Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638098 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511555 Feb 3, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
And it took how many centuries for the Church to interpret what Jesus said and the meaning of what Christ said
It's not easy to create myths and try to make believable.

To claim that a god in the sky impregnated a women on earth is to ask humans to stretch their imaginations WAY beyond what should be any limits whatsoever.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#511556 Feb 3, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! So you are sera, it worked, I knew bringing up his illness would make you extremely upset, so I also knew black thunder was either sera or her husband, both probably use the name. You got played big time.
Husker, I would ask that you refrain from this vindictive and mean-spirited behavior and take a more charitable approach when dealing with people here. It is not productive and in my opinion casts a negative light on Christ and His Church. We are all guilty of this at one time or another, but please take some time to examine your conscience.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511557 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was related to the meaning of a particular passage in the scripture. I guess you missed that huh?
Jesus "turning" on the Jews is just a poorly constructed supposition of yourself and many others' part, who jump to conclusion without evidence.
Here's another ancient Egyptian proverb that is fitting:
- A man can't be judge of his neighbor' intelligence. His own vital experience is never his neighbor's.
As the song goes: "Still a man he see's what he wants to see, and disregards the rest...la, la, la".....
So you believe that a god in the sky impregnated a virgin on earth and Jesus came out of Mary's womb to in turn be a teacher of truth???

Do you believe he was a Jewish Rabbi, who then decided to teach a religion that is now atoned to exactly what you believe is truth???

Are you fool enough to believe that nonsense, and at the same time believe you have indeed attained HIGH knowledge???

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511558 Feb 3, 2014
<quoted text>==========
So Our Savior, the Son of God couldnt have just made it crystal clear that Peter was to be head of the Church as well as his successors. Instead he had Peter role play it and we had to figure it out.
Catholics compiled the new testament, and they never made anything crystal clear, simply because the Catholic authors couldn't agree on the words and actions to put in the Jesus-character they created.

Jesus supposedly was a Catholic when he died on the cross. But that would mean that Elohim was in Catholic heaven ... waiting for Jesus to return ... which would be very difficult, as Elohim (according to the Jews) resides ONLY in Olam Haba.

So who created Christian heaven for Jesus to go to after he died. WHO???

Religions were schemes created by schemers.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511560 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that is in your new testament that is not the direct words of Jesus is nothing more than supposition and elaboration of men, many of which are questionable about their honor and integrity.
How funny!

The Catholics compiled the story of Jesus and all he supposedly said and did ... so why would you trust anything whatsoever approved by the Catholics except for the reason that you want to also USE the Jesus-myth for your own religious desires???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511561 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, if I learn the symbols that satiate your whims, would I then be on my way to learning what you refer to as "knowledge???"
Ancient proverb:
- What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious for me alone: if I unveil it to anyone else, he hears mere words which betray the living sense: Profanation, but never revelation.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511562 Feb 3, 2014
<quoted text>==
They have to stretch the truth and claim there are many.
You first have to know if truth exists before you can stretch it.

I suggest that those in religion simply stretch more and more lies.

"God loves ME ... ME ... ME ... blah, blah blah.........."

Location hidden

#511563 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest your illusion is that you have attained HIGH knowledge ... and that arrogance lives in you by your own invitation.
I suggest you are suffering inferiority complex again or still, and projecting your insecurities upon me as usual.
Again...blaming me for your own inability to compete mentally is the fault of your own laziness and willful ignorance, not anyone else's.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511564 Feb 3, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the holy spirit guide you in interpreting Scripture?
It guides all of them ... that's why they never disagree.

:)

And by the way, you will never read that an evil spirit is guiding any of them. They through those insults over the fence into the neighbor's yard.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511565 Feb 3, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> So, he himself said he had a problem, His illness has a lot to do with it, he needs to change his life before it's too late, they find it hatefull because they can't accept him being sick. You yourself have posted some extremely hatefilled posts calling posters*pig*. So don't throw me under the bus when you are just as guilty.
I'm not throwing you under any bus, I just don't think his illness has anything to do with what is posted here. As far as the "pig" is concerned, All I did was copy and repost his own words back to him, and yes his words are extremely hate-filled. I don't know him. And I don't know you either, Husker, although he needs to pretend that I do in order to justify his delusions about me. He's got some serious problems which is why we usually ignore him. If you'll notice, none of the Catholics respond to him and I shouldn't have either.

My point to you was (and is) that if they want to be ugly, don't respond in kind, rise above it. That's all I was saying.

To Everyone: For what it's worth, I think people post far too much personal information on these forums. This is not the place to post past sins and transgressions, details of illnesses, family problems, etc. I've been on this forum for a number of years now and have seen people post the most intimate details of their lives. I'm amazed! That is not prudent, people!

Now if you will all kindly leave me out of your squabbles, I'd appreciate it.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511567 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have is curable...it's called "education".
REALLY???

I suggest that every person posting religion on this forum believes he/she is tops in education.

Location hidden

#511568 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that a god in the sky impregnated a virgin on earth and Jesus came out of Mary's womb to in turn be a teacher of truth???
Do you believe he was a Jewish Rabbi, who then decided to teach a religion that is now atoned to exactly what you believe is truth???
Are you fool enough to believe that nonsense, and at the same time believe you have indeed attained HIGH knowledge???
I don't believe any of that and you know it bozo. Or have you no connection to your memory any more.
Is it illegal for me to discuss the writings of any religion by YOU now. How arrogant of you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#511569 Feb 3, 2014
ti si lipota

a ja sam ruglo

ti hajde svojoj lipoti lucifer

a ja cu mom ruglu
da
ja sam strasilo
razapeto
ruke noge tilo glava INRI

svak svome jatu leti

svak svome drustvu

ti svojoj lipoti

a ja svom razapetom strasilu i ruglu INRU

nema tu nikakva razgovora
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511570 Feb 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> The reason I'm conceding this discussion with you is because I won't continue to allow you to insult AND DISRESPECT Gods word by CASTING MY PEARLS BEFORE SWINE.
I can't remember how many times that scripture has been flung in my direction the moment preachers became ticked off a what I posted.

And they seemed sure that "Jesus" always felt the same way as they felt.

If they left the forum, Jesus was sure to follow along comparable to an obedient slave.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#511571 Feb 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yep and we know IT.
Come out of her my people comes to mind.
Pray we have the right words to convince them and pray they just receive Jesus already,...
we have been given prophesy from above and its so clear to us as Truth,...now that is a Wow:)
So it doesn't occur to you at all that "come out of her my people" refers to the Roman Empire with the maniac pagan emperors Nero, Decius etc, and not the Catholic Church in Rome?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511572 Feb 3, 2014
In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Father ... Elohim

Son ... traitor ... gone to join Catholicism

Spirit ... dead to the world

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511573 Feb 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>"MY PEARLS".LOL
Your Pearls have come from artificial oysters.
Now it's your turn to use that scripture against him.

Isn't religion FUN???

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511574 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, I am not going to be a conventional Christian on this subject....
So you are an unconventional Christian???

Location hidden

#511575 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny!
The Catholics compiled the story of Jesus and all he supposedly said and did ... so why would you trust anything whatsoever approved by the Catholics except for the reason that you want to also USE the Jesus-myth for your own religious desires???
I don't HAVE any religious desires bozo.
So I see, it is alright for You to refer to any writings, but not me huh? Bigot!
There are several writings within and without the bible from the era if you weren't so lazy and willfully ignorant.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511576 Feb 3, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
100% effective? Really? A little biased maybe?
OK, Jesus was 100% successful in making sure you had a good chance to experience the fullness of faith and amazing salvation.
They want everyone to be saved and in order to accomplish that mission, they want others to all believe as they believe and join ONLY their own cults.

That's religion for you ... totally NUTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Catcher1 30,227
http://friendable.com 39 min Stock analyst 1
"At times", ""I"" have "felt like" a "battered ... 51 min andet1987 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min Lbj 43,938
Play "end of the word" part 2 54 min andet1987 1,473
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 1 hr Diamonds7156 1,575
Wtf 1 hr Shakez2438 4
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Naturally Wired 38,054
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr pusherman 968,913
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr truth 181,966
More from around the web