Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665349 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513771 Feb 9, 2014
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#513772 Feb 9, 2014
who="henry" <quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church is a big liar nothing else.

----------
Must be June's alter-ego acting up...
K<

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513773 Feb 9, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
"Walking Up The King's Highway"
What a DREAM! You and Protestantized Jesus, walking side by side, arm in arm.

#513774 Feb 9, 2014
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513775 Feb 9, 2014
Jer_6:16 Thus saith the LORD,.
You forgot to hook that word Jehovah on the end.

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#513776 Feb 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at it this way: The Catholic Church is a world wide family. We have the same Father and Mother (Mary), as well as our earthly spiritual father (Pope Francis); we share in the same meal (Eucharist) and read the same scripture.
My point is....how would you react if someone was spreading trash about your Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters? Because thats what you do and you know it. You dig literal gossip out of the trash bins, trying to smear my family with it. I'm sorry, but you won't get any kind words from me. Overall, every Catholic on here does a remarkable job holding back. Really, people like you try to get under our skin and 95% of the time it doesn't work. I've said this before: I have never been so convinced I'm in the correct Church then when I came across you and the other bigots. Obviously something makes you fearful of our faith. you wouldn't be this obsessed with us if we weren't a threat to your psych. I'm sure retirement is little difficult with that constant reminder of the pillar and foundation of truth?
Sorry pal, but the Coptic Christians in Egypt have it much worse than you.
It is just plain absurd for believers of the richest and most powerful religion on the planet to constantly be whining and playing the victims.
This board is about the foolish wording coined by former Pope, who resigned in disgrace. Yes, THE church covered up child abuse - from top to bottom. The 'only' claim is absurd and an affront to any moral, ethical God.
My God says if you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.
Ramen

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513777 Feb 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I suggest...all you are,doing is,keeping this,conversation old...
I agree! Let's converse about your story of how Jesus came to save you and will reject only others to hell.

Is that story more fun for "you?"

#513778 Feb 9, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
No religion heals,anything Michael.
JESUS CHRIST ...OUR,SAVIUIR can heal whatever wounds,your heart ...not anything made or run by humans.
You know,this,is,what True,Christians,believe,...
Remember Jesus,in the,temple ..chasing those,who had,USED the,House,of His,Father wrongly ..
He spoke,to hearts a nd,souls,...not institutions,..

----------
I wonder if he knows that the Hebrew dictionary defines salvation as VICTORY, DELIVERANCE, PROSPERITY and WELFARE? And does he know that the Hebrew word for salvation is YESHUA/JESUS?

KayMarie

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513779 Feb 9, 2014
who="henry" <quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church is a big liar nothing else.
----------
Must be June's alter-ego acting up...
K<
Don't blame the image of the Catholicized or Protestantized god on me.

I had no part in creating your illusions.

May they some day die from lack of use and rest in their individual pieces.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#513780 Feb 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were the worst. I said Hojo, then you, then Husker.....
You should be happy, you aren't the worst. Your 2nd.
Good thing your opinion of me doesn't matter.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513781 Feb 9, 2014
the beginning of the creation of God;
I agree that men created the gods. But which men is the question?

You people in your "off" time ought to play the game of count the gods.

That would keep you entertained ... BIG TIME.

#513782 Feb 9, 2014
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that

NOTE
they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

~~~~~~~~~~

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love,

joy,

peace,

longsuffering,

gentleness,

goodness,

faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness,

temperance:

against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory,

provoking one another, envying one another.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#513783 Feb 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you had problems and confusion in your life.
... I have always been positive and happy, no darkness in my life . I know that bothers you.
Sorry, I am not C.S. Lewis, and I can see you are always positive in your condemnation and discontent which is apparently confusion and darkness in your life. I know that bothers you. So do tell is there any God or a possibility of a God? Please do give your clear and irrefutable opinion from the utopia within your mind which you live on the secret to the universal peace and contentment for all in your perfection.. I;m quite certain you are happy with my answer and will shine the light upon the world with the final solution.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513784 Feb 9, 2014
It was an amazing feat when the Jews did away with all those other gods created by other men in earlier religions and declared that henceforth all the gods would be "lumped" into one.

Miracles such as that one don't occur every day.

#513785 Feb 9, 2014
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Be not deceived:

neither fornicators,

nor idolaters,

nor adulterers,

nor effeminate,

nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor thieves,

nor covetous,

nor drunkards,

nor revilers,

nor extortioners,

shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not,

that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,

his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death,

or of obedience unto righteousness?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513786 Feb 9, 2014
You keep forgetting to post scriptures that make YOU appear as evil.

I guess maybe some Catholics will have to post other scriptures that lead you on the right path.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513787 Feb 9, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
which is apparently confusion and darkness in your life.
I suggest that you be careful your brightly lit pathway of illusion doesn't finish the job it started of blinding you.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513788 Feb 9, 2014
Study ancient texts and pick your mental poison.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Sumerian tradition

It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.

http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html

Fort Saint John, Canada

#513789 Feb 9, 2014
Why any group of believers would desire to believe they are special to a god or gods is not a mystery to me.

I suggest that all humans like to be the center of attention ... IF the attention is good!

If the attention is not good ... that is a different story entirely.

#513790 Feb 9, 2014
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself.

If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

WHAT' S WRITTEN ON YOUR HEART?..

IS IT RIGHT WITH GOD?

Have thy affections been nailed to the cross?
Is thy heart right with God?
Dost thou count all things for Jesus but loss?
Refrain:
Is thy heart right with God,
Washed in the crimson flood,
Cleansed and made holy, humble and lowly,
Right in the sight of God?
Hast thou dominion o’er self and o’er sin?
Over all evil without and within?
Is there no more condemnation for sin?
Does Jesus rule in the temple within?
Are all thy pow’rs under Jesus’ control?
Does He each moment abide in thy soul?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 min Truthiness 569
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 min Buck Crick 143
Thomas Jefferson said that Jesus NEVER existed! 10 min Buck Crick 24
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 11 min Knock off purse s... 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Thinking 88,158
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 32 min Neville Thompson 963
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Ricky F 184,736
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 284,568
More from around the web