Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693338 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511487 Feb 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hey, I'm glad you brought up the New Israel. Did you see my post this morning from a sermon by St. Sophronius, 7th century Bishop of JERUSALEM? He mentions that the Church is the New Israel! I'll repost it for you in case you missed it. Guess it's not the new theological concept that you thought after all. It's a very nice meditation for the Feast of the Presentation as well.
Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office)- Matins
Second Reading
From a sermon by Saint Sophronius, bishop (560 -638 A.D.)
Let us receive the light whose brilliance is eternal
In honor of the divine mystery that we celebrate today, let us all hasten to meet Christ. Everyone should be eager to join the procession and to carry a light.
Our lighted candles are a sign of the divine splendor of the one who comes to expel the dark shadows of evil and to make the whole universe radiant with the brilliance of his eternal light. Our candles also show how bright our souls should be when we go to meet Christ.
The Mother of God, the most pure Virgin, carried the true light in her arms and brought him to those who lay in darkness. We too should carry a light for all to see and reflect the radiance of the true light as we hasten to meet him.
The light has come and has shone upon a world enveloped in shadows; the Dayspring from on high has visited us and given light to those who lived in darkness. This, then, is our feast, and we join in procession with lighted candles to reveal the light that has shone upon us and the glory that is yet to come to us through him. So let us hasten all together to meet our God.
The true light has come, the light that enlightens every man who is born into this world. Let all of us, my brethren, be enlightened and made radiant by this light. Let all of us share in its splendor, and be so filled with it that no one remains in the darkness. Let us be shining ourselves as we go together to meet and to receive with the aged Simeon the light whose brilliance is eternal. Rejoicing with Simeon, let us sing a hymn of thanksgiving to God, the Father of the light, who sent the true light to dispel the darkness and to give us all a share in his splendor.
Through Simeon’s eyes we too have seen the salvation of God which he prepared for all the nations and revealed as the glory of the new Israel, which is ourselves. As Simeon was released from the bonds of this life when he had seen Christ, so we too were at once freed from our old state of sinfulness.
By faith we too embraced Christ, the salvation of God the Father, as he came to us from Bethlehem. Gentiles before, we have now become the people of God. Our eyes have seen God incarnate, and because we have seen him present among us and have mentally received him into our arms, we are called the NEW ISRAEL. Never shall we forget this presence; every year we keep a feast in his honor.
Thanks much...no need ..
I said it was a Catholic concept ....I do not care how,old it is...

The fact it took almost 50 years,for the Vatican to recognize the REAL ISRAEL to avoid confusion among Catholics...not my words,..one of you posted that link.....speaks,volumes .

Now they want more presence on the Temple Mount ....wonder why .

Israel is Israel

Your Church obviously did not have Faith in the prophecies which are being fulfilled ..
So supplanted the actual.Israel in its teaching ..

In my opinion they are wrong now,and then ...I don't care who said it .

Jesus,will return to ISRAEL ..the NEW,JERUSALEM will come from heaven after Jesus,returns,
marge

Leesburg, GA

#511488 Feb 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, Marge (lol), St. Sophronius was talking about the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord. It's celebrated in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches on February 2...today!
hey , maybe you could tell us what it means,...it does mean something to me just those words,... but you have to say first what it means to you:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511489 Feb 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks much...no need ..
The fact it took almost 50 years,for the Vatican to recognize the REAL ISRAEL to avoid confusion among Catholics...not my words,..one of you posted that link.....speaks,volumes .
Israel is Israel
Your Church obviously did not have Faith in the prophecies which are being fulfilled ..
Jesus,will return to ISRAEL ..the NEW,JERUSALEM will come from heaven after Jesus,returns,
Ask her how many popes have visited Israel since 1948. I can't wait for this answer.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#511490 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a hoot in hell. It is not celebrated in Christian churches.
Your being crude again I saw dear brother, that talk is not fitting.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#511491 Feb 2, 2014
Is June gone? Maybe Gif will come back God willing.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511492 Feb 2, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your being crude again I saw dear brother, that talk is not fitting.
You are right. Quite frankly I grow weary of these arrogant Romans and it gets the better of me at times. Thank you. OldJG

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511493 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Well we Catholics gave you the bible. You seem to forget that, wait.... your pagan nope, I think you worship ole' scratch.
Your cult didn't "give" anyone anything. In fact your cult suppressed any and all writings not in alignment with it's lies and fantastic fabricated elaborations, destroyed all knowledge and science conflicting with it's ridiculous dogma, tortured, burned, and murdered millions of world citizens, and is the cause of the "dark ages" we are still climbing out of yet today, and still the underlying cause of ignorance, hatred, and fear mongering warring among people and nations to this day because of it's errant teachings and corrupted priesthood.
You are a "PRIME" example of the result of it's teaching and influence.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#511494 Feb 2, 2014
marge wrote:
Is June gone? Maybe Gif will come back God willing.
Why do protestants get so caught up in cults of personality?
SHAMEFUL!

Remember what St Paul wrote to sinful pagan gentiles like you....

"1 COR 1:10-13, 17

I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that all of you agree in what you say,
and that there be no divisions among you,
but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.
For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers and sisters,
by Chloe’s people, that there are rivalries among you.
I mean that each of you is saying,
“I belong to Paul,” or “I belong to Apollos,”
or “I belong to Cephas,” or “I belong to Christ.”
Is Christ divided?
Was Paul crucified for you?
Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel,
and not with the wisdom of human eloquence,
so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its meaning."

1 COR 1:10-13, 17

Consider the message.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511495 Feb 2, 2014
marge wrote:
WHAT!
Regina you've got to be kidding me, you wrote;
(By faith we too embraced Christ, the salvation of God the Father, as he came to us from Bethlehem. Gentiles before, we have now become the people of God. Our eyes have seen God incarnate, and because we have seen him present among us and have mentally received him into our arms, we are called the NEW ISRAEL. Never shall we forget this presence; every year we keep a feast in his honor.)
Every year you keep a feast in the honor of Jesus??? Are you serious?
The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, which is what it is called, also marks the official end of the liturgical observances related to the Nativity of the Lord. Another name for the day is Candlemas because candles are also blessed on this day harkening to the Canticle of Simeon, "a light to reveal you to the nations". It's a beautiful celebration.

We have many feasts and solemnities of our Lord. And don't forget, Marge, every Sunday is a little Easter!
truth

Perth, Australia

#511496 Feb 2, 2014
Did you see that all please tell me?

Be honest..are you interrupt ever in mind of them?!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#511497 Feb 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks much...no need ..
Israel is Israel
yep and we know IT.

Come out of her my people comes to mind.

Pray we have the right words to convince them and pray they just receive Jesus already,...

we have been given prophesy from above and its so clear to us as Truth,...now that is a Wow:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#511498 Feb 2, 2014
No you don't need tell others will see.
I just wrote how I think.
truth

Perth, Australia

#511499 Feb 2, 2014
Is that sin think like that?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511500 Feb 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What has that got to do with anything? I agree that Catholicism is much deeper than he realizes, that he's only skimmed the surface, and really not even that, but I don't see that his illness has anything to do with it. If they want to hit below the belt, let them, but don't you do it. I know, I'm a fine one to talk...but still...
Ya. Huckster sure spilled the beans on ya huh gossip? Better go shine up yer golden pig suit. You can be the head...Huckster can just be herself.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511501 Feb 2, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
There is a void of true wisdom on this forum. Anyhow,good evening everyone.I'm busier than a one armed man trying to hang wallpaper tonight. I'm expecting a stroke patient from the E.R. in a few so most likely I may not be back with you guys anytime soon tonight.
Your vulgar joke about "one armed man trying to hang wallpaper" is not appreciated by amputees...it is because of our sacrfices that you have the freedom to insult us...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#511502 Feb 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord, which is what it is called, also marks the official end of the liturgical observances related to the Nativity of the Lord. Another name for the day is Candlemas because candles are also blessed on this day harkening to the Canticle of Simeon, "a light to reveal you to the nations". It's a beautiful celebration.
We have many feasts and solemnities of our Lord. And don't forget, Marge, every Sunday is a little Easter!
That's pretty close to what those words meant to me which is our Gospel, We preach Jesus as Saviour and Light to what God wants which is to preach Jesus.

And yes thank you Jesus!
truth

Perth, Australia

#511504 Feb 2, 2014
child need be child need to be happy
bird need fly
and so onnnnnnnnn

you liked be bigger then god
nooooooo

your god created you for happiness
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#511505 Feb 3, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Quite frankly I grow weary of these arrogant Romans and it gets the better of me at times. Thank you. OldJG
The entire basis and premise of bible only Protestantism is animosity,condemning,judging and spreading arrogant hatred and hostility against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and against His (historically and biblically proven One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The fact is that bible only fundamentalism "cannot exist" on its own without attacking 2,000 years of the biblical and historical TRUTH of the Catholic Church ---and the personal faith and salvation of any and all Catholics. If Regina, Clay, Star, Anthony and "every other Catholic left this forum,you "fundies"would be (frantically) looking for someone "ANYONE" to start an argument with regarding bible interpretation and your own individual (make it up as you go) Church History and eventually begin to complain,bitch and rip into each other's Protestant bible only (man-
made) contradicting opinions. "All 42,100 man-made denominations. Bible only Protestantism is IMPOSSIBLE to exist on it's own beliefs without attacking the Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church.(I know because I lived in the bondage of this bible only Protestantism for over 35 years!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#511506 Feb 3, 2014
noooooo you are wrong as well others wrong
then why you interupt into life someone
what you want when you take everything from someone

whyyyyyy
don't be shy
see spell
peom

see why=shy
now

power
see that words
someone liked know whats that mean
then
you liked complain about what
see yourself
when person indipendent and don't liked upon herself or himself

its mean life which exist as paralel system

now

hojo pojo
please tell me why i say that

its wicket spell
hojoooo

now

if you find yourself then

ohhhhhhhhhhh

fire for all of them
or you need give total love for all

then find why i am under attack
truth

Perth, Australia

#511507 Feb 3, 2014
confess yourself hojo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Travesty 52,404
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 992,172
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 1 hr Holy dr Shrink 7
I need a name for a song. 2 hr LatinoVargas55 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 446,000
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Frmr Dem Now4Trump 1
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 3 hr 2018 Breaking 1
More from around the web