Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699449 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#514992 Feb 14, 2014
Boy oh boy ... don't ya wish you had all the money of those television evangelists???

I could probably feed two or three children, after I got done spending all the rest of the money on me. First things first.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514993 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You do have a good sense of humor. We did spawn them and so we don't feel they're REALLY devils...
Yeah ... I remember when the pope kissed the Qur'an, at the same time he kept sending Catholic missionaries into Muslim countries to teach the Muslims that their religion was evil.

That was quite a performance.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#514994 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you, June are an " isolated island unto yourself" your personal opinions against the Catholic Church have little or no significance to ANY of us Catholics on this forum-nor do they have any validity when it comes to the other 1.2 billion Catholics around the world!
if they have "little or no significance to ANY of us Catholic's on this forum" then why is the world do you waste your time replying to her...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#514995 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to believe that YOU are Jesus (the master of purification) in the flesh.
To be honest, if I take my hair out of the poneytail it is in, I do resemble the common pictorial of Jesus.

Hmmmm...maybe I am him reincarnated!!

Wouldn't that be a trip!!

But then again, you'd be jealous of me and all the other traits you exhibit.

Looks like I would have to save you too....

:o)

Location hidden

#514996 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a good history book. The dots aren't that hard to connect.
would that have to be a catholic history book?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514997 Feb 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are compelled to answer, so her opinion must have some significance TO YOU.
Otherwise, why bother? DUH!!!
Why do you keep shooting yourself in the foot?
I answer her to let her know that her anti-catholic opinions will always remain "hers--and hers alone" and that she is wasting her time trying to convince ANYONE as she travels from one forum to another in search of someone (anyone) to support her anti-God,anti-Church, anti-Jesus Christ atheistic or agnostic views (or whatever she calls herself)!!!!! June is a personal individual "who means well" but is vindictively mis-guided and mis-directed--- going around and around in circle---nowhere--fast!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514998 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Before the Catholics and their Crusades mess, there was no strength or unity in Islam. Today, in spite of Charley's small victory, there are more Muslims than Catholics. All thanks to the actions of the CC.
But it is big of you for admitting your part in the Born-Again fiasco.
I'm not sure that can be forgiven, but I'll try.
Ramen
Ummm...I think Tours was before the crusades. Certainly protestant British, protestant American and communist Russian imperialism had nothing to do with today's radical Islam...;0)
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514999 Feb 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> if they have "little or no significance to ANY of us Catholic's on this forum" then why is the world do you waste your time replying to her...
Because she is a "child of God" just like the rest of us!!!!!

Location hidden

#515000 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she is a "child of God" just like the rest of us!!!!!
So in your opinion is it alright to belittle, name call and insult a "child of God"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#515001 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture yourself in Iran or Afghanistan today or even North Korea. You can thank the Holy Roman Empire for your rather free and easy life today....
I'd like to thank those who helped write teh Constitution.

If you think that what you say, was the case, you are gullible.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515002 Feb 14, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. The inhabitants who were there weren't lost at all. The disease ridden gold thieves who violated the Americas' gave us nothing but atrocity and disease(physically and mentally).
If they had stayed in the Orient where God originally put them, then there would have been no one to exploit.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#515003 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
If they had stayed in the Orient where God originally put them, then there would have been no one to exploit.
You don't still believe that "bering" theory do you?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515004 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...I think Tours was before the crusades. Certainly protestant British, protestant American and communist Russian imperialism had nothing to do with today's radical Islam...;0)
Of course, but after Charley and Tours, the Muslim world was beaten and in disarray.

Then came the CC Crusades mess, which put Islam on a new path. For the next 500 years, the Muslim World became the center of power and learning.

Any chance of converting the peoples of India and China was lost. The CC blew it big time.

Today, there are more Muslims than Catholics. How do you think Jesus feels about that?

Victorious? Nope.

Let down? Maybe.

Angry at the CC? History tends to support that notion.

After all, how many Catholics has Jesus appeared to since the Crusades? About zero. Jesus sends his mother instead.

What does THAT tell you?

Jesus is so angry, he only makes personal appearances to Protestants like Jim Baker and Benny Hinn now. Catholics only get to see mom. That's called holding a grudge.

Jesus, forgive them already!

Ramen

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#515005 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Robert.
Having been exposed to the situation with an extended family member I can tell you that much of the heartache brought about by marriages falling apart is the result a serious lack of pre-marriage preparation by the Church and the couple. Some time in the late 60's and early 70's the local pastor put less emphasis on the premarital counseling and compatibility test, even allowing couples who were simply baptized Catholics but inactive marry in the Church. Lots of reasons why I'm sure, much of it related to the progressive trends in culture (and VII). I think the Church would be well served by denying couples who are obviously not mature enough to understand the commitment.
Anthony MN

Peace

Of course depending on the area, I find in general, a sort of "open house" attitude in the RCC.
It is coming off the "Year of Faith", that there is a sort of "quantity" and not "quality", in such a call....(Our local priest is very alert, and I do not "blame" him for the attitude of the flock.)

Of course people can come and go as they please within the RCC, which seems to promote a relaxation of standards....I am generalizing of course. In our area, there are no new faces walking into our small "village". But it is noticed when people don't show up.

It seems to me, that the casualness of attending Mass and Confession is part of the symptom of our society.

I often think that if one simplifies their lifestyle, then there is time for more meaningful participation in religious activities....

Peace
Michael

Canada

#515006 Feb 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> reread that post..lol
He had to wish you from your heart because hojo doesn't have a heart.
Michael

Canada

#515007 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your "head out of the sand" my friend! This has been going on ever since these two (Michael & June) have come on this forum!!!!
I am here to help you, help you lose your bully behavior.

Location hidden

#515008 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Of course, but after Charley and Tours, the Muslim world was beaten and in disarray.
Then came the CC Crusades mess, which put Islam on a new path. For the next 500 years, the Muslim World became the center of power and learning.
Any chance of converting the peoples of India and China was lost. The CC blew it big time.
Today, there are more Muslims than Catholics. How do you think Jesus feels about that?
Victorious? Nope.
Let down? Maybe.
Angry at the CC? History tends to support that notion.
After all, how many Catholics has Jesus appeared to since the Crusades? About zero. Jesus sends his mother instead.
What does THAT tell you?
Jesus is so angry, he only makes personal appearances to Protestants like Jim Baker and Benny Hinn now. Catholics only get to see mom. That's called holding a grudge.
Jesus, forgive them already!
Ramen
Gods R Delusions

Peace

Its the quality of the noodle, not the quantity one eats....

Eat Soba

Peace
Michael

Canada

#515009 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My father-in-law, a bible only Protestant minister is one of those millions on American Christians who worship the same God as. I do as well as all of us Catholics. His son is a Catholic Bishop as we'll! We can openly share our " one faith in Jesus Christ" with respect to each other despite our different religious beliefs. You, as well as June have an anti-God, anti-Jesus,anti-Christian and anti-Catholic Church agenda---------to hostily attack the Christian faith, God, Jesus, and the Church ,(especially Catholics) with your atheistic or agnostic vengeance against "anyone" who has a personal faith in Jesus Christ- and again( especially the Catholic Church!----- You people are not only "wolves in sheeps clothing" --- but better described as
"wolves in wolves clothing"
I give my opinion. Thats what forums are about. Would you rather everyone agree with everyone?

Why don't you go on the Catholic answers forum they would all love you over there. They all have the HOJO syndrome.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#515010 Feb 14, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, if I take my hair out of the poneytail it is in, I do resemble the common pictorial of Jesus.
Hmmmm...maybe I am him reincarnated!!
Wouldn't that be a trip!!
But then again, you'd be jealous of me and all the other traits you exhibit.
Looks like I would have to save you too....
:o)
Hahahahahaha

Good one!

Location hidden

#515011 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is made of people (for the most part) who try to accomplish pleasing idiots such as you, while you are busy critisizing them and not doing anything your self but complain, and using the resources that are available to you.
Do you think with your self-serving attitude of salvation for Catholics but not for Protestants, that you would make a caring politician???
From my perspective, you are a scary person with your pompous attitude of "I'm such a polite and fun-loving guy."
And you can keep your phoney your smile-symbol to your self, along with your "peace" symbol that belongs in the garbage dump of all other Catholic nonsense.
June

Do you speak Chinese yet? You would make a great propagandist for them....

Lets change one word in your first paragraph, and see how it fits YOU....

"Religion"... is made of people (for the most part) who try to accomplish pleasing idiots such as you, while you are busy critisizing them and not doing anything your self but complain, and using the resources that are available to you....

You think you are objective. You are not even close....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Chilli J 71,828
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 7 min Big Al 128
How to help others save MONEY 1 hr Am I rght 4
Share wife/ girlfriend pics (Apr '14) 1 hr xxxcouple 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 995,075
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,424
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1