Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687395 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#514747 Feb 13, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
No. The Church has interpreted Jesus' words to say that except when the marriage is unlawful, i.e., if full consent and full knowledge of the sacrament of both parties was not there, the union was unlawful. It's plainly and clearly laid out for anyone who wants to know the hows and whys.
There is NO SUCH consistency of teaching in protestantism. It's all dependent on the community and the pastor as to how he reads scripture. I can go to one community and be accepted and rejected in another one down the street.
Do you think Christ meant to leave us with no sure way of knowing if one is living in an adulterous union??? Why then did He even bother teaching about it if it's just between us and God? Why didn't He just say that?---------

----------
Anthony, Jesus didn't say that only Christians could commit adultery. The Indians who "jumped the broom" together were not 'married' until they consummated the union, THEN in the eyes of God (who owns all souls) they were as married as much as in a Catholic cathedral.

A man who thinks he can determine that a couple living together (with or without legal sanction) is not married because they didn't understand Catholic opinion of 'sacramental', is guilty of "putting asunder that that GOD has joined together."

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#514748 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be duplicates of you to be the pure and unadulterated "spiritual" SELF.
And they simply can't live up to your high "spiritual" expectations.
By the way ... do you believe that your spirit was created by a divine creator, or did you create it for your SELF?
This post is a perfect example of my characterization of you.....and guess what - you matched it exactly.

You have so much ignorance that you just can't seem to control it, is that why you openly act out your ignorance?

To correct your feeble mind:
- No person is a duplicate of another.
- I am not the "pure and unadulterated spiritual Self"

As for your other statements or questions - what do you mean? Please clarify.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514749 Feb 13, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact? Or faith?
After 2000 years? What went wrong?
Luther went wrong!!!!!!----Plain and simple!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#514750 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Have you checked lately with Jesus' mentality to see if Catholics will indeed end up in hell for eternity???

Jesus might want to know what you think about his mentality.

You might be wise to check each thought before you post nonsense from your KJV that in the first place was a forgery.

Tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514751 Feb 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I understand - you don't have anything, but will promote to many onthis forum that Jesus was Catholic.
<quoted text>
Incorrect - you place Gnostic Jesus as "my hero" - I don't.
Jesus taught many things that cross many people's variety of religious belief, including yours - for 70 years - remember?
You've chosen to disintegrate any possibility that Jesus could be Gnostic, Protestant, etc because you think he is a myth.
Whether Jesus lived or not, really is irrelevant to the philosphy of love and understanding - both which you seem to refuse to understand or even acknowledge. I guess you would rather live in hatred, anomisity, and just plain advocacy.
I'll be sure to not include you on my team when something finally does go arwy or wrong, and we need to bind together to fix the problem, because it seems that you will only promote objection and disagreement.
*sighs*
I don't believe anything you post. Your avatar says it all about how arrogant is your SELF.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514752 Feb 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther went wrong!!!!!!----Plain and simple!!
As did your Catholic church fathers when they compiled the anti-Semitic new testament.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514753 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
This post is a perfect example of my characterization of you.....and guess what - you matched it exactly.
I'm not the one who pretends to know the true message from anywhere.

THAT is YOU and a whole lot of other blowhards on this forum and throughout the world.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah blah.........."
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514754 Feb 13, 2014
They're creating divisions among EVANGELICALS who all claim that same spirit that you claim.
----------
Yes, Baptists and Methodists, etc. differ on some points.
What makes Catholics different? They 'differ' too.
I prefer to receive the Holy Spirit's current guidance on this journey...than to trust ancient people who aren't known, except for some of their writings. We've been trying to point out some of our differences with you, but you insist that men who are strangers to you, and now dead, know more about Jesus Christ than His own Spirit knows.
The Holy Spirit is ALIVE today, and trustworthy. If some people profess that He 'led' them (and they are wrong), it will not disturb my peace as long as I follow Him.
KayMarie
Individuals may differ, but the Church's scripture-based teaching is consistent.

Why do we not find the same consistency in Protestantism since all of you claim full reliance on scripture?

Albuquerque, NM

#514755 Feb 13, 2014
If one could become a 'true' Christian by obeying a list of laws, Jesus would have left us to try to keep the commandments all by our self. No man can do that perfectly WITHOUT HIS HELP. So He came to pay our debt, and then sent His Spirit to lead and guide us...forgiving us when we fail, and lifting us up when we fall.

New Age wrote:

Sure we can.

Please list all the commandments that Jesus explicitly states.

We'll see how honest you are, as well as, how knowledgeable of Jesus you really are.

GiF - I'm still waiting on your response to this important aspect of salvation - honesty.

Whatcha got for the group?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514756 Feb 13, 2014
No. The Church has interpreted Jesus' words to say
Why would you believe your interpretations from the forged KJV would take presedence over the new testament that was also a forgery???

WHY ... other than for the sake of your arrogance???

I suggest you all depend on lies to give you truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#514757 Feb 13, 2014
New Age writes:

"....every act of sexual intercourse which has occurred between those unlike one another is adultery.”

The Gospel of Philip
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

A simple description of the Spirit (Self) within each of us....

"It is not possible for anyone to see anything of the things that actually exist unless he becomes like them. This is not the way with man in the world: he sees the sun without being a sun; and he sees the heaven and the earth and all other things, but he is not these things. This is quite in keeping with the truth. But you saw something of that place, and you became those things. You saw the Spirit, you became spirit. You saw Christ, you became Christ. You saw the Father, you shall become Father. So in this place you see everything and do not see yourself, but in that place you do see yourself - and what you see you shall become. "

#514758 Feb 13, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
Why don't you answer my question?
Have you managed to convert Jesus yet to the idea that homosexuals are perverts, which is what you believe is true???
You wouldn't want to be out of sync with the spiritual mentality of Jesus ... would YOU???

----------
Jesus' mentality is holy, not queer.

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#514759 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anything you post. Your avatar says it all about how arrogant is your SELF.
Then please stop promoting my points of view.

Better yet - why don't you just not post to me. Or is that to much to ask you to do?

I know, this is a public forum and you can post to whomever you choose. Fine.

I'll be sure to respond to the posts directed to me, with more of the same I've posted already - proving you are clueless, not knowledgeable, and probably still a so-called "Christian" posing as a secular person.

Yeah sure you are.

Maybe you can post a citation to this claim you've made - that you are Atheist.

I still don't believe you or anyone who calls themselves Atheist.

If you and they were honest, you would be calling yourself Agnostic, because in truth, you really don't know if there is an afterlife.

Multiple dimensions have already been categorized by Science as existing.....so this alone shows that the term Atheist is a bullshite ruse from those who didn't do enough research, or felt that they didn't have to, because Science doesn't have the answers.

Yeah June - jsut don't post to me, it would be better for you to not.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514760 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church. St. Paul said the Church is the pillar and ground of the Truth. The question is why all protestant denominations who disagree with each other say that the bible is the ground and pillar of Truth and come to different conclusions about what that is.
The bible came from the Church, it's the bible AND the Church, Scripture AND Tradition. There can be no other way.
Exactly!!!!!! 2000 years of Proven Church History along with the (one and only one True interpretation of the bible) in 382, 393, and 397 AD from the Early a Church Father, who formulated it, translated it and wrote it !..... There is "no other Truth"!!!!!!!---Everythin g else since the Reformation is "nothing" but man made (personal opinionated) relative contradicting ( half truth ---- half heresy!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#514761 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who pretends to know the true message from anywhere.
Maybe you should just not post at all - because you clearly don't understand that which you post to others.

All I've ever asked of anyone on this forum to be honest and truthful with me, as I am with others.

You clearly have not been.

#514762 Feb 13, 2014
who="New Age Spiritual Leader" confrinting with the word wrote:
If one could become a 'true' Christian by obeying a list of laws, Jesus would have left us to try to keep the commandments all by our self. No man can do that perfectly WITHOUT HIS HELP. So He came to pay our debt, and then sent His Spirit to lead and guide us...forgiving us when we fail, and lifting us up when we fall.
New Age wrote:
Sure we can.
Please list all the commandments that Jesus explicitly states.
We'll see how honest you are, as well as, how knowledgeable of Jesus you really are.
GiF - I'm still waiting on your response to this important aspect of salvation - honesty.
Whatcha got for the group?
----------
Jesus said that all of the commandments were fulfilled in the one:'Love God and your neighbor as yourself.' You are not very loving, so you are in no condition to judge whether I am honest, or how knowledgeable that I am. Your posts have one theme: Why don't you believe Jesus? You condemn everyone else, while claiming YOUR knowledge.

I will ask YOU that question...

KayMarie
make

Springfield, NJ

#514763 Feb 13, 2014
Right
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514764 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. He forgave the woman caught in adultery and told her to sin no more.
I have always found that interesting. People usually leave out the part where he says go and sin no more. The Pharisees here are trying to trap him. It was against Roman law to stone someone and the people were subject to Roman law. So, if Jesus said to stone her then they would notify the Roman authorities that he was inciting the people against Roman law. If he did not have her stoned then he would be adovating against the Jewish law. Instead he begins to write in the sand. Was he just doodling? Was he writing his accusers sins out in the sand, which required the same penalty? No one really knows. He then poses the challenge. He who is without sin cast the first stone. One by one they walked away. He then forgives her, but says go and sin no more. He is the law. It is said He did not come to change the law, but to fulfill it. Through him all things can be made well. They could not follow the law. It was an excercise in futility. Not one is righteous, not one. Does this mean that noone should try anymore and do as Luther said and commit adultery 1000x times a day and it would not matter? Is all now folly? I do not think Paul puts the man out of the church, nor do I think the warnings given can escape that all is well. From my understanding the woman at the well with the 5 Baals her spiritual husbands Jesus is saying I am the bridegroom and the husband you are not yet with spiritually is the true God. Gods Israel as Paul calls it is his church. The New Covenant. A marriage contract in a civil proceeding is just that. A covenant is the joining of two to become as one. As I showed in Jeremiah God gave Israel a writ of divorce. The way to forgiveness is through him. He came for the people of Isael first. The old covenant is no more it cannot return. The church is his bride. The gentiles have been graphted in.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514765 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you believe your preferential theology is based on truth and the theology in other religions is based on lies ... ought to wake you out of your slumber. but your will to believe that you as a Catholic are special keeps you dumbed right on down.
June

It is not a fact.

It is an imaginary fact in your mind. Or an illusion. But I best describe it as a delusion

So who am I, and why should I try to argue with a delusional mind?

It is like at times you use the sharp side of a knife to cut your food, but sometimes the dull side....Its hard to figure out why you don't always use the sharp side....
Husker

Falls City, NE

#514766 Feb 13, 2014
Robert Kennedy Jr's ex-wife was 'terrified' he would take children from her before she hanged herself in tragic suicide
As news of her death spread, close friends spoke of her inner torment following her very public divorce from her husband.
Robert Kennedy Jr is currently dating actress Cheryl Hines, best known for her role as Larry David's wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Mary Kennedy, neé Richardson, was Robert's second wife and the couple married in April 1994.
Moving on: Robert Kennedy Jr. is dating actress Cheryl Hines and has been spending more time in Los Angeles since filing for divorce from Mary
Mr Kennedy divorced his first wife in the Dominican Republic a month before his second marriage. Mary gave birth to their first child three months later.
In addition to his four children with Mary, he has two older children from his first marriage.
----------
Very busy man; previous marriage ended in divorce...then married Mary, and was living in L.A. with a movie star when Mary was hanged.
Still a good Catholic? Catholic burial?
KayMarie
How do you know he was a good Catholic, did you stalk him to see if he went to Mass ? I don't think the Kennedys associate themselves with the Catholic Church anymore. John F. Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy frequented the confessional every week someone said. So, you don't know what went on between them and God. Not your place to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 58 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web