Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#511152 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Primacy? Peter? You are kidding, right?
Peter did have Primacy, but it had NOTHING to do with any Gentile church, only to the jews as the bible states.

to state otherwise, is calling God a liar.

all need to think about that.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#511153 Feb 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Question:
If one eats Ramen three days in a row, is that a blessing?
Soba rules over Ramen!(smiles)
You get a wafer,

I get a full plate.

Yes, I am full of it.

Ramen
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#511154 Feb 1, 2014
Death Valley (vv.1–3)

Paul begins at the very bottom of Death Valley:“And you were dead in the trespasses and sins”(v. 1). This is an absolute statement. He doesn’t mean that they were merely in danger of death, but that they were in a state of “real and present death.”1 Death is not a figure of speech. Paul means they were absolutely dead. Moreover, though Paul speaks of Gentiles in verse 1, he includes his fellow Jews in verse 3. This state of spiritual death is universal. He is not describing some decadent, drugged-out segment of society, but all humanity, from top to bottom. All people are dead apart from Christ.

The bottom line here is, when Paul says “dead” he means it to have universal and absolute application—no exceptions. I have in my file a photograph of the corpse of the philosopher Jeremy Bentham, father of utilitarianism. The photo shows his body sitting in a chair, dressed and hatted in early nineteenth-century gentleman’s wear. The whole thing is a result of his dark humor, for when he died he gave orders that his entire estate be given to the University College Hospital in London on the condition that his body be preserved and placed in attendance at all the hospital’s board meetings. This was duly carried out, and every year to this day Bentham is wheeled up to the board table and the chairman says,“Jeremy Bentham, present but not voting.” This is, of course, a great joke on his utilitarianism. Jeremy Bentham will never raise his hand in response, he will never submit a motion—because he has been dead for nearly a hundred and sixty years.

The fact is, dead people can’t do anything, and that is what Paul is talking to us about—the spiritual state of those apart from Christ.

How can this be, some wonder, when so many around us, unlike Jeremy Bentham, are so very much alive? Their bodies are virile and robust, they have quick, active intellects, they are brimming with personality. The answer is this: in the area that matters most, the soul, they have no life. They are blind to the reality, demands, and glory of Christ—and they do not love him. They are as deaf to the Holy Spirit as a corpse.“Abba, Father!” has no part in their vocabulary. Because of this, John Stott says,“We should not hesitate to reaffirm that a life without God (however physically fit and mentally alert the person may be) is a living death, and that those who live it are dead even while they are living.”2 Those without Christ are in Death Valley!

These are hard, hard words. How does Paul support his thesis? Those who are spiritually dead are under the sway of the world, the devil, and the flesh

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#511155 Feb 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a re-hash. East and West both agree St. Peter had a primacy. What primacy entails is between the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. Chuck the protestant says no, it should be St. John because scripture cites him as the apostle Jesus loved.
Why you continue to fight tooth and nail against every Catholic thought and support every protestant argument, regardless of Orthodox, teaching is beyond me. If I had to guess it's probably because you have a tremendous dislike of the Catholics on this board. For that, I'm truly sorry.
Just a note: No where does your scripture identify John as the Beloved Disciple, or more accurately, "the disciple whom Jesus loved".

That is based on tradition, and usually the lack of John's named presence in the gospel attributed to him is the basis for that assertion.

Columbus, OH

#511156 Feb 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is an "objective" use of the word and is correct grammar.
You really are quite ignorant in your own arrogance.
Ancient proverb:
- People bring about their own undoing through their tongues.
There ya go.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#511157 Feb 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you have every right to bring evidence proving that I am wrong in what I state, rather than acting like a second grader.lol
Come back next year when you graduate to Kindergarten.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511158 Feb 1, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox...
The Eastern Orthodox Church is opposed to the Roman Catholic doctrine of papal supremacy. While not denying that some form of primacy could exist for Rome's bishop, Orthodox Christians argue that the tradition of Rome's primacy in the early Church was not equivalent to the current doctrine of supremacy.
Catholic Cardinal and theologian Yves Congar stated
"The East never accepted the regular jurisdiction of Rome, nor did it submit to the judgment of Western bishops. Its appeals to Rome for help were not connected with a recognition of the principle of Roman jurisdiction but were based on the view that Rome had the same truth, the same good. The East jealously protected its autonomous way of life. Rome intervened to safeguard the observation of legal rules, to maintain the orthodoxy of faith and to ensure communion between the two parts of the church, the Roman see representing and personifying the West ... In according Rome a ‘primacy of honor’, the East avoided basing this primacy on the succession and the still living presence of the apostle Peter. A modus vivendi was achieved which lasted, albeit with crises, down to the middle of the eleventh century.
According to you, both Catholics and Orthodox will rot in hell because we believe a "cracker" is Jesus and "worship" Mary and the saints. Now why the hell should any Catholic or Orthodox give a crap what you say or think?

Location hidden

#511159 Feb 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Any so-called Christian who held to this "suggestion" in history was labeled a heretic by both Catholics and protestants. I guess you've started a new heretic sect called Prestonism.
sorry Charlie, but you can not prove that this suggestion was considered as heresy centuries ago.

this is your opinion and has no basis in a factual state

Location hidden

#511161 Feb 1, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back next year when you graduate to Kindergarten.
EVIDENCE, not some second grader atmosphere
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#511162 Feb 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a note: No where does your scripture identify John as the Beloved Disciple, or more accurately, "the disciple whom Jesus loved".
That is based on tradition, and usually the lack of John's named presence in the gospel attributed to him is the basis for that assertion.
Good point. We know that St. Peter was not the disciple cited. Doesn't diminish Christ's commission to St. Peter regardless.
truth

Adelaide, Australia

#511163 Feb 1, 2014
in london one lady say go from me=which lady
go from my world and my realm..see
now you dance with mouse don't you
a peter are you there
whooooooo
i enter in queens park where stature stay
i go there with my rosary

in name father and son and holy spirit
ah one man come from nowhere
from nothing as well looks as nobody

how could be possivbble i say
now few second nobody be in park
i look proply
shut up

why snake eat mouses
cat play with mouses don't you
who else eat mouses

Are you for sure she not say like that
who
that Lasdy..she say go away with anger like me
go away from me
she say go away from my realm
whooooooo
why mouse liked chees

ustipak=codeunicorn

its stay on my left side hand as mark

ahhhhhh
they traveling like that
whooo
who don't liked that we not know

peterrrrrrrrrrrrrr are you been thereeeeeeeeeeeee
shout up

how you knowwwwww
why they use4d that symbolsssss
then how they traveling

i am very angry over liars
then who em I
Liam

Chicago, IL

#511164 Feb 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I had suggested this several years ago that Jesus could not be related to Mary in any way, shape, or fashion, which would make Him half man/half God, which we know this is not possible, then we are left with only ONE alternative and that is, catholics are not allowed to think on their own, they MUST follow the lies told and taught to them by false teachers
Every time I converse with people like you a brand new revelation comes from left field. You say Jesus was NOT related to Mary?? What the heck kinda minister do you claim to be?
I swear, anything to separate yourselves from the Catholic Church. You say Peters an idiot and Mary was an incompetent Mother who wasn't related to Jesus in any way. She was Just a stupid Bimbo who happened to say yes?

I wouldn't be surprised if idiots like you would teach that she's in hell for neglecting Jesus when He was 12. You're a moron Preston.
truth

Adelaide, Australia

#511165 Feb 1, 2014
try find what i say now
try act as in teather
ohhhhhhhh

that lady
who she isssssssssssss
go away from me
did i wrote that to you
yessssssssssssss
confess yourselfffffffffffffff
i will read then if i am wrong
see i wrote before there
why you think i am liar
then she she say whoooooooooooooo
that Lady
go awayyyyyyyyyy from my realmmmmmmmmmmmm
see
my anger

now you dance secret dance with mouse
who try destroy mouseeeeeeeeeeeeee
snake eat mouse
cat play with mouse
see that time computer exist

now
why mouse liked eat cheeese

see ustipak=my mother wish before i born
mother wish eat ustipak

who eat ear

who talk in ear
ear

no
ustipak=unicon code on wrist of left hand
its marks from whommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
which mythology you teachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what is lost
did god going find

then my anger is real fathfully and rightfully toward all to find what?

What is lost dear God?

tell me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511166 Feb 1, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
The devil knows this and goes after women because of his hatred toward the mother of God.?
http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511167 Feb 1, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You know all about fantasizing huh?
Yes. Most parents do. It is something we teach our children to grow out of and act in a more reasonable and responsible manner as adults.
Is there anything specific you are needing guidance with, or were you attempting defaming innuendo?
Ancient proverb:
- An answer is profitable in proportion to the intensity of the quest.

Columbus, OH

#511168 Feb 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. We know that St. Peter was not the disciple cited. Doesn't diminish Christ's commission to St. Peter regardless.
There ya go.

Based on the text of the 4th gospel, especially the last supper scene, the depiction of the discovery of the empty tomb, and the 2nd ending to John, John 21, the authors did not intend any reader to consider that unnamed person to be Peter.
yTube

Marietta, GA

#511169 Feb 1, 2014

POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

truth

Adelaide, Australia

#511170 Feb 1, 2014
no i am not your Antichrist

you are trala la la

nothing to do with me
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#511171 Feb 1, 2014
OK, 2000 years ago, god made one true church for the purpose of "saving mankind."

Pretty noble cause.

So how well has God's own church done in 2000 years?

What percentage of humanity is being saved according to God's rules?

98%?

75%?

50%? If it's true, how could it not save at least 50%?

40%?

30%?

25%? This is beginning to look suspicious.

20%?

10%? Optimistic.

5%? True believers, those who actually attend Mass as required?

What kind of pathetic god considers a 5%-10% salvation rate successful?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511172 Feb 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the East and West, with many exceptions, sees a difference as to what this "primacy" entails, but they do not disagree that St. Peter had a primacy which is what the protestant Chuck denied and then advance the theory that because scripture cites St. John as the disciple Jesus loved, he should therefore have primacy (whatever that primacy entails).
Your unsolicited post which seemed to attack my opinion and support Chuck's (which is a conrtadiction to Orthodox teaching) is why I thought to perhaps lump you in with the protestants.
Didn't Jesus,say in more,ways,than one,he,who is,first shall be last..
Don't take,the, better seat at the table
He,did not seem to embrace ANY sort of primacy in His,parAbles,or preaching or words,to the,disciples...

I honestly DO not think He meant for ANY HIGH PRIEST /pope as,the,Jews,did,not do well with the concept at all.

No HIGH PRIEST But Jesus we are told,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 1 hr StefH 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Maria 26,450
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web