Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,693
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#513257 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Word games is all it is.
ALL religion is based on word games.

Yours is nothing special.

Prince George, Canada

#513258 Feb 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think Jesus,wanted ANYONE SLAYED.....And certainly NOT in His,name..
That is the basis OF the Christian religion.

If you don't believe it, you are not a died in the wool Christian.

That is why the Catholic church fathers LOVED "Jesus." They taught that he was the first WISE Jew to stop being a Rabbi ... and in turn join the Catholics.

If you don't see their devious PLOT, it's because you don't WANT to see.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#513259 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians do not celebrate the Sabbath. Christians celebrate the Lord's Day, the Day of Resurrection, Sunday. You are dreaming up a scenario which has no basis in fact.
You seem to like reading novels that take place during biblical times. That's fine, Rose, but it sounds like you're starting to mistake them for reality. Novels are fiction. While pleasant, you should not be informing your faith from them.
When you make erroneous claims and are corrected, you should then stop making the claims, not continue making them like a petulant child who has to have her way come hell or high water. You can stamp your feet all you want...it still doesn't make the Sunday Liturgy anything but the SUNDAY Liturgy, an observance of the Lord's Day, the Day of Resurrection.
Didn't Jesus observe the sabbath and worship on the sabbath? The bible says so.

Jesus NEVER observed or celebrated anything on Sundays. It wasn't his tradition or belief.

Christianity created all these stories and squeezed all the Jewish customs and traditions out of him.

Prince George, Canada

#513260 Feb 8, 2014
For the first centuries Catholic confession was a public "affair."

Later the Catholic theologians taught that confession had to be in private.

And it was at that time they taught that Jesus (in spirit-form)was in the private confessionals with the priests forgiving the Catholics of their "sins."

What a lot of silly nonsense!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#513261 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis on the cover of ROLLING STONE magazine. Catholic times are a changin'
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20781...
Yes I bought a copy. Rolling Stone is notoriously anti religion. Very very liberal secularist. Weird, since its supposed to be a rock n roll music magazine. Its very political and they try to be influential at it.
However, I found the article pretty decent. They of course took swipes at the Church's teachings on morals, as expected. But they were very fair to Pope Francis. There are too many lobbyist in the Church. Some Bishops don't represent Christianity very well. Francis is actually what most Priests and Bishops are like. That's the truth. We only hear of the bad ones. Bishop Piche in my hometown, is just like Francis. Small apartment, plain vehicle. He's very very humbled.

Prince George, Canada

#513262 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus NEVER observed or celebrated anything on Sundays. It wasn't his tradition or belief.
Christianity created all these stories and squeezed all the Jewish customs and traditions out of him.
The ex-Jew Catholic church fathers had the immediate desire to spin Judaism off into a religion totally foreign to Judaism.

And they pretended that Jesus supported their every MOVE.

They made that VERY plain when they stated that the Jews were the enemies of Jesus, and that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.

"Judaizing disease" was another Catholic trick of dogma. It was to create the idea that anything Jew was rabid and offensive to the new image of God that they in turn refused to refer to as Elohim.

They were criminals ... plain and simple!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#513263 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually He died and rose on Sunday. So yes, He did observe and celebrate something on Sunday, His resurrection.

Prince George, Canada

#513264 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rolling Stone is notoriously anti religion. Very very liberal secularist.
Except for your own Catholic cult ... YOU are anti-religious.

THINK about it!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513265 Feb 8, 2014
Rose - You're trying to tell the Catholics here that you know better than we do what and why we believe and practice what we do. We know our faith. It sounds as if your Catholic relatives and acquaintances do not, and you're projecting that onto the rest of us.

Your opinion is not fact, yet you try with all your might to advance it as such. You especially dig in your heels after one of us has corrected you. Then you try to cover it up by saying we don't know what's in people's hearts. That isn't the point. The faith is the faith. If someone in the pew is not properly catechized, that's unfortunate, but it does not affect doctrine, dogma, or practice. You're trying to say that it does.

This is not the only time you've done this. It's a pretty regular routine for you and it's getting very old. This is the tragedy of protestantism. It has subjected the tenets of Christianity to the whim and imagination of anyone who wants to take a stab at them. THAT is why there are over 40k different protestant sects. Protestantism is considered a heresy by both the Orthodox and Catholics. You don't understand who and what you're opposing.

It would certainly be best if you confined your comments to your personal, individual, protestant beliefs and leave the Church out of it.

Prince George, Canada

#513266 Feb 8, 2014
According to the Catholic church fathers Elohim, who first loved only the Jews as his chosen few, changed his mind, and in a flash of inspiration sent Jesus to earth to first train as a Jewish Rabbi before becoming "enlightened" to Catholicism by John the Baptist and his enlightened lot of devout Catholics.

Ridiculous blather.

Prince George, Canada

#513267 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually He died and rose on Sunday. So yes, He did observe and celebrate something on Sunday, His resurrection.
According to you did Jesus die on the cross as a Catholic or a Jewish Rabbi???

I'll bet you won't answer this question.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513268 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism, not the abolishment of it. The New Covenant fulfills the Old. It could rightly be said that Jesus is still a Jew...but I know how that will be twisted and turned on this board, so I won't even go there. Christians, however, follow Christ, the New Covenant, so we're no longer under the law (Judaism). We follow the faith once given.

In the OT, as long as one believed in the Messiah to come, it could be said that Judaism was the one true faith. With the coming of Christ, the New Covenant, it is now Christianity, and the church He established is the one true church. That doesn't mean people of other faiths are evil or bad.

Prince George, Canada

#513269 Feb 8, 2014
I feel somewhat a kin to Mrs. Brown. "Tink about it Son."

:)

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513270 Feb 8, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh No! She was just asking. lol She rejects grace, she doesn;t get it and she doesn't want to get it. Her opinion on those who hold to the Sabbath she rejects, but as a Baptist authority she can believe as she chooses fine, but assigning her convoluted notions as the teachings of the Church and why is another matter. However we must remember she was taught by some Nuns. She may even have a flashback of a movie she thinks she might have seen. She Knows! lol . You are talking to people who read articles in the Onion as the gospel.truth. Its all good. ;0
LOL...you're right! I don't even know why I bother. Still, no one likes to see their beliefs misrepresented.....and is there ever a lot of that going on around here! And then they insist on it and get nasty on top of it all! The bird actually mocked Christ and they respect him for it. Does that mean we can now start calling them non-Christians? It certainly seems like we can! Okay, sounds good to me. And I don't want to hear them crying the blues when we do.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513271 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he did not equate it with daily Mass. I read his post; you're the one who did that, not him.
I'll say it again....Saturday Evening Mass is the Sunday Liturgy:
The liturgical day runs from midnight to midnight, but the observance of SUNDAY and solemnities BEGINS WITH THE EVENING OF THE PRECEDING DAY.
It has nothing to do with the Sabbath. Christians do not observe the Sabbath. While Christians recognize and acknowledge that the OT Sabbath is on Saturday, we DO NOT observe it. Christians observe the Lord's Day, which is the day of Resurrection, which is Sunday. This practice started with the Apostles!
The Lords Day is Sunday the day of the Resurrection. So why do Catholics go to church on Saturday. Saturday is Saturday not the Lords Day.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513272 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you expect them to be nice to you ... first???
:)
No, I certainly don't. What is "first? There IS no respectful discourse possible with some of these ingrates on any level whatsoever. Even those who are a member of the religion are used to the immediate advantage, then attacked and abused, and spit out in the ditch...only to be picked back up in number when they might be "usable" once again for the next eradication of the imagined "enemy". No different than the vile perpetrators of the inquisitions.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513273 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I bought a copy. Rolling Stone is notoriously anti religion. Very very liberal secularist. Weird, since its supposed to be a rock n roll music magazine. Its very political and they try to be influential at it.
However, I found the article pretty decent. They of course took swipes at the Church's teachings on morals, as expected. But they were very fair to Pope Francis. There are too many lobbyist in the Church. Some Bishops don't represent Christianity very well. Francis is actually what most Priests and Bishops are like. That's the truth. We only hear of the bad ones. Bishop Piche in my hometown, is just like Francis. Small apartment, plain vehicle. He's very very humbled.
I heard Time Magazine wants their "Person of the Year" award back because they found out the Pope doesn't approve of same-sex adoption. They found out the Pope is Catholic!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513274 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday night worship counting for Sunday worship began in the late 60s because many catholics couldn't get up Sunday morning because Malls started becoming popular and young people were heading there instead of church. Other Catholics couldn't get up Sunday morning because of their hangovers from the night before.
Saturday night masses became folk masses to snag the young.
Today across america the vast majority of young catholics don't go to mass at all. The pew research center and CARA state that.
makes sense to me..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#513275 Feb 8, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh No! She was just asking. lol She rejects grace, she doesn;t get it and she doesn't want to get it. Her opinion on those who hold to the Sabbath she rejects, but as a Baptist authority she can believe as she chooses fine, but assigning her convoluted notions as the teachings of the Church and why is another matter. However we must remember she was taught by some Nuns. She may even have a flashback of a movie she thinks she might have seen. She Knows! lol . You are talking to people who read articles in the Onion as the gospel.truth. Its all good. ;0
Ridicule counts for absolutely nothing in intelligent argument.

How does one prove their rightful possession as Defender of Christ and the Catholic Church by coming to a blog and attacking a couple people? Is this blog where the true battles for Christ is being fought. Or is it in your souls' battles with pride, wrath,etc.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513276 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Imagine referring to others as "heretics" in this modern era.
It proves that history simply repeats itself, as humans that believe they know truth keep on fighting the same fight.
Well, just imagine that. WOW is right. The very same word that is used to condemn me is just as effective against the accuser...and that shows the heresy of the same ones who use that written word against others. And YOU are not innocent of the very same tactics either.
Fair is fair.
Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 797,233
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Just Wondering 607,266
Superbowl Prediction: Patriots 28 Seahawks 26 21 min not a fan 6
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 23 min Madre68 15
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min AN NFL FAN 120,786
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Rick in Kansas 267,629
The movements of O.J. Simpson on the night of J... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 11
Scientific proof for God's existence 13 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web