Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#509268 Jan 27, 2014
Timeline of Religion

Manichaean Gnosticism is formed by prophet Mani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#509269 Jan 27, 2014
why would anyone willingly want to be a Roman/world dominated "Catholic" when Christ set us free to be His very own catholic/Church???
Michael

Canada

#509270 Jan 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reading my posts. Too bad you have no comprehension and obsessive compulsive disorder. Your continual ranting with nothing but bias shows you don't care about children and you are not worth the time as you are contributor to the problem. People of integrity and are not delusional like you have acknowledged the broader picture. You on the other hand choose to live in darkness fomenting hate toward one Church because you care so much about children everywhere. Get some help Mikey.
Thanks for reading my posts.
If church leaders lived the moral life they preach, there would be no stories for the media to report.
Most of the victims I support are adults who have lived a life of horror. You are just embarrassed at the mess your church leaders have created, and you would rather lash out at others instead of the ones who deliberately deceived you and all the faithful.
How sick is that?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509271 Jan 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary Anthony we have answered every one of your arguments with the Word of God, your just too blind to see it.
Excuse me marge but you couldn't answer your way out of a wet paper bag.

Surrey, Canada

#509272 Jan 27, 2014
Timeline of Religion

The Church of Scientology in France is fined €600,000 and several of its leaders are fined and sentenced to jail for defrauding new recruits out of their savings.[74][75][76] The state fails to disband the church due to legal changes occurring over the same time period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli...

Surrey, Canada

#509273 Jan 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[Seems that you finally have found the answer: Keep your eyes on Jesus!
I suggest that your question ought to be whether a savior actually exists that would even have a desire to keep an EYE on you and your self-indulgent Protestant affliction.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509274 Jan 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
What I see happening is a lashing out in rage as these folks are stumped time after time with no answer to our explanations. They have no answer when it's proven the early Church was Catholic, they have no answer when asked to produce protestant theology before the 16th century. They have no answer to the 40,000+ sects all competing with each other for membership, all claiming to be bible alone yet have contradictory theology.
If I was protestant Christian (which includes Seraphima of course) and was faced with the obvious fracturing of protestantism I'd be scared too. Would I go insane over the abuses by a very small percent of perverts as a last result when all of my arguments fell flat? I would hope not, but that seems to be what's happened here. They know it, we know it, I believe Jesus knows it. When they all abuse us and the Church, the best thing to do is keep your eyes on Jesus.
----------
Seems that you finally have found the answer: Keep your eyes on Jesus!
BTW: You haven't proven that the early church was Catholic..just gave your opinion.
Protestant theology is the theme of the New Testament...preached by the Apostles.
KayMarie
I have given you countless examples of the writings of the early Church showing them to be Catholic. All you have ever done to cite your opinion as to scripture passages that you imagine support your particular protestant tradition. That's what what all the other competing protestant sects do to support their own contradictory traditions as well. Sorry.
Michael

Canada

#509275 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me marge but you couldn't answer your way out of a wet paper bag.
Quit your arguing, "I'm right! ". "No your not, I am"... your both going to heaven according to both of you, the only concern is you will still be arguing once you get there, and I am sitting on the sidelines watching this sideshow.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#509276 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see happening is a lashing out in rage as these folks are stumped time after time with no answer to our explanations. They have no answer when it's proven the early Church was Catholic, they have no answer when asked to produce protestant theology before the 16th century. They have no answer to the 40,000+ sects all competing with each other for membership, all claiming to be bible alone yet have contradictory theology.
If I was protestant Christian (which includes Seraphima of course) and was faced with the obvious fracturing of protestantism I'd be scared too. Would I go insane over the abuses by a very small percent of perverts as a last result when all of my arguments fell flat? I would hope not, but that seems to be what's happened here. They know it, we know it, I believe Jesus knows it. When they all abuse us and the Church, the best thing to do is keep your eyes on Jesus.
Tony

I agree that there are many many catholic priests who have nothing to do with molesting boys and are getting a bad reputation. But what I don't understand is and have even asked my family, how do you continue to support the catholic church financially? You don't think the money that catholics give around the country ever Sunday goes to pay off lawsuits? Really??
Michael

Canada

#509277 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have given you countless examples of the writings of the early Church showing them to be Catholic. All you have ever done to cite your opinion as to scripture passages that you imagine support your particular protestant tradition. That's what what all the other competing protestant sects do to support their own contradictory traditions as well. Sorry.
......... You and the other catholics keep referring to protestants as Bible Only, yet most of Your comments are from the bible. When was the last time you quoted catholic canon laws or papal documents on here? You can ring off the 10 commandments from the bible bing!, bing!, bing!, but you don't know, or can't quote your own church canon laws..........that makes you bible only too.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#509278 Jan 27, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You are defending a possible gross abuser. Yu support his infatuation with sex abuse. Says a lot about you. You have a filthy mouth and mind. Anotheer thing, you attack many Catholics on this forum, you say we water down the meaning of the Eucharist. We believe the Eucharist is Christ, you think otherwise, I am sure you are the idiot here, no one else. Better quit defending mikey, he is infatuated with a filthy topic. I just hope he isn't on a public computer.
YOU mock me and a man that DEFENDS VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE CAUSED IN YOUR CHURCH BY YOUR PRIEST.I agree with Miguel 100%. You accusing Michael of being a sex offender says a lot about YOU and no one else. And your church DOES WATER DOWN the Eucharist by allowing a non priest to give it and you also rarely get the wine. And the filthy mouth and mind is all yours and your spilt personality. I am assuming you have one since you keep referring to me when everyone on this forum can read and see's it for themselves. It is YOU with the foul mouth and the mind in the gutter. You must thinks its ok since you see nothing wrong with your swearing priest. Who is the one calling Michael a sex offender??? It aint me Babe...
Michael

Canada

#509279 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The popes and Martin Luther that preached that the Jews were perceived by Jesus as his enemies lead a revolution against the Jews that set about one of the most horrific USES of religious lies in the history of all religion.
The blood that was shed because of that one word "Jesus" as long as humans exist on planet earth will never be erased from history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.
mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.
mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.
mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.
jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.
1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.
......... The stories of Jesus and Martin Luther are very similar.

Jesus was a devout Jew. Pissed off his own religious leaders quit his faith and started a new belief.

Martin Luther a devout catholic, Pissed off the church leaders quit his faith and started a new belief.

Martin Luther is just the newest link from the original Jesus story. I am sure in the future the chain will continue to grow, someone else will piss off their church leaders again continue on with new beliefs maybe in a different direction. Sounds exciting!!

.......It is the evolution from the very beginning. Pagan gods, to one god Jew, to trinity catholic, to Protestant, to whatever comes next.????

Location hidden

#509280 Jan 27, 2014
You logic goes something like this...Michael persistently calls attention to children being molested therefore he has an overwhelming attraction to and desire to molest children. Applying this same logic to Elie Wiesel whose family was killed by Nazi's in the Holocaust and who spent a life time talking about the horror's of the Holocaust gets off on killing Jews/
Michael

Canada

#509281 Jan 27, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony
I agree that there are many many catholic priests who have nothing to do with molesting boys and are getting a bad reputation. But what I don't understand is and have even asked my family, how do you continue to support the catholic church financially? You don't think the money that catholics give around the country ever Sunday goes to pay off lawsuits? Really??
..... According to the court documents from Chicago, most of the non molesting priests were well aware of the ones who were molesting. Bishop
s informed the non molesting priests to keep an eye on the ,molesting ones over 25 years!. It was stated in the 6000 pages of church secret documents reported in court. Why would a non molesting priest not do the right thing and question his bishop that what they were doing was morally wrong? Why would the knowing non molesting priests want to remain priests, if what they were doing was morally wrong and sinful.
Last week for the first time in 25 years hundreds of victims FINALLY for their justice and the church got another black eye.
HIPOCRICY!
Michael

Canada

#509282 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> YOU mock me and a man that DEFENDS VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE CAUSED IN YOUR CHURCH BY YOUR PRIEST.I agree with Miguel 100%. You accusing Michael of being a sex offender says a lot about YOU and no one else. And your church DOES WATER DOWN the Eucharist by allowing a non priest to give it and you also rarely get the wine. And the filthy mouth and mind is all yours and your spilt personality. I am assuming you have one since you keep referring to me when everyone on this forum can read and see's it for themselves. It is YOU with the foul mouth and the mind in the gutter. You must thinks its ok since you see nothing wrong with your swearing priest. Who is the one calling Michael a sex offender??? It aint me Babe...
Almost all of the victims today getting justice are adults. Nothing to do today with children.

Catholics are partially responsible for all what has happened. They have paid the salaries/benefits for those involved including the coverup bishops, and they continue to pay for them today.

How sick is that?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#509283 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> YOU mock me and a man that DEFENDS VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE CAUSED IN YOUR CHURCH BY YOUR PRIEST.I agree with Miguel 100%. You accusing Michael of being a sex offender says a lot about YOU and no one else. And your church DOES WATER DOWN the Eucharist by allowing a non priest to give it and you also rarely get the wine. And the filthy mouth and mind is all yours and your spilt personality. I am assuming you have one since you keep referring to me when everyone on this forum can read and see's it for themselves. It is YOU with the foul mouth and the mind in the gutter. You must thinks its ok since you see nothing wrong with your swearing priest. Who is the one calling Michael a sex offender??? It aint me Babe...
My priest has never molested anyone, nor do I know of any priest in my lifetime molesting anyone. The Eucharist is Christ, can't water that down one bit. You are childish and have a piggy mouth. Go grow up.. A swearing priest is a lot nicer than you.

Location hidden

#509284 Jan 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not all there is to apostolic succession.
As for vestments and crowns, do you mean like these:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--TN1or6aDzs/UGt9rfs...
http://www.stsabbas.org/images/Archimandrite/...
http://theorthodoxchurch.info/main/wp-content...
(wow, look at all that gold, huh? Bet they could feed thousands if they sold it all!!)
http://friendsofindonesia.org/images/frSeraph...
Come back when you can post a picture of an Orthodox Vatican an Orthodox own bank, invaluable art work, A SEAT AT THE UN, an Orthodox City,.Then we can compare.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509285 Jan 27, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony
Do you support your faith community even though you know every single one of them is a sinner including your pastor? Why?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#509286 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..... According to the court documents from Chicago, most of the non molesting priests were well aware of the ones who were molesting. Bishop
s informed the non molesting priests to keep an eye on the ,molesting ones over 25 years!. It was stated in the 6000 pages of church secret documents reported in court. Why would a non molesting priest not do the right thing and question his bishop that what they were doing was morally wrong? Why would the knowing non molesting priests want to remain priests, if what they were doing was morally wrong and sinful.
Last week for the first time in 25 years hundreds of victims FINALLY for their justice and the church got another black eye.
HIPOCRICY!
What does HIPOCRICY mean?
Michael

Canada

#509287 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
You logic goes something like this...Michael persistently calls attention to children being molested therefore he has an overwhelming attraction to and desire to molest children. Applying this same logic to Elie Wiesel whose family was killed by Nazi's in the Holocaust and who spent a life time talking about the horror's of the Holocaust gets off on killing Jews/
I have nothing to be ashamed of. I have done no wrong. Catholics continually make up excuses and blame others to protect those deserve the blame.
How is this most serious problem worldwide within the church ever going to be solved if catholics keep blaming others for the sins of their own leaders? Why is this problem prevalent in almost all 195 dioceses in america and every country where catholic clergy are located?
Catholics themselves are now showing themselves as being part of the problem. Very troubling!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,216
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min bad bob 2,612
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 4 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 5 hr NewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web