Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,854)

Showing posts 497,061 - 497,080 of529,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Love, love, love.

"Pope will arrive in St Peter's Square for a meeting with over 20,000 engaged couples to mark Valentine's Day."

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2014/...
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The early heresies combated were adulterations of the Christian faith they initially received courtesy of the Catholic Church. Had they left Christianity altogether and went back to their Jewish or pagan origins, it would not have technically been considered heresy.
In Capitalism war will never cease.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture yourself in Iran or Afghanistan today or even North Korea. You can thank the Holy Roman Empire for your rather free and easy life today....
I never knew that.

Is that what they teach in catholic schools? If so, it must be true.

Please tell us where we can find an example of democracy and constitutional rights in the Holy Roman Empire. All my silly history books mention are about the kings and royalty that the CC gave its blessings to, as in the 'divine right of kings." Maybe those books should be burned too!

Now we discover that the renewal of democracy was because of the Holy Roman Empire and the CC.

And at least one catholic is as goofy as his born-again cousins.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Point, game, match. Thanks for playing.
Sokay....do you know what this means? P-K4
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Verbal persecution!!!!---A "more than accurate description"!!!!
Verbal persecution?

The largest, richest, most powerful church in the world. Plus, you are here voluntarily too!

You poor thing - voluntarily being verbally persecuted, all because others don't agree that they are spiritually second-class humans. Silly them.(sigh)

OK, keep the lace panties on. They fit you well.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sokay....do you know what this means? P-K4
Ahh, I think he ate your lunch. Get over it.

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is me....And I always thought it was religious freedom which kept the government from total exploitation of the masses, since government has no conscience.
The government is made of people (for the most part) who try to accomplish pleasing idiots such as you, while you are busy critisizing them and not doing anything your self but complain, and using the resources that are available to you.

Do you think with your self-serving attitude of salvation for Catholics but not for Protestants, that you would make a caring politician???

From my perspective, you are a scary person with your pompous attitude of "I'm such a polite and fun-loving guy."

And you can keep your phoney your smile-symbol to your self, along with your "peace" symbol that belongs in the garbage dump of all other Catholic nonsense.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Valentines day to you to, Seraphima! Glad to see that I have been (possibly) afforded the opportunity to be one of the few that you gave this wish from your heart"?? Thanks !!!!
reread that post..lol

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that he is praying for your misguided, and mis-directed heart, mind, and soul---as we as Catholics "all" are!!!!
If Elohim exists, he will fix you in the end for pretending that he loves only Catholics.

You can preach at me ... but preaching at the the only Abrahamic god might have repercussions in the hereafter for you, and not pleasant ones at all. You have been warned many times that god-thievery is against all the laws of the sky, as each group was supposed to create their own gods and leave the other men's gods alone.

Tongue in cheek
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knew that.
Is that what they teach in catholic schools? If so, it must be true.
Please tell us where we can find an example of democracy and constitutional rights in the Holy Roman Empire. All my silly history books mention are about the kings and royalty that the CC gave its blessings to, as in the 'divine right of kings." Maybe those books should be burned too!
Now we discover that the renewal of democracy was because of the Holy Roman Empire and the CC.
And at least one catholic is as goofy as his born-again cousins.
Ramen
Well....you do need to go back a bit further in history than that....start with Charles Martel.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank God He gave us His Son Who gave us His Church through which we may be saved.
Catholics were and are god-thieves.

And Muslims and Protestants just thought they could climb on the same band-wagon for the same type of free ride.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to a public school no wonder.
OHHHH Are you saying that the Catholic Church gave us America??? Question....I guess it would much easier to understand your church if you just told us what the catholic church didn't give us...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics were and are god-thieves.
And Muslims and Protestants just thought they could climb on the same band-wagon for the same type of free ride.
Happy V.Day June.
Candy is sweet,but not as sweet as you are.#BLUSH#

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In Capitalism war will never cease.
I suggest that wars existed among humans from when humans still lived in caves. And with or without religion, I suggest that wars will never cease.

We all suffer from tunnel vision and as is proof positive on this forum ... each person wants others to see it as the self sees it.

That selfishness is innate in human nature, and there is no cure for what is innate.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Proof God favors Protestants (dang it).

TIM TEBOW is cut loose by the Denver Broncos. As punishment, Denver is slaughtered in an unprecedented manner in the Super Bowl.

God's Will?

Last year, the born-again state school of Alabama humiliates Notre Dame in a like manner.

Protestants 2, Catholics 0. This is embarrassing.

How much humiliation will wimpy Catholics take before they man-up?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> OHHHH Are you saying that the Catholic Church gave us America??? Question....I guess it would much easier to understand your church if you just told us what the catholic church didn't give us...
And kissses to you too!
#RED FACED#

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....you do need to go back a bit further in history than that....start with Charles Martel.
Anthony...I just packed my lunch and I got pen and paper ready and I am sitting at my desk. Now school me the catholic church views on history of America.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

"PEACE be unto you" ... said the Catholic to another Catholic ... just before he said ... "Now ... let's go kill some Protestant heretics."

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Proof God favors Protestants (dang it).
TIM TEBOW is cut loose by the Denver Broncos. As punishment, Denver is slaughtered in an unprecedented manner in the Super Bowl.
God's Will?
Last year, the born-again state school of Alabama humiliates Notre Dame in a like manner.
Protestants 2, Catholics 0. This is embarrassing.
How much humiliation will wimpy Catholics take before they man-up?
Pope Leo X (in spirit) is not amused. He also was not amused with Martin Luther back when they were both busy polluting the earth with their lies.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Anthony...I just packed my lunch and I got pen and paper ready and I am sitting at my desk. Now school me the catholic church views on history of America.
Would that be Native Indian history before the Catholics and Protestants stole their lands in the name of the one god over which Catholics and Protestants fight to this day???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 497,061 - 497,080 of529,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

487 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 3 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 598,737
UNBELIEVRS: The hypocrites won't be there....wh... 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 716,374
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 255,676
There is no way into HEAVEN....except through J... 34 min Doctor REALITY 3
Are you putting off the Lord Jesus Christ?? 39 min Doctor REALITY 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Lab28 223,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Strength and Honor 171,441