Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#509248 Jan 27, 2014
If the "killing" was done in the name of the "Lord" it always the stamp of "approval" from the preachers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509249 Jan 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, they've lowered themselves to attacking our Eucharist. And they're spreading lies saying there's no wine. Of course there's wine at every Mass! There can be no Mass without it! When it's consecrated it becomes the Precious Blood. I don't know where they're getting all this from, but what they're doing is disgraceful. On the Orthodox sites I visit, they don't have a clue as to what the Church teaches. They say we believe this and that, or our reasons behind certain doctrines are such and such...but they have it all wrong. Are they being fed misinformation on purpose? Is it because of the influence of the protestants as I'd heard? I find it all very distressing. I'm not used to this kind of behavior and I know you're not either. Other than to correct them, I don't know what else to do.
What I see happening is a lashing out in rage as these folks are stumped time after time with no answer to our explanations. They have no answer when it's proven the early Church was Catholic, they have no answer when asked to produce protestant theology before the 16th century. They have no answer to the 40,000+ sects all competing with each other for membership, all claiming to be bible alone yet have contradictory theology.

If I was protestant Christian (which includes Seraphima of course) and was faced with the obvious fracturing of protestantism I'd be scared too. Would I go insane over the abuses by a very small percent of perverts as a last result when all of my arguments fell flat? I would hope not, but that seems to be what's happened here. They know it, we know it, I believe Jesus knows it. When they all abuse us and the Church, the best thing to do is keep your eyes on Jesus.

Surrey, Canada

#509250 Jan 27, 2014
it always "earned" the stamp of approval from the preachers.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#509251 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious there is a perverted subculture within the leadership of religious organizations. Organizations that should be held to a higher standard because they claim to be advocates of morality and justice.
We need to speak out ti religious andsecular. Our future depends on it.
Thanks for reading my posts. Too bad you have no comprehension and obsessive compulsive disorder. Your continual ranting with nothing but bias shows you don't care about children and you are not worth the time as you are contributor to the problem. People of integrity and are not delusional like you have acknowledged the broader picture. You on the other hand choose to live in darkness fomenting hate toward one Church because you care so much about children everywhere. Get some help Mikey.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#509252 Jan 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The REAL PROOF of your words clearly reveal that you are that you (yourself) are a typical 21century bible only "fundie (hack) that "distorts, perverts and twists (TRUE CHURCH HISTORY) and then "throws a bunch of misinterpreted bible verses" out trying to get someone ----ANYONE----to believe the BS that you (yourself) have conjured and made up and "bought into"!........The fact is that I listened to this kind of Protestant Reformation (trash talking --deception) for over 35 years. It is ALL YOURS!! You can have it!!. The TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ---has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded in Jesus HIMSELF--in and through His One True Catholic Church.......You Ox, are the kind of Protestant 'propagandist that (ANY Catholic-Christian) especially a convert like myself, chooses to avoid because the deception, falsehood and deliberate historical and biblical lies (with you) have become (so deeply ingrained) that ANY discussion if a (total waste of time)!. Go argue with yourself OX and your other 42,100 contradicting bible only editorialists. Again---THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCUSS and NOTHING TO DEBATE!---period!!!!!
Proof of my words...you are a liar....a coward...you will not face the truth by avoiding my questions...

A. Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...whom built these churches??????!!!!

B. In Rev Christ refers to seven churches.....none as the one and only true Catholic Church...Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...why did he not do so???

Surrey, Canada

#509253 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you say about god if he doesn't answer any of your prayers?
Does god change the weather forecast for someone who wants a sunny day for their wedding? Does he move a hurricane away from certain disaster? NO!!!
Its all bunk.
They comprehend that if a deity does exist, it's one mean S.O.B. to overlook suffering on such a gigantic scale, and that is why they beg for mercy and to be allowed into heaven.

Such a fickle, mean god would be subject to changing his mind if the mood hit him. That's why those such as the vicious brute John Calvin ordered god to preordain John's salvation.

He knew darned well that a man as vicious as his self would have to claim his own salvation, because no decent god would do it for him.

Location hidden

#509254 Jan 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Protestant "Propaganda"---not worth responding to!!!
The truth cannot be refuted.....thanks for confirming my words...

Location hidden

#509255 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....... All these negative statements made to Oxbow, does that mean God loves you more than him? After all you trashed everything he stands for. Would God have in his mind the same negative quotes you posted to OXBOW?
You are one hateful little man, and I would believe God would not share your views that you make about someone who worships the same God that you do.
You are digging your own grave to hell.
Amen!!!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#509256 Jan 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What if some ordained priests,don't want it so stay orthodox or undignified Catholics ...they can still give communion I think ..correct???
It all sounds very political And that succession thing ...see my comment to Hermi ...
Basically if there is,a succession it's history in the past ..You cannot change or break it...
Protestant denominations,were started by Catholic,clergy in the mid ages,..
IMO we are ALL grafted to the tree with its,roots,in Abraham.....And Jesus,CHRIST is,OUR ONLY HIGH PRIEST ...that's,all the succession that matters,
And my opinion...some of PETERS so called successors,..SHOUKD never even tie his,shoes,let alone sit in a Chair named after him ...thus they were NOT really spiritual successors ..again my opinion...our FAITH is,of the Spirit .....not in vestments,and thrones,.
That is,not to say the worship of CHRIST in the RCC is,empty ...when two or more gather in my name I am Present....
That's not all there is to apostolic succession.

As for vestments and crowns, do you mean like these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--TN1or6aDzs/UGt9rfs...

http://www.stsabbas.org/images/Archimandrite/...

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/main/wp-content...
(wow, look at all that gold, huh? Bet they could feed thousands if they sold it all!!)

http://friendsofindonesia.org/images/frSeraph...

Surrey, Canada

#509257 Jan 27, 2014
The popes and Martin Luther that preached that the Jews were perceived by Jesus as his enemies lead a revolution against the Jews that set about one of the most horrific USES of religious lies in the history of all religion.

The blood that was shed because of that one word "Jesus" as long as humans exist on planet earth will never be erased from history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

Location hidden

#509258 Jan 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your sources, thief.
Go hiss under your favorite rock....snake..

Surrey, Canada

#509259 Jan 27, 2014
Jew ... "I must stay faithful to my God Elohim, or he will not receive me as his faithful servant in the hereafter.

Catholic church father ... "You will become a Catholic, or you will die!"

Jew ... "Please have mercy on me and my family. We must stay faithful to Judaism and our father Elohim."

Catholic church father ... "You must die, as it is God's will!"

Jew ... "But Elohim IS the only God."

Catholic church father ... "Hence-forth OUR God is the only God."
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509260 Jan 27, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Anthony you are given credit to the wrong persons.
The credit belongs to God, we can thank God for these people being faithful to Him.
how many people have received the power of faith , the power of love, hope from these anonymous pastors, of whom we know nothing. There are so many!".
You don't think Pope Francis thinks God gets the credit for give us good men and women?

You need help.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#509261 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Where is the beautiful picture of your bird?
no pic huh?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#509262 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see happening is a lashing out in rage as these folks are stumped time after time with no answer to our explanations. They have no answer when it's proven the early Church was Catholic, they have no answer when asked to produce protestant theology before the 16th century. They have no answer to the 40,000+ sects all competing with each other for membership, all claiming to be bible alone yet have contradictory theology.
If I was protestant Christian (which includes Seraphima of course) and was faced with the obvious fracturing of protestantism I'd be scared too. Would I go insane over the abuses by a very small percent of perverts as a last result when all of my arguments fell flat? I would hope not, but that seems to be what's happened here. They know it, we know it, I believe Jesus knows it. When they all abuse us and the Church, the best thing to do is keep your eyes on Jesus.
On the contrary Anthony we have answered every one of your arguments with the Word of God, your just too blind to see it.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#509263 Jan 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this. You're right, of course, and I do try to keep my eyes on Him, but too often fail in the face of the outrageousness of it all. It's not just her, it's him too. But then he did post that there was a protestant background involved there as well, so it seems the person I heard it from was right after all. Sorry...just thinking out loud here. I can't pretend I didn't realize it a long time ago. It all fell into place very quickly, but I guess I just tried to forestall it. Now it's been confirmed, so maybe it's just better to let it continue to rear its ugly head and, as you said, keep our eyes where they belong.

My thanks again, Anthony. God bless you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#509264 Jan 27, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they were but they were re-written.
There were 42,. Good ole' Moses condensed them down to 8 and added in the first 2. And did an excellent job of it I might add.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#509265 Jan 27, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>

----------
Seems that you finally have found the answer: Keep your eyes on Jesus!

BTW: You haven't proven that the early church was Catholic..just gave your opinion.
Protestant theology is the theme of the New Testament...preached by the Apostles.

KayMarie

Surrey, Canada

#509266 Jan 27, 2014
The trial and execution of Socrates took place in 399 BC. Socrates was tried on two charges: corrupting the youth and impiety (in Greek, asebeia). More specifically, Socrates' accusers cited two "impious" acts: "failing to acknowledge the gods that the city acknowledges" and "introducing new deities".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Socrate...

Surrey, Canada

#509267 Jan 27, 2014
Timeline of Religion

150 BCEThe oldest surviving Hebrew Bible manuscripts date to about the 2nd century BCE (fragmentary).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 41 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 44 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
More from around the web