Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#508822 Jan 26, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya sure...
And 30,000 (or however many) were saved at Jesus preaching in one day in the hills. No cathaholic ritual required.
So much for your cathaholic rituals being a requirement for that.
It's no wonder ya don't want other folks actually reading the bible. It reveals your lies.
There's no "secret" meaning in those words that need cathaholic interpretation. It is what it is.
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
You really shouldn't try to "butcher" your savior's words.
Liam use to be a protestant, then he did what Jesus did, started protesting and complaining, becoming a rebel, the catholic church saw him sitting in the gutter and they offered him eternal salvation. Liam said yes! YES! Because no one else wants me.
Michael

Canada

#508823 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to memorize the catechism and Bible to be Catholic. Jesus didn't make it that complicated. You can see the visible pillar and foundation of truth and you go to Confession and receive the Eucharist. voila.
Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.
Original Protestants agreed that the Catholic Church was the one started by the Lord, but it fell wayward. Modern Protestant/fundamental born againers disregard any notion that the CC could have been right at anytime in human history. Therefore, their whole theology is set against the teachings of the Catholic Church. Period!
Original Protestants lacked faith. Modern Protestants lack faith and brains. They force themselves to become incredibly ignorant.
Answer this: Do you believe god loves you more than he loves protestants? If you say no what is your point in posting the same lies and hateful comments over and over to the protestant?
Michael

Canada

#508824 Jan 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you missed the point, but that is usual for you because you never have a coherent argument nor are you capable of addressing the points made. Here is a Baptist for you, but then again Protestants are all over the place with the real deal.
"Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law: And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it" (Deut. 31:12-13).
BECAUSE GOD COMMANDS IT
Hebrews 10:25 declares: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Faithful, consistent church attendance is required of God's people because God has commanded it. None of God's commands are to be taken lightly or to be considered as optional. God is our Master, our Owner, our Ruler, and as such we ought to respectfully obey His commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13 declares: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." I fear that many professing Christians obey and respect men more than they do the commands of God. How long would you last on your job if you came to work only when it was convenient or when you felt like it? You go to work faithfully because it is your responsibility to do so, not because you feel like going. In like manner you should go to church not because you feel like it, but because God has commanded it and you are responsible to obey Him!
http://libcfl.com/articles/why.htm
You told us you have had problems in your life. I have never had any problems. You Carry a lot of baggage, I have none.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#508825 Jan 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney!
...... You can ring off the 10 commandments 1 by 1 just like protestants but you don't even know the rules, and policies of your own church without googling them. What is the point of having all these canon laws and a catechism if you don't know them without looking them up?
What a joke.....catholics haven't got a clue what most of the laws are even about.
BUSTED! Again!
I know quite a bit, but not all of it. Why shouldn't we try to learn all the teachings if there available?
True, many Catholics don't have a clue on the how's and why's of the faith. If they understood, they wouldn't leave. Once you learn it, its difficult if not impossible, to justify being a Christian and NOT being in the Catholic Church. And its laughable to try and debunk Catholicism using their very own sacred scriptures. Yet, that's what you and the others attempt. Like little pesky demons. So scram "Tommy". The Tomalingo. The Thomasmeister, "doubting Thomas". "Tomamania,'disgruntled that people are still Catholic.... doesn't like the ruuules, had to leeeeave" lol.
eh, I'll say a sincere prayer for you Mike when I go to Mass today.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#508826 Jan 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making an exception here Knit ..in answering you as,you totally missed my point ....a,specific point ...one one topic ...
Those persecuted,people ...hiding ..have no priests,or Churches ...bibles,are smuggled in ...
You honestly think that THEY are less than the bishop in THEIR FAITH ....When calling Jesus,NAME could get them killed ...You think your priest could give them MORE FAITH ...YOU ARE,WRONG ...THEIR FAITH COMES,DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT ..
THAT priest in Church is,NOT WHO WILL SAVE THEM WITH SACRAMENTS,...ITS,CHRIST IN THEIR SOULS...THEIR ACCEPTANCE AND THEY ARE WASHED IN HIS,BLOOD ....,
as,are,all TRUE CHRISTAINS,...
AND PLEASE,stopped telling me what the nuns,taught me..I KNOW,..VERY WELL ..last year YOU ACCUSED me of never being Catholic...let's,leave the PERSONAL COMMENTS,off the board and discuss,ideas...PLEASE,...
You worship your way..I'll do the same,
The differenceis, if one believes in the Eucharist being Christ and in a way cannot receive Him because of being persacuted no priest around one does in his or her spiritually. But one has to believe in the Eucharist being Christ and not a simbal of Christ. and you have forgotten what the nuns taught you .
Liam

Chicago, IL

#508827 Jan 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer this: Do you believe god loves you more than he loves protestants? If you say no what is your point in posting the same lies and hateful comments over and over to the protestant?
God doesn't love Catholics or Protestants more than the souls in hell. So no, He doesn't love me more than Protestants.
The point of posting to them is not to get God to love them, silly.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508828 Jan 26, 2014
bar ber bir bor bur
barn bern birn born burn
see
'born and burn is together'
Pot.razi.lica is not grammatical as someone tray with diploma on very sneaky way let down someone you know with nice diploma and lips talk.
Secret is as in within tiny words.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508829 Jan 26, 2014
God anger is not for ever.

Always exist reason as well big why?

God not act toward us as others think!
Michael

Canada

#508830 Jan 26, 2014
........ Catholics call protestants bible only christians. Protestants know their bible......... Catholics boast they have the catechism, canon laws and papal documents that guides them. But almost all catholics haven't got a clue what these rules and laws are unless they spend hours googling each individual one to learn what it is.

......What is the purpose of having dozens of books full of church rules and regulations If the schmucks sitting in the pews haven't got a clue what they are?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508831 Jan 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well when a church makes the claim as the tile in this forum it better be able to defend that claim....and no to the second part of your post. I agree with some things from both sides on some things I don't from both sides.
The fact is you were drawn to a Catholic thread to vilify Catholics, and then you have the nerve to suggest that I should go to a Protestant thread.

How funny!

Prince George, Canada

#508832 Jan 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Take it up with them not me....
You were the one to suggest that the pope kissed the Qur'an. I was responding to your post.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>+
YEAH ... the pope kissed the Qur'an.
What a hypocrite!
At the same time he had his missionaries in Muslim countries, preaching at the Muslims that unless they became Catholic Christians, they couldn't be saved from hell.
Double-speak is common with theologians.
Thomas

Canada

#508833 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know quite a bit, but not all of it. Why shouldn't we try to learn all the teachings if there available?
True, many Catholics don't have a clue on the how's and why's of the faith. If they understood, they wouldn't leave. Once you learn it, its difficult if not impossible, to justify being a Christian and NOT being in the Catholic Church. And its laughable to try and debunk Catholicism using their very own sacred scriptures. Yet, that's what you and the others attempt. Like little pesky demons. So scram "Tommy". The Tomalingo. The Thomasmeister, "doubting Thomas". "Tomamania,'disgruntled that people are still Catholic.... doesn't like the ruuules, had to leeeeave" lol.
eh, I'll say a sincere prayer for you Mike when I go to Mass today.
What is the point in bragging about your knowledge of your church as the one true church if you can't rhyme off or tell us the rules, canon laws, papal documents, catechism, without having to look them up? Each One!

I am sure you can rhyme off the 10 commandments and scriptures from the bible that Protestants follow, but you don't have the knowledge of your own rules and regulations that are suppose to guide you in the Catholic faith.

.....You should be glad I am here!

Prince George, Canada

#508834 Jan 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
When all is said and done, and one's last breath and thought is done, then religion will be left behind, as will everything else....
For those who believe that the soul travels from one human body to another as it reincarnates to learn it's ongoing "lessons" of obedience ... they would disagree with your "notion" that stems from your "emotion."

Prince George, Canada

#508835 Jan 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> This is where I disagree with you Miguel....you can show respect to others without compromising your own faith.
It's impossible to be in the Christian religion, as are you ... target others as being active sinners, and at the same time show them respect.

You wouldn't play that song in church ... would you???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#508836 Jan 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The need to belong to a haughty religion is rather repulsive to me....
Then you had better leave Catholicism immediately and stop playing mental masturbation with your self in the idea that you will go to a heaven where Catholics reside in a hereafter.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508837 Jan 26, 2014
What you say old school is rule?

see
I am not sit in first chair!
I never eat with them!

I never asked to much in my life!
Not from my father or my mother which I love much more then you think.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508838 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to memorize the catechism and Bible to be Catholic. Jesus didn't make it that complicated. You can see the visible pillar and foundation of truth and you go to Confession and receive the Eucharist. voila.
Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.
Original Protestants agreed that the Catholic Church was the one started by the Lord, but it fell wayward. Modern Protestant/fundamental born againers disregard any notion that the CC could have been right at anytime in human history. Therefore, their whole theology is set against the teachings of the Catholic Church. Period!
Original Protestants lacked faith. Modern Protestants lack faith and brains. They force themselves to become incredibly ignorant.
Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.Thats what you said?? Your kidding right?
You really believe that Christ is protecting your Church " from error when teaching FAITH AND MORALS". I DONT THINK SOOOOOO.....will you please rephrase that..lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#508839 Jan 26, 2014
They turn over against truth but still listening with ear.
Please explain that!

Our lovely God know what we need.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508840 Jan 26, 2014
Demonic desire turn people as wish could posiblle..but God know everything better then accusers.

Real Creator know why is like that as well who do that.

To know all things but never win over real Creator is two deference things.

Prince George, Canada

#508841 Jan 26, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Born by chance a Muslim, born by chance an orthodox born by chance a Jew, each taught by their parents their way is right.
Who am I too judge? Love thy neighbor as thy self.
I treat everyone with respect, don't care what religious belief they belong to or the color of their skin.
To many people their religion is the most important issue in their lives, and to state that their god is an illusion shows terrible disrespect to them.

I admit that I am disrespectful when I am on the forum. There's no question about that issue.

But they are also here to belittle my Atheism ... so on a forum disrespect works both ways.

I am not in their churches bugging them, so if they choose to come on a forum, I suggest that they should expect disrespect.

I expect to be disrespected and look forward to being disrespected, as that is part and parcel of debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 110,736
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min inbred Genius 260
Plenty To Celebrate On President Donald's 100th... 13 min every troll here ... 1
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Dean 479
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 286,312
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 2 hr jacckd 65
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 18
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web