Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687395 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker

Falls City, NE

#511362 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me that it is you catholics that are insecure since you keep trying to convince the world that you are the Church the Christ founded..the orthodox have no need in bragging. They are secure in their faith...My meaningless opinion..(.beat you to it )
Well we are, history says so, read a history book for a change. And you can't possibly know enough about your religion, You already made several mistakes about your religion on here. You are a protestant and you are just orthodox in name only.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511363 Feb 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Only "Protestant Propaganda" which you are so famous for Ox!!!
Hey homo, take a 4 foot walk on a 3 foot plank. You deserve it!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511364 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> no thanks...I don't waste my prayers on someone that is not sincere...
You have no idea what a Christian is, you are that pathetic. You should pray for everyone, even your enemies. If you don't do this, then don't call yourself religious, or even Christian. Call yourself, pagan.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#511365 Feb 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Liam, he was expressing the sentiments of which have acknowledged by Orthdox in discussion. There was nothing at all arrogant about his statement. He isn't there to agitate. These 2 clowns have no credibility at all and they have never brought anything of value here. Orthodox leaders know they have a huge problem not just in America. The Ravenna Conference was another example of their infighting that caused Hillarion the Russian Representative to leave.
..."SCOBA's Ad Hoc Commission on Unity as reported in the Minutes of the SCOBA Meeting XI in 1970, presented by such lights as Frs. Alexander Schmemann and John Meyendorff, in which just such a hampered missionary witness is predicted,
The Orthodox Church cannot claim to be the true, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church if she is actually divided into a plurality of mutually independent, competing, and overlapping jurisdictions. This division has long ago ceased to be justified by the peculiarities of Orthodox immigration in America, and has become an open scandal to the faithful, a source of demoralization and dissatisfaction in the laity, and an obstacle to any effort or progress.
http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles6/Trenh...
Since have have never brought anything of value to this forum I think I will get my Barbie dolls and go home.....Ask any Orthodox Priest and they will tell you that the Orthodox church is the True Church that Christ started....ask them....
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511366 Feb 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it, and more indoctrinated Christians are leaving organized religion everyday in the Western world.
50 million happy Americans now claim no religion and is growing rapidly. 15 years ago 15 million claimed no religion.
What religion does God belong to? None.
Busted!
You are busted. People are leaving because of the secular society we have. More so in the protestant churches. BUT not in my Diocese, not as much, we have a great Bishop and we have great priests.

Location hidden

#511367 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea what a Christian is, you are that pathetic. You should pray for everyone, even your enemies. If you don't do this, then don't call yourself religious, or even Christian. Call yourself, pagan.
Thank you

Location hidden

#511368 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Well we are, history says so, read a history book for a change. And you can't possibly know enough about your religion, You already made several mistakes about your religion on here. You are a protestant and you are just orthodox in name only.
Thank you
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511369 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Jesus was God before Mary was even born. Mary is the vessel that produced the Messiah from the line of David, she is not the mother of God.
The Bible NEVER teaches about the "immaculate conception" of Mary. In fact, the Bible clearly teaches the exact opposite concerning Mary...
Romans 3:10-12, 10 " as it is written:“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
The Immaculate Conception of Mary is a fraud, a big hoax! God's Word clearly declares that all of humanity is sinful The ONLY person who ever walked this earth without sin was the Lord Jesus Christ. We know this is true because the Bible clearly proclaims Christ's sinlessness...
II Corinthians 5:21, "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Hebrews 4:15, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin."
Jesus was perfect! Jesus never did or said anything which He should not have. Jesus was the Lamb of God, without spot or blemish. Mary, Jesus' earthly mother, was a sinner just like you and me. Mary was a sinner just like Hitler or John Wayne Gacy, the mass murderer. We are ALL horrible sinners. We tend to think that we're not so bad because we compare ourselves to worse sinners. However, the ONLY accurate measuring stick is the Word of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. If we compare ourselves to God's Word, then we will see just how filthy and wicked we really are in God's eyes.
Isaiah 64:6, "We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away."
The Bible teaches that even our good works are "filthy rags" in the sight of God. Why? Simply because God cannot be impressed with our self-righteousness. The whole reason why Jesus came to earth to atone for our sins is because we cannot save ourselves. How can a sinner make himself clean? How can a trapped man free himself? ONLY through Jesus Christ can anyone be saved and go to heaven. ONLY through Jesus can we have our sins forgiven. Salvation is all about getting your sins forgiven and having your name written in heaven in the Lamb's book of life. No amount of religion or personal effort can merit a person heaven. We must rest in the finished work of Christ's atonement by trusting upon the Lord. We must believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31).
Again, there is NOT one Scripture in the entire Bible which even hints to such nonsense as the "immaculate conception of Mary." Mary was born with a sin-nature just like any other fallen human. ONLY the Lord Jesus Christ was born without a sin-nature. This is because Jesus did NOT have an earthly father, but God in heaven was His Father. Jesus had God's blood flowing in His veins, not man's (Acts 20:28, "Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.). Jesus had Adam's flesh, but not Adam's sin-tainted blood. The Life is in the blood (Leviticus 17:11). It's the father's blood type that is carried to the child, not the mother's. Mary was simply an instrument used for God's glory and purpose.
Then you dishonor Christ if you dishonor His mother. You dan't even think that one has to be to carry a perfect being like God. You don't get it. I guess you are either a satanist or pagan. You dishonor Christ too much to be a Christian. Mary is the Immaculate Conception. One has to be in order to carry Christ. Christ is perfect and you say He isn't. I gave you scripture, you must not comprehend. Sad to be you.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511370 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
The Church that Christ founded was the UNIVERAL CHURCH (catholic) NOT the CATHOLIC church of today 1054 your church took the name catholic and the orthodox took then name orthodox meaning right faith..before 1054 the two churches were one...One Holy Catholic (universal) and Apostolic ......not your catholic church at the Vatican,not your popes.....FACT
Show your so called facts. I want a laugh tonight. Youy don't even know world history. Did you finish high school?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511371 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you
You admit you are wrong, Glory be to God!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511372 Feb 2, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it, and more indoctrinated Christians are leaving organized religion everyday in the Western world.
50 million happy Americans now claim no religion and is growing rapidly. 15 years ago 15 million claimed no religion.
What religion does God belong to? None.
Busted!
Christ is God, Cghrist founded the Catholic Church.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511373 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> well then take it up with our priest because that is exactly what he said....Its Orthodox teaching also...
It’s a popular myth that the schism dates to the year 1054 and that the pope and the patriarch excommunicated each other at that time, but they did not.
Orthodox bishop Kallistos Ware (formerly Timothy Ware) writes, "The choice of Cardinal Humbert was unfortunate, for both he and Cerularius were men of stiff and intransigent temper.... After [an initial, unfriendly encounter] the patriarch refused to have further dealings with the legates. Eventually Humbert lost patience, and laid a bull of excommunication against Cerularius on the altar of the Church of the Holy Wisdom.... Cerularius and his synod retaliated by anathematizing Humbert (but not the Roman Church as such)" (The Orthodox Church, 67).

The New Catholic Encyclopedia says, "The consummation of the schism is generally dated from the year 1054, when this unfortunate sequence of events took place. This conclusion, however, is not correct, because in the bull composed by Humbert, only Patriarch Cerularius was excommunicated. The validity of the bull is questioned because Pope Leo IX was already dead at that time. On the other side, the Byzantine synod excommunicated only the legates and abstained from any attack on the pope or the Latin Church."

There was no single event that marked the schism, but rather a sliding into and out of schism during a period of several centuries, punctuated with temporary reconciliations. The East’s final break with Rome did not come until the 1450s.

"Even after 1054 friendly relations between East and West continued. The two parts of Christendom were not yet conscious of a great gulf of separation between them.... The dispute remained something of which ordinary Christians in East and West were largely unaware" (Ware, 67).

This changed when the Byzantine Empire collapsed suddenly in 1453. A soldier forgot to lock one of the gates of the fortified city of Constantinople, and the Turks sacked the city. With the Turks in control of the capital city, the rest of the empire crumbled quickly. Under pressure from Muslims, most of the Eastern churches repudiated their union with Rome, and this is the split that persists to this day. The current Eastern Orthodox communion dates from the 1450s, making it a mere six decades older than the Protestant Reformation.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/eastern-orthod...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511374 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Rose, Only through the Eucharist. 1406 Jesus said: "I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; ... he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and ... abides in me, and I in him" (Jn 6:51, 54, 56).
1407 The Eucharist is the heart and the summit of the Church's life, for in it Christ associates his Church and all her members with his sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving offered once for all on the cross to his Father; by this sacrifice he pours out the graces of salvation on his Body which is the Church.
1408 The Eucharistic celebration always includes: the proclamation of the Word of God; thanksgiving to God the Father for all his benefits, above all the gift of his Son; the consecration of bread and wine; and participation in the liturgical banquet by receiving the Lord's body and blood. These elements constitute one single act of worship.
1409 The Eucharist is the memorial of Christ's Passover, that is, of the work of salvation accomplished by the life, death, and resurrection of Christ, a work made present by the liturgical action.
1410 It is Christ himself, the eternal high priest of the New Covenant who, acting through the ministry of the priests, offers the Eucharistic sacrifice. And it is the same Christ, really present under the species of bread and wine, who is the offering of the Eucharistic sacrifice.From the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
I KNOW,you Believe this,..the Catholic way is the Only way....And I'm glad you are content with your faith...really

Location hidden

#511375 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Show your so called facts. I want a laugh tonight. Youy don't even know world history. Did you finish high school?
Go to your nearest orthodox church and ask the priest...get the truth from the source
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511376 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey homo, take a 4 foot walk on a 3 foot plank. You deserve it!
Eh you a Broncos fan?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511377 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prayer will be to your god.....your blessed mother Mary.
What a pathetic bunch of Roman Catholics who have had the on active brain cell they have removed via a lobotomy. Pray.....you wouldn't know how to pray on your own if someone had a gun to your head you perverted low-life.
:'(
You must have hit the booze before the game.

Here's a prayer: Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among woman and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Just like Cana, Mary can bring our request to Jesus.

Location hidden

#511378 Feb 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s a popular myth that the schism dates to the year 1054 and that the pope and the patriarch excommunicated each other at that time, but they did not.
Orthodox bishop Kallistos Ware (formerly Timothy Ware) writes, "The choice of Cardinal Humbert was unfortunate, for both he and Cerularius were men of stiff and intransigent temper.... After [an initial, unfriendly encounter] the patriarch refused to have further dealings with the legates. Eventually Humbert lost patience, and laid a bull of excommunication against Cerularius on the altar of the Church of the Holy Wisdom.... Cerularius and his synod retaliated by anathematizing Humbert (but not the Roman Church as such)" (The Orthodox Church, 67).
The New Catholic Encyclopedia says, "The consummation of the schism is generally dated from the year 1054, when this unfortunate sequence of events took place. This conclusion, however, is not correct, because in the bull composed by Humbert, only Patriarch Cerularius was excommunicated. The validity of the bull is questioned because Pope Leo IX was already dead at that time. On the other side, the Byzantine synod excommunicated only the legates and abstained from any attack on the pope or the Latin Church."
There was no single event that marked the schism, but rather a sliding into and out of schism during a period of several centuries, punctuated with temporary reconciliations. The East’s final break with Rome did not come until the 1450s.
"Even after 1054 friendly relations between East and West continued. The two parts of Christendom were not yet conscious of a great gulf of separation between them.... The dispute remained something of which ordinary Christians in East and West were largely unaware" (Ware, 67).
This changed when the Byzantine Empire collapsed suddenly in 1453. A soldier forgot to lock one of the gates of the fortified city of Constantinople, and the Turks sacked the city. With the Turks in control of the capital city, the rest of the empire crumbled quickly. Under pressure from Muslims, most of the Eastern churches repudiated their union with Rome, and this is the split that persists to this day. The current Eastern Orthodox communion dates from the 1450s, making it a mere six decades older than the Protestant Reformation.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/eastern-orthod...
Thanks for the catholic link on the history of the orthodox church. I sent it to some of my orthodox friends for their opinions

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511379 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea what a Christian is, you are that pathetic. You should pray for everyone, even your enemies. If you don't do this, then don't call yourself religious, or even Christian. Call yourself, pagan.
Only Jesus,knows,His,Sheep Knit..

Who am e,we to judge the soul of anyone...we are Not God

Location hidden

#511380 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You admit you are wrong, Glory be to God!
NO I was thanking you for the insults...
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#511381 Feb 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth in Scripture is undeniable.....you are a liar...Christ built not your denomination....
You will not respond to the Scripture I quoted...because to do so will verify my words....
Christ referred not to the Catholic church in Rev...because it did not exist as you say....
You will not answer my question....."Whom built the churches" shown in Scripture...multiple times...
I do not discuss nor debate with anti-catholic bible only heretics who are "proven , to be habitual liars and a manipulator of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and TRUE Church history. You Ox have proven yourself to be a fraud and a distorter of the Truth, over and over again by "every .Catholic on this form including the overwhelming vast majority of your own bible only Protestant (self opinionated editorialists). There is "nothing to discuss"! Go argue in the mirror with yourself!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 58 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web