Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515822 Feb 18, 2014
It is difficult enough for humans to accept differences in others, without religion sticking its horns into others with artificial claims that gods will punish if humans don't obey the gods.

I believe that the best I can do with what's left of my life is to try in spite of my selfish nature to be kind to my neighbors and keep right-fighting religious debris out of my pathway.

If I can't be relatively kind without religion ... there is something very wrong with me.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#515823 Feb 18, 2014

Most SHOCKING End Time Message ----

http://youtu.be/T6aJi4UPsYU

LTM

Oshawa, Canada

#515824 Feb 18, 2014
.Parker needs your prayers!
ATTENTION PRAYER WARRIORS!!!
This is Parker. He is 3 years old and fighting for his life. His parents took him sledding yesterday and... as he was getting off his sled a teenager came from behind and they collided. Parker has a brain bleed, and many other serious life threatening issues. In the height of yesterday's storm they put him in a state of unconsciousness in order to transport him to a bigger hospital (he couldn't be air lifted bc of the snow.) He is moaning in pain and in very critical condition. This is all I know for now. PLEASE PLEASE pray for Parker and his family. Prayers work!!!! and the family is requesting as many as possible.....
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515825 Feb 18, 2014
Telev-angel-ists (note the word ANGEL in that word) need the word SIN in their vocabularies in order to keep the money coming in to their bank accounts.

Without that word sin that they throw at others, they would have nothing of "importance" whatsoever to say.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515826 Feb 18, 2014
YTube wrote:
Most SHOCKING End Time Message ----
http://youtu.be/T6aJi4UPsYU
Have you ever wondered why, if a god exists and believes that you are special ... why the god doesn't call you home and be done with you???

Maybe he's sitting up in the sky laughing at your antics.

:)
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515827 Feb 18, 2014
LTM wrote:
.ATTENTION PRAYER WARRIORS!!!
This is Parker. He is 3 years old and fighting for his life. His parents took him sledding yesterday and... as he was getting off his sled a teenager came from behind and they collided. Parker has a brain bleed, and many other serious life threatening issues. In the height of yesterday's storm they put him in a state of unconsciousness in order to transport him to a bigger hospital (he couldn't be air lifted bc of the snow.) He is moaning in pain and in very critical condition. This is all I know for now. PLEASE PLEASE pray for Parker and his family. Prayers work!!!! and the family is requesting as many as possible.....
Why would you pray to keep a child on earth, if you believe that the child's Catholic "soul" is saved, and that "heaven" is the perfect domain???

WHY???

Do you have something against the divine plan???

Religion is silly.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515828 Feb 18, 2014
The story goes that God created human spirits in his own image, and then chose to place those spirits into material bodies on earth to in turn be sinners, so that they could fall short of God's mark and then God would have the right to punish them FOR falling short OF his divine plan.

If you think that humans can't BE that insane, you are wrong.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515829 Feb 18, 2014
To pray for a god to follow your will of keeping a child alive on earth might be an unforgivabe sin, as there should be no doubt whatsoever that you could be interfering with the god's will.

Naughty naughty prayer-warriors.

tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515830 Feb 18, 2014
Television Judges, such as Judge Mathis and Judge Judy enjoy the power they exert over others.

They are both religious.

Judge Judy doesn't like the jury-system. GEE ... that's a surprise ... sarcasm intended.

And as for Judge Mathis ... well ... study the following and you will see that when the shoe was on the other foot ... the Judge called Wendy Williams (the one interviewing him) the F-word and stormed off the stage.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

http://prince.org/msg/8/35896...
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515831 Feb 18, 2014
I watch Judge Judy's program "faithfully." I study her de-meaner because I want to see what makes her program the most popular judge-show on television.

From my perspective she's brilliant in how to use her craft. And it seems plain to me that her fame and her power over others has gone to her head.

Any judge that states that he/she doesn't like the jury system, ought to be suspected of wanting to rule as a supreme judge from on high.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#515832 Feb 18, 2014
How to convence someone of a lie:

1) Tell the lie's story and hope there is no effort to challenge the facts.
2) Try to create a feeling of fear, guilt and inadequacy on anyone who is reluctant to believe the lie
3) Tell people the just need faith.

Sound familiar Roman Catholic Church???
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515833 Feb 18, 2014
All of the judge-shows on television that I've watched, had judges that would often mention the word God as part of their format as having faith in the existence of a god.

That indicates that those who hired them expect religious termiology to be part of the programs ... or the religious terminology would not exist.

Reporters do not include their personalized religious tastes when they are reporting the news, as they know full well their positions would not allow them to preach at others.

I find it strange and unsettling that Judges on these television shows have sponsors that allow personalized religious statements to flood the programs.

June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515834 Feb 18, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
How to convence someone of a lie:
1) Tell the lie's story and hope there is no effort to challenge the facts.
2) Try to create a feeling of fear, guilt and inadequacy on anyone who is reluctant to believe the lie
3) Tell people the just need faith.
Sound familiar Roman Catholic Church???
How about including ALL religions???
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515835 Feb 18, 2014
Judge Mathis has so much biblcal terminology on his televsion show that I suggest he would have been successful as a theologian.

He does however give off an attitude of humility, as he claims he goes to church because he needs church.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515836 Feb 18, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A very harsh assessment of others, based on your personal beliefs.
The Primacy Effect is almost certainly in play here.
The choice of words suggest a troubled poster. Seriously dude, you would never want to see yourself as others do. A pessimistic Narcissist wandering aimlessly through life must be truly problematic for you.
Ramen
But mine is the only true church, right? The one God likes most, right?

And if my God tells me how to be saved and others don't do the same, are not those people damned anyhow?

I am spiritually superior, right? I know more about what God wants than they do.

Wink, wink, sound familiar?:o)

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515837 Feb 18, 2014
If people need church to continually be assured of their own salvation, I suggest that they really need to substitute that needy habit for a positive habit.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515838 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have a different opinion on the poster "truth" than do you, but I will keep it to myself.
And as for love ... I don't believe that humans are capable of comprehending that word other than through tunnel vision, which in turn is based on nothing other than self-centered perceptions.
I suggest that we would be more in tune with our own feelings if we didn't pretend to love our neighbors as our selves ... as that is totally silly.
Self is concerned with survival, and I recognize that it is the nature of all animals ... of which I am one.
If you come to harm my family or me ... be prepared to die. That is my nature.
LOVE

LOVE

LOVE
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515839 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the prunes that I eat daily that "move" me.
Pasta constipates me.
:)
I am persecuted for my faith.

Unlike the people of the angry, violent and immoral gods, I will react as my one true God teaches:

LOVE

WINE

LOVE

WINE

Only then will the pasta agree with you.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515840 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If people need church to continually be assured of their own salvation, I suggest that they really need to substitute that needy habit for a positive habit.
The delusion requires reinforcement, because it cannot be truly validated in the real world.

Validation. That's why they are here.

They need to believe that it is more than just the Primacy Effect -- that their so-called "choice" happened not because it was drilled into them as children -- but because they studied and learned for themselves.

No amount of reality will sway them from seeing themselves as immune from the Primacy Effect.

You seem angry because you were controlled by that effect for so long. No worries, my God is the only real God and he loves wine and women.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515841 Feb 18, 2014
The first Supreme Court Judges were all white-male Protestants.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

6 Catholics, 3 Jews

Does it matter that there might soon be no Protestants on the Supreme Court?

Elesha Coffman/ May 11, 2010

If Elena Kagan, President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court, is confirmed, the nation's high court will be, for the first time in its history, devoid of Protestants. Kagan is Jewish, as are Justices Stephen Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. All of the other justices—Chief Justice John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, and Sonia Sotomayor—are Catholic. How did this situation come about in a historically Protestant-dominated country? And should evangelicals be concerned?

It's important to note that the composition of the Supreme Court has never reflected the composition of the country. All justices were white until the appointment of Thurgood Marshall in 1967, and all justices were male until the appointment of Sandra Day O'Connor in 1981. When President Andrew Jackson appointed the court's first Catholic member, Roger Taney, in 1836, the Roman Catholic Church was already well on its way to becoming the country's largest single Christian body. Most justices have also shared connections to a small group of elite schools. Harvard Law School trained the highest number, 14 justices, including five members of the current court.(Justice Ginsburg attended HLS but graduated from Columbia.) Kagan, a graduate and former dean of HLS, would make a sixth.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/mayw...

Throughout the court's history, some groups—notably Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Unitarians, and Jews—have been significantly overrepresented in comparison to their prevalence in the American population, while other groups have been significantly underrepresented. Though Baptists constitute the country's largest Protestant group, there have been just three Baptist justices. The second-largest Protestant group, Methodists, have supplied only five. There has never been a Pentecostal justice, despite that movement's explosive growth since the Azusa Street Revival of 1906.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/mayw...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Aura Mytha 26,504
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Jake999 619,750
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 40
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr arrr 985,713
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 7 hr Ricky F 1,834
More from around the web