Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665182 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#509287 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
You logic goes something like this...Michael persistently calls attention to children being molested therefore he has an overwhelming attraction to and desire to molest children. Applying this same logic to Elie Wiesel whose family was killed by Nazi's in the Holocaust and who spent a life time talking about the horror's of the Holocaust gets off on killing Jews/
I have nothing to be ashamed of. I have done no wrong. Catholics continually make up excuses and blame others to protect those deserve the blame.
How is this most serious problem worldwide within the church ever going to be solved if catholics keep blaming others for the sins of their own leaders? Why is this problem prevalent in almost all 195 dioceses in america and every country where catholic clergy are located?
Catholics themselves are now showing themselves as being part of the problem. Very troubling!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509288 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..... According to the court documents from Chicago, most of the non molesting priests were well aware of the ones who were molesting. Bishop
s informed the non molesting priests to keep an eye on the ,molesting ones over 25 years!. It was stated in the 6000 pages of church secret documents reported in court. Why would a non molesting priest not do the right thing and question his bishop that what they were doing was morally wrong? Why would the knowing non molesting priests want to remain priests, if what they were doing was morally wrong and sinful.
Last week for the first time in 25 years hundreds of victims FINALLY for their justice and the church got another black eye.
HIPOCRICY!
Cite the court document that says "most of the non molesting priests were well aware of the ones who were molesting. Bishops informed the non molesting priests to keep an eye on the ,molesting ones over 25 years!.".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#509289 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all of the victims today getting justice are adults. Nothing to do today with children.
Catholics are partially responsible for all what has happened. They have paid the salaries/benefits for those involved including the coverup bishops, and they continue to pay for them today.
How sick is that?
Hey Mike..

you said common sense is how you decide what is right and wrong. Then what do you do when what is common sense for you contradicts with what is common sense for someone else?
Michael

Canada

#509290 Jan 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians pray. Not only for help and things but to thank Him for who He is and all He has done. Do you suppose you chose the right fork in the road, made sound investment decisions, have perfect health, never used illegal drugs, didn't abuse alcohol, drive within the speed limit, have a loving family, have loving grand children, a dog and everyone is top notch with no problems because you are so wonderful and smart? Really? You need get over your wonderful self. Humble yourself and thank the God who created you for providing all of what you have now and will ever have in the future. No Christian I have ever met believes they have done it ALL on their own. If you believe you have done it all on your own then you don't need God....evidently you are God.
<quoted text>
Are you so ignorant you believe God answers every prayer? The only person who had all of His prayers answered was Jesus. Why? Jesus always prayed in the will of the Father.
You have a choice. You can bend your knees in prayer to a loving God or you WILL bend your knees in fear to a judging God. Bend your knees now or bend them later. Bend now and be saved or bend later and spend eternity in the lake of fire. It is your choice.
WOW! You have already prejudged yourself and you are not going to this so called ring of fire..........but other people are and you know who they are! You must be God!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#509291 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support your faith community even though you know every single one of them is a sinner including your pastor? Why?
If my pastor molested a boy I'd leave the church.

What's your answer?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#509292 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support your faith community even though you know every single one of them is a sinner including your pastor? Why?
Let me re-phrase that. If there was a cover up of molestation in my church, I'd leave.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#509293 Jan 27, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> My priest has never molested anyone, nor do I know of any priest in my lifetime molesting anyone. The Eucharist is Christ, can't water that down one bit. You are childish and have a piggy mouth. Go grow up.. A swearing priest is a lot nicer than you.
I am not a man of God but your priest is...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#509294 Jan 27, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
I have given you countless examples of the writings of the early Church showing them to be Catholic. All you have ever done to cite your opinion as to scripture passages that you imagine support your particular protestant tradition. That's what what all the other competing protestant sects do to support their own contradictory traditions as well. Sorry.

----------
What you have done is quote your church 'fathers', but that would be like someone quoting some Mormon (many do), or a Unitarian to prove that 'their''church' is the right one. Joseph Smith and his followers declare that an angel from heaven revealed the golden tablets to him. Likewise, Mohammed and his crew swears that Gabriel himself came to him and dictated the Koran to himself, who could neither read nor write.

I prefer the words of the Apostles themselves, which happen to be the scripture passages I use.

KayMarie

#509295 Jan 27, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
I suggest that your question ought to be whether a savior actually exists that would even have a desire to keep an EYE on you and your self-indulgent Protestant affliction.

----------
I have no such question because I've met Him, and KNOW that He keeps an eye on all of us...even you.

KayMarie
Michael

Canada

#509296 Jan 27, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> My priest has never molested anyone, nor do I know of any priest in my lifetime molesting anyone. The Eucharist is Christ, can't water that down one bit. You are childish and have a piggy mouth. Go grow up.. A swearing priest is a lot nicer than you.
You say your priest has never molested anyone.

That might be true but, I am sure thousands of others have said the same thing..........and the outcome was terrible.

The facts, speak the truth. Google diocese Chicago abuse........read the disgusting testimony from the 6000 pages of secret documents that the church kept secret for 25 years.

The 4th largest diocese in america, Chicago, court documents state that molesting clergy had been stationed over 25 years in over 60% of the 250 parishes. The odds are not in your favor.

These stats are in the court documents. They are not my words.

Unbelievable..........

#509297 Jan 27, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Cite the court document that says "most of the non molesting priests were well aware of the ones who were molesting. Bishops informed the non molesting priests to keep an eye on the ,molesting ones over 25 years!."

----------
Then why didn't they report an prosecute them?
KM

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#509298 Jan 27, 2014
i wonder if the pope/caesar of rome will ever constitute feeding people to lions and gladiator fighting again? they've been condoning pedophilia so one never knows.....

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#509299 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your arguing, "I'm right! ". "No your not, I am"... your both going to heaven according to both of you, the only concern is you will still be arguing once you get there, and I am sitting on the sidelines watching this sideshow.
Heaven ought to be a royal blast!

If God exists he will have to take a club after them to stop them from preaching "love" at each other.

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#509300 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given you countless examples of the writings of the early Church showing them to be Catholic. All you have ever done to cite your opinion as to scripture passages that you imagine support your particular protestant tradition. That's what what all the other competing protestant sects do to support their own contradictory traditions as well. Sorry.
Really? Where might I find Biblical proof that John, Peter, James the son of Zebedee, Philip, Bartholomew, Andrew, Thomas, Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus and Simon the Canaanite were ROMAN Catholics? How about Barnabus, Paul, Timothy and Mark? Are they also ROMAN Catholics? No, not one of these was ROMAN Catholic.

Let's check the book the ROMAN Catholics claim to have compiled for us. What does the Bible say?

Acts 11:26, "And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called CHRISTIANS in Antioch."

Wow Anthony MN, they were call CHRISTIANS......not ROMAN Catholics.

I searched and searched and searched my Bible and guess what......the words ROMAN Catholic are not in it. In fact the word "catholic" is not in my Bible either. How do you explain this situation? Oh, that's right, you will lean on "oral tradition" which enables you to add any word or words you would like to justify your theology. You are to be pitied.

You better pray the roseMARY and go to confession. Maybe at confession you will be lucky with your priest again and get molested. Just sayin'.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509301 Jan 27, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If my pastor molested a boy I'd leave the church.
What's your answer?
So some sins are worse than others? How about looking with lust at a female congregant?

How do you know he never did? How do you know he's not doing it right now?

None of the pastors in the Church I've been going to for over 40 years has ever been accused of molestation. 97% of priests have never been accused of doing anything wrong. By 2011 there were 9 credible accusations against priests in the US out of over 40,000. That means 99.998% of priests were no more accused than your pastor of molestation. My answer is yes, of course I support my Church and Archdiocese. If a small percentage of my contribution helps alleviate the pain and suffering caused by perverted "priests" from decades ago, I'm glad to do it for the poor innocent victims.

Surrey, Canada

#509302 Jan 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Then why didn't they report an prosecute them?
KM
For the same reason the Protestant ministers didn't report their selves and the members of the congregations didn't report them either when they molested.

Would you go to a church that hung a sign on the lawn ... Welcome to our heavenly church. We have pedophiles living in our midst" ...???

When people are preaching holiness at others ... they will sweep piles of dirt under the carpet where they sit in their pews.

Many churches are institutions of depravity.

Surrey, Canada

#509303 Jan 27, 2014
[I prefer the words of the Apostles themselves, which happen to be the scripture passages I use.
KayMarie
And do you ever USE those scriptures to shine a glowing light on your self and an evil darkness on others.

You are a master of bullsh*t.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509304 Jan 27, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
----------
What you have done is quote your church 'fathers', but that would be like someone quoting some Mormon (many do), or a Unitarian to prove that 'their''church' is the right one. Joseph Smith and his followers declare that an angel from heaven revealed the golden tablets to him. Likewise, Mohammed and his crew swears that Gabriel himself came to him and dictated the Koran to himself, who could neither read nor write.
I prefer the words of the Apostles themselves, which happen to be the scripture passages I use.
KayMarie
Kay, Christians in the 1st century had scripture, the "words of the Apostles" and understood it the way the Catholic Church does. Many of the men I quote were taught directly by the apostles.

All of the men who's doctrine you believe were heretics who broke from the Church 1500 years later.

What you believe is that you somehow know the meaning of scripture better than all the Christians for 1500 years before your heretic forefathers came onto the scene. That is the only possible explanation.

Surrey, Canada

#509305 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......... The stories of Jesus and Martin Luther are very similar.
Jesus was a devout Jew. Pissed off his own religious leaders quit his faith and started a new belief.
Martin Luther a devout catholic, Pissed off the church leaders quit his faith and started a new belief.
Martin Luther is just the newest link from the original Jesus story. I am sure in the future the chain will continue to grow, someone else will piss off their church leaders again continue on with new beliefs maybe in a different direction. Sounds exciting!!
.......It is the evolution from the very beginning. Pagan gods, to one god Jew, to trinity catholic, to Protestant, to whatever comes next.????
There have been countless prophets since Martin Luther. Joseph Smith claimed he had visions from "God" concerning how to "restore" the new testament to its original truth.

Hahahahahaha
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#509306 Jan 27, 2014
Big time denial going on about Catholic child sex scandal.

Here are two things we know...

1... The Catholic church was associated with hush-hush child sex abuse well before the latest scandal.

2... The Catholic church has painted itself into a corner with this one-true thing.

No Then where are Catholics "Yes, Jesus allowed his only true church to become synonymous with child sex abuse, notwithstanding Jesus' own words in the Bible."

Yes, Catholic must say that to themselves every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 11 min DundeeDank 5
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 24 min andet1987 3,383
Electing a president.......with NO POLITICAL EX... 30 min andet1987 2
The Future of Politics in America 33 min macholibre 177
Black vs White sperm fertility 37 min andet1987 3
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 44 min macholibre 512
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min AussieBobby 957
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min macholibre 977,212
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Clearwater 87,945
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497