Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667843 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#511207 Feb 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a given in the physical makeup of the genetic structure.
In the first place, it would be impossible for a nonphysical entity to impregnate a physical entity. That alone blows the whole elaborate fabrication right out of the water.
Who is Zeke to tell an angel anything? Their existence is "above" that of man. Only your deity is supposed to dictate angels.
You are so easily duped into believing anything.
The phrase n the scripture that states "THEY LEFT THEIR HABITATION" is not referring to they left where they were dwelling. These angels made themselves a body that they could inhabit and come here and do what they did. God did not make them the kind of body they should have inherited to come to go through this age of flesh by being born through a woman as God had originally intended that all the heavenly host (EXCEPT THE ARCHANGELS) should have to pass through this age of flesh once (IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN ONCE TO DIE BUT AFTER THAT THE JUDGEMENT). These fallen angels did it the wrong way by coming here the way they did instead of being born through a woman the way God intended. I'll stop discussing this with you because this is way out of your comprehension.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511208 Feb 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already demonstrated your ignorance regarding the objective case, so why should now be different, goofy?
Hemingway's title uses "whom" in the objective case. It is the object of the preposition "for".
Duh!
Vatican City, Lazio Picture:
Everything is soo big... Wish i knew whom built it !!!- Check out TripAdvisor members' 11673 candid photos and videos of Vatican ...

Applied to my conversation: All these churches are soo big... Wish i knew whom built them!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511209 Feb 1, 2014
Dearest Father

This,week has,seen some strife,on this,board.

We,love you and know,you want your best for us and from us,

We ask forgiveness that we do not always measure up and act as you would want. I know,some of us,have ailments,that may cloud US,at times...or we cannot see things,from another's view,

We,pray for each other...especially for those,in need ...we ask for physical healing for our brethren and unbelievers,alike,.

Please,keep Nick..LTM.. PRESTON..Thunder Regina,..and my own family under your loving healing way...And those whose,needs we do not know ..

We thank you for the goodness,and blessings,you give and relief from our suffering ..

Please grant the HOLY Spirit into the lives of those we love and those who do not know you .

We ask for peace

In Jesus,Name,..Amen

Location hidden

#511210 Feb 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a meltdown to me.
Look away folks.
Its a known fact that lying snakes cannot face the truth!!!! To the point they warn others to duck the truth...

Location hidden

#511211 Feb 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarizing from an anonymous poster who doesn't even manage to capitalize the first person pronoun "I" in that sentence shows your desperation:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g18...
Back to school, fool.
Meaning you cannot accept the truth...

Vatican City, Lazio Picture: Everything is soo big... Wish i knew whom built it !!!

So: All those churches are soo big... Wish i knew whom built them!!!

Location hidden

#511212 Feb 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a proven plagarist, a literary thief:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
Now provide a permalink to me lying, thief.
What you have is incurable!!!
see any of your posts where you are falsely accusing me.....
I have provided a hugh multitude of them....Lying Snake

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#511213 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you able to read black print on white paper. Read verse 5, 8 and 9. The angels are referred to as "MEN" and were recognized as "MEN". These angels WERE NOT in spiritual bodies. If they were ALL OF THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD, would not have recognized them as "MEN" nor would Lot have spoken of them as "MEN".
Of course, Tony17, you being a sodomite are attempting to tip the scales away from the homosexual perversion of ALL THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD and yourself as well.
Let me ask, why did Lot offer his virgin daughters to ALL OF THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD?
Genesis 19:1-13, 1 "That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground.
2 “My lords,” he said,“come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”
“Oh no,” they replied.“We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”
3 But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate.
4 But before they retired for the night, ALL THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD, came from all over the city and surrounded the house.
5 They shouted to Lot,“Where are the "MEN" who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"
6 So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him.
7 “Please, my brothers,” he begged,“don’t do such a wicked thing.
8 Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these "MEN" alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”
9 “Stand back!” they shouted.“This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he’s acting like our judge! We’ll treat you far worse than those other MEN!” And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door.
10 But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door.
11 Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.
12 Meanwhile, the angels questioned Lot.“Do you have any other relatives here in the city?” they asked.“Get them out of this place—your sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone else.
13 For we are about to destroy this city completely. The outcry against this place is so great it has reached the Lord, and he has sent us to destroy it.”
Yet again you're showing you level of Biblical illiteracy and it is clear that you don't have a grasp on an understanding of THE TRANSFIGURATION. All the angels are MEN. There are no female angels. They are all in masculine form hence you never seen where God sent a female angel anywhere inscripture have you? Anytime God sent an angel it was masculine figure. Even in Job when God was creating it states that ALL THE SONS OF GOD SHOUTED FOR JOY. No female mentioned.

Are you really that stupid to think that just because these angels that accompanied the Lord God were referred to as men that they were not angels. Are you seriously that dumb?

When Christ rose from the dead He to was in the exact kind of Glorified body that angels have and these glorified bodies look just like a human but they are not subject to the physical laws that flesh is subject to. How do you explain how Christ,who looked just like a man when rose from the dead was able to appear before the apostles even though the door was closes......JOHN 20:26. He looked just like a man but he was in that glorified resureccted body. Jesus you're dumb. I mean REALLY DUMB.

Location hidden

#511214 Feb 1, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the holy spirit guide you in interpreting Scripture?
Did you study ancient texts or go to a Seminary?
Do we have evidence of your interpretation throughout the history of Xianity, or is this something new within the past one or two hundred years?
3 simple questions. 3 direct answers?
Honestly, anyone can quote Scripture. You just don't sound very convincing. Why should anyone believe an angry name-caller understands Jesus?
All good questions.
1. No
2. No
3. Ask "we"...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#511215 Feb 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a known fact that lying snakes cannot face the truth!!!! To the point they warn others to duck the truth...
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have is incurable!!!
see any of your posts where you are falsely accusing me.....
I have provided a hugh multitude of them....Lying Snake
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning you cannot accept the truth...
Vatican City, Lazio Picture: Everything is soo big... Wish i knew whom built it !!!
So: All those churches are soo big... Wish i knew whom built them!!!
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Vatican City, Lazio Picture:
Everything is soo big... Wish i knew whom built it !!!- Check out TripAdvisor members' 11673 candid photos and videos of Vatican ...
Applied to my conversation: All these churches are soo big... Wish i knew whom built them!!!
You're a proven thief.

And you've admitted to other dishonesty such as posting under another poster's moniker on this thread.

Now you cannot admit to a simple grammatical error. After incorrectly relying on two sources that didn't support you, you ultimately found an anonymous poster who erred just as you did.

At the end of the day, how do you think you come across here?

Do you think anyone believes your nonsense?

Do you think repeating your dishonesty and silliness fools anyone?

And the most important question: Have you considered seeking professional help?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511216 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting this dribble. I haven't laughed hard in months. And you believe that garbage? LOL LOL LOL LOL My sides hurt from laughing so much. Please quit it....LOL LOL
Didn't know you were a Satanist, May God have mercy on you. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee blessed ort thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511217 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Roman Catholic theology.....
Mary had to be "perfect" in order for Jesus to be perfect. Right?
Dumb as a box of rocks.
If one, just one, Roman Catholic can show me IN THE BIBLE that Mary was sinless I will leave this forum.
Buhbye A nother type which helps prove and understand the Immaculate Conception is Mary as the new Ark of the Covenant. In order for Mary to carry God in her womb, like the Ark the Hebrews used to carry the tablet of the Ten Commandments, she would have to be sinless and pure. This Ark was the holiest object in the Old Testament. God gave careful and precise instructions on how to make the Ark. It was to be kept free from all impurity and profanation. The Ark carried the written Word of God, and for Mary to be worthy to be the Ark carrying the living Word of God, it would be fitting for God to have her saved without the stain of original sin.

More evidence of her sinlessness and Immaculate Conception is found when the angel Gabriel appears to Mary. In Luke 1:28 Gabriel says to Mary,“Hail, full of grace.” In order for an angel of the Lord to use the title “full of grace” to address Mary, she cannot have been touched by any sin, including original sin. Many recent more Protestant translations of the Bible do not use the words “full of grace”- rather it is translated as “highly favored daughter” or something similar. It is true that Mary was highly favored by the Lord, but the Greek word used is Kecharitomene, which is a form of charitoo, meaning,“to fill or endow with grace.” Used in this form it indicates that Mary was filled with grace in the past, not just as a result of the angel’s visit. Responsorial Psalm PS 24:1-2, 3-4AB, 5-6

R.(see 7c and 10b) Let the Lord enter; he is the king of glory.
The LORD’s are the earth and its fullness;
the world and those who dwell in it.
For he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers.
R. Let the Lord enter; he is the king of glory.
Who can ascend the mountain of the LORD?
or who may stand in his holy place?
He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean,
who desires not what is vain.
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,
a reward from God his savior.
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511218 Feb 1, 2014
Since original sin (The sin of Adam) is passed down through the womb from one generation to the next, God made Mary free from original sin so that Jesus would also be free from it. This Catholic dogma is called the Immaculate Conception of Mary. This doctrine does not mean that Mary doesn’t need a Savior; in fact, in her Magnificat speech, she says that “her soul rejoices in God my savior”(Luke 1:47). All this means is that she was prevented from falling into the snake pit of sin by the grace of God, rather than being saved from it after sinning, like the rest of us. Catholics believe that this was prefigured in Genesis 3:15, where God told Adam and Eve that He “Will put enmity” between the devil and “THE WOMAN”. Since Eve was in compliance with the devil, and not at enmity, THE WOMAN could not refer to her, but rather a future “WOMAN” who would have enmity (lifelong hatred) with Satan. The entire Genesis 3:15 verse reads as follows from the RSV:
“I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#511219 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you able to read black print on white paper. Read verse 5, 8 and 9. The angels are referred to as "MEN" and were recognized as "MEN". These angels WERE NOT in spiritual bodies. If they were ALL OF THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD, would not have recognized them as "MEN" nor would Lot have spoken of them as "MEN".
Of course, Tony17, you being a sodomite are attempting to tip the scales away from the homosexual perversion of ALL THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD and yourself as well.
Let me ask, why did Lot offer his virgin daughters to ALL OF THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD?
Genesis 19:1-13, 1 "That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground.
2 “My lords,” he said,“come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again.”
“Oh no,” they replied.“We’ll just spend the night out here in the city square.”
3 But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate.
4 But before they retired for the night, ALL THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD, came from all over the city and surrounded the house.
5 They shouted to Lot,“Where are the "MEN" who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"
6 So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him.
7 “Please, my brothers,” he begged,“don’t do such a wicked thing.
8 Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these "MEN" alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”
9 “Stand back!” they shouted.“This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he’s acting like our judge! We’ll treat you far worse than those other MEN!” And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door.
10 But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door.
11 Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside.
12 Meanwhile, the angels questioned Lot.“Do you have any other relatives here in the city?” they asked.“Get them out of this place—your sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone else.
13 For we are about to destroy this city completely. The outcry against this place is so great it has reached the Lord, and he has sent us to destroy it.”
Look here fol. When God stated to the heavenly host..let us make man in our likeness and in our image,did that totally confuse you? That means that we look just like the heavenly host. We are made in their likeness which means if an angel were to appear right in front of you,you would think you were seeing just another man because we look just like them.

I don't know what church is teaching thie foolishness that you spout here but you really need to find yourself a real Bible teaching church and a real Bible teaching preacher.
truth

Adelaide, Australia

#511220 Feb 1, 2014
thats allright
evil
why i need chase mousess trough my house destroy everything in
i have to when i notes its fun funny mouses ..are you for sure its something else..yep..
then i declare war over them not choce but i destroy furnite everything in house..could you imagen that..is that shame..yes
in reality not
smileeee
so whatttttttttttttt
i catch them many until i relize after one i put in bag.. he start cry as boy ahaaaaaa..then i say michael..please come my son see this..he cry as boy..then my husbund go out oposite house bush..he drove away him there tiny mouse is not be mouse..just turn away my husbund its appier boy my neighbour..oh i say ..go..go in..see..not turn not look until his mother nex day or day after say..look my son finish in hospital
who i say
then she been very red in face nothing she replay se nothing nothin nothing000..see i been terafaying in that house for many many many years..ye
wevil people
that
i go i go see that park..i turn back after half day walking around i can't find where..one man toward king park told me look i see rosary help us this people watching us
who i say..this invisible people you have rosary
oh shut up why you scare 50 cent rosary then don't worry
i turn as zavit walking withoout shouse oh 5 o'clock afternoon my god ..no makac before enter in..i stop..win i hear wind around me ohhhhhhhhhh strange i pool back i laked go mome noooooooooo me..i am not scare after all i start go..
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh gaTES ENTERING IN START SWING FOWARD AND BACK..COULD YOU IMAGEN THAT NOW OH LIKE EVIL..I AM GOING BACK I SAY
WHO ME..DID I aM SCARE WHY YOU HAVE ROSARY IN HAND ..THATS ALLRIGHT..THEN I KEEP FOR THAT ROSARY OH 50 CENTS COULD YOU IMAGEN THAT HOLDING YOU FOR WHAT
OHHHHHH
I SEE NOBODY THERE OHHHH SO HORIBLE QUET AHHHH WHERE I HAVE TO GO NOW..
SINCE I ENTER SUN OH SO BEAUTIFULL GOLDEN SHINY SUN WHERE ARE COMEFROM I BEEN THERE 30 SECOND ITS NOT BE LIKE THAT I SAY AHHH..O I SAY SOME PEOPLE FAR AWAY THERE WHO..STRANGE BEFORE IS NOT BE NOBODY..COULD YOU IMAGEN THAT DEAR GOD..OHHHHHHHHH LOOK THAT MAN..YOU FLAYING I CATCH THAT MAGIC MOMENT..HE SIT ON
nicly as magic on grass he looks as my son some with long hair but blonde or gry with tail..and have blue eye with tiny dot in..i see when he start speak with me then i see book as fiction he read and bring with him strange i sit too oh stupid me talk with strange ..i been scare talk oh yes i think only your rosary will hold you..i don't relize peter pan statue is there front of me
lokkkkkkkkk i say him there this stature i walk all day see thissssssssssss
ohh horible what they think about me mother going around see child fiction statue ahhhh
youuuuuuuuuu Peter what you done from meeeeeeeeeee
i am go now cry
then i hold nice talk with strange
where are comefrom
newyork..ohhhhhhhhhhhh
my cramp start trough stomach.. oh why i say how you appier here front me from nowhereeeeee must be ohhhhhhhhh so horible i can't even speak proplyyyyyy..
then he start in some position keep some fiction evil book..oh
i start speak to be aware turn over if i could on my side story
no no no he start by himself i am from sweden he say i work in new york i working and study
o did you..he looks nice but cold nothing change on face no
he always looking straight in me strange and cool
i stand up.. and go around touch statue couple time then go.. he is still there then again o you know in your country will be better
no you are liar i know how they live there
he replay its already finish
you mean war,others things not
he look me strange but he is educated not me..
look its not good be liar even if you educated why i say that
i say it is as it is
can't be deference if not i come home i told that story to my son he can understood

fiction
God will find what is lost
peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what they done from you that wicket evil world
shameeeeeeeeeee
i ruin my life in vain
ohhhhhhhh
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511221 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet again you're showing you level of Biblical illiteracy and it is clear that you don't have a grasp on an understanding of THE TRANSFIGURATION. All the angels are MEN. There are no female angels. They are all in masculine form hence you never seen where God sent a female angel anywhere inscripture have you? Anytime God sent an angel it was masculine figure. Even in Job when God was creating it states that ALL THE SONS OF GOD SHOUTED FOR JOY. No female mentioned.
Are you really that stupid to think that just because these angels that accompanied the Lord God were referred to as men that they were not angels. Are you seriously that dumb?
When Christ rose from the dead He to was in the exact kind of Glorified body that angels have and these glorified bodies look just like a human but they are not subject to the physical laws that flesh is subject to. How do you explain how Christ,who looked just like a man when rose from the dead was able to appear before the apostles even though the door was closes......JOHN 20:26. He looked just like a man but he was in that glorified resureccted body. Jesus you're dumb. I mean REALLY DUMB.
Tony 17, said, quote, "Yet again you're showing you level of Biblical illiteracy and it is clear that you don't have a grasp on an understanding of THE TRANSFIGURATION." End quote.

You are suggesting these angels transfigured? You are completely nuts. Lot met them at the gate to Sodom and not in transfigured bodies. Try reading before you shoot off your big mouth.

Tony 17, said, quote, "Are you really that stupid to think that just because these angels that accompanied the Lord God were referred to as men that they were not angels. Are you seriously that dumb?" End quote.

Of course they were angels stupid. I can read and read well. Where might we find any reference to the Lord accompanying the angels. Just one reference in Genesis 19 will due just fine. Dumb? No, I am not dumb. You on the other hand are very dumb.

Hey Tony 17, why did Lot offer his virgin daughters to ALL OF THE MEN OF SODOM, YOUNG AND OLD? Just sayin'

Go away now little sodomite. Go play pokey pokey with your boy friends.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511222 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting this dribble. I haven't laughed hard in months. And you believe that garbage? LOL LOL LOL LOL My sides hurt from laughing so much. Please quit it....LOL LOL
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't know you were a Satanist, May God have mercy on you. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee blessed ort thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
Satanist? Me? No, never. You on the other hand pray to Mary who just happens to be dead as a door knob and cannot hear a word you are saying. Mary is not omnipotent and able to hear you but the Son of God certainly is. Mary was nothing more than a willing incubator. Period. Sorry to burst your Roman bubble.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511224 Feb 1, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Look here fol. When God stated to the heavenly host..let us make man in our likeness and in our image,did that totally confuse you? That means that we look just like the heavenly host. We are made in their likeness which means if an angel were to appear right in front of you,you would think you were seeing just another man because we look just like them.
I don't know what church is teaching thie foolishness that you spout here but you really need to find yourself a real Bible teaching church and a real Bible teaching preacher.
Let me reveal how stupid you really are. You said we are created in God's image. Are you sure? Provide proof.

Tony 17, said, quote, "We are made in their likeness which means if an angel were to appear right in front of you,you would think you were seeing just another man because we look just like them." End quote.

You are wrong. Dead wrong. Angels are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:14), so they do not have any essential physical form. But angels do have the ability to appear in human form. When angels appeared to humans in the Bible, they resembled normal males. In Genesis 18:1-19, God and two angels appeared as men and actually ate a meal with Abraham. Angels appear as men many times throughout the Bible (Joshua 5:13-14; Mark 16:5), and they NEVER appear in the likeness of women.

The children in the church I attend know more about the Bible than you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511226 Feb 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You ought to know!!!! You are the most undone on this forum!!!!
Grow up .

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511227 Feb 1, 2014
Husker wrote:
The 'Blessed Virgin Mary' appeared to St. Bernadette in Lourdes France only four years later in 1858. When St. Bernadette asked her name, Blessed Mary replied, "I AM THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION." This confirmed the dogma.
Yes, of course. And then her and the FSM flew off in their vimana to India yo watch Budda sweat milk..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511228 Feb 1, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Buhbye A nother type which helps prove and understand the Immaculate Conception is Mary as the new Ark of the Covenant. In order for Mary to carry God in her womb, like the Ark the Hebrews used to carry the tablet of the Ten Commandments, she would have to be sinless and pure. This Ark was the holiest object in the Old Testament. God gave careful and precise instructions on how to make the Ark. It was to be kept free from all impurity and profanation. The Ark carried the written Word of God, and for Mary to be worthy to be the Ark carrying the living Word of God, it would be fitting for God to have her saved without the stain of original sin.
More evidence of her sinlessness and Immaculate Conception is found when the angel Gabriel appears to Mary. In Luke 1:28 Gabriel says to Mary,“Hail, full of grace.” In order for an angel of the Lord to use the title “full of grace” to address Mary, she cannot have been touched by any sin, including original sin. Many recent more Protestant translations of the Bible do not use the words “full of grace”- rather it is translated as “highly favored daughter” or something similar. It is true that Mary was highly favored by the Lord, but the Greek word used is Kecharitomene, which is a form of charitoo, meaning,“to fill or endow with grace.” Used in this form it indicates that Mary was filled with grace in the past, not just as a result of the angel’s visit. Responsorial Psalm PS 24:1-2, 3-4AB, 5-6
R.(see 7c and 10b) Let the Lord enter; he is the king of glory.
The LORD’s are the earth and its fullness;
the world and those who dwell in it.
For he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the rivers.
Who can ascend the mountain of the LORD?
or who may stand in his holy place?
He whose hands are sinless, whose heart is clean,
who desires not what is vain.
He shall receive a blessing from the LORD,
a reward from God his savior.
Such is the race that seeks for him,
that seeks the face of the God of Jacob.
Husker said, quote, "Buhbye A nother type which helps prove and understand the Immaculate Conception is Mary as the new Ark of the Covenant." End quote.

More Roman Catholic bologna. No where in the Bible is Mary referred to as the "new Ark of the Covenant".

Husker said, quote, "In order for Mary to carry God in her womb, like the Ark the Hebrews used to carry the tablet of the Ten Commandments, she would have to be sinless and pure." End quote.

Where do you get this bull? Certainly not out of any Bible I have ever read. Wow, what an imagination.

Husker said, quote, "More evidence of her sinlessness and Immaculate Conception is found when the angel Gabriel appears to Mary. In Luke 1:28 Gabriel says to Mary,“Hail, full of grace.” End quote.

Husker said, quote, "Many recent more Protestant translations of the Bible do not use the words “full of grace”- rather it is translated as “highly favored daughter” or something similar. It is true that Mary was highly favored by the Lord, but the Greek word used is Kecharitomene, which is a form of charitoo, meaning,“to fill or endow with grace.” End quote.

Charitoo, the root of the word kecharitomene, means to bestow grace or favor upon, or to bless.

Strongs G5487 charitoo is defined as to make graceful, charming, lovely, agreeable
to persue with grace, compass with favor, to honor with blessings

Luke 1:28 in original Greek does not refer to Mary as "full of grace".

Mary is nothing more than a willing and obedient servant. Nothing more and nothing less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Pegasus 286,035
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min CasinoJoe 445,570
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr ROCCO 92,635
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 979,423
Adventure Jeeps in Clarkesville went out of bus... (May '13) 4 hr littlemama101 5
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 4 hr Just Think 48
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr ROG 19,320
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr bad bob 183,621
More from around the web