Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511905 Feb 4, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Hello there How was your day/
Long and sharp. LOL!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511906 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one admired their analytical skills, nor garnered anyone's respect...in a very *Personal* way. Now did they? Just a thought, Rose...for us all.
Btw, you never did let us know your thoughts on "retroactive abortion". Somehow you managed to let that one slide...among others. Another thought...for a select few.
Onto other topics.....hope you're enjoying some decent weather down there. We're due for freezing rain tonight, but I'll take it over Florida any day.
Peace.
I never said you folks,applauded the,post..in fact two of you spoke against it...
As,I said...
And that post IS,GONE,...thank God...from the board anyway ...
so enough for me on the subject ...
We,all have to answer for ourselves..

I'm glad you like your weather ...freezing rain????
Wouldn't snow be better?? As a kid we,loved snow,days...no school ...snowmen..etc...I'm sure our parents,not so crazy about it ...being an adult...has,it's,disadvantages ...

Bad thing about cold is,as we,get o elector affects,US,...
What is,a,retroactive abortion...I'm again s t all abortion ...

That's,about it ..take care
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511907 Feb 4, 2014
The Jews that created their one-god dogma didn't need a devil in their literature.

They created the illusion that their god Jehovah or Adonai, or Elohim or whatever they called him created good AND evil.

They made it plain that their god was a mixture of emotions and he could swing from being holy to evil in the flash of a Jewish theologian's pen.

Those monotheistic Jews were "marksmen." No question about it whatsoever.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511908 Feb 4, 2014
"they abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which the father, in His goodness, raised up again"
Ignatius, Disciple of the Apostle John

How do you explain that, Oldjeep? Was Ignatius a "Roman" Catholic?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#511909 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know what occurred my friend.
Just warning you that; " As you have judged, so you will be judged, by the same rule;"
And that goes for ALL of US....
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511910 Feb 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely "nothing" to debate when it involves the historical and biblical TRUTH regarding the proven and authenticated TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the genuine and conclusive TRUTH of His one (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!..
Are you really so naïve as to believe that had Jesus lived as a Jewish rabbi, he would have chosen to be baptized as a Catholic by John in the river Jordan, and in turn disobeyed his own father Elohim?

According to your church fathers, Jesus didn't start the religion ... it already existed ... and Jesus simply joined the gang of Jewish traitors that needed his image to start their new religion.

You might think their is a god on high that loved you as his little Catholic fondling ... but I suggest you are living an illusion ... albeit a grandiose illusion ... according to you.

Location hidden

#511911 Feb 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Long and sharp. LOL!
LOL
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511912 Feb 4, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And that goes for ALL of US....
Yes indeed.
Michael

Canada

#511913 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I continue on my journey every day to follow Christ more perfectly. Some days it's two steps forward, one step back. For my backward steps I apologize and hope the next day will only be forward. Blessing to you and Nick.
Problem is you do this ALL the time. An unfixable flaw in your character.

.... You get upset when anyone doesn't agree with your Catholicism. You criticize and insult posters because their religious customs/traditions don't parallel yours. You build up anger within, we all see it in your posts, we all try and guess when you are about to explode, then without warning like a pressure cooker you unleash your anger towards the person that has caused you several sleepless nights and the heavy guilt yoy carry sets in that you have offended God.

..... Next thing you always do is tell the poster they have said some terrible things to hurt your feelings but you tell them that you have too and let's be friends again, OK!

Give it a couple weeks and you will do it all over again. We just don't know who will be receiving your criticisms and insults next.

......... Your wife I am sure, knows exactly what I am talking about.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#511914 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know what occurred my friend.
Just warning you that; " As you have judged, so you will be judged, by the same rule;"
lol, I doubt if any person is going to be judged by God because they consider themselves NOT A COWARD,DO YOU?

your words have no authority nor should they exhibit any power coming from YOU.

In fact, you were not even on this forum when I used that word concerning myself. as I believe it has been proven, that I am not a coward. I have withstood all attacks against me even when it has come from those who are perceived to be religious.

AND I AM STILL HERE FIGHTING AGAINST YOUR FALSE IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM AND ITS PAGAN PRACTICES
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511915 Feb 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
Was Ignatius a "Roman" Catholic?
If he wasn't a character in a Catholicized staged play, I suggest he would have been a Catholic.

When fact is blurred with fiction, it's any body's guess which is which.

The idea that a group of Jewish apostles and Jesus and Mary and the three wise men all joined Catholicism is more likely to be a myth than not.

Ignatius might not have been a mythical character. But who can say for sure.

The myths of time cause brain see-sures.

Location hidden

#511916 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed.
Thank you ...

Location hidden

#511917 Feb 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so naïve as to believe that had Jesus lived as a Jewish rabbi, he would have chosen to be baptized as a Catholic by John in the river Jordan, and in turn disobeyed his own father Elohim?
According to your church fathers, Jesus didn't start the religion ... it already existed ... and Jesus simply joined the gang of Jewish traitors that needed his image to start their new religion.
You might think their is a god on high that loved you as his little Catholic fondling ... but I suggest you are living an illusion ... albeit a grandiose illusion ... according to you.
Jesus was baptized a catholic?? Gotta call someone in the know and check this one out.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511918 Feb 4, 2014
Two men on the road to Emmaus do not even recognize Jesus who was speaking directly to them and trying to explain the scriptures. That is, until our Lord gave them the Eucharist and their "eyes were opened".

"When He was at the table with them, he took bread and blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished out of their sight. They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures? And they rose that hour and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the Eleven gathered together and those who were with them, who said "the Lord has risen indeed and has appeared to Simon!" Then they told what happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of the bread"

Luke 24:30-35

"He was known to them in the breaking of the bread".
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511919 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you folks,applauded the,post..in fact two of you spoke against it...
As,I said...
And that post IS,GONE,...thank God...from the board anyway ...
so enough for me on the subject ...
We,all have to answer for ourselves..
I'm glad you like your weather ...freezing rain????
Wouldn't snow be better?? As a kid we,loved snow,days...no school ...snowmen..etc...I'm sure our parents,not so crazy about it ...being an adult...has,it's,disadvantages ...
Bad thing about cold is,as we,get o elector affects,US,...
That's,about it ..take care
Ah, no it's not.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#511920 Feb 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
it is all there and yet you are unable to comprehend one letter of what Jesus has said.lol

and there is a reason as to why YOU cant discern it.

get Saved and you will know thru the Spirit what it means and the admonishment behind it, and the danger that you have wrought with your soul every time you drink that wine and eat that piece of grain.

you are a lost soul and continue to place your soul in jeopardy
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511921 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If (for instance) Muslim women have abortions, it will save your image of a god the time and impatience of judging them as evil. The little spirits can go directly back to your holy god and spend eternity with him as undefiled sinners.

Wouldn't that be considerate???

Religion is based on bunkology, and that includes your "specialty."
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511922 Feb 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
"For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ was made flesh by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nourished...is both the flesh and blood of that incarnated Jesus"
Justin Martyr
God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows:'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho",[41: 8-10]
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#511923 Feb 4, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<AND I AM STILL HERE FIGHTING AGAINST YOUR FALSE IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM AND ITS PAGAN PRACTICES
WHOA there ... Pagans have pride too ... and they believed they were saved long before your infestation of Christianity became a word in a dictionary.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511924 Feb 4, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was baptized a catholic?? Gotta call someone in the know and check this one out.
Oldgee is hammering away at the Eucharist, which is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a great opportunity for you to defend the Lord and your Orthodox faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min youareadufus 47,250
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 52 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 3 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 6 hr Trace 79
More from around the web