Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687165 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#510031 Jan 29, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
I think Regina is correct. I owe her an apology. In fact a written apology is not sufficient. Therefore I recorded my apology on cam.It is available below"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zf4We35Nqg0XX
Nick!! You are hilarious!! I love you more and more each day....don't ever change....
Liam

Chicago, IL

#510032 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never, ever said that. Just asking you to prove you're not a phony advocacy pimp by supporting your accusation that "most priests knew who the abusers were...."
Bad news for you here Mike;
"The Ramsey County attorneys office announced Wednesday that “we cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt” that anyone in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis violated the law in the church’s handling of allegations against a fired St. Paul clergy member who is now in prison for sexually abusing two boys."
http://m.startribune.com
Seen the similar headlines at www.twincities.com . I was a bit surprised. Good for the MN media to report this. I'm waiting to see if it makes tonights tv headlines. It wasn't long ago that they waited outside Mass for us to get a reaction. They completely blew these stories up. People like Michael loved it! I knew they handled the Wehmeyer case correctly because I knew some of the parishioners at Blessed Sacrament. The Archdiocese did the right thing. I'm proud of the Church.
Now if only school districts like in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada could learn from us. They are way behind!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#510033 Jan 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
It would be interesting to listen in to some CC school classes! No wonder they hate Protestants so.
And YOU LOVE the Catholics, just as Jesus taught you to love them ... RIGHT???

:)
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510034 Jan 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
No wonder so many people hate 'religion'.
Does your imaginary god hate the same religions that you hate?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#510035 Jan 29, 2014
Hey Michael !!! I'll share my ladder with you! lol
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510036 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Beautiful, honey....
If I agree with your religious dogmas, will you call what I write "Beautiful???"

June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510037 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "religion aside", it's a deliberate attempt to isolate and blame only the Catholic Church, usually only after protestant arguments criticizing Catholic doctrine and Christian history have fallen flat. As a true protestant at heart, you're pretty good at it too.
Let's face the facts. Both Catholics and Protestants believe that "Jesus" is on their sides of the ongoing struggle for supremacy.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#510038 Jan 29, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
My purpose is not to disparage the Orthodox church, but it isnt hard to find abuse of many kinds in religious or secular organizations. It is not hard to find cruelty and violent acts either. All religions have their share of blood on their hands. If one has an argument of theology that is another matter, This does not mean corruption and abuse shoudl not be confronted or defended. However to focus on one Church and make it the singular issue while not addressing your own is not an advocate for children.
"The church’s stance has drawn unfortunate comparisons with the Vatican’s handling of its own sex-abuse scandals. Mirko Djordjevic, a sociologist in Belgrade, says the Orthodox leadership has long thought of itself as untouchable even as rampant evidence of wrongdoing came to light.
http://www.rferl.org/content/serbia-orthodox-...
http://www.russiablog.org/2010/06/patriarch_k...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/30/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_scanda... America
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/mar/20/...
http://www.russiablog.org/2010/06/patriarch_k...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/30/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_scanda... America
http://www.rferl.org/content/serbia-orthodox-...
My focus in not on the Catholic Church as the only purveyor of such abuses. It is obvious that we will find abuses in every church. My focus is on those that defend the offenders and especially those that defend the hierarchy that provides the culture for this to happen.I see a lot of that here. That infuriates me...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510039 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text>==========
Its unfortunate that you are not sharp enough to catch that my comment about an apology had nothing to do with asking for one but had to do with your incessant asking for apologies.
Oh, I'm sharper than you think.

Gottcha!(lol...)
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510040 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<Because you love the drama...
Do you believe that if Jesus exists, that he would love the negative drama that all of you are creating in HIS name that you in turn proclaim is holy?

It's comparable to washing dishes with water that you used to first clean out the toilet.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510041 Jan 29, 2014
Meanwhile all the divisive Muslim factions are killing each other off in the name of holy service to the supposed same god whose emotions the Muslims stole from the Jews.

There is no cure for human stupidity.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510042 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If what Nick and I post is a waste of your time, then why to you respond to us...lol ...Because you love the drama...
Sorry, that's your baggage, not mine......senorita. lol....
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510043 Jan 29, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen the similar headlines at www.twincities.com . I was a bit surprised. Good for the MN media to report this. I'm waiting to see if it makes tonights tv headlines. It wasn't long ago that they waited outside Mass for us to get a reaction. They completely blew these stories up. People like Michael loved it! I knew they handled the Wehmeyer case correctly because I knew some of the parishioners at Blessed Sacrament. The Archdiocese did the right thing. I'm proud of the Church.
Now if only school districts like in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada could learn from us. They are way behind!
Glad to hear it, Liam! You'd better watch out though, seraphima and nick will be making disparaging comments about you all afternoon now. It's what they do. Heck, it's all they do!
But don't let it bother you, they're nothing but a pile of....substandard.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#510044 Jan 29, 2014
I suggest that we split the Abrahamic god's emotions into thirds.

One third love goes to the Catholics ... one third love goes to the Muslims ... and the other third love goes to the Protestants.

The Jews are on their own ... as the god abandoned them to love others.

Idiotic religious fools!!!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#510045 Jan 29, 2014
<quoted text> My focus in not on the Catholic Church as the only purveyor of such abuses. It is obvious that we will find abuses in every church. My focus is on those that defend the offenders and especially those that defend the hierarchy that provides the culture for this to happen.I see a lot of that here. That infuriates me...
In your dreams oh scholar of scholars. lol Nobody is defending abusers and that has been made clear abundantly. Pull the Redwood tree out of your eye.

It is unfortuntate for you that you cannot see how petty and how limited your mind is. You are a child who throws tantrums and embellishes to try to hide your inadequacy and iniquity. You are a total disgrace to not only the Orthodox church, but child advocates everywhere, It is not hard to see while little has happened with powerful people like you running about. How truly sad. A liar and a hypocrite. You really owe an apology to the human race. I have to hand it to you though. You are truly a scholar when it comes to anything with lack of substance. Beatiful!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#510046 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Christ picks his priest??? You may want to rethink that one because your opening yourself up again....
YES, Christ does choose young men. Deal with it. You know mikey is doing what the devil wants. I guess since you agree with sick mike, then you are too.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#510047 Jan 29, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams oh scholar of scholars. lol Nobody is defending abusers and that has been made clear abundantly. Pull the Redwood tree out of your eye.
It is unfortuntate for you that you cannot see how petty and how limited your mind is. You are a child who throws tantrums and embellishes to try to hide your inadequacy and iniquity. You are a total disgrace to not only the Orthodox church, but child advocates everywhere, It is not hard to see while little has happened with powerful people like you running about. How truly sad. A liar and a hypocrite. You really owe an apology to the human race. I have to hand it to you though. You are truly a scholar when it comes to anything with lack of substance. Beatiful!
Beautiful!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#510048 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:

I'm sorry, but maybe the "you're communion is watered down and it's not valid without the cup" comments are clouding my reasoning, or maybe I'm a bit offended by your implication that Catholic priest don't give a hoot who gets communion while Orthodox priests do. At least I don't say "Oh, how little you know".

New Age:
They don't.

I could walk into a Catholic Church and receive communion.

And there would be no one to stop me.

Your position is invalid.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
I am not quite sure of what you mean here....
Do you think that the RCC priests merely tow the line coming out of the Vatican? Or there is some dissent? Or some are orthodox and other unorthodox? Or some just don't care, and are up there in Mass performing a show?
Possibly a combination of all these and more....
I would think it quite easy to walk in anonymously into an RCC and receive communion, if you looked the part. The question is why would someone do such a thing? I don't know what it would prove except that the RCC is not controlled as rigidly as some think....
Peace
Please direct your correction to Anthony, as he is the one who is misinformed. Or too gullible to think that the "Communion Police" would be present.

"if you looked the part"
- Really? How does one "look the part"?
+ Putting on the Sunday Best?
+ Carries in a donation envelope?
+ Has a "Catholic" name sticker on their chest?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#510049 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They do.
And you could go up, but if he had ESP he wouldn't give it to you. It's forbidden. The one committing sacrilege would be you, not him, precisely since you know better.
"if he had ESP".....LOL

Why not, you believe men who had visions and forged letters, why not ESP.
Michael

Canada

#510050 Jan 29, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If this priest is innocent. Very good.

As I have stated all along, the main issue are the bishops and Cardinals in charge who intentionally lied, deliberately covered up, bullied the victims and their families telling them they were wrong. The same men you put all your trust in.

St Paul clearly stated intentional coverups were made, Chicago stated the same thing,,,,,,,,,,yet now you rejoice.

You are a sick individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton Foundation Scandals 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr exposingdolts 30,680
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 987,134
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 3 hr Doctor REALITY 3
BING keeps DOMINATING with "Homepage Magic" 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 14 hr Voice of Reason 3
More from around the web