Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508841 Jan 26, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Born by chance a Muslim, born by chance an orthodox born by chance a Jew, each taught by their parents their way is right.
Who am I too judge? Love thy neighbor as thy self.
I treat everyone with respect, don't care what religious belief they belong to or the color of their skin.
To many people their religion is the most important issue in their lives, and to state that their god is an illusion shows terrible disrespect to them.

I admit that I am disrespectful when I am on the forum. There's no question about that issue.

But they are also here to belittle my Atheism ... so on a forum disrespect works both ways.

I am not in their churches bugging them, so if they choose to come on a forum, I suggest that they should expect disrespect.

I expect to be disrespected and look forward to being disrespected, as that is part and parcel of debate.

Prince George, Canada

#508842 Jan 26, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened!
......I always take the right fork in the road, always follow right from wrong, you should try it. It will remove your bitterness and it will make you feel younger than your 78 years.
I am 74 ... not 78.
Michael

Canada

#508843 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know quite a bit, but not all of it. Why shouldn't we try to learn all the teachings if there available?
True, many Catholics don't have a clue on the how's and why's of the faith. If they understood, they wouldn't leave. Once you learn it, its difficult if not impossible, to justify being a Christian and NOT being in the Catholic Church. And its laughable to try and debunk Catholicism using their very own sacred scriptures. Yet, that's what you and the others attempt. Like little pesky demons. So scram "Tommy". The Tomalingo. The Thomasmeister, "doubting Thomas". "Tomamania,'disgruntled that people are still Catholic.... doesn't like the ruuules, had to leeeeave" lol.
eh, I'll say a sincere prayer for you Mike when I go to Mass today.
The cannon law promulgated January 25 1983, what was it about?

What does cannon law 1111pertain to? What about cannon 2222? How about cannon 1331?

If you don't, even know the laws that govern your church, how can you claim to say you know Jesus? What is the point of thousands of policies and rules and regulations if you, and your own church leaders can't rhyme them off, and only learn about them for the first time ONLY when you look the, up...(lol)

If catholics are really sincere about their faith they would take the time to learn the rules that govern their lives. But they won't, because they don't really care.

BUSTED again!

You should be glad I am here!

Prince George, Canada

#508844 Jan 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....and I am here keep the churches feet to the fire.
I am becoming more and more convinced that you are very young and a lot of what you post is hyperbole.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508845 Jan 26, 2014
It is written!
All angels and demons will fall!
Please where is there protection!
If Jesus is less then angels!

Prince George, Canada

#508846 Jan 26, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[Try reading the original:
The KJV bibles are not original in any sense of any words.

Far from it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508847 Jan 26, 2014
Big try are some as not try as lazy and crazy when everything fall.
What a great winner?

Please tell me which one is better.
Michael

Canada

#508848 Jan 26, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> The differenceis, if one believes in the Eucharist being Christ and in a way cannot receive Him because of being persacuted no priest around one does in his or her spiritually. But one has to believe in the Eucharist being Christ and not a simbal of Christ. and you have forgotten what the nuns taught you .
If you took a consecrated host to a laboratory and had it analyzed would the results be ordinary unleaven bread, or flesh and blood?

Prince George, Canada

#508849 Jan 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Even a skeptical theologian such as yourself "probably agrees that one cannot enter a flowing river twice in the water at the same place.
Why do you insist I went back?
The original church-fathers wrote the new testament.

They stated that the Jews were the enemies of Jesus, and on that note they slaughtered the Jews century after century.

If you don't believe as they believed ... then stop stating that you are a Catholic ... because you are NOT an original died in the wool Catholic.

You have made Catholicism over in your own image and are now willing to pretend that the original Catholics were lovable teddy bears as you perceive is YOUR supposed lovable nature.

I suggest you stop being ridiculous.
Michael

Canada

#508850 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 74 ... not 78.
Just hope you make it to 78. I am a young 64.

Prince George, Canada

#508851 Jan 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pondering on it(heaven or hell), generally makes one go after beliefs, and substitute reality for what we imagine don't you think?
So you maintain that you are Catholic, but don't ponder on the idea that you will go to heaven???

You are not at all credible in what you post.

Prince George, Canada

#508852 Jan 26, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"LET'S CALL IT THE RELIGION OF JUNE."
To please your neediness I'll follow the Muslims, as they claim they are the only ones that will be rewarded with bliss in the afterlife, and who am I to doubt that they are telling the truth???

Will you now give my religion your divine stamp of approval???

tongue in cheek
Michael

Canada

#508853 Jan 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But Anthony they have cake! Pop, Candy and Ice cream were in the Garden of Eden. The bible told LTM so. lol While people in the Early church did meet in homes in secret beca. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. Paul clearly tells Timothy not to od they could all individually decipher the true meaning on their own and there really isnt any need for any preacher at all. There are no false teachers its whatever Jesus tells them individually. Some have ,made Jn 3:16 all that is necessary. Each person incorporates their own values into that which they choose to believe. It is not unlike the Atheist who becomes a moralist in an immoral world. Al Capone or other Mob bosses would argue that they provide a good and a service and it is perfectly justifiable to murder someone if they cheat those who are cheating everyone else. Collateral damage is par for the course.
The bible doesn;t say alot of things. There were always judges and a source of authority. Whenever 2 or more are gathered is an old Jewish saying or iditom and inferred 2 or more people with reconginzed authority who call upon the Lord for a decision. As an example you could use the casting of lots to determine who to chose to replace Judas. It wasnt just 2 neophytes or false teachers with no basis authority other than a self proclamation. I have used Charles Manson and Jim Jones lets throw in Peter Popov another Charlaton. Ok here are 3 people for real that proclaim they are ministers. Which of these is the real deal? Again the book of Hebrews does not say obey what you are inclined to believe the book says. There was always an authority. Judas gives us the first example of betrayal and and first hand account that there will be more. The Old Testament is rife with rebellion and hypocrisy. Those in charge will not always practice what they preach. The church and leaders sometimes need rebuke, but the answer is not to just run down the street and start your own, because there will always be rebellion, wrong acts committed and betrayal. Correction is what is needed. The Church is not divided along ethnic lines. The council at Jersusalem nor those that followed did not ask for the approval of the lay community. The Apostles AND Priests met and conversed and made a decision. It is not the place for each individual to become an authority. There is no possible way to ever have unity with that model. How long do you think a business would function if everyone was the ceo with equal authority? Its insanity!
The Church is the ground and Pillar of the truth. He who hears you hears me. He who does not hear you does not hear me. If you cannot come to peace with someone who has committed a wrong then you go to the church and it will decide. Will there be those like King David who abused his authority? WIll be there be those who need rebuke as Peter himself did and Popes have been by Saints? Yes Did Moses get rebuked? Yes Did that mean they no longer had any authority? Peter calls himself a fellow presybyter or priest. So from that we are to infer an Apostle had no more weight than some layman? Really? Bishops are Piests,
I remember when I went to catholic church when MOST catholics use to go to mass. When we went up for communion we kneeled in front of the altar showing respect. Today no one kneels down, everyone just shuffles along in a line standing and slouching with your hand out. No respect.
Today less than 1 in 4 catholics in america goes to sunday mass as required. Less than 2%, that is right! 2% of catholics attend daily mass that is offered at many Catholic churches in most towns and cities in america.
If catholics claim their church is the most important thing in their lives, yet 98% of catholics won't even make the sacrifice or find the time to attend daily mass.
What a bunch of hipicrites!
No respect anymore!

Prince George, Canada

#508854 Jan 26, 2014
Please get somewhere fast! You need the fellowship, and the church needs YOU. Don't look for a perfect church...they are made up of people...we are people, and none of us is perfect. We are to learn together.
KayMarie
If you haven't been perfected by your obsession with Jesus ... then rest assured that your case is hopeless.

Otherwise you would now be sin-free and off in heaven with all the others that have been freed from sin and eternal suffering.

Religion is BUNK, and that includes your Protestant mental JUNK!
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#508855 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't love Catholics or Protestants more than the souls in hell. So no, He doesn't love me more than Protestants.
The point of posting to them is not to get God to love them, silly.
So the fact that you supposedly eat Jesus' actual flesh and blood means nothing to Jesus?

What's the point of being in a "one true church" if membership does not imply you are more favored, or loved, or whatever you what to call it?

Prince George, Canada

#508856 Jan 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
That's a GOOD sign.

To know you are confused is the start of cracking apart the illusion that you will be saved and others will spend eternity in hell.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#508857 Jan 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.Thats what you said?? Your kidding right?
You really believe that Christ is protecting your Church " from error when teaching FAITH AND MORALS". I DONT THINK SOOOOOO.....will you please rephrase that..lol
He misses Pope Benedict, when morals were morals.

Prince George, Canada

#508858 Jan 26, 2014
[AMEN, and thank you for "boldly approaching the throne of Grace". He will honor this.
KayMarie
You have SOME nerve, preaching what a supposed god will HONOR.

YUCK

Prince George, Canada

#508859 Jan 26, 2014
[Jesus said that the GREATEST one among you is the SERVANT of all... Let us be great...in HIS sight.
KM
By stating that homosexuals are perverts???

You might believe you are on a path of holiness ... but I disagree.

Prince George, Canada

#508860 Jan 26, 2014
There are a lot of proud donkeys in this world...
KayMarie
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 37 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web