Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673155 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514942 Feb 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We thank God, you should ask yourself why you give glory to an earthly institution.
I thank God He gave us His Son Who gave us His Church through which we may be saved.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514943 Feb 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive. Do you spout out to your protestant friends that you church is the True Church that Christ founded and that their church is not. Do you give them the 2000 year old spiel over and over again like you do here. Do you tell them that The Vatican claims that the catholic church is the true church. Do you tell them they most receive the Eucharist in order to have Christ in them? Bet if you told them all these things as you tell others here you wouldn't have the respect of those friends let alone have a protestant. friends...You forget...the title of this forum invites people to come and disagree with you...Happy Valentines Day!
What you fail to understand is that my Protestant friends who are my (brothers and sisters in Christ) don't spend their ( every moment) vindictively attacking, hostily ripping and verbally criticizing my catholic faith, or the Catholic Church--as as those non-Catholics who came on this forum, who are here for THAT ONE PURPOSE ONLY!!!!!

Since: Feb 14

Cotonou, Benin

#514944 Feb 14, 2014
Upon THIS Rock MY Church wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post, Troy. Thanks for the link, as well.
God bless.
This is really funny. What of other churches?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514945 Feb 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends here from the bottom of my heart. And Happy Valentines Day to all others not from my heart...
OK, from your liver maybe? Or, spleen perhaps?

No matter, Ramen to that.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#514946 Feb 14, 2014
Love, love, love.

"Pope will arrive in St Peter's Square for a meeting with over 20,000 engaged couples to mark Valentine's Day."

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2014/...
henry

Bad Frankenhausen, Germany

#514947 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The early heresies combated were adulterations of the Christian faith they initially received courtesy of the Catholic Church. Had they left Christianity altogether and went back to their Jewish or pagan origins, it would not have technically been considered heresy.
In Capitalism war will never cease.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514948 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture yourself in Iran or Afghanistan today or even North Korea. You can thank the Holy Roman Empire for your rather free and easy life today....
I never knew that.

Is that what they teach in catholic schools? If so, it must be true.

Please tell us where we can find an example of democracy and constitutional rights in the Holy Roman Empire. All my silly history books mention are about the kings and royalty that the CC gave its blessings to, as in the 'divine right of kings." Maybe those books should be burned too!

Now we discover that the renewal of democracy was because of the Holy Roman Empire and the CC.

And at least one catholic is as goofy as his born-again cousins.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#514949 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Point, game, match. Thanks for playing.
Sokay....do you know what this means? P-K4
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514950 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Verbal persecution!!!!---A "more than accurate description"!!!!
Verbal persecution?

The largest, richest, most powerful church in the world. Plus, you are here voluntarily too!

You poor thing - voluntarily being verbally persecuted, all because others don't agree that they are spiritually second-class humans. Silly them.(sigh)

OK, keep the lace panties on. They fit you well.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514951 Feb 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sokay....do you know what this means? P-K4
Ahh, I think he ate your lunch. Get over it.

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#514952 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is me....And I always thought it was religious freedom which kept the government from total exploitation of the masses, since government has no conscience.
The government is made of people (for the most part) who try to accomplish pleasing idiots such as you, while you are busy critisizing them and not doing anything your self but complain, and using the resources that are available to you.

Do you think with your self-serving attitude of salvation for Catholics but not for Protestants, that you would make a caring politician???

From my perspective, you are a scary person with your pompous attitude of "I'm such a polite and fun-loving guy."

And you can keep your phoney your smile-symbol to your self, along with your "peace" symbol that belongs in the garbage dump of all other Catholic nonsense.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#514953 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Valentines day to you to, Seraphima! Glad to see that I have been (possibly) afforded the opportunity to be one of the few that you gave this wish from your heart"?? Thanks !!!!
reread that post..lol

Prince George, Canada

#514954 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that he is praying for your misguided, and mis-directed heart, mind, and soul---as we as Catholics "all" are!!!!
If Elohim exists, he will fix you in the end for pretending that he loves only Catholics.

You can preach at me ... but preaching at the the only Abrahamic god might have repercussions in the hereafter for you, and not pleasant ones at all. You have been warned many times that god-thievery is against all the laws of the sky, as each group was supposed to create their own gods and leave the other men's gods alone.

Tongue in cheek
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514955 Feb 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knew that.
Is that what they teach in catholic schools? If so, it must be true.
Please tell us where we can find an example of democracy and constitutional rights in the Holy Roman Empire. All my silly history books mention are about the kings and royalty that the CC gave its blessings to, as in the 'divine right of kings." Maybe those books should be burned too!
Now we discover that the renewal of democracy was because of the Holy Roman Empire and the CC.
And at least one catholic is as goofy as his born-again cousins.
Ramen
Well....you do need to go back a bit further in history than that....start with Charles Martel.

Prince George, Canada

#514956 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank God He gave us His Son Who gave us His Church through which we may be saved.
Catholics were and are god-thieves.

And Muslims and Protestants just thought they could climb on the same band-wagon for the same type of free ride.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#514957 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to a public school no wonder.
OHHHH Are you saying that the Catholic Church gave us America??? Question....I guess it would much easier to understand your church if you just told us what the catholic church didn't give us...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#514958 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics were and are god-thieves.
And Muslims and Protestants just thought they could climb on the same band-wagon for the same type of free ride.
Happy V.Day June.
Candy is sweet,but not as sweet as you are.#BLUSH#

Prince George, Canada

#514959 Feb 14, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In Capitalism war will never cease.
I suggest that wars existed among humans from when humans still lived in caves. And with or without religion, I suggest that wars will never cease.

We all suffer from tunnel vision and as is proof positive on this forum ... each person wants others to see it as the self sees it.

That selfishness is innate in human nature, and there is no cure for what is innate.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514960 Feb 14, 2014
Proof God favors Protestants (dang it).

TIM TEBOW is cut loose by the Denver Broncos. As punishment, Denver is slaughtered in an unprecedented manner in the Super Bowl.

God's Will?

Last year, the born-again state school of Alabama humiliates Notre Dame in a like manner.

Protestants 2, Catholics 0. This is embarrassing.

How much humiliation will wimpy Catholics take before they man-up?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#514961 Feb 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> OHHHH Are you saying that the Catholic Church gave us America??? Question....I guess it would much easier to understand your church if you just told us what the catholic church didn't give us...
And kissses to you too!
#RED FACED#

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min True Christian-Jew 104,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min True Christian-Jew 981,254
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,855
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 95
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,620
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 1 hr True Christian-Jew 3
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 2 hr Holy Child Jehova... 7,658
More from around the web