Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

#514504 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word sin came from archery and tranferred over to religion.
Archers would havea hit or a sin. A hit was to hit the bulls eye and a sin was to miss the bulls eye.
Interesting! But my guess is when transferred in the name of religion, they had a dilemma keeping a hit the bulls eye instead of becoming God's eye. Imagine cupid shooting an arrow into God's eye in the name of love - LOL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#514505 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, Rose.....stop making things up. Catholics are not excommunicated for divorcing and remarrying.
They aren't ?? They used to be,from what I learned
They were,barred from the,sacraments...what else,is,excommunication..

Yet the,Monarchs,killing Jews,..taking their property ..in some cases,giving it to the,Church ....they received,communion so do Biden and,Pelosi ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#514506 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...again for the 10th time. The roman catholic church of America had laws on the books prior to 1977 that a Catholic could be excommunicated if divorced and remarried.
again!....Google......... catholic excommunicated 1977 remarry
You Still don't know your own church laws.
Unbelievable!
If true,then I was,going by previous,info I learned in the sixties..

I stand corrected on the use,of the,word excommunication.

Still say the,Monarchs,should have been.

And,those,who vote for and,promote,abortion..
Not be guests,of the Papal Mass,...wonder if they were,given communion at said,Mass,...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514507 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,again you duck the fact that your AUTHORITY can be bought to put it straight forward ..
I'm not angry...just you folks,sit in your perches,condemning others,...I'm.assuming you had,one,marriage...You point to your Church as,authority...but spiritually it's,no better than interpreting the scripture,....rules,are,made,a nd broken for money ...
So who has,an answer ...God alone,.
Either he,...as,your Church does..condemns,forever one set of people...with or without annulment ..or He,forgives,them where they are,found by the,Spirit and guides,them.
But your,Church excommunicated John Doe but not the Spanish Monarchs,or Pelosi ..
It's,between each person and,Jesus,is,my answer ...the same,as,how,we shall stand before,Him
Same,thing we've,been saying.
You are,frustrated,because,you insist on an earthly being having the,last word...
Jesus,forgave the,woman with 5 husbands..but not your Church ..
Married 31 years last month to a beautiful woman who I don't deserve, but God graced me with her anyway.

Jesus said if a man divorces his wife and marries another he commits adultery. All we're doing is upholding His teaching. Does He forgive the repentant sinner? Of course. But remaining in an adulterous union is not repentance.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#514508 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion are eager to believe that what others value as truth is simply a pile of steaming manure ... so I suggest your chosen terminology fits for "all" religion ... just to be fair.
LOL ;-)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#514509 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everything apparently, just more than you. You are in fact correct that it was in effect for about 90 years in the USA when US bishops asked the Vatican for permission to impose it on people who DIVORCED and remarried OUTSIDE the Church WITHOUT seeking an anullment first.
"In the United States, this was true for nearly a hundred years, but it is not true today. In 1884, the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore received permission from the Holy See to impose an "automatic" excommunication on American Catholics who divorced and, without petitioning for and receiving a declaration of nullity (commonly called an annulment), remarried in a civil or other non-Catholic ceremony. This special penal law, applicable only in America, remained in effect until 1977 when the American bishops asked for and received Rome's permission to drop the penalty of excommunication in these cases. Since then, American Catholics who divorce and remarry outside the Church are not excommunicated (though, in most cases, the Church does not recognize the validity of those weddings).
Moreover, by operation of what later became canon 1313 of the 1983 Code, those who were already excommunicated at the time saw their penalty lifted, even though they lacked the change of heart that normally must precede the lifting of a censure such as excommunication.
It is important to understand that lifting the penalty of excommunication did not mean that the Church suddenly recognized these marriage as being valid, or that marrying outside the Church was no longer seen as gravely wrong and spiritually harmful. Persons who are divorced and remarried outside the Church even today are generally prohibited (under c. 915) from receiving the Eucharist until they rectify their situation in accord with canon law. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith reiterated this point as recently as 1994 in its Letter on the Reception of the Eucharist by Divorced and Remarried Catholics . "
I stand corrected as,I said..I know I had been taught that ...but that was,in the,sixties,..

Still the annulment ..
Excommunicated..non excommunicated,

All man's,law,..which can change .even in your Church ...f I mal authority till it changes,..or one pays,for an annulment ..etc

Each person to Jesus,...still my best and constant answer to your original question..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514510 Feb 12, 2014
A boy started to bleed from his eyes nose and mouth.

A "demonologist" (another term for a fool) believes it is the start of the boy being possessed.

I suggest there is a logical scientific reason, and that one would have to go to the right medical center to find the reason.

If you go to a quack, the quack will quack as does a duck, and will have permission to plant the most unreasonable, frightful thoughts in your mind.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

https://www.google.ca/search...
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514511 Feb 12, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting! But my guess is when transferred in the name of religion, they had a dilemma keeping a hit the bulls eye instead of becoming God's eye. Imagine cupid shooting an arrow into God's eye in the name of love - LOL
Silly notions are meant to thrill or frighten people, and sometimes being frightened is also thrilling.

I suggest that those that entertain thoughts of the existence of hell find the thoughts thrilling, in that they will escape it, while other unfortunates will NOT.

The attitude "I'm sure glad it isn't going to be me" is very popular in such relgious fantasies.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#514512 Feb 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 3:1-2,6-8
“‘If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife,
will he return to her ? Would not that land be greatly polluted ? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me ? says the Lord. Lift up your eyes to the bare heights, and see ! Where have you not been lain with ? By the waysides you have sat awaiting lovers like an Arab in the wilderness. You have polluted the land with your vile harlotry…’
(6) The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah:‘Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the harlot ? And I thought,“After she has done all this she will return to me;” but she did not return, and her false sister Judah saw it. She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce; yet her false sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot.’”
And yet Jesus,came,....unto the,children of Israel...

He gave salvation to the,Samaritans woman

He,will return into Israel..

There,will be,a,Saved,remnant .....so it seems,the,divorce is,not final as,your Church seems,to think ...although maybe not any more,with the,last pipes,at least wanting a,presence there,...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514513 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't ?? They used to be,from what I learned
They were,barred from the,sacraments...what else,is,excommunication..
Yet the,Monarchs,killing Jews,..taking their property ..in some cases,giving it to the,Church ....they received,communion so do Biden and,Pelosi ..
The moment protestants founded their own communities in the reformation they killed Jews and Catholics and other Christians and took property (Catholic Churches) just as brutally if not more so than the Church did, so don't use that argument. They also, until a few years ago, taught the same about artificial contraception and divorce/remarriage.

But not any more. Even the mainstream protestant communities are saying abortion is ok. They all say it's their prerogative to privately interpret scripture so they can be their own authority. As long as their consciences are clear right Rose?
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514514 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the,Monarchs,killing Jews,..taking their property ..in some cases,giving it to the,Church ....they received,communion ..
The church fathers taught that it wasn't a sin to kill Jews, as Jesus WANTED them slayed.

Those in the Catholic church that killed Jews that would not convert to Catholicism were given sainthood and martyrdom by the church fathers.

Martin Luther also hated the Jews, and believed they were offenders of "Jesus."
truth

Willetton, Australia

#514515 Feb 12, 2014
satanic corupt organization on invisible way do as they doing..

what is most value that they declare every person who find out who they are mental or belonging never belong to them

crime

se krivikletnici lupezi..50 cents false documents

50 cents people go out from home which belong years now not any more..
deceivers and possessors=crime
liars upon liars..Lucifer policy

politician and authority are very proud tv and so on some

see that your church which you liked transited on others.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#514516 Feb 12, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, thief.
Facts snake....

Proof that you are a lying snake....here is what I said: I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514517 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Jesus,came,....unto the,children of Israel...
Israel (until 1948) did not mean a an earthly state.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Israel is a Biblical given name. The patriarch Jacob was given the name Israel (Hebrew: &#1497;&#1460;&#15 13;&#1456;&#1474;& #1512;&#1464;&#1488; &#1461;&#1500;, Standard Yisra&#702;el Tiberian Yi&#347;r&#257;&#7 02;&#275;l; "Triumphant with God", "who prevails with God"[1]) after he wrestled with the angel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_ (name)
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514518 Feb 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...
Preachers KNOW best. It's just too bad they never agree.

:)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#514519 Feb 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts snake....
Proof that you are a lying snake....here is what I said: I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever
You're pretending.

Ellipsis. Look it up, thief.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514520 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected as,I said..I know I had been taught that ...but that was,in the,sixties,..
Still the annulment ..
All man's,law,..which can change .even in your Church ...f I mal authority till it changes,..or one pays,for an annulment ..etc
Each person to Jesus,...still my best and constant answer to your original question..
You do know that not everyone who applies for an annulment is granted one....don't you?
Well, now you do! There are many people who are denied, so that pretty much puts an end to your "pays for an annulment" (non-)argument.
In any case, it really doesn't speak to the original question so I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up other than trying to be spiteful. It's irrelevant and, as I've shown, inaccurate.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#514521 Feb 12, 2014
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization

Which try ruin and destroy every person and every family much more.

Its divided and destroy not conflict of interest.

50 cents false documents and false accusers..
Anthony MN

United States

#514522 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the annulment ..
We can't change God's commandments
truth

Willetton, Australia

#514523 Feb 12, 2014
Who liked took your rights?
see
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
To ruin every person family and much more.

You can read now on very nice describe way.

If you used ordinary language as very bad pronouncement then as dived you can find much more who liked be very nice on some way try cover up many many many non-worthy things even deadly crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Double Fine 36,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min ffj 988,400
How did black people get here ( economically) 4 hr Johnny 58
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
We do NOT need any walls! 20 hr Johnny 31
More from around the web