-bull to serve your self a helping of supposed salvation by your own will, and in turn foist the supposed evil off on others.
"Yes mam,but you were still doing 55 in a 15 mph zone.I'll still need to see your licence and registration."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min NutSoDivineMsM 36,496
Black "bi-racial" college girls and white gray-... 36 min Doctor REALITY 13
Naturist 3 hr tom 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr bongodolt 988,429
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Paul McCartney is... 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 6 hr Boinkface 16
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 8 hr Johnny 23
More from around the web