Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673314 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#513367 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful. Then why do the posters on here all deny there is any such thing as "Roman Catholic"?
They usually use it in a pejorative sense as a means of associating us with the pagan Roman Empire. No Catholics call themselves "Roman" Catholics for any reason other than to identify themselves as members of the Roman or Latin Rite of the Catholic Church.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#513368 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... How could Christianity be the fulfilment of Judaism .
That would be comparable to the pope teaching that Protestantism is the fulfillment of Catholicism.

Silly people believe whatever they are fed, as long as it pleases their emotions.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513369 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone defile words that were already defiled?
They say they aren't -and "don't".
Nothing could be further than the truth.

Location hidden

#513370 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What about your misuse of religious writings and laws from their points of view???
You all pick out your favorite theologies and preach as though they should be trusted as universal truth.
What a lot of nonsense.
Which "theology" am I picking as my own? Is that what you are doing when you refer to the Jews and Christians as well hypocrite?
Yes. Most of your rhetoric IS nonsense.

Quesnel, Canada

#513371 Feb 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The miracle stories to the Jews who supposedly witnessed them claimed Jesus would have been a trickster or committing sorcery. Much like David Copperfield today.
If a Jesus had performed many miracles as the NT claims, for thousands of jews, including bringing dead people back to life, and was followed and loved by thousands more jews, then why just a very short time later were the jews given the choice to execute him..........and they did. So much for brotherly love.
It's all silly bunkology.

And not one of them will answer my question in a straight forward way.

It would be quite simple, if they would say "Yes, I believe Jesus was a Converted Catholic when he died on the cross" ... or "Yes, I believe that Jesus was still faithful to Judaism when he died on the cross."

Instead we get this mumbo jumbo of "Christianity if the fulfillment of Judaism" ... of all the stupefied nonsense.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#513372 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he did not equate it with daily Mass. I read his post; you're the one who did that, not him.
I'll say it again....Saturday Evening Mass is the Sunday Liturgy:
The liturgical day runs from midnight to midnight, but the observance of SUNDAY and solemnities BEGINS WITH THE EVENING OF THE PRECEDING DAY.
It has nothing to do with the Sabbath. Christians do not observe the Sabbath. While Christians recognize and acknowledge that the OT Sabbath is on Saturday, we DO NOT observe it. Christians observe the Lord's Day, which is the day of Resurrection, which is Sunday. This practice started with the Apostles!
Yes,he did...see his,post..my answer ..That it's,not in place of Sunday mass ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Post number included..just to show,I'm not lying..I still disagree Regina,..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#513373 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in this thread...and that IS the reference here.
I haven't classified you in that as of yet.
Well thank the Lord for that.

I assumed your "despicable" comment referred to the sick and perverted "priests" guilty of harming children and the corrupt bishops who didn't do enough to stop them. That is what the 4% represents. BTW, that number is down to about 0.0025% now.

Location hidden

#513374 Feb 8, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that in the thousands of years since God commanded us to keep the Sabbath there hasn't been even a single error in the days of the week?
It's difficult to imagine it now with instant communication across the entire planet but in the days when no one even knew what a planet was communication was a lot slower. I doubt that the first day of the week in Canaan was also the first day of the week in Babylon and Rome. The chances that men haven't moved the Sabbath to another day of the week by mistake are mighty slim.
It seems to me that what's important is to give God His due instead of giving His due to a day of the week. Pick a day of the week to honor God and I think He'll be pleased whether it's Saturday or Wednesday. Nobody's going to hell because someone made a mistake in his choice for a Sabbath day.
It is irrelevant in that the 7th day of every week(and that has been fact since the very beginning) is the sabbath as prescribed by Genesis. If you wish to change that, then you should remove Genesis and all reference to it from the old and new testament.
Any attempt at red herring and strawman argument is futile and dishonest.

Quesnel, Canada

#513375 Feb 8, 2014
Ridiculous theology.

Jesus ..."I trained all my life to be a Jewish Rabbi so that I could abandon Judaism and join up with the ex-Jew Catholics."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

If Jesus converted to Catholicism, he was a traitor to the Jews, and had I been a faithful Jew, I would have killed him as a traitor ... NOT because I believed that he spoke TRUTH.

"Tink about it" says Mrs. Brown.

Quesnel, Canada

#513376 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the Lord Jehovah???

The JWs would be so proud of you.

But the Jews would know you are a fake.

Location hidden

#513377 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The "original words???"
Are you KIDDING?
Religion started long before the written languages as we see them today.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.
“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”
Not according to the Abrahamics. They say that "Moses" wrote Genesis, which is the very first writings on the OT.
Take it up with them.

Quesnel, Canada

#513378 Feb 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Post number included..just to show,I'm not lying..I still disagree Regina,..
But do you have the qualifications to speak at all in the name of religious truth?

That ought to be the question you ask of your self.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#513379 Feb 8, 2014
For the ancient Jews, a violation of God’s laws committed even in ignorance was taken very seriously. The Old Testament recognized and provided for unintentional sins through appropriate sacrifices:“If a person sins unintentionally against any of the commandments ... let him offer to the Lord ... a young bull without blemish as a sin offering”(Lev. 4:2-3).

Old Testament sacrifices were more than a reminder that accidental wrongs have consequences. They were given in anticipation that God in His grace would provide atonement even for wrongs we didn’t realize we were doing. He did this through the death of Jesus in our place. God’s grace is far greater than we could ever imagine!

Grace is getting what we do not deserve. Mercy is not receiving what we do deserve.
Insight
Today’s passage from Romans is one of the most beautiful statements in Scripture of what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. Because Jesus bore our sins on the cross, He has made us righteous in God’s eyes. This righteousness comes through faith in Jesus (v.22); is given to us by God’s grace; and, best of all, is free to all who believe (v.24)

Quesnel, Canada

#513380 Feb 8, 2014
Martin Luther was certain he knew truth ... BOTH times.

Now that was a miracle!

He claimed that he preacher only the truth when he was a Catholic ... and yet again when he became a Protestant.

He was sharp as ATTACK! Pun intended

Was he telling the truth the first time, or the second time ... or not at all???
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#513381 Feb 8, 2014
LORD of Hosts
1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Selah.

Location hidden

#513382 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They usually use it in a pejorative sense as a means of associating us with the pagan Roman Empire. No Catholics call themselves "Roman" Catholics for any reason other than to identify themselves as members of the Roman or Latin Rite of the Catholic Church.
Were Paul's teachings not contrary to the Jerusalem church and Jesus teachings? Or were they perfectly in line with them?
Then we shall decide the confluence of Paganism and Christianity.

Quesnel, Canada

#513383 Feb 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
For the ancient Jews, a violation of God’s laws committed even in ignorance was taken very seriously. The Old Testament recognized and provided for unintentional sins through appropriate sacrifices:“If a person sins unintentionally against any of the commandments ... let him offer to the Lord ... a young bull without blemish as a sin offering”(Lev. 4:2-3).
Old Testament sacrifices were more than a reminder that accidental wrongs have consequences. They were given in anticipation that God in His grace would provide atonement even for wrongs we didn’t realize we were doing. He did this through the death of Jesus in our place. God’s grace is far greater than we could ever imagine!
Grace is getting what we do not deserve. Mercy is not receiving what we do deserve.
Insight
Today’s passage from Romans is one of the most beautiful statements in Scripture of what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. Because Jesus bore our sins on the cross, He has made us righteous in God’s eyes. This righteousness comes through faith in Jesus (v.22); is given to us by God’s grace; and, best of all, is free to all who believe (v.24)
The Catholic church father created the Jesus myth ... period.

I suggest you stop telling lies about what the Jews believed or to this day, believe.

They were slaughtered for centuries by the Catholics. Isn't that enough bloodshed for you YET???

Quesnel, Canada

#513384 Feb 8, 2014
I suggest you keep in mind that at one time the faithful Jews were the ones that later became the break-away Jews to start the Catholic religion.

Nothing good could be expected from the mouths of such Jewish traitors.

NOTHING!!!

That is WHY the Catholics stated that the Jews were suffering from Judaizing DISEASE!

If you don't believe that is horrible ... I suggest your consciences are fast asleep!

Location hidden

#513385 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed your "despicable" comment referred to the sick and perverted "priests" guilty of harming children and the corrupt bishops who didn't do enough to stop them. That is what the 4% represents. BTW, that number is down to about 0.0025% now.
No. I am talking about the behavior of the representatives of their religion on this thread....and as I have said, you are not included in that category...whether we disagree about things or not.

Quesnel, Canada

#513386 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were Paul's teachings not contrary to the Jerusalem church and Jesus teachings? Or were they perfectly in line with them?
Then we shall decide the confluence of Paganism and Christianity.
Why are being so ignorant???

You claimed that you believed Jesus would have stayed faithful to Judaism. And that would mean that he never created a church, but (within common-sense theology) he would have preached ONLY in a Jewish Temple.

From my perspective, you are more confused than the people you are trying to correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min bad bob 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min COOTERDOG 104,747
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 981,360
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,873
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr Heavenschild 35
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 1 hr True Christian-Jew 8
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 3 hr Perry Mason jr 4
More from around the web