Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701694 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#512522 Feb 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your split from the church a gradual process, and if so, what was the last straw that set you free from religion?
Gradual process you say!!(lol)

When I started school there was no kindergarten. We started right in grade one. By the 3rd day I was already in trouble with my teacher. Sister Marceline.

Grade 4 I was sent to stand out in the hallway again during religion class, when I witnessed our young parish priest go into the principals office and scream at her for about 5 minutes. Our principal was a nun. He came out slammed the door he couldn't see me I was beside a bookshelf in the hallway. A minute later the nun came out her tears were still visible she saw me and asked why I was there. She said come with me. In a hurry we went down the hallway, down a flight of stairs out through the playground, across the street to the church. I didn't know what the hell was going on. We go to the back of the church and under a cabinet pull out a huge glass bottle full of holy water. I helped her pour water into the empty holy water containers at the front and back door entrances to the church.

Now I know why she was verbally abused by this priest. Couldn't he do this himself. Not his job? Just the week before the two nuns in our school were out in front of the church with a couple school kids shovelling the snow in front of the church. The 3 priests in the parish their cars in the driveway inside doing what?

That was the first start of my breakaway.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512523 Feb 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are groups of Protestants that have hierarchies, but with the churches splitting more and more into splinter groups any bozo can start his or her own church without having a hierarchy.
I should have added a disclaimer, as you are right of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses and many other Protestants no doubt have protected pedophiles in their midst.
Humans are great at one thing ... and that is ... manipulation.
And that is what I value about forums. When we grind axes we learn to have new thoughts, and as we go, we broaden our own perceptions ... if we choose to broaden them.
By broadening out thoughts, we can learn to not take our theories as anything more than new opinions, which are always subject to more and more change.
I appreciate what you're saying, June, although I don't agree that it's all subjective. But these 'people' aren't interested in broadening anything, except maybe the empty space between their ears. Isn't that what it takes to make a good bigot? We all have our prejudices, but bigotry has it's own special place that I believe most people choose not to visit. Except these 'kind folks'. There isn't an ounce of sincerity to be found among them. Using the sufferings of others as a weapon is as low as one can go. Yes, even lower than the actual crime that they're joyfully bandying about like so much gossip. Even to the point of promoting self-importance by posting "guidelines". What an (unfunny) joke.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#512524 Feb 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Regina!!!-----I appreciate being reminded of something that I have known ever since I became a Catholic that it is a total waste of time to respond to anti-catholic Protestant "fundies" or even atheists and agnostics who live their lives in anti-Catholic (bondage, hostility and hate). It is clearly evident that these Catholic "bashers" are living their (personal opinionated ) contradicting hearts, minds and souls shackled in vindictiveness and animosity against all Catholics and especially against Jesus Christ Catholic Church! Only by Gods enlighten Grace
can "any" of them find the TRUTH that they "continue" to reject, just like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11. Good to hear from you Regina! Gods blessing to you and your family!!!
Catholics used to take vows to die for the pope and the church at a moment's notice.

That is how they hypnotized their followers to kill innocent people as heretics ... as though a god ordained such activities.

Until you choose by your own will to wake up ... you will stay in your hypnotic trance.
Michael

Canada

#512525 Feb 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael!! We as Catholics "all know" that you are and anti-catholic "trash collector" of worthless and exaggerated fiction statistics that are only found to be festering among a small percentage liberal emancipated Catholics or former non-catholics like yourself who have better to do with their lives than to spread their animosity, vindictiveness, hostility and on going hatred against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and against His One True Catholic Church. If you think that any Catholic believes the "anti-catholic(trash talking) that you are so famous for, then you yourself are more "disoriented" than previously thought"!!!!!-----Yea---- Unbelievable is what you are!!!!
thank you for those lovely comments.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#512526 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
what exaggerated dirt?
Below is a story right from THE VATICAN February 3rd. 2014
The vatican has commissioned the bishops to go out and beat the bushes and find out what catholics are doing and believing about their church.
The VATICAN states the ""MAJORITY" " of roman catholics today are NOT following the doctrines of the church.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article....
Remember its not MICHAEL SAYS, ITS THE VATICAN SAYS!!
I believe about 10 percent " if that much" based upon what, how, and from who writes the story regarding the "real truth" and the authenticity of the media "anti-catholic (hack) writers! You,Michael also fall into that 10 percent categories!!!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#512527 Feb 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your about the dumbest catholic I ever met...you need to deal with the demons that are within you before you try and correct me or anyone else....
There you go again ... others have "demons" in them and you are above and beyond such infiltration of evil, as wonderful YOU is filled with only holiness.

Silly people.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512528 Feb 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your about the dumbest catholic I ever met...you need to deal with the demons that are within you before you try and correct me or anyone else...Yes, your post was disgusting.When people disagree with you you post the most grude and perverted insults that no other catholic in this forum posts. You have to accuse people of being a child molester and performing a sexual act on a computer That's your debate skills. The only person in this forum working for the devil is you. Every time you open your mouth and post the filth that you do is a mark against you in the Book of Life....Clean up your own act before pointing fingers.You have been asked by another catholic to post in a way that would be a much better reflection of your church. After all, you are representing your church.
Hmmm, never done that, I guess you have the dirty mind. You want a fight to try to ban me and others. go and do something for others like work at a homeless shelter.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#512529 Feb 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
-------WHAT-------??? WHAT IS THE QUESTION AND WHAT IS THE ANSWER,
SOMEWHERE IN THERE DEFENDING AND PROTECTING THE CHILD GOT LOST.
and --------The Holy See does, however, regret to see in some points of the Concluding Observations an attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching on the dignity of human person and in the exercise of religious freedom.---------
Became the issue. What happened to defending and protecting the children.
They were talking about the demand that the church conform to their view that abortion, contraception and homosexuality must be approved, not protection of the child. Well perhaps you dont agree that an unborn child is worthy of protection. Maybe you can send the records of you and your husband along with some cake and the UN can tell you what you need to believe and if you dont like it, everyone can rail on you.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512530 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>We are the biggest targets because we love Christ, it's Christ's church, the devil is in this , he wants to destroy what Christ loves. He won't win. We are targets because we standup for what we know is right, being against abortion, contraception, same sex marriage because these things go against what God wants us to be..
There's a lot of truth in that. Look at who's making the attacks and what their values are? Secularists who approve of anything and everything, and so-called Christians who promote contraception and the like. According to them it's all good and there is no objective truth. Their credo is "After all who cares, as long as you're nice to people."
Michael

Canada

#512531 Feb 6, 2014
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#512532 Feb 6, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate what you're saying, June, although I don't agree that it's all subjective. But these 'people' aren't interested in broadening anything, except maybe the empty space between their ears.
Of course beliefs are subjective. We own our beliefs ... but I suggest that doesn't mean that we own absolute truth.

Because you are stuck in your own religious cult, you are wanting others to view life as you view it.

You are the one that has to climb out of your personalized religious cult and find out WHY others are disagreeing with you, but it's your choice. No one can do it for you.
Michael

Canada

#512533 Feb 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe about 10 percent " if that much" based upon what, how, and from who writes the story regarding the "real truth" and the authenticity of the media "anti-catholic (hack) writers! You,Michael also fall into that 10 percent categories!!!
HOJO says.......... I believe about 10 percent " if that much" based upon what, how, and from who writes the story.

MICHAEL says.......That is what I am reporting! The 10% that you believe. The other 90% is just lies, thats why I don't report it.

Now your getting it!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#512534 Feb 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, from your perspective, you are 90% real truth and Michael is 10% categories???

How funny!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512535 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very rare. ReginaM posting to a fellow catholic named HOJO. Usually ReginaM mostly posts to non catholics.
She has changed her ways.
Make up your mind. Last week you were complaining that I was "running" to the Catholics.
So much for the moron who laughed at your post.

Thanks for reading my posts!!!!!!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512536 Feb 6, 2014
“In the inner heart of every person the voice of God and the insidious voice of the Evil One can be heard. The latter seeks to deceive the human person, seducing him with the prospect of false goods, to lead him away from the real good that consists precisely in fulfilling the divine will.”

~ Pope John Paul II, Angelus, March 9, 2003
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#512537 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
They were talking about the demand that the church conform to their view that abortion, contraception and homosexuality must be approved, not protection of the child.
They are talking about not allowing your church hierarchy to any longer use a bible to bully women who use contraceptives, and have abortions. And to no longer be allowed to use scriptures from their bible to bully homosexuals.

And it's HIGH time!
Michael

Canada

#512538 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
They were talking about the demand that the church conform to their view that abortion, contraception and homosexuality must be approved, not protection of the child. Well perhaps you dont agree that an unborn child is worthy of protection. Maybe you can send the records of you and your husband along with some cake and the UN can tell you what you need to believe and if you dont like it, everyone can rail on you.
Dust Storm says..........Well perhaps you don't agree that an unborn child is worthy of protection.

Michael says.......I am pro-life myself.

......... How much worthyness did the church put on the thousands of our children abused at the hands of the clergy for many many years? Where was their protection?

Come ON!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#512539 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, never done that, I guess you have the dirty mind. You want a fight to try to ban me and others. go and do something for others like work at a homeless shelter.
I thought she objected to personal attacks and insults. Guess I misunderstood.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#512540 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very rare. ReginaM posting to a fellow catholic named HOJO. Usually ReginaM mostly posts to non catholics.
She has changed her ways.
Why should this surprise you Michael!!! "All of us Catholics on this forum are united and remain True to the biblical, historical and traditional teachings of the Church, the magisterium and especially the TRUTH of Jesus Christ Himself and the Church that He gave us over 2000 years ago, which has somehow escaped your confused and disoriented heart, mind and soul!
It is never to late Michael!!! God continues to wait with "open arms" just like He did with the rebellious and defiant Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11----that is until he eventually "came to his senses"!!!
Michael

Canada

#512541 Feb 6, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind. Last week you were complaining that I was "running" to the Catholics.
So much for the moron who laughed at your post.
Thanks for reading my posts!!!!!!
Me!, make up MY MIND!!

You just told HOJO that you and him were not going to post to me anymore. What do you do? 2 minutes later..........you post to me!

.......and a lovely post it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min nanoanomaly 80,460
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min nanoanomaly 995,802
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Prince of Darkness 448,414
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,872
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 1 hr thehells 62
His Time has Come!: James Harden 2017-18 MVP!!! 14 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Chubby gay horny 16 hr Chick-fil-A-Sam 3