Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,769)

Showing posts 495,361 - 495,380 of530,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina, Jesus said you must be born again to see the kingdom of heaven and the members of the kingdom of heaven is the 'Church'.
Catholic church fathers were very handy with their pens.

The Muslims also take it for granted that what men wrote in the Qur'an was inspired by the same one and only Abrahamic God.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Husker wrote:
<quoted text> The opening ceremony was wonderful, I love Russian music/art. Yes, she can get real nasty. I also notice she loves to play victim.
How sad that you have nobody to talk to at home and have to come on here to talk nonsense about the Caucasian games for the rich.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no wonder you don't actually want the masses to read what the words have to say, even after raping and destroying most of what was written by contemporary writers of the time.
Whatever was written at any time was "opinion" of what the fantasies within the preferential religions meant to the believers.

Your theories are no doubt special to you, just as other people's theories were and are special to them.

We are "all" dumb by what we DON'T know.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can laugh all you want dust. You are a fool and a heretic. Try actually "reading" your bible for a change.
WOW! Imagine referring to others as "heretics" in this modern era.

It proves that history simply repeats itself, as humans that believe they know truth keep on fighting the same fight.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
The catholic church is the true church that Christ found and the catholic church gave us the Bible.....
Why do you believe that the Catholic church fathers wrote truth and the Jews that claimed they were Elohim's chosen few ... did not write truth???

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
In a nut shell: you just wrote your own "Apostles creed". Thats exactly what it sounds like.
That website (which I got from Anthony a while back) "shocked" you so much you're going to ignore it? That's not right, Rose. You can't act like its untrue just because you finally heard it. This teaching dates back to the Apostles, what makes you think you have the authority to re-define it?
For you to say God "used the reformation" is unbelievable. Protestantism has introduced one lie after another. It flourished because it lied about the Catholic faith. You think God did that?? Wow.
God made some use out of the anarchy you guys started, no doubt. I believe anyone who seeks Him sincerely will find Him. But what troubles me, is that you know its been proven that the reformers undid the word of God; undid the Eucharist; undid the Sacraments. Yet you ignore this? The arrogance I tell ya!
You all seem to think I am trying to convince you to change,I'm nit..I just don't agree

I recite,..so do many other,Churches...the,Nicene,cr eed,most of which has,to do as,it SHOUKD with THE,TRINITY...the sacrifice of Jesus and His,resurrection as,we,are to SPEAK with our mouths.
GOD IS,MOST IMPORTANT not our denomination...nor non denomination..
Some wonderful churches hAve no denomination...that's,great .

Catholic not only refers,to the CC but to the universal body of believers...the,bride of Christ ..

I personally do not believe at least some,of you'd,popes were inspired in their election by the HOLY Spirit. But by politics...And you know those,men were not godly...the Holy Spirit does,NOT make mistakes...why would one,pope dig up the body of another put it on trial ..if he thought that pope was,inspired in his,election by the HOLY Spirit...the Borgia,pipe was,most certainly not godly ...therefore not Peters successor ...just a couple of examples..
Therefore any succession was,lost long ago as,it is,spiritual and not all popes,were,...IMO.

But I still think Christ did not want a,High Priest o r POPE,anyway...

Have you folks,known some great men who are popes...absolutely...a,product of the Reformation in your Church....which was started centuries ago by the Reformation used by God to spread HIS,word And help your Church in the,process..

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Every religious poster on this forum goes back to their favorite ancient religious authors and defends that what they posted was absolute truth.

You don’t realize the games you play with your own mentalities.

I suggest that concerning religion … NONE of the ancient peoples wrote truth. All they had in their “possession” was fantasy.

Once you get THAT into your heads, you will stop defending your own treasured ancient myths as being anything more than myths.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You all seem to think I am trying to convince you to change,I'm nit..I just don't agree
I recite,..so do many other,Churches...the,Nicene,cr eed,most of which has,to do as,it SHOUKD with THE,TRINITY...the sacrifice of Jesus and His,resurrection as,we,are to SPEAK with our mouths.
GOD IS,MOST IMPORTANT not our denomination...nor non denomination..
Some wonderful churches hAve no denomination...that's,great .
Catholic not only refers,to the CC but to the universal body of believers...the,bride of Christ ..
I personally do not believe at least some,of you'd,popes were inspired in their election by the HOLY Spirit. But by politics...And you know those,men were not godly...the Holy Spirit does,NOT make mistakes...why would one,pope dig up the body of another put it on trial ..if he thought that pope was,inspired in his,election by the HOLY Spirit...the Borgia,pipe was,most certainly not godly ...therefore not Peters successor ...just a couple of examples..
Therefore any succession was,lost long ago as,it is,spiritual and not all popes,were,...IMO.
But I still think Christ did not want a,High Priest o r POPE,anyway...
Have you folks,known some great men who are popes...absolutely...a,product of the Reformation in your Church....which was started centuries ago by the Reformation used by God to spread HIS,word And help your Church in the,process..
If you had been born a Muslim, you would be preaching that the Mahdi will be coming soon to rescue the saved Muslims.

You can't learn anything new, while you keep preaching what is STALE and still of high value in your own brain.

As long as you are certain you know truth ... it will keep blocking you to the new and refreshing idea that what you perceive is truth is simply a concept of truth.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

When I was still under the spell of religion, I believed that everyone would be allowed back with the creator.

I couldn't fathom a creator that would favor arrogant believers that were certain their own religion was special.

Do you honestly believe that if a creator exists, it values you believing that others will be short-changed and not receive love ... while you WILL receive all the love for your selves.

Do you choose to continue on that revolting path???

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

When I thought of all the animals that existed before humans, that in turn did nothing to offend a creator, yet were subjected to nothing but suffering ... I could no longer believe that a creator would have any part whatsoever in such a plan.

If I am wrong, and a creator does exist ... I might indeed be punished for not believing … but at least while I am on earth, I have respect for my own belief, in that I will not believe in a monster-creator because of fear.

I will die with dignity in the belief that no creator exists … period!

And THAT is free will in action.
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Clay...this,is,the very site,I've referred to before. That actually shocked me ..
I know,you all believe this..
Good for you ...seriously.
I've gone,on about the,New,Israel thing...
There is,ONE ISRAEL.
I BELIEVE, Jesus,did NOT say rebuild a,Temple,nor a temple system with a high priest.
There is,only one High priest...That is,Jesus,Christ.
Did God use your temple system to spread HIS,word...most definitely ...but it strayed,into the business,of kings, with a Caesar at its,head,who mingled in their doings,and allowed great wrongs,...
But He also used the,Reformation..
And it eventually REFORMED your Church..thank God for your sake ...your Church today is,not that Church of the MIDDLE ages..
I believe,He,uses,disciples,wher e He finds,there,hearts.
This,the,work of the,HOLY Spirit.
I believe you folks,truly love God...to you as,far as,I can tell there,is,no Jesus,without your Church.
I do not believe that way ...I believe in Jesus,Christ as,my Lord And Saviuir ...in or out of any Church ...
We,disagree..this,forum has,shown me how,much. I did not think so at first. I do now,and that's,sad
Are,we,all His,disciples..I hope,so..but the Church is,the,body of Christ's,believers,..be they worshipping on Sunday or Saturday as,Sabbath...as,long as,they are,born again into belief in Christ as,Saviour ..Born in Spirit ...yes,baptized,if possible,...
Christ looks,at our hearts,Clay.
He,looked into the,eyes,of the,people..give them two commandments,.
Sadly we,ALL HERE,break the,second one,weekly..WE are,to forgive seven times,seven and LOVE ONE another . We Do Not
I forgive the name calling..of myself ..And it's,hard..
I am not anti Catholic..I believe you all should worship as,you were,taught and believe as,long as,Jesus,Not your religion c o me s,first..Only you can answer this,FOR YOURSELVES,...
I actually try to point out things,to agree,on..sadly no one ever does.
Such as,WHY does,He,love us,so much to suffer..become full of our Sin as,prophesied .
on that Cross..suffer our punishment ..why...what's,so special HE,wants,US,for company in heaven..
As,I said...I look at my grandchildren and children and get an inkling of why ...how much more...despite,our squabbling..He,loves,us.
In the end HE WILL SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES,CLAY ...I think many of us,will be surprised...by many things...
The Rebuilding of the Temple
In this day we find many sects and denominations looking for the re-building of a temple in Jerusalem with great anticipation. Why any Christian would welcome such a thing is beyond me. If animals are again sacrificed in a temple in Jerusalem, would not the blood of every calf, lamb or goat sacrificed be a denial of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the cross?(Hebrews 10:10) Is not the denial of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus the very spirit of the antichrist?

In Matthew 24:2, Jesus prophesies about the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Jesus says nothing about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. It is true that Jesus said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19) However, Jesus was speaking of His Body, which is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.(John 2:21)

The prophesy of the destruction of the Temple came about in 70 AD with the siege of Vespasian. There were a few stones left of the foundation left. Later, Emperor Julian the Apostate attempted to discredit the prophesy of Our Divine Lord Jesus Christ by ordering the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. Jews from all over the Roman Empire supported the task with great zeal and huge amounts of gold and silver. The task was accompanied by great scorn for the Christians in the empire, who believed that the Temple was not to be rebuilt. In order to provide a foundation for the "new temple" the final stones left of the old foundation were cleared away, completing the prophecy of Jesus.
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

The Rebuilding of the Temple
In this day we find many sects and denominations looking for the re-building of a temple in Jerusalem with great anticipation. Why any Christian would welcome such a thing is beyond me. If animals are again sacrificed in a temple in Jerusalem, would not the blood of every calf, lamb or goat sacrificed be a denial of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ upon the cross?(Hebrews 10:10) Is not the denial of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus the very spirit of the antichrist?

In Matthew 24:2, Jesus prophesies about the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Jesus says nothing about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. It is true that Jesus said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (John 2:19) However, Jesus was speaking of His Body, which is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.(John 2:21)

The prophesy of the destruction of the Temple came about in 70 AD with the siege of Vespasian. There were a few stones left of the foundation left. Later, Emperor Julian the Apostate attempted to discredit the prophesy of Our Divine Lord Jesus Christ by ordering the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. Jews from all over the Roman Empire supported the task with great zeal and huge amounts of gold and silver. The task was accompanied by great scorn for the Christians in the empire, who believed that the Temple was not to be rebuilt. In order to provide a foundation for the "new temple" the final stones left of the old foundation were cleared away, completing the prophecy of Jesus.

As they began the re-building, earthquakes broke out all over the temple mount, halting the effort. When the earthquakes subsided, they attempted to begin again. As they approached the foundations, balls of blue fire exploded from the ground burning many of the workmen. Finally the effort was abandoned without laying a single stone of the new temple.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Stephen Hawking used to entertain the idea that a creator existed.

Now he seems to believe that the universe was not created ... but that it all came about with a big bang.

Had he been a theologian ... he would not move past the idea that there is no creator, as that would be the end of his job.

Do you see the difference???

The pope will never entertain the idea that a god does not exist ... because he CAN'T.

He put him self in that box ... and to appear at all credible ... there he must stay.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read several times,since it was,posted..I disagree.
It's,wrong about New,Israel. And that I believe...the,apostles DID NOT SAY BUILD A,NEW,TEMPLE IN ROME.....ever...Jesus,did not say build,a,New,temple,either ..
He called for no high priest or pope,...
We,have,no high priest but Jesus..
You are,free,to worship as,you wish...
I do not agree,nor believe the things,you believe about the,RCC..
I believe,as,you do the, rest of the,creed,..regarding Father..Son and,Spirit..
.but I believe the catholic church in the creed is,the universal catholic Church..the body of believers...
you need to look at what actually happened with his ministry. People in your sects are fearful of the truth. You desperately wanna believe it all went down like you claim...'the Apostles handed out some of their writings and folks hand copied them for others, and they all interpreted scripture!"
There is absolutely zero evidence of this.

However, there IS evidence that Jesus gave Peter the keys; Peter set the Church up in Antioch and Rome with Paul, he ordained Clement and Ignatius...Andrew established the Universal Church in Greece and Ukraine. Thomas in Asia and India; Bartholomew and Jude in Armenia and Syria..
All the Apostles were in communion with the Bishop of Rome. When Peter spoke, they listened. The next generation continued this obedient hierarchy. That's how truth was conveyed.
Any notion that God broke up this continuity is pure fantasy and lacks serious faith in Jesus Christ.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this site interesting: Look at the photo at the top of the page, then scroll down to the bottom and look at that photo. Then read everything in between and I know you'll get it.
www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthenewisrae...
Excellent site Clay!-------Unfortunately, Protestant "fundies" probably won't take time to read this because it doesn't fit their man-made bible only anti-catholic agenda.---Their "rejection" of the TRUTH of over 1500 years of the TRUE interpretation of the bible is "so ingrained"in their Protestant hostile minds, hearts and souls, that the only thing that bible only "fundies" (Live each day for" is to attack the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, because their "personal opinionated" bible only (contradicting beliefs CANNOT stand on its own beliefs without attacking JesusChrist HIMSELF and His One True Catholic faith!-------EVERY bible only Protestant on this forum, has proven this to be true
over and over and over again!

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Husker wrote:
<quoted text> The Rebuilding of the Temple
Your GAME is to defend the dogmas in your religion that you believe are approved by the Abrahamic God.

But the Jews had a different story that came before your story. And it stated that the one Abrahamic God chose the Jews as his favorite few.

Do you believe the God lied???

My guess is ... you DO.

After all ... he couldn't love the Jews as his chosen few and also love the Catholics as his chosen few ... COULD he???

If you choose to keep on dwelling in and regurgitating lies ... it is your choice!
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read several times,since it was,posted..I disagree.
It's,wrong about New,Israel. And that I believe...the,apostles DID NOT SAY BUILD A,NEW,TEMPLE IN ROME.....ever...Jesus,did not say build,a,New,temple,either ..
He called for no high priest or pope,...
We,have,no high priest but Jesus..
You are,free,to worship as,you wish...
I do not agree,nor believe the things,you believe about the,RCC..
I believe,as,you do the, rest of the,creed,..regarding Father..Son and,Spirit..
.but I believe the catholic church in the creed is,the universal catholic Church..the body of believers...
Christ calls many young people to serve Him, become priests and nuns and other religious. Where do you get the idea He doesn't?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to look at what actually happened with his ministry. People in your sects are fearful of the truth.
You have a CONCEPT of truth in your POSSESSION.

Do you honestly believe that a creator was in dire NEED of your specific religion to preach truth?

REALLY?

That has been the belief of every religious devotee to his/her own cult since religion began it's long and obnoxious journey.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

To admit that one has a belief that might not be truth is to humble the self.

To claim to know truth is to put self on a pedestal.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So Catholics,who go to Church Saturday evening are,Not fulfilling the day of worship...I though t that was the,point ...???
Will have to tell my friends,who do so..
They most certainly are fulfilling their Sunday obligation. Didn't you read my many posts explaining this to you?? You're jumping to conclusions again. Liam said no such thing, so please stop it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 495,361 - 495,380 of530,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

534 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 717,236
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 223,337
convert x to dvd 4 with serial key free downloa... (Nov '12) 23 min nat 2
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 23 min Flower-Child 53,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min who 255,782
Strapon 40 min Tightspl 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 46 min scirocco 114,704
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min Rider on the Storm 171,522
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 10 hr aalw 110