Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638092 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#514874 Feb 14, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Through him all things can be made well."
...and just like GiF - you refuse to accept all of Jesus - yet you claim this as a requirement to be "purified in Christ".
You seem to believe that YOU are Jesus (the master of purification) in the flesh.

WOW!

By the way, it was not nice of you to try to steal Jesus from the Catholics and then claim to not BE Catholic.

You ought to have created your own savior-myth.

Prince George, Canada

#514875 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I think because marriage pre-dates the Bible, back to the Garden of Eden, it is most difficult for it to be sanctified by any other person than God.
People in general get married with or without ceremony, in civil and church settings.
My thought is not that of an "orthodox" Catholic on the subject, as I think two people are joined by God. The use of that marriage as a sacrament comes later, if at all....
You pride your self on not preaching, as you use the handy word "sharing."

How funny!

Whether you refer to your habit as preaching or sharing ... you still want to make it plain (as do all others who claim to also know truth) that Jesus and god (Elohim) are aligned to your thoughts on all issues.

Prince George, Canada

#514876 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more of (your) same old atheistic " editorialized and opinionated" bunk!!!!!
Did Elohim speak to you on a personal level and inspire you to believe that he quit loving the Jews to in turn love only Catholics ... or did you just take the words of the Catholic church fathers as being based on truth???

After all, Elohim might be HIGHLY offended that you believe he was a traitor to the Jews that created him.

Tongue in cheek
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514877 Feb 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your own Jesus says you should love folks like Ox and Michael. So even your pretend god says my God is right.
Welcome brother.
Ramen
Ramen.
Yes--Jesus instructs us to love everyone, even those that criticize and persecute us----however------not necessarily their actions! Nowhere in the bible did He ever love the sinful actions of those he came in contact with!!!---i.e. The adulterous woman, the Pharisees, even the inappropriate actions of some of his Apostles! For instances, he told the adulterous woman to "go and sin no more!

Prince George, Canada

#514878 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is governments that promise but fail to protect human rights, you are fearful of complaining to them....
It is the government that protects you from being put to death in the name of religion ... you idiot.

If you ran the government I suggest we would all have to be Catholic, not Protestant ... as you left Protestantism to be a social climber up the ladder into Catholicism ... in your own mental illusion ... of course.

And by the way, in Iran if you made such a statement about the government, by nightfall I suggest your head would be separated from your body.

You don't appreciate the freedoms you DO have, so why don't you move to a country that suits you???

YUCK!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514879 Feb 14, 2014
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE

Do Catholics miss the Holy Roman Empire?

Being the ONLY church, with 100% perfect teachings on morals, how is this Holy Empire remembered today?

Can we find the CC's ONLY claim manifested in some real world terms?

Did the Holy Roman Empire excel in any memorable and lasting way?

Was mankind especially elevated or enlightened when the CC had so much influence and power?

Of course not.

In fact, it got worse. Born-Agains were born.

Ramen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514880 Feb 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they leave Anthony, why are they still leaving today?
And of course 'The Way' was the original and what we follow.
I'm sure you think that marge. In all the years we've been posting you have never been willing or able to provide one shred of evidence that the folks you identify with who "left" the early Church were some sort of remnant that exists today. Where were they through the centuries? Do you believe that they were there when the NT was written and then went into hiding for 1500, 1800, 2000 years? What groups that are clearly identified as schismatics and heretics would you compare your beliefs to? Will I ever get a response from you on these important questions?

Prince George, Canada

#514881 Feb 14, 2014
If all gods (except mine) weren't delusions -------
then June would not be able to stir the pot so much.
If your gods were real, then there would be no need for anger and vile against her.
She would be embraced as a lost soul.
Come to the light June.
Ramen
UH HUH!

:)

When you can give me a credible reason why Ramen created animals to have to kill in order to survive ... you might then have a devotee to your real deity ... but so far you have fallen short of my mark.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514882 Feb 14, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> I don't agree with you, Anthony. My Bishop and the former Biship was and is not like that. Neither are the newer Archbishops who were appointed the last few years..
The new "crop" of bishops are holy and devout men. Unfortunately we're still dealing with some of the old guard in many parts of the country.

Prince George, Canada

#514883 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church teaches one set of doctrines.
Does that mean that all the centuries of slaughter of innocent people as heretics was your church fathers not following their own doctrines???

TINK about it ... you "willing" fool.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514884 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--Jesus instructs us to love everyone, even those that criticize and persecute us----however------not necessarily their actions! Nowhere in the bible did He ever love the sinful actions of those he came in contact with!!!---i.e. The adulterous woman, the Pharisees, even the inappropriate actions of some of his Apostles! For instances, he told the adulterous woman to "go and sin no more!
Really, "criticize and persecute" you!

On Valentines Day too.

On the other hand, you just explained why you don't follow Jesus' teachings.

Maybe you need to be more clear about your love for OX, Michael, June and others, and instead of attacking them, explain why you are taught to forgive them.

Otherwise, you sound like a born-again. And we both know that isn't good. wink, wink.

Ramen
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514885 Feb 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of Americans who worship the same god that you do, yet you have it in your heart to insult them.
My father-in-law, a bible only Protestant minister is one of those millions on American Christians who worship the same God as. I do as well as all of us Catholics. His son is a Catholic Bishop as we'll! We can openly share our " one faith in Jesus Christ" with respect to each other despite our different religious beliefs. You, as well as June have an anti-God, anti-Jesus,anti-Christian and anti-Catholic Church agenda---------to hostily attack the Christian faith, God, Jesus, and the Church ,(especially Catholics) with your atheistic or agnostic vengeance against "anyone" who has a personal faith in Jesus Christ- and again( especially the Catholic Church!----- You people are not only "wolves in sheeps clothing" --- but better described as
"wolves in wolves clothing"

Prince George, Canada

#514886 Feb 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church is a denomination....the largest in the USA...Christ never built any denomination/s...
Had Jesus lived he never would have had to suggest that a church be built. According to Catholic dogma, the Catholic church already existed when Saint John of the Catholics baptized Jesus in the river Jordan.

That means that Jesus would have been a "follower" of Catholicism ... NOT a leader of a new religion.

And Protestantism never started more trouble until the 16th century, so you have no say in the matter whatsoever, as you are but a babe in the cradle of illusion.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514887 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Elohim speak to you on a personal level and inspire you to believe that he quit loving the Jews to in turn love only Catholics ... or did you just take the words of the Catholic church fathers as being based on truth???
After all, Elohim might be HIGHLY offended that you believe he was a traitor to the Jews that created him.
Tongue in cheek
Silly---Bunk comment June!!!---Nowhere did God ever "quit loving the Jews"to love only Catholics!!!This is just more of your atheistic anti-Catholic Church " twisted and distorted (personal opinions) that have "absolutely" no basis of any truth!

Prince George, Canada

#514888 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
And though she rejects all I say as a lie, at some point, she acknowledges the existence of lies, and therefore truth.
I acknowed and DO acknowledge "concepts" of truth, which in turn might all be lies believed as absolute truth. Unlike you, I don't pretend to know if there is an absolute truth, as what is perceived as reality might all be illusion.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514889 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
When you can give me a credible reason why Ramen created animals to have to kill in order to survive ... you might then have a devotee to your real deity ... but so far you have fallen short of my mark.
Unlike the angry little immoral gods of the delusional here, my God teaches me to respect you.

Thus, I will gladly answer your question, as dumb as it is.

My God created the processes by which all life as we know it exists today. My God was hoping for better frankly. So as a consolation, he gave us beer (or grog), for which the first civilizations were built.

As for the other animals, he's working on it. Anyhow, I was hoping for a more meaningful question, like about born-agains and UFOs.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#514890 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who calls it a denomination?
Original Catholicism is not a denomination of Christianity. The splits that broke away from the original Catholic organization ... ARE denominations
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514891 Feb 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Really, "criticize and persecute" you!
Ramen
Get your "head out of the sand" my friend! This has been going on ever since these two (Michael & June) have come on this forum!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514892 Feb 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly---Bunk comment June!!!---Nowhere did God ever "quit loving the Jews"to love only Catholics!!!This is just more of your atheistic anti-Catholic Church " twisted and distorted (personal opinions) that have "absolutely" no basis of any truth!
Make up your mind.

The Jews killed Jesus, until a few decades ago. Now they are loved and accepted.

No more torturing or killing them in an effort to save their souls.

Oops, that never happened. That's just evil Jewish propaganda.

It's good to never be wrong.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#514893 Feb 14, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading for comprehension is not your forte.
Jesus could not be baptized Catholic because he had not founded the Catholic Church yet.
Jesus was not baptized into any religion, his baptism was part of his anointing as Messiah.
The baptism of Jesus is on his part the acceptance and inauguration of his mission as God's suffering Servant. He allows himself to be numbered among sinners; he is already "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" The Father's voice responds to the Son's acceptance, proclaiming his entire delight in his Son.
The Spirit whom Jesus possessed in fullness from his conception comes to "rest on him." Jesus will be the source of the Spirit for all mankind. At his baptism "the heavens were opened"—the heavens that Adam's sin had closed—and the waters were sanctified by the descent of Jesus and the Spirit, a prelude to the new creation. Jn 1:29; Isa 53:12 Lk 3:22; Isa 42:1 Jn 1:32-33; Isa 11:2 Mt 3:16
Jesus' messianic consecration reveals his divine mission, "for the name ‘Christ' implies ‘he who anointed,'‘he who was anointed' and ‘the very anointing with which he was anointed.'
The one who anointed is the Father, the one who was anointed is the Son, and he was anointed with the Spirit who is the anointing."
His eternal messianic consecration was revealed during the time of his earthly life at the moment of his baptism by John, when "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power," "that he might be revealed to Israel" as its Messiah.
St. Irenaeus, Adv. haeres., Acts 10:38; Jn 1:31
Our Lord voluntarily submitted himself to the baptism of St. John, intended for sinners, in order to "fulfill all righteousness."
Jesus' gesture is a manifestation of his self-emptying. The Spirit who had hovered over the waters of the first creation descended then on the Christ as a prelude of the new creation, and the Father revealed Jesus as his "beloved Son." Mt 3:15 Phil 2:7 Mt 3:16-17
A Jewish Rabbi that went by the title "King of the Jews" would need no annointing from a Catholic Saint with the title of John the baptist.

John should have been annointed as a pure and unadulterated JEW ... faithful to Judaism ... BY Jesus.

Within theology ... THAT would make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Clearwater 30,125
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr truth 181,966
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr truth 43,925
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr truth 269
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr macumazahn 968,910
REPORT: Prince's red blood cell count was EXTRE... 4 hr Purple Fan 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr scientia potentia... 617,982
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web