Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670626 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#509144 Jan 27, 2014
1260 years some story from evil people
byyy
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#509145 Jan 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Are you seriously trying to insult me? I did not say that I have never received Communion. I do My opinion on your churches practices is that of a lot of other orthodox's. If your churches have a large congregation than GET MORE PRIEST...your church water down meaning of Holy communion is a disgrace.
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>When we receive the Eucharist , we receive Christ, Body.BloodSoulandDivinity, now that is not watered down, that's the REAL DEAL. And you say receiving Christ in the Eucharist is a disgrace? You are off your rocker. Another thing, you are extremely offensive and disrespectful . You are childish and very ignorant .
You believing a priest turns a cracker into Jesus is more childish and ignorant than you can possibly imagine. When presented with the truth you choose to live a lie. Sad.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#509147 Jan 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your paranoid approach to Christianity, I would disagree that you pray before God. I bet there's a photo of your family on the night stand. Or how about the night stand itself, you must be worshiping it!!
I knelt before a stone that laid next to the Apostle Paul for 2,000 yrs. I reflected on the Saints zeal and sacrifice he made bringing the Gospel to us. Only a fanatic would try and dissect this into something bad. I believe all you're doing is stealing Paul's letters and using them against the Church he helped establish. I don't think there is anything in your interpretations of his letters that match up with what he actually taught. You'll never bother with the truth LTM. The truth destroys your theology and you know it. Its best to make-believe you never heard it.
You knelt before a stone, that laid next to Paul for 2000 years. Paul died for his love for Christ and the Gospel that Christ preached. The works of the Holy Spirit operated mightly in Paul but make no mistake it was a Mighty God that was working through Paul.
That stone has no power or significance its just a stone.
Paul was beheaded in Rome, by your early church fathers, for preaching the True Gospel of Christ , which he was warned not to do many times, just like Peter and the other disciples who were, hung on the cross. To shut them up from preaching what Jesus taught them.
Those who followed them were slaughtered in the Roman arena's.
The early church "the people" were infected by a different Gospel then what Paul preached,
it was infected by the early catholic church doctrine and made up traditions, anyone who opposed them were killed.
Besides its not Paul who you should be glorifing it is Jesus, its not the cross were Jesus die that you should be bowing to it's Jesus..
It's all about Jesus,'ALL HONOR GLORY AND POWER BELONGS TO JESUS, THE ONLY SON OF THE TRUE LIVING GOD."
According to the psalmist and the prophet Isaiah, those who worship inanimate idols will be like them, that is, unseeing, unfeeling, unable to hear the truth that God would communicate to them.[8] Paul the Apostle identifies the worship of created things (rather than the Creator) as the cause of the disintegration of sexual and social morality in his letter to the Romans.[9] Though the commandment implies that the worship of God is not compatible with the worship of idols, the status of an individual as an idol worshiper or a God worshiper is not portrayed as predetermined and unchangeable in the Bible. When the covenant is renewed under Joshua, the Israelites are encouraged to throw away their foreign gods and “choose this day whom you will serve.”[10] King Josiah, when he becomes aware of the terms of God's covenant, zealously works to rid his kingdom of idols.[11] According to the book of Acts, Paul tells the Athenians that though their city is full of idols, the true God is represented by none of them and requires them to turn away from idols.[12] A psalm attributed to David describes the help someone may expect from pure devotion to God:
truth

Perth, Australia

#509148 Jan 27, 2014
INRI
tu sam stala
da bi zivot vama dala

pocrkat ce prokletnici
i krivokletnici
truth

Perth, Australia

#509149 Jan 27, 2014
INRI
did that paul saul died on cross for you
very sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddd
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#509150 Jan 27, 2014
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

— Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

You shall not make for yourself an idol” is an abbreviated form of one of the Ten Commandments which, according to the book of Deuteronomy, were spoken by God to Israel and then written on stone tablets by God himself.[1]
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#509151 Jan 27, 2014
Abuse in the Chicago diocese.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/22/us/chicago-...

Pope Benedict, is actually Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger. Apparently the Roman Catholic popes change their names to escape their past. Ratzinger covered up sexual abuse and for his part in the cover the Roman Catholic church made him a pope.

http://popebenedictandclergyabuse.blogspot.co...
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#509152 Jan 27, 2014
Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior.

— Psalm 24:3-5
Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E&#7717;ad "Hear, O Israel: the Lord is our God, the Lord is One"

— The Shema[75]

Together with “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,” it is found in printed form in the Mezuzah, the small, tubed case on the doorposts of homes of observant Jews.[76] This form was chosen to fulfill the mitzvah (Biblical commandment) to inscribe the words of the Shema "on the doorposts of your house.”[77] Maimonedes warned that special objects (such as the mezuzah) and special prayers (such as the Shema) used to fulfill this commandment are intended to remind people of love for God and his precepts and do not in themselves guarantee good fortune (they are not to become idols).[78]
represented by any idol. He taught:

Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill. In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him [Jesus] from the dead.

— Acts 17:29-3 (NIV)

According to Ephesians, Paul incurred the wrath of silversmiths (who were worried about losing income from decreased sales of idols) when people responded to his preaching and turned away from idol worship.[86] Paul taught that Christians should actively avoid participating in the worship of anything other than God. He considered it common sense that the worship of God and the worship of any other spiritual being are incompatible:
truth

Perth, Australia

#509153 Jan 27, 2014
others genocidical holy people is not wrong
since abel and cain

by your holistic herbs will help you

very sad

INRI

where life exist

you give that according Abraham law=law of curse

Why they need blessing?

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#509154 Jan 27, 2014
Timeline of Religion

25,000–21,000 BCEClear examples of burials are present in Iberia, Wales, and Eastern Europe. All of these, also, incorporate the heavy use of red ochre. Additionally, various objects are being included in the graves (i.e. periwinkle shells, weighted clothing, dolls, possible drumsticks, mammoth ivory beads, fox teeth pendants, panoply of ivory artifacts, "baton" antlers, flint blades, etc.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli...

Surrey, Canada

#509155 Jan 27, 2014
Religious "prestige." What a "fitting" term.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Timeline of Religion

100th to 34th century BCE[edit]

9831The Neolithic Revolution begins and results in a worldwide population explosion. The first cities, states, kingdoms, and organized religions begin to emerge. The early states were usually theocracies, in which the political power is justified by religious prestige.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli ...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#509156 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Timeline of Religion
25,000–21,000 BCEClear examples of burials are present in Iberia, Wales, and Eastern Europe. All of these, also, incorporate the heavy use of red ochre. Additionally, various objects are being included in the graves (i.e. periwinkle shells, weighted clothing, dolls, possible drumsticks, mammoth ivory beads, fox teeth pendants, panoply of ivory artifacts, "baton" antlers, flint blades, etc.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_reli...
Thanks for link - interesting stuff.

My God is amazing.

"The earliest evidence of Hominids, such as Neanderthals[2][3] and even Homo heidelbergensis,[3][4] deliberately disposing of deceased individuals usually in funerary caches. The graves, located throughout Eurasia (e.g. the Pontnewydd Cave (Wales), Atapuerca Mountains (Spain), Qafzeh (Israel), Es Skhul (Israel), Krapina (Croatia),[3] are believed to represent the beginnings of ceremonial rites, although there is some debate about this.[5] Neanderthals placed their deceased in simple graves with little or no concern for grave goods or markers; however, their graves occasionally appeared with limestone blocks in or on them, possibly an archaic form of grave marking.[3] These practices were possibly the result of empathetic feelings towards fellow tribespeople, for example: an infant buried in the Dederiyeh Cave after its joints had disarticulated was placed with concern for the correct anatomical arrangement of its body parts.[3]"
Liam

Garden City, MI

#509157 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
ReginaM. There is a book called Purple Reign. Its all about sexual abuse by catholic clergy and abuse of power by the bishops in the Diocese of Trenton New Jersey
Written by Bruce Novovinsky.
Man mike, you need to get some serious help. What is wrong with you?

Surrey, Canada

#509158 Jan 27, 2014
No doubt that humans in religions always hoped the gods would love them in a hereafter ... because they were fully aware from their suffering that no love or mercy was forthcoming to them and their families when they resided on earth.

Disease, starvation, crop failures, wars with other humans over territory et cetera, was every day life, and nothing has changed.

Orlando, FL

#509159 Jan 27, 2014
Unlike the false gods of murderers and thieves (prisons, about 80% Christians), my God have never once ordered anyone to be harmed.

How novel. A true God with the same morals as what he preaches,

Come to the light June.

Ramen

Orlando, FL

#509160 Jan 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
ReginaM. There is a book called Purple Reign. Its all about sexual abuse by catholic clergy and abuse of power by the bishops in the Diocese of Trenton New Jersey
Written by Bruce Novovinsky.
A new Super Hero fights evil...

https://www.facebook.com/PurpleReignSuperhero

No wonder Pope Benedict slinked away in disgrace.

Purple Reign

Orlando, FL

#509161 Jan 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
No doubt that humans in religions always hoped the gods would love them in a hereafter ... because they were fully aware from their suffering that no love or mercy was forthcoming to them and their families when they resided on earth.
Disease, starvation, crop failures, wars with other humans over territory et cetera, was every day life, and nothing has changed.
Come to the light June.

Surrey, Canada

#509162 Jan 27, 2014
Imagine the idiocy of believing "If we go to war with others the gods will support us ... but if others choose to come to war with us, the gods WON'T support them."

That mindset is comparable to believing that "evil" is over in the neighbor's yard where the devil resides, and holiness is here in our group of believers ... or the mindset ... "Jesus supports what I believe and the devil supports what you believe."

Mental food for dummies.

Surrey, Canada

#509163 Jan 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Unlike the false gods of murderers and thieves (prisons, about 80% Christians), my God have never once ordered anyone to be harmed.
How novel. A true God with the same morals as what he preaches,
Come to the light June.
Ramen
Do I have a choice???

:)
Liam

Garden City, MI

#509164 Jan 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the laity do the "hocus pocus" routine or is that reserved for the priests with the white collars, long robes and sexual perversions? When the laity does the "hocus pocus" do they also become sexual predators who prey on little boys? Just askin'
Pathetic attempt to further mock the Eucharist.

From the time Jesus said "this is my Body" to Paul saying "whoever eats the bread in an unworthy manner, is guilty of profaning the Body of the Lord" to Ignatius, Disciples of John, saying "whoever does not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of the Lord are perishing in their disputes" onto Justin Martyr and every Catholic, Coptic, eastern Orthodox in every decade since Jesus Christ walked the earth, this dogma was universally understood to be what it is.
That is until arrogant men, filled with pride and itching ears read the Bible for the first time. knowing they couldn't perform this concencration without a valid Priesthood, they dismissed it altogether as "Roman Catholic rubbish". More arrogant men like you, grow more and more bitter as you realize you reversed what Jesus Christ Himself installed. Rather than confess, you'll simply plug your ears. After all, its your interpretations of our scriptures that matter. Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Joe Fortuna 101,415
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 980,344
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,336
Poll The Arguement and Fight Thread (Apr '08) 3 hr positronium 15,624
News Protests in UK at Israeli action (Jul '06) 3 hr Lorraine Belloni 58
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Peter Ross 445,679
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr David C Pumpkins 286,266
More from around the web