Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#514667 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church..
Catholic theologians founded the mythical Jesus AND the devil.

Terrace, Canada

#514668 Feb 13, 2014
The Catholic theologians founded Jesus in a garbage dump. They should have left his image alone and not pretended that he wanted the Jews slayed because the Jews wouldn't become Catholics.

Horrible!

That teaching lead to centuries of slaughter of innocent Jews, whose only wish was to stay faithful to Judaism.

How these Catholics can stay in such a religion bespeaks of the fact that they are not in touch at all with their consciences, and futhermore have no intention of getting in contact with their consciences.

That is cult-behavior ... no question about it.
marge

Ames, IA

#514669 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church. St. Paul said the Church is the pillar and ground of the Truth. The question is why all protestant denominations who disagree with each other say that the bible is the ground and pillar of Truth and come to different conclusions about what that is.
The bible came from the Church, it's the bible AND the Church, Scripture AND Tradition. There can be no other way.
No Kay Marie is right;
Jude 1:19
These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them.

Terrace, Canada

#514670 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, something is terribly wrong. Secularism is overwhelming this once proud Christian nation.
So now you pretend to CARE about the Protestants???

Hypocrite.

You don't appreciate secularism???

That means you want all things run YOUR way.

I don't agree with any religion, but I would never want to force others to follow my will.

I would encourage them to think out of the boxes in which religion put them ... but I appreciate that they have the right to choose their way ... not mine.

You would have made a very good pope. If others didn't agree with you, you would burn them at the stake as heretics.

No seculiarism for YOU ... who serves god to the letter of "his" law.

If you had any power to control others, you would be a horror to behold.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#514671 Feb 13, 2014
Robert Kennedy Jr's ex-wife was 'terrified' he would take children from her before she hanged herself in tragic suicide

As news of her death spread, close friends spoke of her inner torment following her very public divorce from her husband.

Robert Kennedy Jr is currently dating actress Cheryl Hines, best known for her role as Larry David's wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Mary Kennedy, ne Richardson, was Robert's second wife and the couple married in April 1994.

Moving on: Robert Kennedy Jr. is dating actress Cheryl Hines and has been spending more time in Los Angeles since filing for divorce from Mary

Mr Kennedy divorced his first wife in the Dominican Republic a month before his second marriage. Mary gave birth to their first child three months later.

In addition to his four children with Mary, he has two older children from his first marriage.

----------
Very busy man; previous marriage ended in divorce...then married Mary, and was living in L.A. with a movie star when Mary was hanged.

Still a good Catholic? Catholic burial?

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#514672 Feb 13, 2014
The Christians have slick answers in how to be saved. Belief that Jesus exists and died for sin.

I suggest that had Jesus lived, he would have needed his own confessor ... BIG TIME!

While Jesus was "working" his magic in the Catholic confessionals, the Catholics were busy killing the Jews ... quite obviously with Jesus' "approval."

If that were not so (the nutty Catholic theologians) would have told a different story.

Wake up out of your hypnotic trances ... or not. It's your choice.

Terrace, Canada

#514673 Feb 13, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you.
By falling for the lines that you have been fed god-given truth, you are creating the divisions among your selves.

I suggest that there was nothing Pope Leo 10th and Martin Luther liked better than to call each other names, while they used the same bible to preach at the followers how to love each other.

Lunatics!

Terrace, Canada

#514674 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Are you still working on convincing Jesus that he must be a Protestant in order for you to save him???

:)

Terrace, Canada

#514675 Feb 13, 2014
The Catholics were the first Christians which was nothing of which to be proud. But at least they could truthfully wear the title of Christian.

The Protestants had and have absolutely no right to that title at all. They changed the story to suit their own ways of believing and they used a Catholic bible to in turn rub more salt in Catholic wounds

Protestants didn't exist until the 1600s and you can see by what they post on the forum, that they believe THEY are the REAL Christians.

Jokesters.

Terrace, Canada

#514676 Feb 13, 2014
Martin Luther had no bible other than a Catholic bible.

King James 1st allowed interpreters to use the Bishop's bible (of all things) and change the words that they found necessary to change at will in order to create the Protestant KJV bible.

That is how the Protestant bibles came about ... through forgery.

And now, as you can see, when they re-post those forged scriptures, these Protesants claim to own truth straight from the sky.

Crooks ... one and all!!!

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

#514677 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Married 31 years last month to a beautiful woman who I don't deserve, but God graced me with her anyway.
Jesus said if a man divorces his wife and marries another he commits adultery.
Be careful casting that stone. Does the christian bible not also say that desire whether outwardly acted upon or not is one of the deadly sins too? I fret not that unclean thoughts come through every human being's head.......
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514678 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Robert Kennedy Jr's ex-wife was 'terrified' he would take children from her before she hanged herself in tragic suicide
As news of her death spread, close friends spoke of her inner torment following her very public divorce from her husband.
Robert Kennedy Jr is currently dating actress Cheryl Hines, best known for her role as Larry David's wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Mary Kennedy, ne Richardson, was Robert's second wife and the couple married in April 1994.
Moving on: Robert Kennedy Jr. is dating actress Cheryl Hines and has been spending more time in Los Angeles since filing for divorce from Mary
Mr Kennedy divorced his first wife in the Dominican Republic a month before his second marriage. Mary gave birth to their first child three months later.
In addition to his four children with Mary, he has two older children from his first marriage.
----------
Very busy man; previous marriage ended in divorce...then married Mary, and was living in L.A. with a movie star when Mary was hanged.
Still a good Catholic? Catholic burial?
KayMarie
Bad Catholic. Questionable decision by the bishop that brings scandal to the Church.

UNLESS he had a death-bed conversion of heart and repented of his sins.

Neither you or I will ever know. But the Church still teaches what she teaches regardless of whether so-called Catholics abide by them.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514679 Feb 13, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No Kay Marie is right;
Jude 1:19
These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them.
They're creating divisions among EVANGELICALS who all claim that same spirit that you claim.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514680 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
History is written by anyone who wants to write it.
Your Catholic church fathers were master manipulators with words they stole from the Jews, and twisted the words to their own greed-infested desires ... adding a fake savior and devil to the literature to boot.
You can project away from that history all you like "died in the wool" Catholic ... but others who want to see the lies ... WILL see.
June

Sorry June..., the Old Testament Prophets, esp. Isaiah, told of a coming Messiah that would be for the Jews, and be rejected by the Jews, and accepted by the Gentiles....That prophecy came true about 500-600 years after it was made....His name was and is Jesus.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514681 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add you your tail that I dis ALL religions ... while you dis all other religions but Catholicism.
In that context, you are lopped-sided, and I am fair.
Distorting, twisting and manipulating the Truth is "another one of your anti-catholic bashing traits. NOWHERE have I ever said that I (dis)--or whatever else you are (concocting) here---against all other religions ,........God judges everyone and their religious beliefs on the basis of their "awareness"in regards to their faith and religious beliefs! People like you June, are so (vindictively hateful) toward ANYONE with ANY faith that you will say or do anything in an attempt to "undermine and criticize" their personal commitment to God, Jesus Christ and the Churches they worship in!.........You are fair alright!.......Fairly disoriented!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514682 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no question that you are a willful idiot. Your own religion teaches that those in all other religions will spend eternity in hell ... yet you stay and lap up what they teach as being based on solid and eternal truth.
You are a double and triple-talker. No question about that issue.
June

You are wrong again....Christianity submits to letting God be the Final Judge. Some writers try to understand and write down what they think. This does usurp God being Judge.(Expect perhaps in your mind....) Does that make you a person that is reactive, but thoughtless?

Terrace, Canada

#514683 Feb 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
the Old Testament Prophets, esp. Isaiah, told of a coming Messiah that would be for the Jews, and be rejected by the Jews, and accepted by the Gentiles....That prophecy came true about 500-600 years after it was made....His name was and is Jesus.
The fact that you believe your preferential theology is based on truth and the theology in other religions is based on lies ... ought to wake you out of your slumber. but your will to believe that you as a Catholic are special keeps you dumbed right on down.

Terrace, Canada

#514684 Feb 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distorting, twisting and manipulating the Truth is
As do all humans ... you have a concept of truth. And concepts are abstract.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514685 Feb 13, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful casting that stone. Does the christian bible not also say that desire whether outwardly acted upon or not is one of the deadly sins too? I fret not that unclean thoughts come through every human being's head.......
So true. We are to resolve daily to avoid the nearer occasions of sin in thought, word and deed.

And it's also our Christian duty to, with charity, counsel those who resist God's grace and persevere in grave sin.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514686 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther had no bible other than a Catholic bible.
King James 1st allowed interpreters to use the Bishop's bible (of all things) and change the words that they found necessary to change at will in order to create the Protestant KJV bible.
That is how the Protestant bibles came about ... through forgery.
And now, as you can see, when they re-post those forged scriptures, these Protesants claim to own truth straight from the sky.
ll!!!
Agree!!!--- Confirmed over and over and over again "historically" for over 450 years, since the Reformation!!-----You are "on the right track" June!!!-----Good post!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 740,723
Men and commitment 16 min Delilahblue 3
disturbing the priest 19 min pusherman_ 1
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 26 min dirty white boy- 33,054
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min Rosa_Winkel 441,344
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 95,562
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr HipGnosis 173,909
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 227,992
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,771
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Joana 158

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••