Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#509924 Jan 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You CHOSE Catholicism over Protestantism, and that choice was based on division ... not unity.
Only within the walls built by divisive cults is their unity.
"I am a Catholic and Jesus loves Catholics ... NOT Protestants.
June

Choice over..., division?

I see things as more a continuity, than division. I don't have any problem, as do others on this thread in trying to divide Jesus Christ among themselves....

I am about as much a Catholic as I am a Protestant. So sometimes I defend both, and at other times I defend neither one of them. I can protest both, and accept both.

It is easier to be happy, for me to not hold onto that which betrays me, and that is my own beliefs....

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#509925 Jan 29, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Is there any need of religion in heaven?
EREHWON
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erewhon
I will ask you an equally ridiculous question.

Is there any need of religion in hell?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#509926 Jan 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved most of the nuns..we had one should never have been around kids heard she left ..
..But the rest were like mothers, to us..very strict but caring ...
Can't blame the nuns,..they taught what they believed.
We,just never heard of older Church history ...
Never heard any of it till I was,an adult .
IMO even in the kindest light ...That the pope did not excommunicated the guilty monarchs. For political reasons,gave THE APPEARANCE.( even had no clergy been involved )
And by taking over the confiscated property. They were complicit
SECULARISM AND POLITICS,
..if nothing else..That the CHURCH was for the Inquisition....And even in the early Church they were clear on setting a,good example so as,not to reflect badly on Jesus,and His,teachings,
BUT just like all of us...we,are alone before GOD in th e end as LTM told last night quite well ..
Fact is,whatever the reasons the RCC was judged by the inquisition.
Jesus,said preach...if they don't accept WALK AWAY ....not torture..not kill ....
Thankfully things changed after the Reformation...power corrupts,...they lost power .
I think they are,now,a better CHURCH ...And these,folks here should be thankful ...But they just throw,stones,at the Reformers,.
I believe the CHRISTIAN D,here SHOUKD acknowledge the past and move ON together ...we,all love JESUS,AND He will sort out our differences,in the end
The minute the reformers got power they tortured and killed as brutally if not more so than the Catholics. Bet your protestant teachers never told you that one.
Michael

Canada

#509927 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He wrote a letter a few years ago and spends 18 hours a day on this forum bashing the Catholic Church and Christianity. Some voice they got there.
This is a catholic topix forum. Most of what I post is about catholicism. Is the church the one true church. I give my opinion as the administrator asks and I say no and I explain myself.

I might disagree with some of catholicism and christianity but I do not make stories up.

I post information that is public knowledge that many catholics are not aware of.

If I post on here 18 hours a day that is my business.

If you and other catholics would stand up yourselves against crime and criminal behavior by these involved, instead of defending or making up lame excuses for them, or (other churchs are doing it too nonsense) these horrible stories might go away a lot faster.

You have a choice to respond to my posts or not. I have told you that several times. You keep coming back for more trying to knock me off. Its not working.

You Liam, HOJO, Regina spend much of your time on here knocking the doctrines of other believers, isn't it time you found common ground with them, and all of you stand up against crime in your church when it happens.

Chilliwack, Canada

#509928 Jan 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You have a good heart Rose
It's a pity that she, along with countless others, has been taught to believe in a supposed afterlife of an eternal state of bliss for some and an eternal state of suffering for others.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#509929 Jan 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
St Christopher is not mentioned in the bible and you believe in him and millions of Catholics name their kids after him and have his medals.
Liam its All bunk.
I don't think he's a,saint any more as,far as the,RCC is,concerned ...pretty sure they took him off along with others...

The SAINTS,in Heaven ..whoever they are ...are,known to OUR LORD...

Just like,there are,no more,babies,in limbo as,they don't believe,in limbo any more,..I think..And,that's,a,good change,as,it scared the check out of us,as,kids,...I asked another person..we WERE,told about emergency baptizing if no priest was,around,for children dying ...

Jesus,SAID send,the children to ME ...I take,His,Word ...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#509930 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He wrote a letter a few years ago and spends 18 hours a day on this forum bashing the Catholic Church and Christianity. Some voice they got there.
Welcome to the Hate Fest, or as Gene used to call it Bigot Central. Of course they support him, he's an anti-Catholic bigot and a liar just like they are and the rest of those they support.
You could always try changing the subject....I understand they have an authority on the Crusades and Inquisitions among them. Crowns are her specialty, lol.......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#509931 Jan 29, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your as clueless as a door knob Anthony, denying what has been stated as fact from the catholic church them self, from the vatican on down.
Real Godly priest have left the church in disgust over the scandle as have many catholic's.
the only reason some church have had a increase in numbers is because so many have been closed .
Some people are staying in the church because all their friends are there.
So stop you crap Anthony man up and admit what you know in your heart is the truth.
I give it a month and another scandle will come to the open. if I was a gambler I would put money on that.
I have never denied priests abused and bishops made bad decisions.

And priestly vocations and membership have increased.

Speaking of crap, have you had your head examined lately? I think you're suffering from cabin fever. How's your "home church of one" with pope LTM at the helm?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#509932 Jan 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved most of the nuns..we had one should never have been around kids heard she left ..
IMO even in the kindest light ...That the pope did not excommunicated the guilty monarchs. For political reasons,gave THE APPEARANCE.( even had no clergy been involved )
SECULARISM AND POLITICS,
..if nothing else..That the CHURCH was for the Inquisition....And even in the early Church they were clear on setting a,good example so as,not to reflect badly on Jesus,and His,teachings,
BUT just like all of us...we,are alone before GOD in th e end as LTM told last night quite well ..
Jesus,said preach...if they don't accept WALK AWAY ....not torture..not kill ....
Thankfully things changed after the Reformation...power corrupts,...they lost power .
I think they are,now,a better CHURCH ...And these,folks here should be thankful ...But they just throw,stones,at the Reformers,.
I believe the CHRISTIAN D,here SHOUKD acknowledge the past and move ON together ...we,all love JESUS,AND He will sort out our differences,in the end
http://images.cdn.fotopedia.com/b1gXYfSmHZw-t...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#509933 Jan 29, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Regina
Toms River, NJ
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago
In 1994 John Boswell published a book - Same Sex Unions in Pre-Modern Europe (New York: Villard, 1994) which claimed, essentially, that the adelphopoiia rite known to have been used in Orthodox and Greek rite Catholic Churches constituted, in usage at least, a form of ecclesiastical blessing for homosexual unions. To say the least this claim has been highly contested. Boswell was not able to show that any high church body gave approval to such a use of the rite, but was able to show, as most critics allow, that the rite was both fairly widespread [he had about 70 manuscripts], and that it probably was used by some same-sex couples to give some outward sign to their relationship. There are contrary indications about the entire ceremony,
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/2rites ....
==========
One of Regina's sources she uses to slam the Orthodox Church is a gay activist Catholic whose agenda is to see the Church embrace homosexual marriage. So she champions John Boswell as a source. That speaks for itself re the credibility issue:
Finding justification for perversion is a full time job these days. Consider John Boswell, an admitted homosexual who died from AIDS. For years Boswell had been trying to prove that homosexuality is supported by the Bible. He tried to make a case for homosexuality in his poorly argued Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality.
http://store.americanvision.org/blogs/the-ame...
John Boswell was past Chairman of Yale's history department was gay and a convert to Catholicism. He resided in New Haven with his long-time companion, and died not too long ago [1994] at age 42 of an AIDS-related illness.
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
In 1987, Dr. Boswell helped organize the Lesbian and Gay Studies Center at Yale, which is now the Research Fund for Lesbian and Gay Studies.
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/25/obituaries/...
But like many homosexuals who have written what could be termed brilliant exposition or some other form of self-enabling research (Simon LeVay And the Hypothalamus theory), Boswell was out to prove a point that would stand only to benefit himself and others who rejected predominant Christian teaching on homosexuality.
http://kkaatz1.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/john-...
Marian Therese Horvat, Ph.D "Rewriting History to Serve the Gay Agenda"
“WHAT BOSWELL IS TRYING TO DO IS CHANGE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. I think that was his whole purpose,” said Dr. Vern. L. Bullough, a professor emeritus of History at Buffalo Sate University of New York (2). I agree with Dr. Bullough. THE INTEREST OF BOSWELL WAS FIRST AND FOREMOST TO FIND “FACTS” THAT COULD JUSTIFY HOMOSEXUALITY AS SOMETHING NORMAL AND ACCEPTABLE IN ORDER TO FURTHER THE GAY RIGHTS AGENDA OF OUR DAY.
Any objective medieval historian cannot be oblivious to the serious flaws in Boswell’s work. But because of the “politically correct” tyranny of the gay rights movement on campuses, the Yale professor’s work is barely challenged
http://www.traditioninaction.org/bkreviews/A_...
GOOD TO see,you here,Nick..miss,your thoughtful answers,....
ALONG with raging aging ....Lol JK

Rose,Ducks,

Chilliwack, Canada

#509934 Jan 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,said preach
Catholic church-fathers wrote that, in the hopes that the Catholic followers would go forth and preach Catholicism as a world-religion.

There is not one word written in the hand of a supposed savior anywhere on earth in any religion where supposed saviors existed.

If you don't think outside of the religious BOX ... religion will keep on owning you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#509935 Jan 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The 6,000 pages of internal communications, meeting schedules where allegations were discussed, testimony, and letters were released through court settlements between attorneys for the victims and the archdiocese. They reveal that leaders in the archdiocese, including the late Cardinal John Cody, the late Cardinal Joseph Bernardin, and the current Cardinal Francis George, MOVED PRIESTS to different parishes when they were accused of abuse to protect them. THEY WOULD ASK OTHER PRIESTS TO MONITOR THEIR BEHAVIOR around children, but they would not inform the police. Prosecution was rarely pursued.
....Chicago Sun-Times. Jeff Anderson and another attorney Marc Pearlman represented over 50 victims and negotiated the release of the documents.“Blame is also to be shared by BISHOPS, MEMEBERS OF THE CLERGY, AND OTHER TOP OFFICIALS, each of whom … became aware of … reports that priests were offending children, and they made INTENTIONAL and CONSCIOUS choices to conceal that, to protect the priests, protect the reputation of the archdiocese and in effect conceal the crime and give safe harbor to the offender.”
http://feminist.org/blog/index.php/2014/01/23...
.........and you are angry at me! You are part of this whole problem.
UNBELIEVABLE
Still not one shred of evidence that "most priests knew and were told by the bishops" which is your accusation. You're a pimp. A phony advocate who uses the suffering of children to advance his agenda while ignoring the greater problem of abuse in secular and protestant institutions.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#509936 Jan 29, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SECULARISM AND POLITICS,
The Protestant Inquisition: "Reformation" Intolerance and Persecution

Unfortunately, the religious "scandal score" needs to be evened up now and then, and the lesser-known "skeletons in the closet" need to be rescued from obscurity, surveyed, and exposed. I take no pleasure in "dredging up" these unsavory occurrences, but it is necessary for honest, fair historical appraisal.
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/03/protes...

Try reading fact instead of fiction all the time. Rose.

Btw, where do you get your information on the Crusades and Inquisitions? Disclose your sources.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#509937 Jan 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men being mortal cruel brutes created gods in their own images.
June

If men are such mortal(immoral) cruel brutes, then who made them that way? I see a woman behind all this....

(Men were not cruel and mortal brutes before women came along....)

Life before Eve was Paradise....

(more misogynist satire)

Chilliwack, Canada

#509938 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The minute the reformers got power they tortured and killed as brutally if not more so than the Catholics. Bet your protestant teachers never told you that one.
The first Protestants were simply ex-Catholics ... Martin Luther, the ex-monk being the leader of the brutes.

And yes, they were all killers in the name of the LORD.

And the irony of such behavior was that they were teaching that Jesus came to earth to show humans how to love one another.

What a scam!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#509939 Jan 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
From the International Catholic news weekly they report below;
The court documents were released as part of a 2008 settlement with victims. They reveal how allegations were kept secret and church leaders, including the late cardinals John Cody and Joseph Bernardin, would approve the moving of accused priests from one parish to another. They also call into question the actions of the archbishop – Cardinal Francis George.
That is not good Husker! Did you see Cardinal Bernardins name there? Not good at all.
http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/356/0/cardina...
....When the senior clergy were aware of abuse and took steps to hide the information and distort justice, they should be charged with criminal evidence tampering. Right Husker.
...Marc Pearlman, one of two attorneys acting for victims of abuse by Catholic priests, said at a press conference that the 6000 documents reveal the leadership at the archdiocese of Chicago was involved in the "systematic cover-up" of abuse.
Thats not good news Husker! Nope!
I bring the truth catholics hate to know. Only because they don;t want to believe its true.
and you understand that was in the past, right? NOT NOW. we have done something about it, how many times do we need to tell you this. why don't you get upset at the public school systems in this country that allow immoral behavior? YOU DON"T, it's only the Catholics you go after. Says a lot about you doesn't it. Yes many other institutions have done the same thing, but you won't obsess over that or even bring it up, it's just the Catholics. go find a quiet place and ask Christ to help you, you are doing the devil's work. Another thing, you bring up sins from the past, that have been dealt with, the devil does that. And when one does harm to the innocent, like you falsely accusing people , Some one will falsely accuse you .
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#509940 Jan 29, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your as clueless as a door knob Anthony, denying what has been stated as fact from the catholic church them self, from the vatican on down.
Real Godly priest have left the church in disgust over the scandle as have many catholic's.
the only reason some church have had a increase in numbers is because so many have been closed .
Some people are staying in the church because all their friends are there.
So stop you crap Anthony man up and admit what you know in your heart is the truth.
I give it a month and another scandle will come to the open. if I was a gambler I would put money on that.
Crap? You said "crap"? Don't let Charles hear you!
But then I'm positive he'll give you a pass...just as he does all the other fundies when they cuss. It's nice to have this for future reference though.
Michael

Canada

#509941 Jan 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know they paid millions. Yeah, I know priests abused children. Yeah, I know some bishops didn't turn them over to the police. What I don't know and what you have accused them of doing, which you've never shown one shred of evidence, is that "most priests knew who the molesters were and bishops told them to cover it up and keep an eye on them".
C'mon Mike, where's the proof?
(lol) If you acknowledge the church has paid MILLIONS in settlements, and you know priests have done terrible things, and you say you know some bishops didn't turn them into police, why are you asking me for evidence of what you already said you agreed happened?

This is going to continue. I am sure Attorney Jeff Anderson and his team are working on behalf of several victims of these crimes for the next diocese, you should be very thankful Anthony, Regina, Hojo, Liam we have attorneys that specialize in these horrible cases, to get the right justice for those that never got it from the people who they are suppose to trust the most.

When I was growing up as a young catholic in grade school, we all heard rumors about certain priests, but it never went any farther than that. It just shows our suspicions were right all along. I can't imagine victims that went to their graves with these horrors and the pain and agony they felt knowing their own church and their own families never believed what they were saying.

truth

Perth, Australia

#509942 Jan 29, 2014
planty demons wicket as well ants too

i still alive
its 3 allready died in my street few mounths they disappier how they come
yep
decivers and posessors working very well
then
what a about your liars

thanks I am still honest
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#509943 Jan 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a catholic topix forum. Most of what I post is about catholicism. Is the church the one true church. I give my opinion as the administrator asks and I say no and I explain myself.
I might disagree with some of catholicism and christianity but I do not make stories up.
I post information that is public knowledge that many catholics are not aware of.
If I post on here 18 hours a day that is my business.
If you and other catholics would stand up yourselves against crime and criminal behavior by these involved, instead of defending or making up lame excuses for them, or (other churchs are doing it too nonsense) these horrible stories might go away a lot faster.
You have a choice to respond to my posts or not. I have told you that several times. You keep coming back for more trying to knock me off. Its not working.
You Liam, HOJO, Regina spend much of your time on here knocking the doctrines of other believers, isn't it time you found common ground with them, and all of you stand up against crime in your church when it happens.
You can post whatever you want, and I can show everyone how much of a phony advocate pimp you are whenever I want. Ain't freedom of speech great?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min ROCCO 110,676
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Student 46,201
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Drumpf Disaster 253
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Marie 478
Why does shopping feel so good? 1 hr humble brother 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 2 hr stirringYTube 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,773
More from around the web