Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
495,281 - 495,300 of 538,463 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

How many Gods you have?

Kceri moja dite moje..neprotezi se za tudjim bogovima.

To je tvoj spas Holy cross I'N'RI?
Irrefutable Truth

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Catholics, are stupid!!! They look in a Greek lexicon for the definition of Greek words...and a Hebrew lexicon to get the definition of Hebrew words!!! Imagine that!!!!
St. Pius X Catholic Church in Ainsworth, NE - Bible
Download the Sword Project PC Bible from The CrossWire Society.... of your Bible Study tied to a specific Bible chapter, full Greek and Hebrew lexicons ... The Sword is easy to download and start using and is absolutely free to end users.... Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, Smith's Bible Dictionary, Strong's Greek and Hebrew Bible ...
That's right Oxbow! keep stickin' it to em bro!!

Hahaha, those crazy dumb down catholics I tell ya!!

Nothin' but bunch of mindless trolls,trying to back up their claims with nothing but rubbish!

Have a good one friend!!

Lol

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 66:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isaiah 66:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
It doesn't say anywhere --"It's ok if you cathaholics want to change my holy sabbath"
What it does say is all the way through the "new heavens and new earth" the sabbath will remain unchanged....and ALL flesh will worship on that day.....NOT JUST SOME OF YOU.
YOU PEOPLE ARE HERETICS.
Even saying something nice starts,an argument..

And yes the,apostles,kept the,Sabbath...they even preached,in Synagogues,...when allowed..

I don't get this,fear of anything remotely Jewish tradition on this,board...

New,Israel...WE ARE NOT KEEPING SABBATH ...

I think these,Saturday masses,WERE started,and,allowed,exactly for this,reason..
It was,not the,practice when I was,a,kid...
.maybe not....maybe it was,for convenience ......I still think it's,good ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you explain how to keep track of which day is the Sabbath once leap year was established? What about the days that were added to the calendar by design? How do you know that the Sabbath occurs on "Saturday" after days are added to the calendar?
The Jewish Sabbath day of rest, called Shabbat in Hebrew, begins on Friday evening and ends on Saturday evening....per Scripture...

And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph. And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Calculated short days and long days of months!

28 30 31 or similar
Which exact day or correction are every Saturday in year?

If going up and down please tell me why?!

As well did you realize 30 are similar correction as 1/3!

Where is 30% as Heavenly?

Did others have calender which not going as all Christians?

yep

As well why?!
Where you going put your Saturday or Sunday there?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you explain how to keep track of which day is the Sabbath once leap year was established? What about the days that were added to the calendar by design? How do you know that the Sabbath occurs on "Saturday" after days are added to the calendar?
It still boils down to scripture which is simply thrown under the bus in light of any later ideology. One established in Genesis, and confirmed in the NT....which is orders and not "suggestions". That being that the creator rested on the 7th day and reserved it as the sabbath. I gave several direct examples of the writings in it's concern...which are simply swept under the rug because it isn't convenient.
It is what it is. And if you are going to preach at others that they are heretics, then by golly you better be practicing the word yourself, or I will be glad to show ya ya aren't. Fair is fair.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes the,apostles,kept the,Sabbath...they even preached,in Synagogues,...when allowed..
I think these,Saturday masses,WERE started,and,allowed,exactly for this,reason..
You can't be "nice" to these vipers. You can not discuss anything reasonably with these vipers. They are here to destroy and divide, not to build or bridge. Realize that.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

you not tell me
no
28 30 31
is as trio-kut up and down
see
Why you not say it is as it is?

Are you for sure we not mist 30% another things?

see 2.5 light will be in future high
only extra 0.5%

Where will be left as dark as night?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the one who found it funny? Or was that someone else?
Saul also persecuted the Church, and Christ asked him "Why are you persecuting ME?" That's how closely Jesus identifies with her. We are His mystical body. So when someone degrades the Church, they degrade Him.
He also made fun of Christ in his post to me...."it is written" (those are Christ's words). He was mocking Him. I'm sorry to see that you approve, seraphima, but I'm not surprised.
I imagine there will be a lot of excuses and lashing out now.
Hey Regina, Jesus said you must be born again to see the kingdom of heaven and the members of the kingdom of heaven is the 'Church'.
I know many of you don't understand the meaning of the written words because your not of the 'True Church' because your not born from anew from above yet.

Please Regina pray to God in Jesus name that He sends you His Spirit to guide you, I love you. Blessings
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

you need be in smooth silky skin born from what?

light
they liked died but can't
open wounds they walking as ghostly..see
is that your magician matemishians :
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you don't care about the truth, Rose. I explained the real meaning of Saturday Evening Mass, but you as you said, you don't care. You would rather continue to spread something that isn't true, something that you dreamed up.
Before this it could be attributed to ignorance, but now that you have the correct information you're deliberately spreading a falsehood. I wouldn't be proud of that if I were you.
What you think is "a good thing" does not exist outside of your imagination.
I think many here are posers, thought everyone Believed when I was little.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
When your born-anew from above every day is equal and to the LORD, how are we not to worry about tomorrow unless we give it all to HIM?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

god don't need smelly body and nicce or smelly cloth no

not any more
finish

on cross is is so nice
there not any money or cloth
nooooooooooo
not any spry
not any symbol extra
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
you not convince me in anything
noooooooooooooo

INRI
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Essentially most of Christianity believes that the Sabbath is still on Saturday, but Christians worship on Sunday and are not bound to the Sabbath.. If the Catholic church changed it as the SDA and some claim then that is just saying the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ. Thanks! Its also good to know that since the Sabbath is now on Sunday as your Pagan buddy says and I am a fool and heretic then so is most of Christianity if we include Seraphima, unless she wants to deny the teachings of Orthodox, but then there is nothing personal about attacking a church and the pagan has always been nothing but respectful and kind like all the wonderful comments in here from Protestants. lol

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/did...

http://carm.org/questions/about-doctrine/why-... Protestant

Is it the Orthodox view that Sabbath has been transferred to Sunday? What is the Orthodox view on Sabbath?

An examination of New Testament passages shows us four important points: 1) Whenever Christ appears in His resurrected form and the day is mentioned, it is always the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1, 9, 10; Mark 16:9; Luke 24:1, 13, 15; John 20:19, 26). 2) The only time the Sabbath is mentioned from Acts through Revelation it is for evangelistic purposes to the Jews and the setting is usually in a synagogue (Acts chapters 13–18). Paul wrote,“to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews”(1 Corinthians 9:20). Paul did not go to the synagogue to fellowship with and edify the saints, but to convict and save the lost. 3) Once Paul states “from now on I will go to the Gentiles”(Acts 18:6), the Sabbath is never again mentioned. And 4) instead of suggesting adherence to the Sabbath day, the remainder of the New Testament implies the opposite (including the one exception to point 3 above, found in Colossians 2:16).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Saturday-Sunday.h... Protestant
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is trying to tell people that we have Mass on Saturday evenings as an "option" for Catholics who feel more comfortable observing the Sabbath. When I corrected her and explained why, she told me she didn't care what the real reason is.
Whenever anyone has ever corrected me about their faith, I have always thanked them and noted it so that I don't make the mistake again. Rose, on the other hand, "doesn't care".
Nice.
I know Ltm and Kay Marie are my sisters in Jesus here and there are a bunch of brothers, the idol off subject stuff gives one a clue to who is not on topic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Essentially most of Christianity believes that the Sabbath is still on Saturday, but Christians worship on Sunday and are not bound to the Sabbath.. If the Catholic church changed it as the SDA and some claim then that is just saying the Catholic Church is the Church founded by Christ. Thanks! Its also good to know that since the Sabbath is now on Sunday as your Pagan buddy says and I am a fool and heretic then so is most of Christianity if we include Seraphima, unless she wants to deny the teachings of Orthodox, but then there is nothing personal about attacking a church and the pagan has always been nothing but respectful and kind like all the wonderful comments in here from Protestants. lol
Is it the Orthodox view that Sabbath has been transferred to Sunday? What is the Orthodox view on Sabbath?
An examination of New Testament passages shows us four important points: 1) Whenever Christ appears in His resurrected form and the day is mentioned, it is always the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1, 9, 10; Mark 16:9; Luke 24:1, 13, 15; John 20:19, 26). 2) The only time the Sabbath is mentioned from Acts through Revelation it is for evangelistic purposes to the Jews and the setting is usually in a synagogue (Acts chapters 13–18). Paul wrote,“to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews”(1 Corinthians 9:20). Paul did not go to the synagogue to fellowship with and edify the saints, but to convict and save the lost. 3) Once Paul states “from now on I will go to the Gentiles”(Acts 18:6), the Sabbath is never again mentioned. And 4) instead of suggesting adherence to the Sabbath day, the remainder of the New Testament implies the opposite (including the one exception to point 3 above, found in Colossians 2:16).
Well then...you should throw all the rest of the laws and along with it the bible in the trash, as you already have done it with the patriarchs own words, and Jesus very own words.
Now of course, we understand that your Roman elite all wish to undermine the written word. Why else would you change the worship day to that of the Roman sun god, and forbid the people to even read the bible for many hundreds of years under penalty of death.
It's no wonder you don't actually want the masses to read what the words have to say, even after raping and destroying most of what was written by contemporary writers of the time.
Your priests are corrupt from the very beginning, and it is revealing itself more every day.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate?...Its showing...
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Desperate?...Its showing...
lol ...Its time for you to go to bible school with the Pagan you fool! You Heretic! Hypocrite!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ...Its time for you to go to bible school with the Pagan you fool! You Heretic! Hypocrite!
Thank you for your love lol (hugs)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pretty sad when the "Pagan" knows your bible better than you do....and you have the audacity to call someone else a heretic and hypocrite?
Shameless!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Tamil 5,273
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,288
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,399
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 257,622
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min KiMare 94,570
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 19 min karan 716
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,083
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Roberta G 173,232
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 599,708

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••