Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,873
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#508510 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians pray to Jesus. Jews pray but not to Jesus. Muslims pray to Allah, Buddhists have their own trinity etc.
Is there a deity for everyone? Being born by chance into a particular belief makes your god better than others gods?
They all believe they have ownership of the creator's "spiritual" emotions.

There is no share and share alike motto with these greed infested believers.

Houston, Canada

#508511 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God gives everyone a conscience, He says so in His Word. Atheist will deny this until the day they die.
The human conscience is programmed by indoctrination.

That is why Christians held their bibles tight to them as they killed other humans as heretics, all the while believing their behavior was based on holy service to a supposed "God."

Religion is BUNK ... and that includes your specialty.

Houston, Canada

#508512 Jan 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
it is not about RELIGION.....it is about RELATIONSHIP. Religion is the law. A Christian has a relationship. A relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Religion makes slaves but a relationship with Jesus Christ sets the prisoners free.
Catholicism IS religion. And the Catholic church-fathers within the Catholic religion created the Jesus-myth.

The Jews faithful to Judaism did NOT create any Jesus-myth.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508513 Jan 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to shut you up......I'm going to post some bullshite teachings Christianity tries to play off as accurate.....
Please pay attention, because I will expect you to refute them with your so-called "Christian logic".....let's begin.....
Christianity fails:
- it doesn't believe in all of what Jesus taught
- because it thinks it is required to believe in a "God" or Jesus to be saved.
- because it promotes Jesus as "God", when Jesus never called himself "God"
- because it thinks fallible men didn't write the Bible - thus fallible men are in error, thus the Bible is in error.
- because the Bible has two creation stories - that is a lie in itself.
- because If "God" was omnipresent or omniscient - "He" wouldn't have to ask questions, "He'd" already know.
Christianity is a failed experiment that modern humans are realizing now, that it was a deceptive act to get people under control and thinking the same for control.
I refuse to have men tell me how to believe, when I've found out that their belief are just half of the story.
I'll wait for you to show me I'm incorrect.
You've given us opinions; not facts and not proof. Try again if you have anything left.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#508514 Jan 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually didn't the,apostles and disciples,meet in people's,homes ..share bread and wine,..not as,a,Mass but a special communal meal with believers whereeverctheyvwent ..in each city???
Before representation of cathedrals,...home churches
"home churches" don't worship as the early Christians did. The early Christians celebrated mass as described by St. Justin Martyr and as we Catholics and Orthodox do today. Scroll down to chapters 65-67:

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0126.htm

Houston, Canada

#508515 Jan 24, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, BTW- That's not "my" perception. it is the findings of professionals who deal with individuals like you every day. You fit the bill quite well. I suggest you read it again(if you read it at all)---slowly.
You admitted that it is hypothesis.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

hy·poth·e·sis

noun

noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

https://www.google.ca/#q=hypothesis+definitio...

Houston, Canada

#508516 Jan 24, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go right there...your paranoid inferiority complex is right here in black and white.
Yes. That is self delusion. It is NOT "my" fault you are inept and unable to keep up with someone who knows more about just about everything you discuss. THAT is your own fault!
Quit blaming everyone else for your own ignorance.
You just ain't got what it takes, and won't invest the time and energy to educate yourself.
I can't help but appear "haughty" in any discussion with you, you are an ignorant ingrate.
One minute you admit that you don't have answers, and the next minute you want me to learn from you what you admit is only based on hypothesis.

I already know that I don't have answers to what remains mystery ... so what more do you want me to admit that I haven't already admitted.

Houston, Canada

#508517 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
you are always picking on the protestants. Quit being so biased.
I have yet to see 30-50 protestant ministers gathered up in one city for molesting. I can give you a long list of catholic priests in the 30-50 range in many american cities. There has to be more protestant ministers than catholic priests because there are almost 3 times as many protestants as there are catholics in the USA.
155 million protestants versus 68 million catholics in america.
Well when you round up all the molesters that have been exposed, I suggest that you will have just touched the tip of the iceberg ... so to state. Molestation is a major problem in all societies.

Houston, Canada

#508518 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone lived the way I do, the world would be a much better, safer place.
That is what those in religions claim is true, and I don't believe them either.
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508519 Jan 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
Peace
Letter writing is a sort of easy way out, venting frustrations and concerns. But of course, if enough of them arrive on someone's desk, attention gets paid.
I think "foot-traffic" is a better way to go. People vote with their feet. And when the pews get empty, the money stops flowing. Legers get looked at, and the home office gets involved.
In this "Age of Information", putting out a "smoothed" over letter is as easy as pie.
Don't think cover-ups occur only in the RCC. Don't you think officials use the "threat" of a lawless society, to keep that society under its thumb? We are simply on information overload right now, the matter is, that lawlessness has been around since laws were made. And choices are made to enforce those that seem to keep the mob appeased....
Peace
Hi Robert;
I have to write letters because I don't attend church. They don't get any of my money now!
The only ones today who have no fear questioning church leaders are young people. This generation is not like mom and dad or the grandparents who never questioned anyone or anything about the church.

Houston, Canada

#508520 Jan 24, 2014
Those health-food nuts are sure going to be sorry when they find out they are dying from nothing.

Author unknown
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#508521 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "home church" is not biblical.
Yeah it is Anthony;; the early church was gathered together in peoples homes.
This is only a few verses in the Bible.
Bible Verses About House Churches
Bible verses related to House Churches from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance- Sort By Book Order

Acts 2:46 - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Romans 16:5 - Likewise [greet] the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

Romans 16:1-27 - I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:(Read More...)

Titus 1:1-16 - Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 16:19 - The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

See Anthony the church is people , not a denomination. Just for fun ask a few of your catholic brother's and sister's in your parish if they have ever attendent a Home Church see what they say.
Ask them if they have ever gone to and Alpha Program. you would be surprised to learn that many have.
Where I live there is a catholic church on nearly every cornor or were, people from everyone of them have been to my Home Church or to my church to Alpha program's or Sunday Service to hear the gospel preached. Even priest's have come to our parish.
Once you hear the true gospel of Christ preached, you hunger for more because its the Good News Gospel.
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508522 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God gives everyone a conscience, He says so in His Word. Atheist will deny this until the day they die. June says she determines right and wrong by concepts ( do what?) Mike says it's common sense (his common sense may be different then others..no what?)
An atheist has absolutely no reason to live a moral life..why? And what authority do they look to determine morals...themselves.
Killing another human being is wrong, why because God says it is. Why is it wrong for the atheist?
Federal prison authorities. in the USA say that 74% of inmates are catholic/protestants,. Less than 1 % are atheists.

Statistics claim that over 16% of of Americans are non religious. About 50 million and growing quickly.

Its obvious non religious people have higher moral standards than those claiming to be the moral authority.

Go figure!

Houston, Canada

#508523 Jan 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I think as a child one accepts authority easily, and protesting usually gets nowhere, that is regardless of being Protestant or Catholic....I accepted as a child that if I even walked past a RC church, God might strike you down. So you always walked on the other side of the street....(Gotcha! But its true.)
I believe it's changing now. As more who were molested come out in the open, more feel free TO come out, and that is why I believe we have just touched the tip of the problem. However I suggest that many who molested others will never be exposed, as family members will choose to protect the image of the family as being upstanding moral citizens with nothing to "hide."
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508524 Jan 24, 2014
Those Crazy Aliens wrote:
<quoted text>
You people seem to always forget that Jesus' "CHURCH" resides in all of us!
The "CHURCH" is not a physical building, nor architecture built by man.
Catholics are the most deranged, brain washed masses on the earth!
Prove me wrong!
I don't' believe Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists would believe that.
Christianity is only 23% of our world population of 7.2 Billion! Its been the same for decades.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#508525 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"home churches" don't worship as the early Christians did. The early Christians celebrated mass as described by St. Justin Martyr and as we Catholics and Orthodox do today. Scroll down to chapters 65-67:
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0126.htm
No they didn't. The Church of Christ is where the Spirit of the Lord is. The Spirit of the Lord is in His people. not in a building or in a religious sect.

One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said,“Look at us!” So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

Understandably, the onlookers were rather interested in how Peter had managed a trick like healing a 40-year-old malady, and Peter and John were happy to oblige by sharing the Gospel… which landed them in jail. They then used their time in front of the court to continue to share the Good News of Jesus.

The second instance of healing isn’t a story so much as it is a description of life in the early church. In Acts 5:12-16 we learn that the sick were brought to the apostles on the off chance that Peter’s shadow might cross over them and cause them to be healed:

The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

Lastly, we have Paul resurrecting a man from the dead in Acts 20:7-12. The man died because Paul talked him to sleep and he fell out of a window:

On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him.“Don’t be alarmed,” he said.“He’s alive!” Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate. After talking until daylight, he left. The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508526 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who gave you the negative judgies but it wasn't me.
I always enjoy your viewpoints. Common sense should always prevail.
Common sense tells me a fool did..lol
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508527 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when you round up all the molesters that have been exposed, I suggest that you will have just touched the tip of the iceberg ... so to state. Molestation is a major problem in all societies.
If your organization is in the business of preaching and claiming to be advocates of morality, your teachers of this belief should be held to a higher moral standard than the rest of us.

Houston, Canada

#508528 Jan 24, 2014
HOW MANY CHILDREN ARE THE VICTIMS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE?

The 2001 National Crime Victimization Survey, which only covers youth 12-17, estimates
that 1.9 per 1,000 children are raped or sexually assaulted.

National surveys of adults find that 9-28% of women say they experienced some type of sexual abuse or assault in childhood.

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/factsheet/pdf/CSA-FS2...

Houston, Canada

#508529 Jan 24, 2014
It might seem worse to many people when pedophiles are protected in religious institutions, but I suggest it's human nature to protect what and who we believe needs to be protected.

I know of cases where family members openly discuss (for instance) how uncle Harry never kept his hands to his self ... or how father slept with the girls and mother knew it was occurring ... but these people don't go to the law and expose the perpetrators.

They simply accept that it was part of their family history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessari... 739,762
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Lost In Transition 173,743
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 58 min Love Massage 872
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 1 hr mike 50
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 42 601,132
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,488
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 2,416
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,620
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr ms simmer 153