Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687412 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#514727 Feb 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Context - you missed it....
We'll use teh NIV version for ease of teaching....
"10 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.
2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”
3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.
4 They said,“Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”
5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered,“Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”
...as you can see - Jesus first only only speaks of the spiritual union, but in the midst of questioning the law of Judaism/Moses.
In a nutshell, it appears that "God" nor Jesus doesn't really have anything to do with marriage or divorce, but stated opinions that seem to end in death.
Adultery punishment in the Bible's Old and New Testaments:
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."
Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."
Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."
- He destroys himself by being put to death as shown above.
Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."
- Why should only a daughter of a priest gets burnt to death if she profanes herself? Why can't this law apply to all daughters?
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."
- This doesn't make any sense what so ever! Why should the woman get her hands cut off for defending her husband? It's not like she was cheating on him or anything like that!
You sure are reaching when you think Jesus promoted to put people to death.
Right there in the bible.

I am sure Anthony will claim you are interpreting it incorrectly. Catholics always have a bag of excuses for what we were taughtf the official words of God.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514728 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Context - you missed it....
We'll use teh NIV version for ease of teaching....
"10 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.
2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”
3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.
4 They said,“Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”
5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,[b] 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered,“Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”
...as you can see - Jesus first only only speaks of the spiritual union, but in the midst of questioning the law of Judaism/Moses.
In a nutshell, it appears that "God" nor Jesus doesn't really have anything to do with marriage or divorce, but stated opinions that seem to end in death.
Adultery punishment in the Bible's Old and New Testaments:
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."
Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."
Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."
- He destroys himself by being put to death as shown above.
Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."
- Why should only a daughter of a priest gets burnt to death if she profanes herself? Why can't this law apply to all daughters?
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."
- This doesn't make any sense what so ever! Why should the woman get her hands cut off for defending her husband? It's not like she was cheating on him or anything like that!
You sure are reaching when you think Jesus promoted to put people to death.
Not at all. He forgave the woman caught in adultery and told her to sin no more.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#514729 Feb 13, 2014
I understand - you don't have anything, but will promote to many onthis forum that Jesus was Catholic.
Just as you are certain that Jesus' message aligns to your Gnostic beliefs, the Catholics believe that Jesus' message aligns to Catholic beliefs, and the Protestants believe that Jesus' message aligns to Protestant beliefs.

I don't believe Jesus existed at all other than a myth in the minds of those who, such as you like to flatter your self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#514730 Feb 13, 2014
June: I suggest that even though you entertain thoughts that others will go to hell and you will go to heaven ... if you happen to have a near-death experience, you could just as easily have a terrifying experience as a pleasant one. Keep in mind that what you entertain in your fantasies as reality, might come back to {{{HAUNT}}} you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Kenneth was born and raised a Southern Baptist. As a child, he first made his commitment to Christ and was baptized with water. He was a member of the church all his life. He was saved, on the path toward heaven, a believer, a follower of Jesus, and he knew this assured him a place in heaven. Nevertheless, he had a NDE and it sent him straight to hell.

Rev. Kenneth Hagin

----------
This story is twisted. Kenneth Hagin was only a teenager at the time he died of a heart condition. In his NDE he found himself in hell, and wondered WHY. He knew of the Bible stories, but he had never known Jesus. He was not saved at the time, and was NOT assured of a place in heaven. He called on the Lord, and was delivered and healed. Then he went on to preach the gospel for many years.

KayMarie
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514731 Feb 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Concepts are "thoughts and ideas" that are merely abstract "opinions" which are (separate and apart from "concrete realities")!!!!! The reality of the verifiable, authoritative and proven TRUTH from over 2000 of authenticated and ascertained Church History is a "concrete reality"-----AND------tha t the Catholic Church (is in fact) the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ Himself (biblically and historically)......substantiat es the fact that--------This is NOT an abstract opinion!!!!
Fact? Or faith?

If fact, then Jesus died for a small percentage of humanity and thus the CC failed in its mission.

No? There are more Muslims than Catholics. There are almost as many Hindus and Protestants. The CC screwed up, big time.

After 2000 years? What went wrong?

Maybe the fact thing, maybe?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514732 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. He forgave the woman caught in adultery and told her to sin no more.
That was a Catholic thought put to paper.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#514733 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity marge, how many folks do you have in your evangelical community? Is there a building you gather in each week? Is it an independent community? Just posting thoughts here, but if I'm assuming correctly, you believe your group of a few hundred are the only true remnant of the true Church that is truly being led by the Holy Spirit in all Truth. Am I of base?
Yeah and they are completely anonymous to most of the world. A stealth group who's Biblical interpretations are a secret. And if you corner them, we see they don't have the same interpretations anyway. Wow. That's how God wills to reveal the path to salvation? Crazy. What happens if someone does their altar call in one of their revival tents, but soon disagrees on sola scripture, sola fide. Oh well they say, those people weren't really born again. Such anarchy!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#514734 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self!
1. You have no clue on what the Self is or what it can attain.

2. If this is your citation, then you agree with all of my points, in which, I will expect you to not disagree with me in the future. Otherwise, "your citation" would be invalid, and you are using my points to express yours. Which again, shows I am right.

DOH!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514735 Feb 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading back..Anthony nor Regina,will accept the ANSWER..God will decide .
ANNULLMENT IS,NOT A,DIVERSION...it's,exactly the,point 're they being a final.arbiter as,opposed to us..
If ONE ANNULMENT is,bought by power they all are,suspect...if GOD allows,for no divorce,or remarriage,...many are doomed including those,annulled ..
I was,speaking of Teddy Kennedy ....not Bobby ..makes,no difference ..
My answer and yours,was,GOD IS,THE FINAL.AUTHORITY..I do not believe remarriage,is,the UNPARDONABLE SIN....
THEIR Church does,UNLESS they say it's,okay
Even their excommunication law,was changeable ...how,FINAL IS,THAT.
They just don't like the answer and I'm not going to talk in circles,on this,any more ..
No. The Church has interpreted Jesus' words to say that except when the marriage is unlawful, i.e., if full consent and full knowledge of the sacrament of both parties was not there, the union was unlawful. It's plainly and clearly laid out for anyone who wants to know the hows and whys.

There is NO SUCH consistency of teaching in protestantism. It's all dependent on the community and the pastor as to how he reads scripture. I can go to one community and be accepted and rejected in another one down the street.

Do you think Christ meant to leave us with no sure way of knowing if one is living in an adulterous union??? Why then did He even bother teaching about it if it's just between us and God? Why didn't He just say that?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514736 Feb 13, 2014
Why are 85% of Catholics or Protestants, or Muslims, or Hindus -- born that way?

Where's the fairness - if being saved depends for the most part on where you were born and how you were raised?

Where's your god's fairness,

Where's your god's sense of justice, morality, whatever?

There is one and only one answer.

Your gods are delusions and you particular brand of delusion depends on how you were raised.

It's called the Primacy Effect.

Albuquerque, NM

#514737 Feb 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right there in the bible.
I am sure Anthony will claim you are interpreting it incorrectly. Catholics always have a bag of excuses for what we were taughtf the official words of God.
None of the Catholics here think for themselves, that is why they are disillusioned by Catholicism, what men chose for them to believe, and by the teachings of Jesus they only think are valid.

How else do you think they can attain such a following?

IMO - by lying to people, as they have done.

Albuquerque, NM

#514738 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus explaining that marriage and divorce as you and other Catholics tend to believe, is incorrect and a ruse to the believers.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514739 Feb 13, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>It has been said that if you really think you need a supernatural explanation based on theology in general, then it needn't to be a god.
Many proud ones in this era like to claim they are not religious but rather "spiritual." It's all about up-man-ship.

But when I ask them who they believe created their spirit, they don't want to discuss that issue to any extent, because the term creator comes into it, and religion is based on the teaching that a creator created humans in spirit-form.

I suggest it's certain that if spirits exist, they didn't create their selves.

Myths are fun ... but they ought not to be taken as serious business as they are after all based on fantasy.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#514740 Feb 13, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and they are completely anonymous to most of the world. A stealth group who's Biblical interpretations are a secret. And if you corner them, we see they don't have the same interpretations anyway. Wow. That's how God wills to reveal the path to salvation? Crazy. What happens if someone does their altar call in one of their revival tents, but soon disagrees on sola scripture, sola fide. Oh well they say, those people weren't really born again. Such anarchy!
Your god is a delusion. That is why you can only build up your faith by attacking others.

Mine is the only true God and one of the few that hasn't ordered its own creation tortured and murdered.

Imagine the silly game of creating, setting absurd, arbitrary rules, and then punishing 90% of your creation for getting it wrong.

Silly game. No true God plays it. Come to the light.

Ramen

Albuquerque, NM

#514741 Feb 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Little do you realize that Jesus also accepted divorce as an acceptable change.....

From somebody's treatise on the topic:
"He blessed divorce when one of the spouses could proceed on the Way to God, to Perfection, while another could not and did not want to go but only impeded the partner (Mark 10:29-30; Luke 18:29-30)."

http://teachings-of-jesus-christ.org/marriage...

Why do you Catholics always think so negatively of people falling out of love, or falling back into love?

This is what you get when you believe men over Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#514742 Feb 13, 2014
who="marge" <quoted text>
'They'(... These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. >They follow their
natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them....<)
seem to have failed as we have no divisions among us, we have the same One Spirit of Truth and they don't.

----------
Good verse, marge. It points out that THE WORLD CREATED DIVISIONS, and tries to separate us.
Psalm 133

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514743 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
None of the Catholics here think for themselves,..
They have to be duplicates of you to be the pure and unadulterated "spiritual" SELF.

And they simply can't live up to your high "spiritual" expectations.

By the way ... do you believe that your spirit was created by a divine creator, or did you create it for your SELF?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514744 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
This is what you get when you believe men over Jesus.
How funny!

You implant your mentality into the Jesus-image and come up with the conclusion that you and Jesus are on the same Gnosticized wave-length.

That is exactly the same HABIT committed by the Catholics and Protestants.

Albuquerque, NM

#514745 Feb 13, 2014

I understand - you don't have anything, but will promote to many onthis forum that Jesus was Catholic.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you are certain that Jesus' message aligns to your Gnostic beliefs, the Catholics believe that Jesus' message aligns to Catholic beliefs, and the Protestants believe that Jesus' message aligns to Protestant beliefs.
I don't believe Jesus existed at all other than a myth in the minds of those who, such as you like to flatter your self.
Incorrect - you place Gnostic Jesus as "my hero" - I don't.

Jesus taught many things that cross many people's variety of religious belief, including yours - for 70 years - remember?

You've chosen to disintegrate any possibility that Jesus could be Gnostic, Protestant, etc because you think he is a myth.

Whether Jesus lived or not, really is irrelevant to the philosphy of love and understanding - both which you seem to refuse to understand or even acknowledge. I guess you would rather live in hatred, anomisity, and just plain advocacy.

I'll be sure to not include you on my team when something finally does go arwy or wrong, and we need to bind together to fix the problem, because it seems that you will only promote objection and disagreement.

*sighs*
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#514746 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
Why don't you answer my question?

Have you managed to convert Jesus yet to the idea that homosexuals are perverts, which is what you believe is true???

You wouldn't want to be out of sync with the spiritual mentality of Jesus ... would YOU???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 987,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,574
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,494
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 5 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 9 hr Doctor REALITY 31
More from around the web