Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,043
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

United States

#514796 Feb 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
I agree wholeheartedly.
Whenever benefactors and their religious leaders get together, it seems to always end in corruption.
Robert, are you aware of any diocese that makes a profit on the annulment fees?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#514797 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to you, because he was not Catholic, his mindset was not that of a Catholic ... right???
Yet according to your Catholic church theologians, John baptized Jesus in the river Jordan.
What religion do you believe he was baptised into by the Catholic saint John the baptist???
The problem with lying, is that the liars get caught up in the lies.
Reading for comprehension is not your forte.

Jesus could not be baptized Catholic because he had not founded the Catholic Church yet.

Jesus was not baptized into any religion, his baptism was part of his anointing as Messiah.

The baptism of Jesus is on his part the acceptance and inauguration of his mission as God's suffering Servant. He allows himself to be numbered among sinners; he is already "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" The Father's voice responds to the Son's acceptance, proclaiming his entire delight in his Son.
The Spirit whom Jesus possessed in fullness from his conception comes to "rest on him." Jesus will be the source of the Spirit for all mankind. At his baptism "the heavens were opened"—the heavens that Adam's sin had closed—and the waters were sanctified by the descent of Jesus and the Spirit, a prelude to the new creation. Jn 1:29; Isa 53:12 Lk 3:22; Isa 42:1 Jn 1:32-33; Isa 11:2 Mt 3:16

Jesus' messianic consecration reveals his divine mission, "for the name ‘Christ' implies ‘he who anointed,'‘he who was anointed' and ‘the very anointing with which he was anointed.'

The one who anointed is the Father, the one who was anointed is the Son, and he was anointed with the Spirit who is the anointing."
His eternal messianic consecration was revealed during the time of his earthly life at the moment of his baptism by John, when "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power," "that he might be revealed to Israel" as its Messiah.
St. Irenaeus, Adv. haeres., Acts 10:38; Jn 1:31

Our Lord voluntarily submitted himself to the baptism of St. John, intended for sinners, in order to "fulfill all righteousness."
Jesus' gesture is a manifestation of his self-emptying. The Spirit who had hovered over the waters of the first creation descended then on the Christ as a prelude of the new creation, and the Father revealed Jesus as his "beloved Son." Mt 3:15 Phil 2:7 Mt 3:16-17

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#514798 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who calls it a denomination?
There are several websites listing the Catholics the largest denomination in the US..

The English dictionary defines denomination as: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
Anthony MN

United States

#514799 Feb 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several websites listing the Catholics the largest denomination in the US..
The English dictionary defines denomination as: A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.
Where did the term come from?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514800 Feb 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church is a denomination....the largest in the USA...Christ never built any denomination/s...
Your "man-made" Protestant "bible only Churches" are the denominations $that Luther started more than 450 years ago at the Reformation........and today there are over 42, 000 contradicting and inconsistent-------MAN-MADE (self opinionated) denominations .......Jesus built and initiated ONE and only ONE True Universal Church and it was Catholic ( proven over and over and over again for over 2000 years) in True Sacred Church History.
Jesus built ONE TRUE Church!!!!!-----Man built denominations and you Ox are a part of that confusion, chaos and inconsistent "hodge podge" of man-made inconsistency!!!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#514801 Feb 13, 2014
INRI
mnogo tlacitelja mojih
mnogo je onih koji osmijeh imaju na usnama
a prebiru zlo u svojim mislima
truth

Perth, Australia

#514802 Feb 13, 2014
What a about project

demonic paranoid project

yeeeeeeeeeeee

very sad

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#514803 Feb 13, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Is an Indian who's never heard the Gospel going to hell Kay?

----------
God is not willing that ANY should perish. Remember that verse?'All souls are mine', He declares. I know many occasions of God reaching out in dreams and visions to those who have never heard the gospel...and saving them. He paid a great price to provide for our salvation, and HE is the One Who knows the hearts of all men...and His mercies are past finding out.
Peter said that Jesus went into hell and preached the gospel to those in Noah's day who did not know the gospel. I'm sure that that is not the only special arrangement He has made to reach His people.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him SHOULD NOT PERISH but have ever lasting life. He will be fair to the Indian or any other person who never heard the gospel.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#514804 Feb 13, 2014
every spirit is not holy as never be holy
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
many many many are demonic

what they say
o Lord have Mercy on us.

Why they say that if according you they are holy..

They will come in my name..no no its not me.

no

accusers is always accusers
Anthony MN

United States

#514805 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
God is not willing that ANY should perish. Remember that verse?'All souls are mine', He declares. I know many occasions of God reaching out in dreams and visions to those who have never heard the gospel...and saving them. He paid a great price to provide for our salvation, and HE is the One Who knows the hearts of all men...and His mercies are past finding out.
Peter said that Jesus went into hell and preached the gospel to those in Noah's day who did not know the gospel. I'm sure that that is not the only special arrangement He has made to reach His people.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him SHOULD NOT PERISH but have ever lasting life. He will be fair to the Indian or any other person who never heard the gospel.
KayMarie
You sound Catholic. You don't sound like you agree with the doctrine of your fellow evangelicals.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514806 Feb 13, 2014
dakle dobili ste baru=pond zabe krekushe pokojnega Marka

Who put Jesus on cross

leaders rulers church politicians judges and so on

poor themmmmmmmmmmmm
they think they are good
nooooooooo

except one
truth

Perth, Australia

#514807 Feb 13, 2014
no i am not that person as you think
others try posses name and everything put others in trouble

it is written
rev 16

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#514808 Feb 13, 2014
----------
KayMarie
When you say 'HELL",what do you mean when you say "hell"?

And actually Christ went to more than just those in Noah's day and preached to them. He went to all those that had lived in the flesh and had died all the way back to the beginning. Do you comprehend why? You portray yourself as something of a Bible scholar but trying you by the word of God will show the forum that you're anything but a Bible scholar. Now why did Christ have to go all the way back and preach to the dead that had lived since creation and preach to those souls that had died?

An honest to God Spirit led Bible student will know the answer to this and the answer is written in the word of God?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#514809 Feb 13, 2014
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh mine help. My help cometh from the Lord......

Don't know why but this verse has been on my mind all day.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514810 Feb 13, 2014
Trough mind of people can past many things!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514811 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, are you aware of any diocese that makes a profit on the annulment fees?
Anthony

Peace

I think you may have a different idea by the word "benefactors", when I used it.

The way I used it was the "chummy" aspect of politicians and those in power, with the religious realms....

Although I am not privy to the information in this case of the Kennedy divorce, it does seem to me by outward appearances to be one of a "chummy" situation.

I am personally disappointed in the shift in this aspect of the RCC here in the U.S. It appears more for societal concerns, than what is correct.

Although I am fairly open about my religious toleration, it would seem to me that one must progress, there must be some starting point. But shifts of this magnitude, and influenced by powers can have nothing but negative effects on the RCC.

But specifically, I am not aware of a divorce for profit motive is in effect either covertly or overtly in any diocese. This brings up the question, why would the RCC accept marriages, which it sanctified, be willing to "unsanctify" them? Isn't that a sort of double standard, or collusion?

It is not something I have thought deeply about, but perhaps worth investigating...?

Peace

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514812 Feb 13, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh mine help. My help cometh from the Lord......
Don't know why but this verse has been on my mind all day.
Tony17

Peace

It is a great verse....It foretells of Jesus going to the hills and giving his great teachings, and feeding the thousands....Investigate and see how many times Jesus would go to the hills and teach.... It is a great place to be with him....

Peace

Location hidden

#514814 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the term come from?
from Latin d&#275;n&#333;min& #257;ti&#333; a calling by name; see denominate

Location hidden

#514815 Feb 13, 2014
----------
KayMarie
If a person commits acts of sins, and knows not that he sins, it isn't counted against he/her...
truth

Perth, Australia

#514816 Feb 13, 2014
Find great result there!

Mum ball as light.

See
What deference between lags or hands?

In this city we don't have good handballs players.
Not even any clubs or any organization.

Is that wrong mum?

Yes!!!
Mum whats that mean upward?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 32 min i know 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min curiouslu 740,070
Iranian teens convicted for making "happy video" 1 hr maid angela 2
virgin taker (Apr '13) 1 hr bouks 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 259,654
shytown 2 hr Baytown 1
does parents like having sex infront of their k... (May '13) 2 hr G4ORCE 95
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr HipGnosis 173,812
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,740