Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,308
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514388 Feb 12, 2014
Right now in Africa, Christians are killing Muslims to make the god happy.

Why else would they kill???

They wouldn't DREAM of going against their "God's" will ... WOULD THEY???

Shysters in god-garb.

They kill because they hate the Muslims that they perceive are too stubborn to convert to Christianity.

It was the same reason that Martin Luther wanted the Jews killed.

When he started his Protestant religion he was all "heart" for the suffering Jews, until they made it plain to him that they wouldn't become Protestants because they wanted to stay faithful to Judaism. Then he wanted them put to death as the sinners he perceived them to be.

He was simply another wretched beast in god-garb.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514389 Feb 12, 2014
False wicket satanic accusers and attackers
worthy just 50 cents papers that's all!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#514390 Feb 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Agreed Kay. I'm still just trying to get to the core of the issue, everything you and Rose have said is really sidestepping the issue. The Catholic Church has a very clear and unambiguous teaching regarding the sanctity of the sacrament of Marriage. I clearly spells out what it believes are the precepts from the bible. You may not agree, but it is there nonetheless.
There is no such clear teaching from the evangelicals. One can get a myriad of opinions from different evangelical groups.
My question remains; Where in evangelicalism can one get a clear and firm teaching on marriage and divorce? Is it not a matter of profound importance as it pertains to the state of one's soul when they face judgement?
----------
I don't know what is not clear. Two persons joined in marriage become ONE. Jesus said that NO ONE was to break that bond.(The CC 'annuls' these, and declares that they were not truly married.)(No, a couple does not have to be married in a certain 'church' for their marriage to be valid.) Some Indians simply "jump the broomstick"; their families and community accept that they are 'united'.
I am not 'united' to my husband by some formal ritual in any group. We are united physically and spiritually by the 'union' of our bodies.
It is good sense to have a public legal ceremony for legal protection...but the ceremony does not unite the pair...GOD does the uniting.
Divorce is sin...but it is not the unforgivable sin. To pre-plan such action damages all parties involved. A court or 'church' that cuts those ties asunder takes on its self the sin of "putting asunder". Marriage is a bond that can never truly be broken...but if it has suffered that damage before an individual is converted to Christ, then one can only start from where they are when they come to Him.
KayMarie
To me this,makes,the most sense along with pray we to know,God's,will in all matters,including this..

It seems from what I've seen ..this,is the one sin the CC excommunicated,for unless there is,an annulment by the same CC..
yet worse behaviour of an ongoing nature is,not excommunicated for.

The In inquisition??? We're those monarchs,excommunicated?? If as they say the RCC disapproved of it??

Is,Pelosi excommunicated or invited to Papal mass,at Francis,installment as,Pope ..Biden?

,these are just those with a,high profile ..

Yet John Doe is excommunicated if his,marriage is,not dissolved by the Church and he does,not kick Mary Doe his,second wife out of the house ...

But hey it's,written in stone by the Church so that makes them better than the Protestants,...

That's,the kind of thing that upsets,people.

Again...most likely those Catholics, on this board have had only one marriage ...great for them..but to condemn others...not so great ....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514391 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What God has,joined together
Religion never joined humans together in marriage or otherwise.

Humans are self-centered animals, as are you, who believes that only those who slobber all over your image of a savior will be saved.

You deny others in other religions their saviors that they hold sacred to them as not being real ... but your ex-JEW that you believe turned Protestant ... oh MY ... how precious is his image to YOU.

Sickening selfishness!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514392 Feb 12, 2014
Mother Teresa WANTED to die because she so hoped that she would attain sainthood and eternal bliss for being faithful to her Catholic training. She didn't seem to believe that Jesus was going to come in the flesh to earth to save her, so she might as well die ahead of "time."

I don't believe in evil, but if I did believe in the existence of evil, I would believe that it dwells in the midst of the selfishness OF all religion.

Imagine ... entertaining thoughts that a god loves me while rejecting others.

HORRIBLE self-ingratiating entertainment!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514393 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To me this,makes,the most sense ....
OH OH!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#514394 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC though is,ambiguous,because,of the annulment...IMO..also yes,the marriage question has,become ambiguous,in this modern day for all including your Church
What God has,joined together ...but somewhere in that posting it came up about folks,already remarried which is,what I was,responding to ...
I have no answer except conscience ...
The Scriptures....One man ..One woman....
And it's great if that has,been your life ...then one can point fingers.
And divorced folks,are going to Hades,..
Thing is,Christ ....His,sacrifice was for ALL SIN.....he knew,all Sin....no exceptions ..the price has,been paid .....
Your Church has,kept members for far worse things ..no excommunication for say the Spanish Monarchs...the Pekosis...but a,divorced person is,excommunicated if remarried. Unless,of course they pay for an annulment ...
Ridiculous,...again my opinion....You have your Church with its,annulment policies,..we,use,scripture.
God will judge according to His,justice ..
No need to get angry and frustrated Rose. If any one should feel frustrated it should be me because I've only had to ask the question about 20 times. Thank you for finally admitting that evangelicals have no answer. There is no authority in protestantism to deal with divorce and remarriage. It's simply a matter of private interpretation of the bible. Unfortunately you have the same problem with every doctrine.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514395 Feb 12, 2014
Now ... when I hear that someone who was suffering horrible emotion and physical pain died, I don't grieve.

I'm thankful that their suffering is over.

If suffering didn't exist, there would be no religion, as it wouldn't be necessary to try to explain why a creator would be involved with suffering.

Wouldn't that be nice?

We could wake up in the morning and say that no babies will starve to death today, because hunger doesn't exist.

From my perception religion is bunk, and that include YOUR special PET of pettiness!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514396 Feb 12, 2014
Why people in religion want to keep on reproducing sinners for a supposed god to judge is a mystery to me.

If you TINK about it, you should stop reproducing, and put that god out of work!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514397 Feb 12, 2014
Wacky theology

I wonder what god would do with his "time" if he had no sinners to judge?

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514398 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for finally admitting that evangelicals have no answer.
Are you KIDDING???

Preachers have all the answers. That's why you preach ... yet never agree.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514399 Feb 12, 2014
I conversed with an elderly man recently who has been suffering horrible physical pain for years. He claims to be religious but he suggested that the suffering is better from his perception than the alternative.

That seems that his mind is not at peace concerning his perception of what awaits him in the hereafter.

Theologians that teach that hells exist are not trying to put minds at peace. The intention is to keep the believers on edge that if they don't adhere to the theology put in place by the theologians ... there WILL be a high price of suffering to pay in the hereafter.

Bunkology!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#514400 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To me this,makes,the most sense along with pray we to know,God's,will in all matters,including this..
It seems from what I've seen ..this,is the one sin the CC excommunicated,for unless there is,an annulment by the same CC..
The In inquisition??? We're those monarchs,excommunicated?? If as they say the RCC disapproved of it??
Is,Pelosi excommunicated or invited to Papal mass,at Francis,installment as,Pope ..Biden?
Yet John Doe is excommunicated if his,marriage is,not dissolved by the Church and he does,not kick Mary Doe his,second wife out of the house ...
But hey it's,written in stone by the Church so that makes them better than the Protestants,...
Again...most likely those Catholics, on this board have had only one marriage ...great for them..but to condemn others...not so great ....
Rose, Rose.....stop making things up. Catholics are not excommunicated for divorcing and remarrying.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514401 Feb 12, 2014
I can tell you one issue of which I am certain.

If my life end by me having to lay on my death bed, I won't be "heading" (pun intended) back into any religion ... because if by chance a deity exists, it would KNOW that I went back to my previous religious training because of fear and not because I had or have any respect whatsoever for a supposed creator.

And I suggest that my sliding back into religion because of fear would irritate the "emotional state" of the creator even more for me being a hypocrite.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514402 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, Rose.....stop making things up. Catholics are not excommunicated for divorcing and remarrying.
They don't refer to annulment as divorce. Didn't you know that "god" is very fussy about word-"useage?"

Rumor has it (maybe I started the rumor) that "god" is also tickled pink concerning your bragging that his will is that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell.

Sarcasm intended.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514403 Feb 12, 2014
Concerning religion the word FAITH ought to suspect of skulduggery.

You know full well that your religion teaches that you have a choice of worshipping a god or not worshipping a god ... but if you don't worship ... you WILL be rejected BY the god.

So you believe because of FEAR ... period!

Your attitude IS ... "I don't WANT to go to hell ... so I WILL worship!"

You have faith alright ... and there is NO denying that issue. But your faith is based in FEAR.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514404 Feb 12, 2014
As you preach at others that they will go to hell if they don't worship ... that means that you believe you ALSO will go to hell if YOU don't worship.

That is WHY you preach and WHY you worship.

Do you really believe that if a deity exists, it can't see that your reason for worshipping and preaching is because you are terrified that the alternative will be eternal hell???

It seems that you underestimate the mentality of your own supposed deity.

Religion is bunkology.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#514406 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that a lot of Catholics no longer bother with confession, as they also believe it's quackery.
However, back in the day when they believed they must confess every little sin or not make it to heaven, they probably did dump what they believed was evil in the confessional in hopes that Jesus would forgive them.
They were so terrified of burning in hell, most of them would believe what they were told to believe by the hierarchy. At least that is the impression I took from reading the book in the story told by the ex French Catholic priest.
Still "spinning your wheels" June!!
This is just more of the same old Atheistic and agnostic "anti-catholic"trash opinions that you June are "so famous for"!!!------Unfortunatel y, you continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which comes as "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics!!! The TRUTH has, is and will always be grounded and secured in Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church!-----You life seems to be patterned after the (tea cups) at Disneyland------just spinning round and around in circles---going nowhere fast!!!!!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#514407 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC though is,ambiguous,because,of the annulment...IMO..also yes,the marriage question has,become ambiguous,in this modern day for all including your Church
What God has,joined together ...but somewhere in that posting it came up about folks,already remarried which is,what I was,responding to ...
I have no answer except conscience ...
The Scriptures....One man ..One woman....
And it's great if that has,been your life ...then one can point fingers.
And divorced folks,are going to Hades,..
Thing is,Christ ....His,sacrifice was for ALL SIN.....he knew,all Sin....no exceptions ..the price has,been paid .....
Your Church has,kept members for far worse things ..no excommunication for say the Spanish Monarchs...the Pekosis...but a,divorced person is,excommunicated if remarried. Unless,of course they pay for an annulment ...
Ridiculous,...again my opinion....You have your Church with its,annulment policies,..we,use,scripture.
God will judge according to His,justice ..
You don't know why we annul marriages, go google it and find out. You seem to think you know what the Canon of the Cathoic Church, you don't have a clue. And how many times have we told you your idea of a Catholic annulment is wrong? four,five times this past few months?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#514408 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are not excommunicated for getting a divorce! Or gertting remarried! Where the heck tdo you get this stuff from? We keep on telling you over and over and over, you just can't comprehend , can you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 739,175
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Porkpie Hat 259,386
Sept 17, 2014 Watch this trailer: evolutionvsGod 13 min Me again 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min EdmondWA 95,474
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min CunningLinguist 227,462
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min NEWS-FLASH 173,669
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 59 min Johnny 343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr waaasssuuup 601,063
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••