Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675922 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513388 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank the Lord for that.
lol....you charmer, you. ;)

Anthony, just wanted to let you know that St. Benedict Press is having a 40% off sale for one week on selected bibles. I've ordered from them in the past and they're very good.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#513389 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am talking about the behavior of the representatives of their religion on this thread....and as I have said, you are not included in that category...whether we disagree about things or not.
You might claim that you are not a Christian Gnostic, but many of your posts have indicated that indeed you do suffer from that Christian blight of fantasy.

Preaching about aligning thoughts to Jesus, indicates that you are preaching your own dogma of Christianity, and that you want others to follow your thoughts.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513390 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it grieves me to know that you think the suggestion of hangovers and mall shopping from a former, now anti-Catholic makes sense. I really do keep trying to believe there exists a smidgen of charity in your heart for the Catholic Church, but maybe the dialogue here has completely soured you on the possibility.
Having said that:“Because the faithful are obliged to attend Mass unless there is a grave impediment, pastors have the corresponding duty to offer to everyone the real possibility of fulfilling the precept.... From a liturgical point of view, in fact, holy days begin with First Vespers. Consequently, the liturgy of what is sometimes called the ‘Vigil Mass’ is in effect the ‘festive’ Mass of Sunday.”
I will tell you that we have 5 masses on Sunday and one Saturday evening. Our Church can accommodate 2000 people. With 13,000 parishoners, there are any number of people who simply cannot make it to mass on Sunday due to many different reasons. I'll go to 7:15 am mass on Sunday if I happen to be going to a Vikings game, or very occasionally a Saturday evening mass if I'm leaving town that evening and would be impossible to go on Sunday. If a person goes to Saturday mass because they plan on getting drunk or going to the mall on Sunday, I can assure you they're putting their soul in jeopardy...
Don't grieve to long. I asked for an explaination and your provided one..and without an insult..Thank you

Quesnel, Canada

#513391 Feb 8, 2014
People who preach that they know religious truth are DETERMINED to be leaders.

They can't pretend to know truth, unless they lead.

However ... theology in any religion first made the devotees into followers ... period.

And the follower THEN were certain that being loaded up with the truth ... THEY could indeed become leaders.

Arrogance abounds.
Michael

Canada

#513392 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it grieves me to know that you think the suggestion of hangovers and mall shopping from a former, now anti-Catholic makes sense. I really do keep trying to believe there exists a smidgen of charity in your heart for the Catholic Church, but maybe the dialogue here has completely soured you on the possibility.
Having said that:“Because the faithful are obliged to attend Mass unless there is a grave impediment, pastors have the corresponding duty to offer to everyone the real possibility of fulfilling the precept.... From a liturgical point of view, in fact, holy days begin with First Vespers. Consequently, the liturgy of what is sometimes called the ‘Vigil Mass’ is in effect the ‘festive’ Mass of Sunday.”
I will tell you that we have 5 masses on Sunday and one Saturday evening. Our Church can accommodate 2000 people. With 13,000 parishoners, there are any number of people who simply cannot make it to mass on Sunday due to many different reasons. I'll go to 7:15 am mass on Sunday if I happen to be going to a Vikings game, or very occasionally a Saturday evening mass if I'm leaving town that evening and would be impossible to go on Sunday. If a person goes to Saturday mass because they plan on getting drunk or going to the mall on Sunday, I can assure you they're putting their soul in jeopardy...
2010 data census, association of stataticians of america religious state that number of roman catholics in state of Minnesota dropped significantly 8.7% from 2000 to 2010 census.1.26 million to 1.15 million.

Fastest growing religious groups in Minnesota were non denominational and Evangelical protestants. Evangelicals now up significantly to 744,000 from the 2010 census.

Quesnel, Canada

#513393 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to the Abrahamics. They say that "Moses" wrote Genesis, which is the very first writings on the OT.
Take it up with them.
I already explained (from my opinion) that it was Jews that desired to break away from Judaism that wrote the O.T. They were preparing the way for what later became Catholicism.

The Jews that wrote earlier material did not mention a messiah, as they already believed they were Elohim's chosen few.

It's common sense that in that mindset, they would not NEED a messiah as they believed they were already chosen.

Quesnel, Canada

#513394 Feb 8, 2014
That Abraham character was conjured up by the Jews that wrote the one-God dogma.

Before that ... Jews were polytheists.

JMO ... Just my opinion.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513395 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Orthodox Church do about their members who work in hospitals or other essential parts of society?
Sunday Is the Lords Day for the Orthodox not Saturday or and other day of the week...Period...that's what they do

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513396 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are being so ignorant???
You claimed that you believed Jesus would have stayed faithful to Judaism. And that would mean that he never created a church, but (within common-sense theology) he would have preached ONLY in a Jewish Temple.
From my perspective, you are more confused than the people you are trying to correct.
It really doesn't take much to confuse you. Especially in the fact that you are obviously incapable of comprehending and conceptualizing what is written, and seeing it's relation between the old and new testaments.
You have an amazing ability to replace rational statements with your confirmation bias...which is not unusual with the ignorant.
Michael

Canada

#513397 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there with your mom on Saturday nights?:o)
No Anthony I lived with both my loving parents and my brothers and sisters.(lol)

Today Saturday mass is known as the widows mass. Scooping even their collection money.

Unbelievable!

Location hidden

#513398 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he did not equate it with daily Mass.
As for the rest, you can disagree all you like but that would be like disagreeing that the sun sets in the west. It is what it is. You do not know better than the Church as to why she is doing something.
If I tell you that I'm going to sit down because I'm tired, are you going to come along and tell me you disagree with me and that's not the reason why I'm sitting down? That I don't know why I'm sitting down but you do? That's exactly what you're doing and it's ludicrous.
No. That is exactly what YOU are doing by insisting that everyone follow YOUR concept of religion to the letter you prescribe hypocrite.

Quesnel, Canada

#513399 Feb 8, 2014
"Such a desperate, thoroughly evil, poisonous and devilish lot are these Jews, who for these fourteen hundred years have been and still are our plague, our pestilence, and our misfortune."

Martin Luther—Angel to the Fifth or Sardis Church Age 1520-1752
Michael

Canada

#513400 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank the Lord for that.
I assumed your "despicable" comment referred to the sick and perverted "priests" guilty of harming children and the corrupt bishops who didn't do enough to stop them. That is what the 4% represents. BTW, that number is down to about 0.0025% now.
There are 195 catholic dioceses in america and sex scandals and coverups in the vasr majority including your own. 11 of these dioceses have filed bankruptcy since 2004.

Thats a lot of lieing, deceiving, coverup bishops.

Google bishop accountability abuse data and read for yourself and this information is a few years old so doesn't cover many of the high profile diocese scandals the last few years.

Quesnel, Canada

#513401 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't take much to confuse you. Especially in the fact that you are obviously incapable of comprehending and conceptualizing what is written, and seeing it's relation between the old and new testaments.
You have an amazing ability to replace rational statements with your confirmation bias...which is not unusual with the ignorant.
As a devotee of Gnosticism, you believe what satiates your whims. Other Christians believe what satiates their whims.

I don't anymore buy into any theology ... ancient or modern.

Location hidden

#513402 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might claim that you are not a Christian Gnostic, but many of your posts have indicated that indeed you do suffer from that Christian blight of fantasy.
Preaching about aligning thoughts to Jesus, indicates that you are preaching your own dogma of Christianity, and that you want others to follow your thoughts.
I could care less what your inept little mind can conjure up in it's hatred.
If you want to delude yourself, be my guest.
Don't ya just hate it that someone else has the ability and knowledge to argue things you have no clue about? You should'a got an education when ta had the chance. Then ya wouldn't have to appear so incompetent.
Michael

Canada

#513403 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And therein lies your insult, your pride, your wrath, your arrogance, and your ignorance.
You have no desire to hear the truth about anything, much less about Catholicism. No sincere person of faith, of ANY faith, would believe what he said.
You believe it.
What I was told about the Orthodox problems being due to the influx of protestant converts is borne out on this board more and more everyday.
Mikes answers makes sense!.......Mikes answers! Make sense!

That has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Quesnel, Canada

#513404 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't take much to confuse you.
When I was in religion, I was always confused. All the preachers were claiming to know the truth and yet they were always fighting. That didn't make any sense to me, and now I know why. They were all grasping at straws.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

grasping at straws

Fig. to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/grasping+...

Quesnel, Canada

#513405 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what your inept little mind can conjure up in it's hatred.
When I would "occasionally" agree with your "concepts," you would "lovingly" refer to me as "Sis."

I knew such a love affair was one sided and very temporary.

:)

Location hidden

#513406 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained (from my opinion) that it was Jews that desired to break away from Judaism that wrote the O.T. They were preparing the way for what later became Catholicism.
The Jews that wrote earlier material did not mention a messiah, as they already believed they were Elohim's chosen few.
It's common sense that in that mindset, they would not NEED a messiah as they believed they were already chosen.
Sure they did. Jesus just didn't fit the bill as was prophesied.
I thought you were a christian for 70 years. What did you learn? Apparently nothing.
Your opinion is skewed because you never learned the evidence(at your disposal) presented to even make a proper evaluation.
Michael

Canada

#513407 Feb 8, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> If you think mikeys answer is the correct one and makes sense, well, you need to mature a whole lot.
I was there in the 60s when the church brought in the guitars and drums for the young people on Saturday nights, They were called folk masses. I am surprised Pete Seeger' and Peter, Paul and Mary weren't invited.

It didn't pan out, as more young people started staying away from mass. Today the vast majority of mass attendants are the white haired people, once they are gone, more churches will close.

1965, 14,500 catholic churches in america. 2013, 14,500 catholic churches in america. The number of INDOCTRINATED catholics has increased, but practicing Catholics are way down since 1965.

Doesn't matter what is going on in your diocese, look at the big picture right across america.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 59 min Lawrence Wolf 279
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Issaa 480
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 110,767
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 46,202
Plenty To Celebrate On President Donald's 100th... 5 hr every troll here ... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Pegasus 286,312
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 7 hr jacckd 65
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web