Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,768
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512674 Feb 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, never done that, I guess you have the dirty mind. You want a fight to try to ban me and others. go and do something for others like work at a homeless shelter.
To refresh your memory:
Husker
Falls City, NE
Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The church leaders should be held to a higher standard. They teach morality/justice, for years they didn't practice what they preached and now they are being bitten in the behind.
...Who are they going to blame now?
Husker wrote: Have you ever thought youy may have OCD? You are sooooo infatuated with the topic od sex abuse. Do you have a job? do you constantly think of children in sexual stories and you feel so ashamed that you have to come on a forum and put your mania on the threads? The doctors in your town have a special kind of medicine for you, and maybe castration will help you get rid of your ugly shameful thoughts. And I hope to God your not using a public computer, if you do make sure you get enough anti bacterial wipes to wipe down the computer key board.
Maybe medicine will get rid of your dirty thoughts.

United States

#512675 Feb 6, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/u-n-tells-vatican-39-im...
-

In an uncharacteristically harsh criticism of the Vatican, the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) issued a report slamming the Church for "not [acknowledging] the extent of the crimes committed," and demanded that the Vatican remove every member of the clergy who is known to or suspected of abusing children.

The UNCRC questioned Vatican officials over cases of child sexual abuse within the Church in a hearing last month, and released their conclusions today in the damning report. The members spelled out the Vatican's shortcomings:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#512676 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>

All dioceses/eparchies have Victim Assistance Coordinators, assuring victims that they will be heard. In 2009,$6,536,109 was spent on therapy for the victims of clergy sexual abuse.
$6.5 million dollars of donations being used to help control pedophilia? Sure, Catholics will say it is to help the victims, but in truth, they wouldn't have had to set up this program, if they had beeter control of pedophilia within their organization.

It is a lot of money, huh?

All from individual patrons of Catholicism. Charitable contributions from the sunday basket collection.

I wonder why Catholics contribute money to this "fund"? Is this the way they remove their guilt of knowing that child abuse occurs in their religion? Maybe it is because they think it is the right thing to do, instead of having the responsible priest be turned over to the authorities? Maybe it is because it helps move a priest from one diocese to the next one? Maybe it is because they really don't look at their contribution as such.

$6.5 million dollars is sure alot of donations. Maybe those individuals shouldn't be donating at all, and force the Catholic Church to pull there own weight for this "challenge" and start by utuilizing non-donated funds to pay off their bills. Maybe? Yeah - that is as far as it gets, because of teh arrogance that Catholics have within them.

Afterall, if they didn't donate, then there wouldn't be any money the so-called "Church" would have available to use, in order to cover up other noted occurrances.

Why do Catholics support the cover-up of pedophilia by their donations of money to an organization that clearly shows it has abused children?
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#512677 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH!
Read all my posts. Get your mind out of the gutter.
No thank you. Your mind is in the gutter and the fodder you post has nothing to do with the erreoneous title of this topic. You saying it does, only shows your ignorance of Christianity in general. It does show that you think digging up dirt somehow proves that Christians believe that they will always be perfect like you and do not need a saviour. Everyone will not always do what is right or to your expectation. Jesus had Judas, I think we can see that not everyone always had the right move lor even practiced what is preached. Only you can see that Mikey, not anwyone else. lol You can do it on your own. You are sinless you can't think of any. lol Now, if you could just get UN approval the world is yours!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#512678 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! I never thought of the future. Thank you Anthony.
If there is an all loving God then I would believe whatever happens to you happens to me. See you in heaven. Aren't you excited?
When you put religion that way, it seems almost humane.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#512679 Feb 6, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Church is a target, and we know why. Michael is not the innocent here, Rose. He's seeking attention by distorting, misrepresenting and grossly overstating a heinous situation for his own profit. He's got a little cult following here with their own profit seeking agenda who make him feel loved.(Btw, there are ways to profit other than financially, so please don't even go there.) You didn't know that the Church has had stringent measures in place to protect against abuse for a while now. You also were not aware that the vast majority of the cases you're hearing about today happened decades ago. If you're truly concerned, you should take the time to find these things out before making assumptions and posting them.
I made no assumptions..just said

When I diary heard all this and today...the RCC should have stuck these men in monasteries for the sake of their souls and the CHILDREN.

I dint care how,dumb anyone was in the fifties...touching a CHild in a bad way ...has,to be against ANY CHURCH TEACHING...EVER ...IN ANY CHURCH

the main thing recently is,calling Michael a,pervert is wrong...it is..

What I'm saying today.

MOST FOLKS,LISTENING TO THE NEWS ARE NOT GOING TO RESEARCH anything..

This is an attack ....You guys being the main target need to get out of deflection mode ... saying we'll Baptists do it ...as a defense just points,AGAINST more of God's,people...though I know,you don't think of them that way ..
The Catholic Church I knew,...the Baptist church I know...nothing bad h a opened..

But to the world and those who hats God ...it gives them ammunition...
Telling Michael bad things ...Will not solve the problem

NO ONE PROFITS HERE ....But you don't get that ..except the SECUKARISTS against God ..in the,world and our government .....deflection..not a good defense ...

Prince George, Canada

#512680 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> My diocese is wonderful
Still ... it's for Catholics ONLY.

Do you believe that if a creator exists, it would want to be seen in an exclusive club?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#512681 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe medicine will get rid of your dirty thoughts.
Well then I guess everyone except you needs medicine because most read it the same as I do....

Prince George, Canada

#512682 Feb 6, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
IF I do, and that's a big if, it will be by the skin of my teeth
I suggest that you stop feigning humility and confess your sin or PRIDE that you believe you will be able to march right through those pearly gates without so much as having to display a holy passport.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#512683 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God's,ways or being are mysteries
Then why do in VAIN preach that you have solved the mystery of how to be saved???

You are taking everything that you've been taught for granted as being based on truth.

THAT is vanity.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#512684 Feb 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know one thing... In our town, attendance at Mass is increasing. Attendance at Confession is increasing. The seminary is full again this year.
This shouldn't be happening. The Holy Spirit is making a move. People are coming back. Its not socially cool to be Catholic, especially a Priest.
Good news! About your church.

If you claim its not cool to be catholic or a priest, its not my fault. Everyone on the planet knows the stories, everyone forms their own opinions.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512685 Feb 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I disagree.. calling a person a name is not equal to claiming a person is doing a sexual act on a computer....."humiliating statements and hurtful names" is also done by every single person on this forum (for the most part) including YOU and Me. Some are far better at it than others. The proof is in the past postings and anyone can scroll back and read them and judge for themselve's.
Well, yes and no. I probably should have qualified my last sentence. Intent and attitude have a lot to do with it, too. But that "name" someone is called can most certainly be just as deadly. Nevertheless, my point is that saying that one doesn't curse or say filthy things just because they don't use specific words isn't necessarily true.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#512686 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
I asked a long time ago. What are you doing? Its always they? Well a simple google of abuse and you would find it knows no bouncaries in societies around the globe. There is simply zero evidence that says its more of an issue in the Catholic church, but enough that suggests less or equal to the norm in society.
The church is made up of individuals who have free will. Accusations should be specific to individual actions and not indicting every member of the Catholic church. If you choose to do so then you indict yourself as well. You indict your communties, your govt, your schools, your unions, lawyers, doctors, families everywhere. No one should pay taxes because you support it. No one should pay union dues, no one should send their children to school, no one should take pensions or participate in healthcare because money goes to support those insitutions.
Was it handled very poorly. Yes Are there false accusations and lawsuits with no merit. YES Did anyone have all the answers? NO Did everyone have insight on the scope of the scope of the problem around the globe? NO Did and do they now have all the answers on how to best deal with people who do this? NO It was the norm to send people to treatment in the past only to repeat again. Sentences of 3 to 6 months were routine for those who were prosected let out to offend again. There are definitely those who serial abuse.
Many principals would say, "He said he would never do it again." In the school systems its called passing the buck. The Catholic church by nature of its hiearchy, wealth, and meticulous record keeping has become a monolithic target. While some Bishops didnt do the right thing, others did not do anything with malicious intent to hurt anyone, but rather followed the norms of what was happening. They like the Principals believed they would never do it again. It is also routine for the Church to rotate priests to give the flock a variety of preaching. Thus, making claim that priests were moved because they were offendors is disingenous. However a Bishop who knew of a credible accusation and did not tell another Bishop is another story. The fodder that somehow the church teachings approved of sexual abuse is pure rubbish. I think society in General needs specific policies on a unversal scale and commisions to share what is working and what is not.
Give it up already. This Catholic pedophile issue is beyond the scope of all other pedophile "leaders" in charge of children combined. And has been going on for, and covered up, AT LEAST 50 YEARS! Do you have any idea how many THOUSANDS of young boy's lives have been shattered by all those sicko priests raping them? There is NO defense for that.

Prince George, Canada

#512687 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no assumptions..
That means you don't assume that your religion preaches truth.

That means you don't assume anything and your mind is vacant of thought.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#512688 Feb 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The statutes were different 50 years ago. The prevailing SECULAR method of dealing with these situations on the whole was to send the offender off to treatment and when he was declared "cured" by civilian psychiatrists and psychologists he was put back out there. Most situations involved an profoundly repentant priest who had only one instance of abuse, be it improper touching a shoulder or thigh or making sexually suggestive comments and who vowed to never let it happen again. Most of the time it didn't. The very worst offenders with multiple victims accounted for most all of the rape and yes, they were not handled as they should have been.
It's easy for us to project today's attitudes back on what should have been done 40 or 50 years ago. Back then 40% of the population smoked cigarettes, inter racial marriage was against the law, the sexual revolution was in full swing, sexual psychology was new age, revolutionary and everybody thought psychopaths could be cured with counseling. This is what the medical/psychiatric community was telling the bishops.
If you jumped in your time machine and went 50 years into the future I could guarantee you would find a myriad of cultural norms from 2014 would be deemed abhorrent. I suggest you read the attached report and the annual reports done every years since then.
http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-...
Everyone understands that BUT CAN'T YOU SEE THE CHURCH HAS RULES ..COMMANDMENTS
about sex....That alone was a Sin for priests...in no way an educated Bishop could think sex with a child was a RIGHT THING...And the WORLD knows this..

A nd yes bad people use this as a foothold to get the CHURCH in a bad light ..to excuse their sins...just like pointing at Baptists who MAY ALSO have sinned.

You all brag about being VISIBLE the knife cuts both ways ..
I'm saying Francis should be very public in what the CHURCH DID AS ND IS DOING NOW ...or the UN POLICE get their way ..the,press like a,Him ...he should use that ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#512690 Feb 6, 2014
We have,talked this,to death....IMO.

It's,up to your Pope now.

Ok ON ANOTHER NOTE.....

ALL OF US,at one time or other have w etched the TONIGHT SHOW ...

Carson and Leno ...

Now they are replacing Leno with CONAN

he has done some HORRID ANTI JESUS COMEDY ..
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20A...

I won't post the video of Him blasphemous about being Jesus..

We should at the very least nit watch or contact N BC who keeps getting rid of Leno ...for his,comedy that is not so liberal???
One can only guess ...who dumps,number one for number 20 ..or worse..

It's,NB C home of MSNBC That says,it all

Bye Leno..hope you come back and I don't even watch it much..
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#512691 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I diary heard all this and today...the RCC should have stuck these men in monasteries for the sake of their souls and the CHILDREN.
I dint care how,dumb anyone was in the fifties...touching a CHild in a bad way ...has,to be against ANY CHURCH TEACHING...EVER ...IN ANY CHURCH
What I'm saying today.
This is an attack ....You guys being the main target need to get out of deflection mode ... saying we'll Baptists do it ...as a defense just points,AGAINST more of God's,people...though I know,you don't think of them that way ..
The Catholic Church I knew,...the Baptist church I know...nothing bad h a opened..
NO ONE PROFITS HERE ....But you don't get that ..except the SECUKARISTS against God ..in the,world and our government .....deflection..not a good defense ...
We get it Rose.

Will this make you feel better?

IT HAPPENED! PRIESTS ABSUED! BISHOPS COVERED UP!
THEY GOT THEM COUNSELING AND IT DIDNT WORK! WE PAID LOTS OF MONEY TO THE VICTIMS! THEY SCREWED UP BIG TIME! WE'RE ASHAMED OF THOSE SICK MEN! IF WE HAD A WAY-BACK-MACHINE WE WOULD GO BACK AND KNOCK SOME SKULLS!

Whew!!!

Now....Should the Catholics put on sack-cloth and repeat this on the forum each morning before posting?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#512692 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone understands that BUT CAN'T YOU SEE THE CHURCH HAS RULES ..COMMANDMENTS
about sex....That alone was a Sin for priests...in no way an educated Bishop could think sex with a child was a RIGHT THING...And the WORLD knows this..
A nd yes bad people use this as a foothold to get the CHURCH in a bad light ..to excuse their sins...just like pointing at Baptists who MAY ALSO have sinned.
You all brag about being VISIBLE the knife cuts both ways ..
I'm saying Francis should be very public in what the CHURCH DID AS ND IS DOING NOW ...or the UN POLICE get their way ..the,press like a,Him ...he should use that ...
I find it very hypocritical that while most protestants believe sin is sin, that you break one commandment you break them all, that every one of you profess to be a vile sinner, yet all we've seen on this forum is a constant rehash of the abuses committed by a small percentage of sick priests. Yes, they committed the crimes, yes, the popes and bishops have admitted it and apologized for it. Do you need him to stand up in St. Peter's everyday and say it over and over again?
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#512693 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm saying today.
Get real! Child advocates including Protestants which includes Baptists whichever derivation of it you are point out the hypcrisy, inconsistency and damage that people who focus on the Catholic church bring. You are an enabler when you are encourage anger and bigotry toward one church and foster imaginary claims and then get upset when someone points out that its a problem that needs to be dealt with everywhere and its not a Catholic issue and you dont get to play monday morning quarterback and say Oh if you had just put them in monestaries it would all be good. What a load of crap!

When the claim was made that Protestant churches never cover up, you were quick to respond with rage when that was proven to be a lie. Where was your rage for those who were fostering denial and no need in protestant churches for procedures or that its a catholic thing? When claims are made that all Catholic priests are pedophiles, drunks and homosexuals you are oddly silent. Its just deflection whenever a Catholic says something and all Catholics dont care, we should all just throw our hands up in the air and join a protestant heaven where no abuse ever happens when we know the vast majority did nothing wrong.

Pretty self righteous stuff you got there. Mikey is way beyond the Norm nor has he ever shown he cares other than to foster the nonsenses that you buy. Oh poor Mikey a Catholic said something bad to him. Oh you Catholics are doing what child advocates do so you are bad. All you have to do is say, You know Mike abuse is not exclusive to the Catholic church and posting about all day every day for years isnt going to change the facts, nor is it going to help encourage others to acknowledge its a very serious problem. Yeah if the church disappeared tomorrow poof it would all disappear. Then maybe he could post on your church alone and see how that goes.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512694 Feb 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm saying today.
Why is it wrong to call him a pervert? That's often what perverts do....they feign outrage all the while getting a sexual thrill by constantly talking about. His obsession certainly *is* suspicious, no doubt about it. Still, he pretty much admitted that he does it to get under our skin which is equally reprehensible because he's using the suffering of others as a weapon.

Don't say no one profits here. There are a number of people on this board alone who are getting quite a lot out of it. Why their joy over it is downright palpable.

Who's deflecting, Rose? It's just fact. If it's horrible --and it is-- then it's horrible everywhere. It is what it is. As I said, the overwhelming majority of these cases are decades old. Most of the time the recommended "treatment" was sought and the offenders were deemed "cured" by the medical and psychological community. Far better to send them for help than put them in a monastery somewhere and hope for the best. Did you read Anthony's excellent post? You should.

It's become a witch hunt and the only ones who are served by that are the "hunters". I don't like seeing the victims being used as they are on this board and elsewhere. They're being abused all over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 98,826
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min nanoanomaly 825,547
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min Paul Porter1 442,469
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 21 min Paul Porter1 70,123
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min Seriously__ 3,003
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min WildWeirdWillie 176,364
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Islam Forbids 270,574
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Paul Porter1 611,777
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr courteous europhobe 121,616
More from around the web