Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683628 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#513531 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can ... but can you???
Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross confessing that he was still faithful to Judaism and the Jews?
Yes or no???
BOOM NAKANAKA NAKA BOOM NAKANAQKAUNKA

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#513532 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. We could start a cartoon strip with such knowledge.
It's a hoot.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513533 Feb 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray I do It daily...as, I know,you both do..
I
yes we do and much more lately....
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#513534 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't negate the fact that you never even bothered to read and learn enough to make a valid decision concerning your own religion---or argue it's attributes with any competent adversary in any direction....and yet hare you are spewing ignorance and uneducated rhetoric at others who have actually taken the time and effort to know the information you spent 70 years NOT utilizing. That makes you a fool of your own folly.
I've studied religion most all my life.

Just because I disagree with your perceptions doesn't mean that your perceptions are based on truth. After all, you disagree with the Christians on this forum and they believe they know more about their own religions than do you ... especially since you claim you are not even a gnostic Christian.

What you are is anybody's guess, as you don't even to know.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513535 Feb 8, 2014
even SEEM to know

Location hidden

#513536 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it feel knowing that your opinion of her means nothing in God's eyes?
no ones opinion means nothing in Gods eyes. God is All knowing and All seeing. he doesn't need anyones opinions.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513537 Feb 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray I do It daily...as, I know,you both do..
I
Good, you should pray every day. As St. Francis de Sales said, you should pray half an hour each day...unless you're busy...then you should pray for an hour.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#513538 Feb 8, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes sense for members of any one church/denomination to all observe the same day of the week as the Sabbath, no matter what you call the day. On this we can agree.
Agree an d this,all started because,I said ,i think it's,great CATHOLUCS,e Saturday evening services,as,well as,Sunday.

Most I'm.sure go for convenience or be c a use TH we or family or friends,do...I do still believe some feel they are honoring the traditional Sabbath ...others,disagree ..

T)e,important thing is,worshipping God..
truth

Perth, Australia

#513539 Feb 8, 2014
my hands my lags my body my mind
its been on cross INRI

neka ti moja muka bude na pameti i u dushi

first i see neglected graveyards as long casket but everything in ground ohhhhhhh
otvori se grob

grave is open
i see tall person in
yee
i see not to much moving its move..
when start move i see huge around bomb jee then i see more inside bones yee oh
its empty neglected place looks like that

sveti kriz i sveta muka
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513540 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why one needs to find at least 3 independent sources for a preliminary consideration of veracity.
"Independent sources???"

How funny.

The trick is to just find sources that agree with your own opinions, and that puts a clincher on the deal and means you are for sure RIGHT about your own opinion.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513541 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
How many devout catholics here maybe 5 or.6??
Less than 2% of roman catholics in america attend daily mass. 98% have other interests.
You don't have to be christian to be good. Only 23% of the world is christian and the majority of the 23% don't follow their church doctrines or practice their faith.
The trick of the trade is, you are devout if you "sin" and then go confess your sins so Jesus can forgive them.

See how simple it is???

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513542 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you believe. I am not attempting to convince you of anything, and what you believe is irrelevant to me.
Fibber. If you didn't care you wouldn't keep arguing your supposed points and trying to put me in what you believe is my "place."

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#513543 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've studied religion most all my life.
Just because I disagree with your perceptions doesn't mean that your perceptions are based on truth. After all, you disagree with the Christians on this forum and they believe they know more about their own religions than do you ... especially since you claim you are not even a gnostic Christian.
What you are is anybody's guess, as you don't even to know.
He is correct.

You are poorly educated about the Christian faith.

Location hidden

#513544 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
In a very real sense, yes (not a free for all). When one member of the Body of Christ sins, we are all affected by it. When one member is attacked, we are all attacked. When one is successful, we are all successful. When one rejoices, we all rejoice. Confession, Mass, Communion are not rules; they're privileges...no, they're love. The Body and Blood of Christ is our life force, our nourishment, without Him we die. To prostrate ourselves before Him in adoration is an indescribable honor. You see rules, we see love. You see sin, we see mercy. You see relativism, we see truth.
wrong...I see it as you see it but why do you always have to end a beautiful post with a dig? You have no clue if we see rules, or sin or relativism....put yourself in my shoes and tell me what you feel....I am not trying to insult you I am trying to make you understand...it is better to be sweet than sour.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513545 Feb 8, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> ==========
I did not cast stones. I identified behaviors. Confronting a person and confronting a behavior are 2 different things.
I did not in the least disparage the Eucharist. But I disparage those who accept the sacred Eucharist and then defile it by their actions when they leave. That is disparaging the Eucharist. because Christ is not in the Eucharist. Christ is in us.Sp whatever your disposition when you receive the Eucharist should be reflected here and elsewhere
Those who receive the Eucharist without the proper disposition in their lives before are treating the Eucharist as a rule.
Where should we mail your canonization papers?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#513546 Feb 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree an d this,all started because,I said ,i think it's,great CATHOLUCS,e Saturday evening services,as,well as,Sunday.
Most I'm.sure go for convenience or be c a use TH we or family or friends,do...I do still believe some feel they are honoring the traditional Sabbath ...others,disagree ..
T)e,important thing is,worshipping God..
Agreed. Before the crazies start complaining about people choosing services on Saturday or Sunday based on convenience I'll point out that convenience always used to determine whether we went to Mass at 6 in the morning or 5 in the evening.
truth

Perth, Australia

#513547 Feb 8, 2014
after that i mediated 30-1 hour
when i mediated its going many switch off faces ye..
but constantly light appearing around

Do you see now who try deceive and posses?
catholic church teach that
Cross INRI

i been desturn and very angry yesturday
yee

after meditation i sleep first time after long time good..

yee its clean what others left to purification trough me..
did i need listen always you and others..no

then its hard except everything over life as cross..

Isus raspet umire na krizu..INRI
see how they died
you liked transform over me
then i need be alone somewhere in forest where nobody exist
yee where nobody hear nothing yee

tell me how you become honest
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513548 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some are below kindergarten level....and will always remain so....and are a liability to their religion, rather than an asset.
From one to ten, how high is your status from your own perception???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513549 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
I don't think so. Modern educated women today who read The Lady's Home Journal are about equality. The catholic church is anti female when it comes to policy making or authority positions in the church.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#513550 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you told me, Anthony...when it's one of us, it's all of us. None of us is singled out, we're all one Body, we bear each other's burdens, we share each other's joys.
That must by why when the Christians were killing each other as heretics they were bearing each other's burdens, and sharing each other's joys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Exchange 983,082
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Exchange 15,660
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 18 min Dave Matthews 4
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 56 min BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 2 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web