Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596134 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510018 Jan 29, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Dust Storm. This must be the part of the Orthodox Church that you are always claiming wants to "reunite" with the Catholic Church. They know where the real action is.
All satire aside, I guess I am now expected to blame the media, call you a bigot and antiOrthodox, accuse you of slander, claim you owe me an apology, say these things, like the inquisition did not happen,and post an antiCatholic article to give tit for tat.
Not going to do this. I say,if true, deal with these poison carriers and cast whatever hierarchy allowed this happened into the Aegean Sea.
He didn't slander or falsely accuse you so there's no need for him to apologize. You, however, are a slanderer and false accuser and do, in fact, owe apologies which your pride refuses to allow. You are, what's the word ....substandard. Every time you open your mouth, you prove me right. Oh, and Thank You! What a waste of my time on....nothing.....
truth

Kelmscott, Australia

#510019 Jan 29, 2014
nije tako

moli kriz
krvi kristova
onda ce reviliti tko jeeeeeeeeeee

jel jaaaaaaaaaaaa
da da tebi govorim

unutra je nesto

I am not going give over myself noooooooooooooooooooo.

i am myself
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510020 Jan 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Your impression is just your opinion.
Facts 40 years ago there were 58,000 roman catholic priests in america. Today there are 38,000 average age 61. Most new priests in america are imported from Italy or South america.
Fact 40 years ago 180,000 nuns in america. Today 57,500, average age 70.
If the holiest of catholics aren't answering the calling anymore then doesn't that clearly show even the most devout catholics are becoming liberal in their beliefs?
At the going rate the nuns will just about be all gone in 15 years other than a few newbies.
The same number of priests in the world 420,000 as there was 30 years ago. No growth there. The only reason catholic numbers are growing is because of the boom in Africa and South America as poor uneducated people grasp at it, while in the western world practicing catholics deminish every year.
Soon catholicism will be more about people from the east than those from the west. Future Cardinals and bishops will bring their own African/Asian traditions changing the churches landscape of believers.
If your church doesn't like Father Cozzens why is he still a practicing roman catholic priest?
If your church doesn't like nuns like Sister Maureen Fiedler than why doesn't your church do something about it?
You're a phony who is standing on the backs of victims to further your anti-Catholic agenda. Here's a ladder. After you climb down you can use it to bring your supporters down, too.

You're users and opportunists.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#510021 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text> Thanks Dust Storm. This must be the part of the Orthodox Church that you are always claiming wants to "reunite" with the Catholic Church. They know where the real action is.
All satire aside, I guess I am now expected to blame the media, call you a bigot and antiOrthodox, accuse you of slander, claim you owe me an apology, say these things, like the inquisition did not happen,and post an antiCatholic article to give tit for tat.
Not going to do this. I say,if true, deal with these poison carriers and cast whatever hierarchy allowed this happened into the Aegean Sea.
Beautiful, honey....

Location hidden

#510022 Jan 29, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
My purpose is not to disparage the Orthodox church, but it isnt hard to find abuse of many kinds in religious or secular organizations. It is not hard to find cruelty and violent acts either. All religions have their share of blood on their hands. If one has an argument of theology that is another matter, This does not mean corruption and abuse shoudl not be confronted or defended. However to focus on one Church and make it the singular issue while not addressing your own is not an advocate for children.
"The church’s stance has drawn unfortunate comparisons with the Vatican’s handling of its own sex-abuse scandals. Mirko Djordjevic, a sociologist in Belgrade, says the Orthodox leadership has long thought of itself as untouchable even as rampant evidence of wrongdoing came to light.
http://www.rferl.org/content/serbia-orthodox-...
http://www.russiablog.org/2010/06/patriarch_k...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/30/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_scanda... America
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/mar/20/...
http://www.russiablog.org/2010/06/patriarch_k...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/30/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_scanda... America
http://www.rferl.org/content/serbia-orthodox-...
Hey Dusty I cant wait for reunion now! When it happens we can sit around the camp fire and compare more things that we do have in common. Love Ya ....
truth

Kelmscott, Australia

#510023 Jan 29, 2014
limbo

see
they sacking blade and energy from us who pray and have power

do you know why i wrote this

they taking from us alive prayers
not all of them
evil is evilllllll

more pray more dirty

more sick of them

do you understood

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#510024 Jan 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
June, I posted the following last night in response to this. Unfortunately, "someone" in his extreme paranoia and ignorance chose to lie about me again. He really has a bad problem...in his mind it's always all about him, him, him, glorious, wonderful him! lol...
Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a snappy comeback for me, have at it, but I did want to show that what you posted is considered highly questionable at the very least as is stated in the following paragraph (seems some people can't read either, lol):
In 1994 John Boswell published a book - Same Sex Unions in Pre-Modern Europe (New York: Villard, 1994) which claimed, essentially, that the adelphopoiia rite known to have been used in Orthodox and Greek rite Catholic Churches constituted, in usage at least, a form of ecclesiastical blessing for homosexual unions. To say the least this claim has been highly contested. Boswell was not able to show that any high church body gave approval to such a use of the rite, but was able to show, as most critics allow, that the rite was both fairly widespread [he had about 70 manuscripts], and that it probably was used by some same-sex couples to give some outward sign to their relationship. There are contrary indications about the entire ceremony,
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/2rites .
----------
Btw, that makes two apologies he now owes me in less than 24 hours.
==========

I think Regina is correct. I owe her an apology. In fact a written apology is not sufficient. Therefore I recorded my apology on cam.It is available below"

Location hidden

#510025 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "religion aside", it's a deliberate attempt to isolate and blame only the Catholic Church, usually only after protestant arguments criticizing Catholic doctrine and Christian history have fallen flat. As a true protestant at heart, you're pretty good at it too.
Tony Tony Tony....we have more in common than I though. It is a great day for me today thanks to Dust Storm opening my eyes to the corruption in the orthodox church also. Our two church have more in common than I once thought....

Location hidden

#510026 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "religion aside", it's a deliberate attempt to isolate and blame only the Catholic Church, usually only after protestant arguments criticizing Catholic doctrine and Christian history have fallen flat. As a true protestant at heart, you're pretty good at it too.
oppsss missed your last sentence out of excitement......THANK YOU....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#510027 Jan 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't slander or falsely accuse you so there's no need for him to apologize. You, however, are a slanderer and false accuser and do, in fact, owe apologies which your pride refuses to allow. You are, what's the word ....substandard. Every time you open your mouth, you prove me right. Oh, and Thank You! What a waste of my time on....nothing.....
==========

Its unfortunate that you are not sharp enough to catch that my comment about an apology had nothing to do with asking for one but had to do with your incessant asking for apologies.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510028 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I had thought the same thing, that it most definitely is not "religion aside". Attacking religion is their main purpose, specifically Catholicism. To pretend to fail to see what "Miguelito" is too obvious.

Location hidden

#510029 Jan 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
If what Nick and I post is a waste of your time, then why to you respond to us...lol ...Because you love the drama...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#510030 Jan 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
Don't worry about it. Jesus said that there would be many FALSE Christs.
No where on earth did a supposed savior write in his own name.

Those such as you believe you can speak as though YOU are a savior of all humans.

You are a ridiculous preacher of nonsense from the lie-filled anti-Semitic KJV!

Location hidden

#510031 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text>==========
I think Regina is correct. I owe her an apology. In fact a written apology is not sufficient. Therefore I recorded my apology on cam.It is available below"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zf4We35Nqg0XX
Nick!! You are hilarious!! I love you more and more each day....don't ever change....
Liam

Chicago, IL

#510032 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never, ever said that. Just asking you to prove you're not a phony advocacy pimp by supporting your accusation that "most priests knew who the abusers were...."
Bad news for you here Mike;
"The Ramsey County attorneys office announced Wednesday that “we cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt” that anyone in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis violated the law in the church’s handling of allegations against a fired St. Paul clergy member who is now in prison for sexually abusing two boys."
http://m.startribune.com
Seen the similar headlines at www.twincities.com . I was a bit surprised. Good for the MN media to report this. I'm waiting to see if it makes tonights tv headlines. It wasn't long ago that they waited outside Mass for us to get a reaction. They completely blew these stories up. People like Michael loved it! I knew they handled the Wehmeyer case correctly because I knew some of the parishioners at Blessed Sacrament. The Archdiocese did the right thing. I'm proud of the Church.
Now if only school districts like in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada could learn from us. They are way behind!

Prince George, Canada

#510033 Jan 29, 2014
It would be interesting to listen in to some CC school classes! No wonder they hate Protestants so.
And YOU LOVE the Catholics, just as Jesus taught you to love them ... RIGHT???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#510034 Jan 29, 2014
No wonder so many people hate 'religion'.
Does your imaginary god hate the same religions that you hate?

Location hidden

#510035 Jan 29, 2014
Hey Michael !!! I'll share my ladder with you! lol

Prince George, Canada

#510036 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Beautiful, honey....
If I agree with your religious dogmas, will you call what I write "Beautiful???"

Prince George, Canada

#510037 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face the facts. Both Catholics and Protestants believe that "Jesus" is on their sides of the ongoing struggle for supremacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min ChristineM 444,282
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min PELE78 854,539
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min Knock off purse s... 6,130
___Warnings Issued for July 4th Holiday 8 min Rumorz 1
___FEDs Funding ISIS w Your Taxes! 10 min Rumorz 1
__ US FED Runs the Narcotics Trade 13 min Rumorz 1
White Lives MATTER 14 min Knock off purse s... 20
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min -Alan S Shole- 881
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr NewsYtube 612,601
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082