Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#510191 Jan 29, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your same old 21 century anti-catholic "opinionated" biblical and historical Protestant propaganda.....The answer to your question is the same as before!....The Catholic Church (Jesus Christs Universal Church has been recorded to be TRUE over and over and over again for over 2000 years in TRUE Church History beginning with Ignatius in 050 AD....Nothing more to add other than you (desperately) keep "fishing Ox and catch nothing"!!!!! Go argue with your other 42,100 contradicting bible only Protestants. There is "nothing' further" to discuss regarding this subect!!
Bull!!!!

The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form,... Some Catholics will admit that the doctrine of purgatory is not based on the Bible, but on Catholic tradition ...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#510192 Jan 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
What gets me is why they can't discuss spiritual matters without bothering your bed!
Coming from you who refers to gays as perverts ... that is comparable to the pot calling the kettle black.

By the way, when heterosexuals have anal and oral sex does Jesus side with your Protestant "wisdom" that the heterosexuals are perverts???

You best check the KJV for more lies, or your preaching will fall short of its own mark.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#510193 Jan 29, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> .My father was a Morman. He had 5 wives. 1 was a goat.My Mom was ok but she was obsessed with looking like Harry Bellefonte. She named my sister Dayyyyy-ooooo. My sister became a lesbian. But then she discovered she was a woman trapped in a woman's body.She called the Roto Rooter man to suck her out of her body and she was no longer trapped. She then was fully a woman.She decided to dress like a man and become a Catholic priest. She cut her hair and diguised herself as a man. She entered the seminary. However she was found out to be a woman when she was the only seminarian not molesting kids.I then was tricked into being Orthodox by a priest who told me that the Orthodox were a group of Orthodontists who were Doctors. I always loved teeth cause none of my relatives had any so I joined the Orthodox church. That didnt work out for me, They threw me out of the church cause every time i went up to get the bread at the end of service I would ask the priest when I was going to get the toothpaste,
Now you tell me I have 5 mother in laws??? This is something you should have told me before asking me to marry you LOL

Location hidden

#510194 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text> We all know that the "Coptic Orthodox" was a Catholic in disguise. He appeared at the exact time and day when I called you on some superficial knowledge you spewed re Orthodoxy quoted web pages to back you up, then disappeared.
Now you are stooping to talk about my family. Congratulations. Bravo!.Your father must be proud.
Nick please, when can I meet the ole goat, I mean my mother in law..lol

Location hidden

#510195 Jan 29, 2014
who="Seraphima" <quoted text> Their all like that....I'm a protestant and your not orthodox. Before you know it they'll be spreading rumor that we sleep in bunk beds in different rooms.....mana mana mana as your yia yia would say.
----------
What gets me is why they can't discuss spiritual matters without bothering your bed! The real reason is that they don't know enough about it...they need to read The Book.
KayMarie
The insults they post to nick and myself is because we are" informing you" with information about the truth of Church history which goes against what they believe their church to be.Because they come across one Orthodox in the past on this forum that sided with them they just cant understand why nick and I wouldn't do the same.They think they insult me by calling me a protestant. It doe not insult me at all. I have made know many times in the past that there are some things in the orthodox church I do disagree with and some things in the protestant church that I do agree with. In private I can tell you. So for the to call me a protestant is not an insult..
Michael

Canada

#510196 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Don't forget to add the orthodox church as well. Lets make this fair...ok
OK! Your In!
Michael

Canada

#510197 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried many times with you Nick. Apparently your wife's protestantism is too ingrained for her to refrain from attacking me and other Catholics each time we exposed the absurdity of the protestants here. You are always there to back her up, whether it's "your church is an abortion" or "your Eucharist is watered down" or "your priests are all perverts", there you are right alongside her fomenting it or claiming "I didn't say it".
Blessing Nick. I hope the Spirit blesses you in abundance with wisdom and foresight.
First paragraph you SLAM Nick. The last paragraph you bless him.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#510198 Jan 29, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb!!!!
A. Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...whom built these churches??????!!!!
This is no interpretation...its a question on Scripture: Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches. And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
B. In Rev Christ refers to seven churches.....none as the one and only true Catholic Church...Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...why
he not do so???
No interpretation...its a question based on Scripture:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write
Where did I say the CC is a one-true church?

Like I said, it's way over your head.

No matter, we forgive you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#510199 Jan 29, 2014
who="Seraphima" <quoted text> You mean like the way you tear into those here when they post facts about your church.....you mean like the way you personally insult me and nick. Do you see nick or I insulting you or your wife? What really gets me is that the Catholic's here brag about how their church is the true church and then act like they belong to a tribe in the jungle.You can insult me and nick all you like. You don't put food on my table or a roof over my head. I know what I have in life and nick and I both know the true value of life.Dont give us your Blessings or your prayers. We get more than enough from people that truly love and care for us. Safe them for someone in your own camp that can use the boost up in life. I am sure there are plenty more in need of your prayers than me....
----------

Good job. I don't think they know that God is love, and wants all of us to love each other. We are to love and honor God and His children; not an earthly kingdom. I appreciate the Christians who fellowship with me, but they, nor the building we use, is God.

Jesus said to 'love your enemies'! Imagine hating someone just because they don't see things the way you do. If we 'reason together' in a good spirit, we might soon come to understand and agree with each other.

KayMarie
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#510200 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text> We all know that the "Coptic Orthodox" was a Catholic in disguise. He appeared at the exact time and day when I called you on some superficial knowledge you spewed re Orthodoxy quoted web pages to back you up, then disappeared.
Now you are stooping to talk about my family. Congratulations. Bravo!.Your father must be proud.
Yawn...Sounds like Herme needs his bottle again lots of crying and whining with nothing to say, but yet plenty of hyprocrisy. The Universal head of the Orthodox church. lol Don't worry some protestants will bring you a bottle if you whine long enough. Maybe Preston will come on and call everyone Stooopid as he spells it. lol You know that Protestant JND Kelley the Catholic we all lie about. All Priests are pedophiles, homosexuals and filthy drunks dontcha know? Anyone who would believe peter in Rome is incredibly dumb right? lol He is a scholar like you and LTM and Him boast of their giant IQs. Same school? lol Kind of reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies where Jethro went to Harvard clear up the 4th grade. Still waiting for your official report on the Waldensians who were there from the beginning and Apostolic succession all Protestants have it your wife said so. lol More Orthodox teaching I guess. More learning than anyone in the history of the family. Ciphering his legacy. Maybe KM can bring up a pregnant nun who was dismissed or talk about Catholics drinking wine behind curtains so nobody can see them or there are no abusers in their churches and it never got covered up. Maybe you can post garbage on Pope Benedict because he had world renowned artists peform without their shirts for a charity event as shameless. lol Then there is that foul thing you are married to. Caught in her lies many times like you and admitted she was sinning finally while vowing to do it more. BTW nice fairy tale about why you came here and how you have acted. lol Did you officially Banish Metropolitan Phillip yet? ROTFL You are such a joke. Extra milk if you can whine and insult more than those you sewed for yourself just today alone hypocrite.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#510201 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> The insults they post to nick and myself is because we are" informing you" with information about the truth of Church history which goes against what they believe their church to be.Because they come across one Orthodox in the past on this forum that sided with them they just cant understand why nick and I wouldn't do the same.They think they insult me by calling me a protestant. It doe not insult me at all. I have made know many times in the past that there are some things in the orthodox church I do disagree with and some things in the protestant church that I do agree with. In private I can tell you. So for the to call me a protestant is not an insult..
Sera, very seldom did John agree with the catholics on this forum, he hated dustmop and mary Hammond with a passion.

the catholics(regina and Anthony) only started being nice to him when he laid on his death bed.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510202 Jan 29, 2014
I don't think they know that God is love, and wants all of us to love each other
Hahahahahaha

Your love for the Catholics might overwhelm them if they are not careful.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510203 Jan 29, 2014
Wacky theology

For Jesus to agree with the Catholics that the Jews were liars, that would mean that Jesus admitted to the Catholics that when he was a Jewish Rabbi, he ALSO had lied.

I wonder if Jesus had to confess that sin to a priest in order to be forgiven???

:)
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510204 Jan 29, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the catholics(regina and Anthony) only started being nice to him when he laid on his death bed.
Do you have a problem with them being nice to someone on his death bed?

Would you rather they assured him that he would burn in hell for eternity???
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510205 Jan 29, 2014
Pope Leo X ... "That damned stiff-necked Martin Luther will burn in hell. Isn't that right Jesus???"

Silence

Martin Luther ... "That damned pope Leo X will burn in hell. Isn't that right Jesus???"

Silence

Joseph Smith ... "Those damned popes and poor excuses for Protestants are all going to burn in hell. Isn't that right Jesus???"

Silence

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#510206 Jan 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick lied and slandered in that post. I'm shocked that you....who call yourself a Christian....would pat him on the back for it! On second thought, maybe I'm not so shocked after all. And not so sure you're the Christian you claim to be. You'll have to answer for it.
First off making an exception since you said,you all don't want to post to me ...made it personal sounded like..But I'll answer this,one.

..I really did not read the details,of the,post ..just wanted to say HI. And,I COUKD not get the,message,envelope to work ..

And,I did not comment on the details,of the,post

and yes,I miss his,posting ..I've,learned a,lot from Nick..

Why on earth do you care.

You insist on making things,personal...I don't get it.

Ok you and,Sera,had a,whatever is,obvious,from your posts,..
And you insist on denying what I know,I learned in s school .
Now,I'm not a,Christian.

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANY ONE,ON THAT...(sound,familiar))

So what I like them ...Nick and,Sera,....why on earth do you care,...

I said,Peace last night...I meant it.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510207 Jan 29, 2014
Wacky theology

I suggest that Jesus has been told what he believes more often than any other savior in any other religion. He gets bossed around from all angles.

God tells Jesus to love everybody, but the Catholics tell Jesus that he can't love the Jews, unless they become Catholic.

Then the Protestants tell Jesus he can't love the Jews or Catholics unless they become Protestant, and that Jesus is definitely not allowed to love Muslims unless they become Protestant.

Jesus has an emotional hangover, and begs to just be left alone in peace ... but no dice.

It seems that when you are a savior, you are always "on call."

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#510208 Jan 29, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unquestionable ... that the champions of Protestantism - Luther, Calvin, Beza, Knox, Cranmer and Ridley -- advocated the right of the civil authorities to punish the 'crime' of heresy ... Rousseau says truly:
The Reformation was intolerant from its cradle, and its authors were universal persecutors ...
Auguste Comte also writes:
The intolerance of Protestantism was certainly not less tyrannical than that with which Catholicism is so much reproached.(Philosophie Positive, IV, 51)
What makes, however, Protestant persecutions specially revolting is the fact that they were absolutely inconsistent with the primary doctrine of Protestantism -- the right of private judgment in matters of religious belief! Nothing can be more illogical than at one moment to assert that one may interpret the Bible to suit himself, and at the next to torture and kill him for having done so!
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/03/protes...
I have no idea,on whatever your discussion was,about ...as,I said I picked a,post to say hello ...
I'm not following and not going back to follow,...really..no kidding seriously ..just replied to say hi to someone who is,not here,often....I WAS NOT BUTTING INTO YIUR DISCUSSIIN as,you think is,so awful ..
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510209 Jan 29, 2014
Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never asked for or expected favors on my behalf.

I figured that if other animals didn't have any way to pray or expect any form of mercy ... it was more than likely the same would apply to me ... and if it didn't, I believed it should, as that would only be fair.

Location hidden

#510210 Jan 29, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say the CC is a one-true church?
Like I said, it's way over your head.
No matter, we forgive you.
Join your good buddy under his favorite rock and hiss til you are blue in the face...

BTW...you look funny with your foot in your mouth!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min oneear69 121,925
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 42 min Scientistalways 37,083
___End Time ISRAEL -- 2017 FOREWARNINGS___ 45 min oneear69 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr oneear69 988,525
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,548
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 7 hr Freakenstein 2
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 7 hr Erratic Mind 8
More from around the web