Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,295
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#513090 Feb 7, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses.
I don't want to hear it, you made your bed.
Then don't ask.....I make a very comfy bed also...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513091 Feb 7, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> he is degrading your church...
The huckster is circling the wagons try'n ta put up a posse, and anyone will do right now...just like the other nite. LOL!
truth

Perth, Australia

#513092 Feb 7, 2014
I resist Crown pain.
When ..its Power which lift me up alone!

Where on INRI.

You liked sacking mind don't you.
I hear ,few hours ago upon me who talk who watching and try ruin.

Its crime!

Its exist
-very low organization
-its exist very high organization
to ruin every person or family..
A just liked that, you don't wanted know.
Its still some saul paul policy accusers and killers..

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
not intresto
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513094 Feb 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why argue about Sunday? Because the Apostles didn't leave a 'fill-in-the-blank space' for people like you and I to decide. They established Sunday.
Rose is trying to tell people that we have Mass on Saturday evenings as an "option" for Catholics who feel more comfortable observing the Sabbath. When I corrected her and explained why, she told me she didn't care what the real reason is.

Whenever anyone has ever corrected me about their faith, I have always thanked them and noted it so that I don't make the mistake again. Rose, on the other hand, "doesn't care".

Nice.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#513095 Feb 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a compliment ..silly me...
We are the adopted children of Abraham grafted in ...like it or not .......or is,that something to be ashamed of ...????
Keep HOLY the,LORDS DAY ..whichever day you feel that to be. Your Church COUKD be catering to both...but you can't see that???
Maybe there are,Jewish converts,who feel more comfortable on Saturday service???
I think it's,a,good thing
We don't have *services* Catholics celebrate the Mass.
truth

Perth, Australia

#513096 Feb 7, 2014
you mean nest=bird=angels fly liked that

Is all angels holy or have deference function?

Which wings angels have.

Did you ever eat wings soup?

Earthly people eat lots soup from wings.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#513097 Feb 7, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> he is degrading your church...
And you say nothing, Catholics are Christians, sera, she is degrading you too.
truth

Perth, Australia

#513099 Feb 7, 2014
no you know you are wrong..many people experience mockery incarnations what they doing committed what as accusers..nooooo

when you start speak truth..
you say before you choose that path go like that..no me no..
I can't be bigger then God.
Are you sure many God exist?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513100 Feb 7, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Some religious organizations (Seventh-day Adventists, Seventh-Day Baptists, and certain others) claim that Christians must not worship on Sunday but on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath. They claim that, at some unnamed time after the apostolic age, the Church "changed" the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.
However, passages of Scripture such as Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Colossians 2:16-17, and Revelation 1:10 indicate that, even during New Testament times, the Sabbath is no longer binding and that Christians are to worship on the Lordís day, Sunday, instead.
The early Church Fathers compared the observance of the Sabbath to the observance of the rite of circumcision, and from that they demonstrated that if the apostles abolished circumcision (Gal. 5:1-6), so also the observance of the Sabbath must have been abolished. The following quotations show that the first Christians understood this principle and gathered for worship on Sunday.
The Didache
"But every Lordís day ... gather yourselves together and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned" (Didache 14 [A.D. 70]).
The Letter of Barnabas
"We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead" (Letter of Barnabas 15:6Ė8 [A.D. 74]).
Ignatius of Antioch
"[T]hose who were brought up in the ancient order of things [i.e. Jews] have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lordís day, on which also our life has sprung up again by him and by his death" (Letter to the Magnesians 8 [A.D. 110]).
"But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead" (First Apology 67 [A.D. 155]).
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/sabbath-or-sun...
That's all very nice, DS, but you see the Church 'COULD' be catering to both, don't you see that?? Does she honestly think that we don't know why we have Holy Mass on Saturday evening and that it is not a sabbath observance? If there was ever a time to say "Unbelievable", it's right now!

Location hidden

#513101 Feb 7, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the one who found it funny? Or was that someone else?
Saul also persecuted the Church, and Christ asked him "Why are you persecuting ME?" That's how closely Jesus identifies with her. We are His mystical body. So when someone degrades the Church, they degrade Him.
He also made fun of Christ in his post to me...."it is written" (those are Christ's words). He was mocking Him. I'm sorry to see that you approve, seraphima, but I'm not surprised.
I imagine there will be a lot of excuses and lashing out now.
It IS written that you people are not holding the lords day as it should be. You have moved it to the first day.
YOU are mocking your Jesus.
You are heretics.

What three days does the Bible mention in succession? Luke 23:54-56; Luke 24:1

Preparation day, Sabbath, first day

PREPARATION DAY-SIXTH DAY-FRIDAY
SABBATH-SEVENTH DAY-SATURDAY
RESURRECTION-FIRST DAY-SUNDAY
Husker

Falls City, NE

#513102 Feb 7, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not catering to both. That's in your imagination.
As I explained, it is not a Saturday service. It is the Sunday Liturgy taking place on Saturday evening.
Rose and sera want to play games tonight they have nothing better to do i guess. I hope you watched the Olympic ceremony tonight, it was wonderful! We should just let them twiddle their thumbs . I have better things to do than to read childish,impish remarks from two so-called grown women.
truth

Perth, Australia

#513103 Feb 7, 2014
Are you for sure prayers is not every day?
God can hear prayers cry shouting hopeless neglected in need everything..nothing hide..now why you think you are bigger then all creation which exist from all eternity?

they will be reward from whom from great losers..as they all are..
it is written

all of them going be hide
where

psalm 63;6
who seek my life must died

Location hidden

#513104 Feb 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The huckster is circling the wagons try'n ta put up a posse, and anyone will do right now...just like the other nite. LOL!
like cowboys and injuns?
truth

Perth, Australia

#513105 Feb 7, 2014
psalm 31;18
http://biblehub.com/psalms/31-18.htm

May false lips become speechless
that speaking against righteousness one
unrestrained in haughtiness and contempt!

Its law of accusers.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513106 Feb 7, 2014
The Easter or Paschal Vigil liturgy is the most beautiful liturgy in the Roman Catholic Church. This walks through the Easter Vigil, and includes the words to the Exsultet.

Although celebrated Holy Saturday evening, it is the dramatic Easter vigil liturgy that marks the beginning of Easter. We are awaiting our master's return with our lamps full and burning, so that he will find us awake and seat us at his table (cf. Luke 12:35ff). The vigil is divided into four parts: 1) service of light, 2) liturgy of the Word, 3) liturgy of Baptism, and 4) liturgy of the Eucharist.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturg...

Location hidden

#513107 Feb 7, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Rose and sera want to play games tonight they have nothing better to do i guess. I hope you watched the Olympic ceremony tonight, it was wonderful! We should just let them twiddle their thumbs . I have better things to do than to read childish,impish remarks from two so-called grown women.

Since: Sep 09

Kitimat, Canada

#513108 Feb 7, 2014
This Baptist ordained preacher also impregnated his step-daughter.

Humans will be human ... religion or no religion.

My guess is, he couldn't see the future or he would have seen that he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body

He developed a following because many who heard him preach considered him a prophet who could see the future.

http://picklinginhispresence.wordpress.com/20...

Location hidden

#513109 Feb 7, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not catering to both. That's in your imagination.
As I explained, it is not a Saturday service. It is the Sunday Liturgy taking place on Saturday evening.
And your church is breaking the law that is written for the sabbath.

Mark 2:27-28
King James Version (KJV)
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
*Saturday*
You worship Sol Invictus day....the official sun god of the roman empire.

Location hidden

#513110 Feb 7, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> And you say nothing, Catholics are Christians, sera, she is degrading you too.
nope I don't see it that way.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#513111 Feb 7, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Rose and sera want to play games tonight they have nothing better to do i guess. I hope you watched the Olympic ceremony tonight, it was wonderful! We should just let them twiddle their thumbs . I have better things to do than to read childish,impish remarks from two so-called grown women.
She made a mistake and all I did was correct her by giving her the proper explanation. Then she jumped down my throat. I've noticed she can be really nasty when she wants to be.

No, I missed the Olympics. I'm going to take your advice though and get to bed; it's late here.

Good night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min ACB 795,631
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min RADEKT 267,468
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min Esther12 120,742
Home Remedies for Constipation - Top 12 Users R... (Aug '07) 26 min Esther12 25
Harver Health Insurance Counter Fraud Group opt... 1 hr sibyllaagathe 4
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 607,215
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web