Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 672821 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511938 Feb 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still living on your "isolated, individual, remote and one man island of bible only anti-catholic propaganda that you have become "so famous for" ever since you came on this forum!!!! The only person that has "bought into" the distortion, lies and deceit that you (continue) to sprew out --- in your OWN desperate isolated"world ----is YOU, Ox!!! There. Is only one Truth-and that Truth has, is and will "Always" be firmly established and grounded in Over 2000 years of the historically and biblically Proven Truth in Jesus Christ and his One True Apostolic
Catholic Church. You continue to "fish and catch nothing" Ox----just like St Peter before his True conversion to Jesus Christ!!!!!!
You do not believe the Word of God!!!! You, as much, are calling God liar!!!!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511939 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I would ask you to consider the possibility that much of the problem between Protestants and Catholics on this board is our diametrically opposed understanding and belief in what the Church is, which makes it difficult to argue about theology and leave the personal out of it. Many of you would just walk out the door of your independent church if the pastor or someone was involved in serious sin. You'd feel just fine checking out the other independents in town til you found one that you felt comfortable in. You wouldn't take it personal if everyone badmouthed the person or community involved because you'd no longer have a connection to them. You'd feel safe in your relationship with God and believe you could find Him in any number of different denominations if it came to that. There's no real loyalty.
On the other hand, faithful Catholics take the failure of our leaders personally because we believe the Church is the Body of Christ. We would not, could not leave the Church because we would be separating ourselves from Christ's Body. We don't believe the fullness of the faith is anywhere but in the Church. Yes, we are ashamed of the abuse scandal, but in all honesty, this causes the faithful Catholic to cling even more tightly to the Church and demand holiness and purity from our leaders. So when I'm told my Church is an abortion, the Whore of Babylon, the pope and all the clergy or perverted sodomites, our doctrines are satanic, our Eucharist is a cracker, etc., I take it personally because the attack is against me, a person who is a part of the Body.
Also regarding Michael...yes,I know,you guys,hate,the scandal.....Indonesia..I loved the n u be,and priests,who taught me..

But for one,or two of you to say HE'S, a,pervert ...same,person..who insinuated nonsense,between Sera and cowboy...me..her dog...low,gutter things....just not necessary ..

And I did mean it God bless,you for what you said yesterday....we,all know,or are,or may be,sick someday ....it's,not fodder for gloating...

Is,what brings,out any more,adverse,remarks...persona lly I'd go the other way...I think he may know,someone or feel betrayed by a,priest he,had,for confession regarding relayed topics...But WE,HAVE NO IDEA...And to call or even intimate,he's,a,pervert is,wrong ...

Lastly Anthony ...God,sees us,as,we,post...one reason I ask forgiveness for my anger..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511940 Feb 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still living on your "isolated, individual, remote and one man island of bible only anti-catholic propaganda that you have become "so famous for" ever since you came on this forum!!!! The only person that has "bought into" the distortion, lies and deceit that you (continue) to sprew out --- in your OWN desperate isolated"world ----is YOU, Ox!!! There. Is only one Truth-and that Truth has, is and will "Always" be firmly established and grounded in Over 2000 years of the historically and biblically Proven Truth in Jesus Christ and his One True Apostolic
Catholic Church. You continue to "fish and catch nothing" Ox----just like St Peter before his True conversion to Jesus Christ!!!!!!
sec try...

You don't believe the Word of God!!!! You are, as much, as calling God a liar!!!!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511941 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do get that...think I've said that ....You love your Church...Catholic Church...
But this,has,been a debate forum for years,about the Catholic Church...And non Catholics ...
.my disagreement is,with individual beliefs 're the CHURCH , you all have..some of which surprised me actually .
I am pretty sure I've not said ANY of what you said....as,i don't see it that way ..... I am NOT ANTI CATHOLIC ...But disagree,with some,things....I've never doubted many are saved within the Chur c h...there are things...mysteries ...That are just that ...And imo we,will know,when God c chooses to let us,know,....
It is foolish to fifth t over them..But we do..I draw,the line ....I'll wait ...
My point is,how,we,treat EACH OTHER .....I know,it's,hard...I get 've r y angry ..And try to do better ...some core beliefs,I won't argue,....yet I'm called a,bigot ..
I believe as,I said CHRISTS CHURCH IS,ALL OF US...You all don't ...And that does,make for argument ...I think the Reformation reformed YOUR CHURCH as,well as the rest of Christianity .
But making folks,hurt and upset ..over things,they have no control over ....And I've seen it done...not just here by attacking ...is,beneath us,as followers,of Christ ....
That's,my opinion..
And I know,for My ...my anger pierces,my conscience ...
So I take a break ....hopefully ...
It's,funny being accused of not answering posts,...who has,time for them if you are off for hours,....or being told Catholics,won't post to me...
I I do know,things,non Catholics,don't...one time long back I was asked privately ..does the host taste,like meat .''''she honestly DID NOT KNOW,...
Does,the,wine have an alcohol content ....another question.....
Just saying ...I think a,lot of congregations, especially older were done a, great disservice in what we,were,taught about each other....I know,i was, t old really bad things,about Baptsts,..totally untrue ....
I wish we could all stay away from Church and dis c has,JESUS...what HE d I'd. HOW,HE COUKD LOVE ME AND YOU...sinners,all of us...That much.
But I know,that's,futile,wishing ...
Well rose, you don't understand that the Catholic Church was founded by Christ. Protestants wanted to change what Christ taught on things like remarrying etc. They quit believing that Christ is the Eucharist and started a lot of heresies . We go to Church to celebrate And receive Christ. Protestants don't do that, Christ wants us in His house, we should go to church more often and receive Christ. We should make Holy Hours by going to Eucharistic Adoration often. this is why it's so important to stay Catholic and be Catholic. Many people quit going to church because of secularism. What does it say that a person refuses to go to church and visit Christ? another thing, you complain a whole lot about people being nasty, well thunder is extremely abusive to posters and you do not say a word to her. NOTHING and post how you say in private isn't worth the spit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511942 Feb 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is you do this ALL the time. An unfixable flaw in your character.
.... You get upset when anyone doesn't agree with your Catholicism. You criticize and insult posters because their religious customs/traditions don't parallel yours. You build up anger within, we all see it in your posts, we all try and guess when you are about to explode, then without warning like a pressure cooker you unleash your anger towards the person that has caused you several sleepless nights and the heavy guilt yoy carry sets in that you have offended God.
..... Next thing you always do is tell the poster they have said some terrible things to hurt your feelings but you tell them that you have too and let's be friends again, OK!
Give it a couple weeks and you will do it all over again. We just don't know who will be receiving your criticisms and insults next.
......... Your wife I am sure, knows exactly what I am talking about.
Thank you. All one can do as a Christian is try to imitate Christ. That's what He asks of us.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#511943 Feb 4, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YEP. when Jesus is Speaking to us, WE WILL KNOW IT. IT WAS HIS WORDS, SO DONT BE SO STUPID TO THINK THAT IT WAS JUST A PHYSICAL EVENT IN EATING.
CLAY< I must admit that you are the most illiterate person I have ever known.
You're twisting around the Scriptures to fit your new theology.
fact:

- Jesus was speaking to them the WHOLE day. They didn't recognize Him the WHOLE day. Until he gave them the Eucharist.
Read it again Preston. Your opinion couldn't possibly make sense.

Slice, dice, fit and mold....Whatever not gotta do to the Scriptures man.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511944 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Also regarding Michael...yes,I know,you guys,hate,the scandal.....Indonesia..I loved the n u be,and priests,who taught me..
But for one,or two of you to say HE'S, a,pervert ...same,person..who insinuated nonsense,between Sera and cowboy...me..her dog...low,gutter things....just not necessary ..
And I did mean it God bless,you for what you said yesterday....we,all know,or are,or may be,sick someday ....it's,not fodder for gloating...
Is,what brings,out any more,adverse,remarks...persona lly I'd go the other way...I think he may know,someone or feel betrayed by a,priest he,had,for confession regarding relayed topics...But WE,HAVE NO IDEA...And to call or even intimate,he's,a,pervert is,wrong ...
Lastly Anthony ...God,sees us,as,we,post...one reason I ask forgiveness for my anger..
http://catholicexchange.com/aux-bishop-conley...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#511945 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I continue on my journey every day to follow Christ more perfectly. Some days it's two steps forward, one step back. For my backward steps I apologize and hope the next day will only be forward. Blessing to you and Nick.
Blessings to you also.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511946 Feb 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're twisting around the Scriptures to fit your new theology.
fact:
- Jesus was speaking to them the WHOLE day. They didn't recognize Him the WHOLE day. Until he gave them the Eucharist.
Read it again Preston. Your opinion couldn't possibly make sense.
Slice, dice, fit and mold....Whatever not gotta do to the Scriptures man.
Once a Catholic ... never a Jew.

Once a Jew ... Never a Catholic.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511947 Feb 4, 2014
Humorous theology

If Jesus came back to earth ... would he come dressed as a Jewish Rabbi ... or as a Catholic pope ... or as a Protestant minister???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#511948 Feb 4, 2014
From everything that we have heard up to now, it is clear that anger is an odious vice. It "animalizes" man and turns him into a "demon." Furthermore, whoever allows himself to be dominated by this vice becomes a plaything of the demons, who terrorize such a bold person through frightful nocturnal visions

Evagrius Ponticus (343-399 AD)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511949 Feb 4, 2014
According to some Muslims, Jesus will come back converted to Islam by the Mahdi that will come with him and take all the saved Muslims to Islam's Paradise.

I don't know who will cater to that big event in the sky, but it's bound to be "explosive."

:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511950 Feb 4, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is all there and yet you are unable to comprehend one letter of what Jesus has said.lol
and there is a reason as to why YOU cant discern it.
get Saved and you will know thru the Spirit what it means and the admonishment behind it, and the danger that you have wrought with your soul every time you drink that wine and eat that piece of grain.
you are a lost soul and continue to place your soul in jeopardy
As were all of the first Christian communities and every Christian until the reformation. Thank God you showed up to set us all straight.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511951 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do get that...think I've said that ....You love your Church...Catholic Church...
But this,has,been a debate forum for years,about the Catholic Church...And non Catholics ...
.my disagreement is,with individual beliefs 're the CHURCH , you all have..some of which surprised me actually .
I am pretty sure I've not said ANY of what you said....as,i don't see it that way ..... I am NOT ANTI CATHOLIC ...But disagree,with some,things....I've never doubted many are saved within the Chur c h...there are things...mysteries ...That are just that ...And imo we,will know,when God c chooses to let us,know,....
It is foolish to fifth t over them..But we do..I draw,the line ....I'll wait ...
My point is,how,we,treat EACH OTHER .....I know,it's,hard...I get 've r y angry ..And try to do better ...some core beliefs,I won't argue,....yet I'm called a,bigot ..
I believe as,I said CHRISTS CHURCH IS,ALL OF US...You all don't ...And that does,make for argument ...I think the Reformation reformed YOUR CHURCH as,well as the rest of Christianity .
But making folks,hurt and upset ..over things,they have no control over ....And I've seen it done...not just here by attacking ...is,beneath us,as followers,of Christ ....
That's,my opinion..
And I know,for My ...my anger pierces,my conscience ...
So I take a break ....hopefully ...
It's,funny being accused of not answering posts,...who has,time for them if you are off for hours,....or being told Catholics,won't post to me...
I I do know,things,non Catholics,don't...one time long back I was asked privately ..does the host taste,like meat .''''she honestly DID NOT KNOW,...
Does,the,wine have an alcohol content ....another question.....
Just saying ...I think a,lot of congregations, especially older were done a, great disservice in what we,were,taught about each other....I know,i was, t old really bad things,about Baptsts,..totally untrue ....
I wish we could all stay away from Church and dis c has,JESUS...what HE d I'd. HOW,HE COUKD LOVE ME AND YOU...sinners,all of us...That much.
But I know,that's,futile,wishing ...
Thanks for your response Rose. I know, the personal insults have got to end.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511952 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you folks,applauded the,post..in fact two of you spoke against it...
As,I said...
And that post IS,GONE,...thank God...from the board anyway ...
so enough for me on the subject ...
We,all have to answer for ourselves..
I'm glad you like your weather ...freezing rain????
Wouldn't snow be better?? As a kid we,loved snow,days...no school ...snowmen..etc...I'm sure our parents,not so crazy about it ...being an adult...has,it's,disadvantages ...
Bad thing about cold is,as we,get o elector affects,US,...
What is,a,retroactive abortion...I'm again s t all abortion ...
That's,about it ..take care
We got the snow yesterday. The freezing rain is just the *Icing* on the cake!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511953 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Rose, whenever Michael taunts and provokes Catholics about the abuse scandal our calling is to respond in Christian charity and humility, acknowledging the sin and to pray for the conversion of lost souls.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511954 Feb 4, 2014
Chill Out and Cheer Up With St. Thomas Aquinas

"Blessed be the Lord; for love of him St. Thomas Aquinas spent long hours in prayer, study and writing." (Lauds, Jan. 28th)

St. Thomas Aquinas is a favorite in our family, so we will certainly be praying the full office in his honor, using the Common for Doctors of the Church. My husband's degree is in Thomistic philosophy, and we'll be sending a third child to Thomas Aquinas College next year to study the same.
I'm not a scholar, but whenever I dip into the Summa, I am impressed and delighted at St. Thomas' method of setting out a question, stating objections, and then giving his reasoned conclusion.

St. Thomas reasoned and wrote about thousands of topics. These ranged from sublime to practical. Book II of the Summa deals with the moral and spiritual life. One section, "Of the remedies for sorrow or pain"(Part I Q.38), contains much of the same advice that we still see today when we open those magazines whose covers promise " Simple Ways to Lift Your Mood". St. Thomas recommends that we:

1. Vent a bit:"tears and groans assuage sorrow... a hurtful thing hurts yet more if we keep it shut up."

2. Indulge yourself in some way:"sorrow is driven out by pleasure"

3. Take a hot bath and get a good night's sleep: "sorrow,by its nature, is contrary to the vital movement of the body; and consequently whatever restores the bodily nature to its due state of vital movement, is opposed to sorrow and assuages it."

4. Talk to a friend:"when a man's friends condole with him, he sees that he is loved by them and this affords him pleasure."
Last and not usually mentioned in today's articles:

5. Contemplate the Truth: "And therefore, in the midst of tribulations, men men rejoiced in the contemplation of divine things and of future happiness...in the powers of the soul there is an overflow from the higher to the lower powers; and accordingly,the pleasure of contemplation overflows so as to mitigate even that pain which is in the senses."

All in all, great advice to help you forget your troubles and get us through the dreary days of winter.
http://dariasockey.blogspot.com/2012/01/chill...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511955 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I continue on my journey every day to follow Christ more perfectly. Some days it's two steps forward, one step back. For my backward steps I apologize and hope the next day will only be forward. Blessing to you and Nick.
So do we,all if we,love CHRIST...I 've taken many steps,backwards...giving up...letting go of our love for Him is,the,real tragedy.

My comment before,on WHY...
I've often wondered...He,sacrificed for us,to save,us..left perfect heaven for us

.to take our Sin to the Cross ...so that we, might live with Him in heaven for eternity ...I think.we,can agree ..BUT WHY...

Who are,we,that HE wants,to be with us....builds,mansions,for us,after having died for us,..
I mean really what could we ADD to the,quality of His,life..

What can we,possibly give Him.to merit HIS,.love.....

Our love and worship is,the,only answer I can think of....But it's,hard to understand,why ...

Than I look at my children and,now,my grandchildren ....And I understand just a,bit ...

Just food for thought ...we,all serve a,great GOD
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511956 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
Chill Out and Cheer Up With St. Thomas Aquinas
"Blessed be the Lord; for love of him St. Thomas Aquinas spent long hours in prayer, study and writing." (Lauds, Jan. 28th)
St. Thomas Aquinas is a favorite in our family, so we will certainly be praying the full office in his honor, using the Common for Doctors of the Church. My husband's degree is in Thomistic philosophy, and we'll be sending a third child to Thomas Aquinas College next year to study the same.
I'm not a scholar, but whenever I dip into the Summa, I am impressed and delighted at St. Thomas' method of setting out a question, stating objections, and then giving his reasoned conclusion.
St. Thomas reasoned and wrote about thousands of topics. These ranged from sublime to practical. Book II of the Summa deals with the moral and spiritual life. One section, "Of the remedies for sorrow or pain"(Part I Q.38), contains much of the same advice that we still see today when we open those magazines whose covers promise " Simple Ways to Lift Your Mood". St. Thomas recommends that we:
1. Vent a bit:"tears and groans assuage sorrow... a hurtful thing hurts yet more if we keep it shut up."
2. Indulge yourself in some way:"sorrow is driven out by pleasure"
3. Take a hot bath and get a good night's sleep: "sorrow,by its nature, is contrary to the vital movement of the body; and consequently whatever restores the bodily nature to its due state of vital movement, is opposed to sorrow and assuages it."
4. Talk to a friend:"when a man's friends condole with him, he sees that he is loved by them and this affords him pleasure."
Last and not usually mentioned in today's articles:
5. Contemplate the Truth: "And therefore, in the midst of tribulations, men men rejoiced in the contemplation of divine things and of future happiness...in the powers of the soul there is an overflow from the higher to the lower powers; and accordingly,the pleasure of contemplation overflows so as to mitigate even that pain which is in the senses."
All in all, great advice to help you forget your troubles and get us through the dreary days of winter.
http://dariasockey.blogspot.com/2012/01/chill...
How I love St. Thomas.

†
Michael

Canada

#511957 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right Rose, whenever Michael taunts and provokes Catholics about the abuse scandal our calling is to respond in Christian charity and humility, acknowledging the sin and to pray for the conversion of lost souls.
....Your telling us that if a rapist was running loose in your neighborhood you would be telling your neighbors to respond in a christian charitable and humility way and to pray for the person at large?

.., I am glad you don't live in my neighborhood.

With comments like yours tells us why the scandals went on for many years because catholics feared to do the right thing. Question church authorities putting their feet to the fire demanding accountability.

Many of your church leaders have made complete fools of the followers, in almost every diocese in america.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 104,442
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 445,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min servants of satan 981,134
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr Mylilsexcrete 19
Dem Libs Has Need Of Gay Rabbits 1 hr WTF 1
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 388
Ryan et al The Infinity Code 2 hr maher86 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Choir Loft 286,298
More from around the web