Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#513347 Feb 8, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
God established a one true church and it was not the Roman Catholic church. It was the HOUSE OF ISRAEL.
Matthew 10:5-6, 5 "These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them,“Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL."
Matthew 15:24, "He answered,“I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.”
Acts 2:36, "Let all the HOUSE OF ISRAEL therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
Gentiles are grafted in.......
Acts 10:34-43, 34 "34 So Peter opened his mouth and said:“Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 AND HE COMMANDED US TO PREACH TO THE PEOPLE AND TO TESTIFY THAT HE IS THE ONE APPOINTED BY GOD TO BE JUDGE OF THE LIVING AND THE DEAD. 43 TO HIM ALL THE PROPHETS BEAR WITNESS THAT EVERYONE WHO '''''''BELIEVES'''''''' IN HIM RECEIVED FORGIVENESS OF SINS THROUGH HIS NAME.”
Hebrews 8:8-12, 8 "For he finds fault with them when he says: Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the HOUSE OF ISRAEL and with the HOUSE OF JUDAH, 9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISRAEL after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”
The writer of Hebrews is quoting Old Testament verses.
Well, according to the Roman Cathaholics, those words are vacated and inappropriate. So then, is all the prophesy they depend upon to support their cause, and the effect of trinity inferred by "elohim", as well as the doctrine of "original sin" that Jesus saved ALL from- et all.

Location hidden

#513348 Feb 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> projection...shame on you you spend more time here insulting everyone that disagrees with you than nick does..Not everyone can agree with you. you should know this by now
Aaaahahahah!
Now they have devolved into referring to me as "blacky" LOL!
Why am I not surprised at all?

Location hidden

#513349 Feb 8, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And therein lies your insult, your pride, your wrath, your arrogance, and your ignorance.
You have no desire to hear the truth about anything, much less about Catholicism. No sincere person of faith, of ANY faith, would believe what he said.
You believe it.
What I was told about the Orthodox problems being due to the influx of protestant converts is borne out on this board more and more everyday.
She "insulted" you because she said it makes sense? LOL!
You need to seek some help.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#513350 Feb 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Me intelligent nawwwww......btw I'm protestant
I comprehend that you believe Jesus favors Protestants that you created in your own image.

If you're not intelligent, that by preaching Protestantism, you are preaching universal truth???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#513351 Feb 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
The only Christians in this forum are Catholic's!!!! Love your fellow catholic and condemn all others...
Baloney! Some understand or follow Christ more closely than others, but all who follow Christ to the best of their ability are Christians.

Quesnel, Canada

#513352 Feb 8, 2014
If you admit that you are not intelligent, then how do you know that by preaching Protestantism you are preaching universal truth???

Quesnel, Canada

#513353 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaahahahah!
Now they have devolved into referring to me as "blacky" LOL!
Why am I not surprised at all?
They must have taken your slander of them being heretical as an insult.

I didn't take your suggestion that I was a sociopath as an insult. I just figured you were trying to display your divine therapeutic skills to the readers by showing them how they should behave as loving humans behave when they follow the mindset of the Gnosticized Jesus.

:)

Location hidden

#513354 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A while back I asked you if you thought that had Jesus lived if you believed he would stay faithful to Judaism, and your answer was that you believed he would stay faithful to Judaism.
Why are you playing these Gnostic Jesus-games with the Christians ... unless you enjoy double-talking???
There is nothing I have stated in "Jesus" words that supports your errant conclusion. Everything he stated supports the written OT--(Judaism).
Why do YOU use the history of the religion to condemn it while condemning me for it hypocrite?
Are you upset that you are not completely in the spotlight here?
Well, that's just too bad. There ARE others here that don't need your permission to get on the stage. Yours isn't the only circus in town.

Quesnel, Canada

#513355 Feb 8, 2014
socci wrote:
Roman Church is the Church of Satan - run for your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d9IS49DKbK0XX
The Jews tried to run for their lives ... but the ex-Jew Catholics caught them and put them to death ... after they tortured them of course ... in the name of Jesus.

Location hidden

#513356 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Wonderful. Then why do the posters on here all deny there is any such thing as "Roman Catholic"?

Quesnel, Canada

#513357 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you think you can disregard what is "written", and replace it with man's "edict" you have a lot to learn about following the word you so promote as absolute truth.
When you dismiss those words, you defile them.
THAT IS my point.
How can anyone defile words that were already defiled?

Location hidden

#513358 Feb 8, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you explain how to keep track of which day is the Sabbath once leap year was established? What about the days that were added to the calendar by design? How do you know that the Sabbath occurs on "Saturday" after days are added to the calendar?
I already have.

Quesnel, Canada

#513359 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you prefer I use the "star wars" script to discuss their misuse of religious writings and laws?
What about your misuse of religious writings and laws from their points of view???

You all pick out your favorite theologies and preach as though they should be trusted as universal truth.

What a lot of nonsense.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#513360 Feb 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I bought a copy. Rolling Stone is notoriously anti religion. Very very liberal secularist. Weird, since its supposed to be a rock n roll music magazine. Its very political and they try to be influential at it.
However, I found the article pretty decent. They of course took swipes at the Church's teachings on morals, as expected. But they were very fair to Pope Francis. There are too many lobbyist in the Church. Some Bishops don't represent Christianity very well. Francis is actually what most Priests and Bishops are like. That's the truth. We only hear of the bad ones. Bishop Piche in my hometown, is just like Francis. Small apartment, plain vehicle. He's very very humbled.
The teaser for this,was about Francis,living in one room ..take heart looks,like it's,after all faiths..I cannot get the video to play...
But I saw,a,couple of homes,on the teaser .

I'll bet affiliates all over carry similar stories...they are going after the Churches...tax exemptions first then anything ..any teaching they can call hate speech.

They are,after all Christians,....the,UN is,after Jews,so the News,goes,at them too ..

We,are in this together ..God's,people ...IMO
http://www.local10.com/news/records-show-reli...

Quesnel, Canada

#513361 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> They have no "righteous" pride. They do have a huge problem with being representative of their church and God as witnessed by their own despicable character and words.
Hahahahahaha

Location hidden

#513362 Feb 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when does a 4% rate of despicable character represent the witness of Christ's Church and not the 96% righteous?
Not in this thread...and that IS the reference here.
I haven't classified you in that as of yet.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#513363 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Roman church says"never mind what God said- we know better, and you will do as "we" say". We are so arrogant and assured of our power among men, we have changed the "Lords Day"(as presented in Genesis) from the 7th day (known in over 100 languages as "sabbath") to the 1st day of the Roman god Sol Invictus".
Do you really believe that in the thousands of years since God commanded us to keep the Sabbath there hasn't been even a single error in the days of the week?

It's difficult to imagine it now with instant communication across the entire planet but in the days when no one even knew what a planet was communication was a lot slower. I doubt that the first day of the week in Canaan was also the first day of the week in Babylon and Rome. The chances that men haven't moved the Sabbath to another day of the week by mistake are mighty slim.

It seems to me that what's important is to give God His due instead of giving His due to a day of the week. Pick a day of the week to honor God and I think He'll be pleased whether it's Saturday or Wednesday. Nobody's going to hell because someone made a mistake in his choice for a Sabbath day.

Location hidden

#513364 Feb 8, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney! Some understand or follow Christ more closely than others, but all who follow Christ to the best of their ability are Christians.
Can't you recognize sarcasm when it is blatantly presented?

Quesnel, Canada

#513365 Feb 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it's "regurgitated". I believe it is perverted from the original words.....
The "original words???"

Are you KIDDING?

Religion started long before the written languages as we see them today.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.

“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”

Location hidden

#513366 Feb 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They must have taken your slander of them being heretical as an insult.
I didn't take your suggestion that I was a sociopath as an insult. I just figured you were trying to display your divine therapeutic skills to the readers by showing them how they should behave as loving humans behave when they follow the mindset of the Gnosticized Jesus.
:)
Hardly. Simply pointing out the act of heresy they inhinit and show when they can't even follow the 2nd tenet of the christ they worship as god and promote(except in their "own" behavior) as hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 5 min Tramp353 83
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 min Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min karl44 87,900
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 13 min It aint necessari... 18
China Portable LED Sign, Truck LED Display, Bus... 13 min Crush7537 2
Looking for a naughty girl. 15 min solrac 8
China Taxi Top LED Display, Bus LED Display, Tr... 17 min Catch5623 2
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Crushy9254 284,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web