Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654154 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#509200 Jan 27, 2014
Wacky theology

Jesus ... "Why 'on earth' would anyone believe that I would leave my position as a Jewish Rabbi to be baptized into a foreign religion that is totally at odds with Judaism?

Why would anyone believe that I would perceive the Jews that were faithful to Judaism as my enemies and want them to be slayed?

Only willing fools would believe such utter nonsense?"

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#509201 Jan 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does LTM do when she comes across a stone that entombed the Apostle Paul? Kick it aside or stop and say a prayer? your a paranoid conspiracy Christian.
You wanna talk about idol worship? Try not idolizing the KJV for once.
It bugs you that the Catholic Church is literally built on the actual bones of the Apostles, and your a whatever 20th century sect was started by Bob Anderson...
Your church is built on lies and coruption

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#509202 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were an Atheist you had an alterative belief, so don't pretend that belief is not your choice ... because belief IS a choice. And you now choose to claim you are Catholic, when you are totally at odds with the beliefs of the church fathers.
You are very much a fraud by all accounts.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your church fathers Jesus perceived the Jews as enemies and wanted the Jews slayed.
Do you agree with your church fathers that Jesus was PERFECT???
June

There is a difference between having faith, and not having faith. And a difference exists between faith and belief. And between belief and non-belief....

Lots to cover in those short statements. It is to broad a subject to deal with quickly or easily on a post....

Surrey, Canada

#509203 Jan 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Now you've got it...
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
It's a new day Robert.

Are you going to apply for the position of pope so that you lead the wayward Catholic sinners on the righteous path to heaven?

You best prepare them to be as saintly as you, or they will end up in hell and it will be all your fault.

:)
Michael

Canada

#509204 Jan 27, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> That poster is infatuated with molesting..Maybe he has a guilty conscience? I think so.
Why would you criticize someone reporting criminals, instead of you criticizing the criminals? You need help dude.

You want something to change? You talk about it. You want things to stay the same, you cover it up.

Start standing up against the ones responsible for this criminal behaviour., and for once show some compassion for those that were hurt,

I am not going away.

Surrey, Canada

#509205 Jan 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Not at all. I just come to the table with my own ways.
UH HUH! Always believing that Jesus is perfect, and that you reside in his spiritual Catholicized-shadow as his image of perfection that has been freed from what John Chrysostom referred to as "Judaizing disease."

Surrey, Canada

#509206 Jan 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
There is a difference between having faith, and not having faith...
I suggest that you go to Iran and preach that to a devout Muslim.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#509207 Jan 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of my words...you are a liar....a coward...you will not face the truth by avoiding my questions...
A. Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...whom built these churches??????!!!!
B. In Rev Christ refers to seven churches.....none as the one and only true Catholic Church...Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...why did he not do so???
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...whom built these churches??????!!!!
In Rev Christ refers to seven churches.....none as the one and only true Catholic Church...Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...why did he not do so??? Reason is very simple...they were not Catholic....
The REAL PROOF of your words clearly reveal that you are that you (yourself) are a typical 21century bible only "fundie (hack) that "distorts, perverts and twists (TRUE CHURCH HISTORY) and then "throws a bunch of misinterpreted bible verses" out trying to get someone ----ANYONE----to believe the BS that you (yourself) have conjured and made up and "bought into"!........The fact is that I listened to this kind of Protestant Reformation (trash talking --deception) for over 35 years. It is ALL YOURS!! You can have it!!. The TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ---has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded in Jesus HIMSELF--in and through His One True Catholic Church.......You Ox, are the kind of Protestant 'propagandist that (ANY Catholic-Christian) especially a convert like myself, chooses to avoid because the deception, falsehood and deliberate historical and biblical lies (with you) have become (so deeply ingrained) that ANY discussion if a (total waste of time)!. Go argue with yourself OX and your other 42,100 contradicting bible only editorialists. Again---THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCUSS and NOTHING TO DEBATE!---period!!!!!

LTM

Longlac, Canada

#509208 Jan 27, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope some of 'em broke.
Yeah they were but they were re-written.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#509209 Jan 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The favorite song of catlics is "Peter the First Pope"...
The RCC was founded some 300 years after Christ talked with Peter....which is when the title "Pope" first "made the scene". Even if Peter had been around when the RCC was founded...he would not have been eligible to be a Pope...he was married...and we all know Popes cannot be married..
Since the formation of the Roman Empire, the Roman emperors (including Constantine) held the office of Pontifex Maximus (Supreme Priest) and were worshipped by the pagans as gods.
Emperor Gratian in 376 A.D. refused the title of Pontifex Maximus, and from then on it was bestowed upon the bishop of Rome. From hereon, the bishop of Rome was to be the Supreme Priest to the pagans and the head of the Christian church; the streams of paganism and Christianity flowed together under the leadership of Pontifex Maximus, ultimately to be called the Pope.
The question remains, how can a man at the same time be the Pontifex Maximus which was the head of the pagan mysteries and the head of the church?
Although the Roman Catholic church claims that Peter was the first Pope, it is strange that we never read any such claim by Peter. The fact that Jesus never instituted the office of Pope in his church during his earthly ministry plainly shows that the Pope is neither Bishop of bishops nor the successor of the apostle Peter.
Typical Protestant "Propaganda"---not worth responding to!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#509210 Jan 27, 2014
Well folks got to run. Busy day today. Gotta change the oil to the Pope mobile Nicks taking it out for a spin. Have a Good day...

Surrey, Canada

#509212 Jan 27, 2014
Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism were slandered by the Catholic church-fathers as SUFFERING from "Judaizing Disease."

I don't have to guess how the popes would have reacted if the Protestants had stated that those that stayed faithful to Catholicism were SUFFERING from "Catholicizing Disease."

Location hidden

#509213 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a new day Robert.
Are you going to apply for the position of pope so that you lead the wayward Catholic sinners on the righteous path to heaven?
You best prepare them to be as saintly as you, or they will end up in hell and it will be all your fault.
June

I think this Pope will be around for awhile, so I don't need to put in my resume yet.

Besides there are many pontificating Protestants in line ahead of me, that want the job, and will get those Catholic sinners back on the right track....

(religious satire)
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#509214 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have a choice???
Perhaps you ARE the light?

Perhaps? They do flock to you like seagulls to bread.

The bread and the light. Every sees it but you.

Ramen

Surrey, Canada

#509216 Jan 27, 2014
Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism believed that they were Elohim's chosen few.

Of course they wouldn't have wanted to become Catholic.

That is common sense.

They would have been terrified of being punished by Elohim for betraying him.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#509217 Jan 27, 2014
"On the contrary, the Church cannot be understood or explained, it cannot survive by human strength alone. This diocese survives because it has a holy people, so many things, and also an anointed one who leads it and helps it to grow. This parish survives because it has many organizations, so many things, but also a priest, an anointed one who leads it. And down through history we only know a minimal part, how many holy bishops, how many priests, how many holy priests who have spent their lives at the service of the diocese, the parish , how many people have received the power of faith , the power of love, hope from these anonymous pastors, of whom we know nothing. There are so many!".

There are many "country priests and city priests, who with their anointing, have given strength to the people, have transmitted the doctrine, bestowed the sacraments, which is holiness". "'But, Father, I read in a newspaper that a bishop did this thing, or a priest did that thing'.'Oh yes, I read it too, but answer me this, do the newspapers also speak of the many priests, so many priests in many parishes of the city and the countryside, who do so much charity, who work so hard to lead their people forward?'. Oh no this is not news. No, its always the same: a falling tree makes more noise than a growing forest. Today, as we think about this anointing of David, it would do us good to think of our brave, holy, good, faithful bishops and priests, and pray for them. Thanks to them we are here today".

Pope Francis

Surrey, Canada

#509218 Jan 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Protestant "Propaganda"---not worth responding to!!!
I suggest that you do a study on Catholic Propaganda.

Location hidden

#509219 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH! Always believing that Jesus is perfect, and that you reside in his spiritual Catholicized-shadow as his image of perfection that has been freed from what John Chrysostom referred to as "Judaizing disease."
June

Sometimes things just don't go the way one wishes they would.

Realizing one's beliefs change is a tough one for other people and oneself sometimes.

There's always temptations in the flesh.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#509220 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Worshippers of today often fail to realize that the ancient peoples were as hopeful of being loved and having eternal kindness bestowed on them in the supposed hereafter as are the worshippers of today.
Humans have been begging for mercy to deities since religion existed, and I suggest each new generation will be begging for mercy to deities as long as religion controls the mentalities of the humans.
Yes, the light. No true deity needs worship.

Really! Would you want to be worshipped by amoeba? Like who cares, right? Same with my one true God.

Now if they will open their eyes and their hearts and stop with the angry, immoral gods.(sigh)

Location hidden

#509221 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you go to Iran and preach that to a devout Muslim.
June

I am not running across the freeway in the middle of rush hour....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 64,136
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min HipGnosis 183,184
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 11 min gundee123 828
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Jake999 281,892
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 973,849
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 18 hr andy 43
More from around the web