Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649977 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#508775 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
Yes,the,Church is,the body of believers,..the,BRIDE,OF CHRIST .
BUT I was,talking about home,Churches, being biblical.
What about folks,meeting in underground churches,..with pieces,of bibles,and certainly no priest or cathedral ..maybe no ordained,minister .
I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ..
I don't think your confused.

Amen to your prayer in Jesus name.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508776 Jan 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
LTM's home gatherings are not "church", there is no Eucharist, no priest, no sacrifice. I'm sure they have a nice time reading and studying the bible, but it's bible-study, not "church".
----------
Wrong again Anthony. Jesus said, "Wherever two or more of you are gathered together, "THERE AM I."
HE is our priest, our sacrifice, and, since HE is present, we share communion WITH HIM. THAT is church!
KayMarie
AMEN
truth

Perth, Australia

#508777 Jan 25, 2014
tample is your body
choose darkness or light
oh
42 degree now
if connect my two hand entire city will stay under light
conversion..confess yourself=its going out from you=prayers

What is inside you as your body?

my doctor put me underanastetic i been in deep sleep
yee but when things start going trough me
i see
i see every part as inner
your body is tample
where your inner is as light
where is light its not darkness

now
we been teach minimum go two times as euharisytic cristmass and easter time..
you can go every day if you liked

me not really
i go but not every day

you don't need listen what others say
your light stay within you
i am way truth and light
see holy scripture say

see
many childreen and people have light
not only what others want wrote
many in silence
yeee
did church need know
nooo
after all church is institution as techers they not wrote everything every day
but you you can find out for yourself
even if your loveones are against that or not understood, what can you do..you can cry every day..but still it is as it is its you..you as child be born as unice as one not with two heads or two heart or two mind even similarity exist but you as person is yourself ..others what so ever say to you to be in great sorrow or not understanding who ever they are your loveones friends or church does metter simple desconnect yourself if you could from that words.

your body is temple=light
truth

Perth, Australia

#508778 Jan 25, 2014
our lovly pape never say against womans no espicial mothers and widows..no.
They have great example one lovly mother, motherly loving heart is only one.
yee
what a about Sons yee we have Jesus Christ as loving Son..many goodness within many sons too as leaders they have heavy cross over themself too.
i remember ones upn i listen one my musician Mate yee..i pray for that man yee..
then i hear voice in heart..sine mojj..my sonnnn..poor man..sine moj sine moj
in day of great sorrow your mind and soul stay in great angush..poor man..
he is singer now old and sick..but he can be example for kids yee he need teach with kids stay between them as sine moj my son my son..
holy scripture say

I am very please with you my son.

many singers are not aware of godly childreens angels why is like that.

kakvo ti je srce
takva ti je dusa

now Mate need sing soorow rosary for me as CD on his way
sine moj..my son my son i am very please with you
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508779 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You should follow what the apostles wrote which is the word of God instead of second hand heresy.
They heard the preaching of the apostles with their own ears. The apostles explained the meaning of scripture to them. They wrote it down and taught the faithful. We read scripture and their writings as to the meaning of scripture in the way they were taught by the apostles. You should listen to the apostles and those they taught instead of heretics that came around 1500 years later.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508780 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz Dear Father,
Please bless,your children..all of us,here have very definite,ideas,...
Most concern you and,the,LOVE you had,for us,in SENDING YOUR
DIVINE SON to be a,perfect SACRIFICE FOR US,..showing us,a,MERCY
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..
please,Lord,some,of us,need,physical healing .
I pray for every family here,...especially for Nick..Preston..Pad ..LTM.. and,any of us,including myself who need you ..
We,pray for SPIRITUAL HEALING and the,work of the HOLY Spirit in our loved,ones,.
We,pray for The,USA,..FOR ISRAEL and the,world,that they have,peace and know,YOU ..
May we,all be,covered by the,BLOOD,of the,LAMB
we,pray in JESUS,NAME,...AMEN
----------
AMEN, and thank you for "boldly approaching the throne of Grace". He will honor this.
KayMarie
Amen and thank you Kay.

And my prayers,are for any here who need it even if they don't feel free to ask.

When I first went to a,Wed.bible meeting ...New,experience and we went around the room with prayer requests,it was,very different ...But I got used to it and it was,so personal ..I really liked it ..God watch over us,all

You know, there are so many times,in looking back..I see where God's,hand was,in my life and my families,...even when I was,not praying ..it floors,me HIS,benificence that we,are so unworthy ..yet He gives us ..:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508781 Jan 25, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Well the priests, Bishops have the Body ,Blood ,Soul and Divinity, the Eucharist , rose. The Eucharist. You can't receive Christ without the priest, rose. The nuns taught you that, rose.
I'm making an exception here Knit ..in answering you as,you totally missed my point ....a,specific point ...one one topic ...

Those persecuted,people ...hiding ..have no priests,or Churches ...bibles,are smuggled in ...
You honestly think that THEY are less than the bishop in THEIR FAITH ....When calling Jesus,NAME could get them killed ...You think your priest could give them MORE FAITH ...YOU ARE,WRONG ...THEIR FAITH COMES,DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT ..

THAT priest in Church is,NOT WHO WILL SAVE THEM WITH SACRAMENTS,...ITS,CHRIST IN THEIR SOULS...THEIR ACCEPTANCE AND THEY ARE WASHED IN HIS,BLOOD ....,
as,are,all TRUE CHRISTAINS,...

AND PLEASE,stopped telling me what the nuns,taught me..I KNOW,..VERY WELL ..last year YOU ACCUSED me of never being Catholic...let's,leave the PERSONAL COMMENTS,off the board and discuss,ideas...PLEASE,...

You worship your way..I'll do the same,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508782 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...
When two or three,or more gather in HIS,NAME,He is,present ..
Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...
----------
Jesus said that the GREATEST one among you is the SERVANT of all... Let us be great...in HIS sight.
KM
He was,very specific too when the apostles,asked who would be ahead of the others ....HE WAS,NOT PROMOTING A,HIERARCHY ....as,far as,I read it ...no high priests,...
I take Him at His,word ...

But obviously others,took it differently ..God bless them

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508783 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you RoSesz:::)
Always,...is,there a,Christian thread that is,NOT A,DEBATE THREAD ..where folks,just share their faith that you know,of ANY ONE???

There was,one a few,years,ago ...people,were very nice ...But not sure it's,still active or the same,????
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#508784 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...
When two or three,or more gather in HIS,NAME,He is,present ..
Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...
I do not wish to pray like the hypocrites or with the hypocrites nor do I believe you have any truth. It wouild be against every fiber of my being to associate myself with false teachers.

He sent them to preach the gospel. It wasnt just some stay at home Mom running the church. One Faith, One Baptism One Lord. He who eats my flesh and drinkis my blood will have eternal life. He who believes and is Baptized will be saved. Repent. Its not a one time Protestant jiggy.. One has to wonder why the Apostles would even bother writing letters of correction. Jesus didnt pass out books where people just stay home because the leader of their group couldnt bake cakes anymore. Im sure they all had KJV bibles though. ;0

Sorry, but I already answered the 2 or more fallacy. You have twisted that and since many of the protestants in here have condemned one another to hell or told them they are not Christians or Frauds with the exception of Catholics who are all evil I suggest you rethink what the church really is but dont include me or any Catholic for that matter in your make believe church on a topix forum. Good Grief!

"If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say,‘We see,’ your guilt remains" Jn 9:41

When Gentiles who have not the law do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.(Rom 2:14-16)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508785 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They heard the preaching of the apostles with their own ears. The apostles explained the meaning of scripture to them. They wrote it down and taught the faithful. We read scripture and their writings as to the meaning of scripture in the way they were taught by the apostles. You should listen to the apostles and those they taught instead of heretics that came around 1500 years later.
Wrong Anthony, the 'meaning of Scripture' never came through man nor the understanding of it, one must be born-anew and that only comes through belief.

The gospel is what we preach, God leads who He wills to Jesus and then comes understanding.

Quit listening to those who go beyond what is written and trust God alone for your direction.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508786 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making an exception here Knit ..in answering you as,you totally missed my point ....a,specific point ...one one topic ...
Those persecuted,people ...hiding ..have no priests,or Churches ...bibles,are smuggled in ...
You honestly think that THEY are less than the bishop in THEIR FAITH ....When calling Jesus,NAME could get them killed ...You think your priest could give them MORE FAITH ...YOU ARE,WRONG ...THEIR FAITH COMES,DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT ..
THAT priest in Church is,NOT WHO WILL SAVE THEM WITH SACRAMENTS,...ITS,CHRIST IN THEIR SOULS...THEIR ACCEPTANCE AND THEY ARE WASHED IN HIS,BLOOD ....,
as,are,all TRUE CHRISTAINS,...
AND PLEASE,stopped telling me what the nuns,taught me..I KNOW,..VERY WELL ..last year YOU ACCUSED me of never being Catholic...let's,leave the PERSONAL COMMENTS,off the board and discuss,ideas...PLEASE,...
You worship your way..I'll do the same,
I think you preach the gospel very well minis the yelling lol:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508787 Jan 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not wish to pray like the hypocrites or with the hypocrites nor do I believe you have any truth. It wouild be against every fiber of my being to associate myself with false teachers.
He sent them to preach the gospel. It wasnt just some stay at home Mom running the church. One Faith, One Baptism One Lord. He who eats my flesh and drinkis my blood will have eternal life. He who believes and is Baptized will be saved. Repent. Its not a one time Protestant jiggy.. One has to wonder why the Apostles would even bother writing letters of correction. Jesus didnt pass out books where people just stay home because the leader of their group couldnt bake cakes anymore. Im sure they all had KJV bibles though. ;0
Sorry, but I already answered the 2 or more fallacy. You have twisted that and since many of the protestants in here have condemned one another to hell or told them they are not Christians or Frauds with the exception of Catholics who are all evil I suggest you rethink what the church really is but dont include me or any Catholic for that matter in your make believe church on a topix forum. Good Grief!
"If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say,‘We see,’ your guilt remains" Jn 9:41
When Gentiles who have not the law do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.(Rom 2:14-16)
Missed the whole,single point ...home churches ARE IN THE BIBLE .
I honestly think Jesus,never intended for His,CHURCH to be anything other than how,He sent out the disciples,to preach ..certainly not a,monolithic Temple ...

Obviously as,it became more popular houses,were not convenient ..But there is,NOTHING against home Churches,either ...

That was,my only point.. NOT that you should join one..or have cookies,...
It's,not about cookies,...And if you choose not to join my prayer for every one that's,your choice ..I said NOT ONE WORD IN IT THAT IS,NOT TAUGHT IN THE RCC or any other Christian Church ..praying for our fellow,Christians...Jesus,pray ed to the Father all the time,!!

I just Thought despite our differences,..it would be nice once a,week to call on our FATHER together ...And i will continue to do so ...

Peace and God watch over you and your family ...And every family represented here
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508788 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Always,...is,there a,Christian thread that is,NOT A,DEBATE THREAD ..where folks,just share their faith that you know,of ANY ONE???
There was,one a few,years,ago ...people,were very nice ...But not sure it's,still active or the same,????
There was a Christian unity thread but not all were real Christians so when people started praying together the prayers weren't correct. You really have to be saved first before you can have Christian unity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508789 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you preach the gospel very well minis the yelling lol:)
Well emphasis..But also my tablet is less,likely to change the words,in caps..though not always,...Lol

Thanks,..But I'm.just saying what I truly believe ....
I'm no theologian ...But I don't think Jesus,meant for us,to have to be to understand Him

There ars things,I ADMIT TO HIM ..I just don't know,..And I pray for enlightenment now,or when He chooses to tell me ...in the hereafter .

GOD BLESS,
truth

Perth, Australia

#508790 Jan 25, 2014
voice of angels
sine moj
my son my son
see methew 18;3 you need be as child
childreen teach themself from tiny age as music its going be happy

many children suffer because of leaders

Did we need many dangerous things on this planet?
no

because of that you don't need destruction
others except on deference way and have many problems

maybe in future we will have children of love
where love will be only energy

now when mother and father see child its coming with love look in that
some committed toward care are animals birds fish

seeeee

tell me why you liked be bigger then God

in any tribe nation family you can sing sine moj
my son my son
nobody care where are come-from or my child my child
what so ever

We belong to each other.
Does meter how much disagree as well why!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#508791 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He was,very specific too when the apostles,asked who would be ahead of the others ....HE WAS,NOT PROMOTING A,HIERARCHY ....as,far as,I read it ...no high priests,...
I take Him at His,word ...
But obviously others,took it differently ..God bless them
And they always gave up the first place oto Peter! You know the one Jesus paid the Drachma tax for the first born. The one he prayed for to strengthen the others. The one whom Jesus asked do you love me more than these? The other Apostles who were standing right there. Feed My Sheep. Obviously he put you in charge of all matters though.or was it Jim Jones or LTM? So which Protestant has the real deal on what the bible really says other than you of course or is it that false teachers are no big deal? Jesus said to Peter I will give YOU the keys. YOU and he named him Rock the only tranlsation in the Arabic language spoken is ROCK. Quite an honor indeed. How many of the other Apostles did Jesus rename? You do realize that everytime God changed the name of someone it was a significant event dont you? And Please dont say Paul. Paul was the Gentile name he was given as a Roman Citizen. God did not rename him. Nobody is trying to diminish any of the Apostles albeit one could argue on the basis of sola scriptura they were unimportant since they are mentioned little nor did they have anything to say. Not so, but given the feeble arguments put forth by Protestants in here a valid thing to point out. But then again I realize your head is spinning because thinking is hard for you.

Jeusus founded a Church. He most definitely did set up a Hierachy. He explains that to Timonthy as well. The Apostles were the foundation of his church and they are referred to. Paul says he doesnt wish to build upon another mans foundation when he writes to Rome. We know that in the bible foundation. So who was this foundation Apostle in Rome the largest city in the world with over a million people while Paul was in tiny area? Hmmm Who was the Apostle who it was revealed to who Christ was? Who was the Apostle who when Jesus said will you leave me too after they rejected the Eucharist like you do walking away Jn 6:66 wow what a number that is eh? Peter says where will we go and you can go read the rest. Peter was in Rome. Peter who lead in Acts. Peter and the others as the bible says. Peter whom Paul went to see. Peter was no perfect, but neither were the rest. God chose him and he was honored. Peter was the first to say not to Lord authority over others it did not mean he nor any other Apostle had none because clearly they did.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508792 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen and thank you Kay.
And my prayers,are for any here who need it even if they don't feel free to ask.
When I first went to a,Wed.bible meeting ...New,experience and we went around the room with prayer requests,it was,very different ...But I got used to it and it was,so personal ..I really liked it ..God watch over us,all
You know, there are so many times,in looking back..I see where God's,hand was,in my life and my families,...even when I was,not praying ..it floors,me HIS,benificence that we,are so unworthy ..yet He gives us ..:)
All glory to Him for everything He has given us!

~~~~~~~

They were mixing in prayers to Mary, it says to expel the evil among you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508793 Jan 25, 2014
don't you
you don't liked that others not see or know

i told you
smooth silky skin
they liked died but can't
light then i see open wounds

seee
someone don't liked me
try keep me but liked see on other side
then
yeeeeeeeeee
pool me with them self

real god not aloud that not to see
Earth swear to Heaven not will be secrets..no!

I listening radio Marija from my people now..yee
Cooking Lady as receipt ..plain as could much more better simple!

I told you as in within as receipt intercept as pro;cent % as esti;Mate
Ajde esti tjesto mesti za kruh sveti Mate!

bread as bread you need know what John wrote..
methew 4;4
you not live only from bread you live from holy spirit and every word

simple things in life keep you in light as well healthy..many diploma and doctors today work as keep you in line as shape full of beauty as well healthy many naturalist working every day as with lots of green healthy staff ..
lijepa si
o kako lijepa si
o kako lijepa si
o majko Marijo
you are so nice
so nice so nice
o how you are so beautiful
people working as beauty too things selling every day
many diploma on simple way and easy way exist..
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#508794 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed the whole,single point ...home churches ARE IN THE BIBLE .
I honestly think Jesus,never intended for His,CHURCH to be anything other than how,He sent out the disciples,to preach ..certainly not a,monolithic Temple ...
Obviously as,it became more popular houses,were not convenient ..But there is,NOTHING against home Churches,either ...
That was,my only point.. NOT that you should join one..or have cookies,...
It's,not about cookies,...And if you choose not to join my prayer for every one that's,your choice ..I said NOT ONE WORD IN IT THAT IS,NOT TAUGHT IN THE RCC or any other Christian Church ..praying for our fellow,Christians...Jesus,pray ed to the Father all the time,!!
I just Thought despite our differences,..it would be nice once a,week to call on our FATHER together ...And i will continue to do so ...
Peace and God watch over you and your family ...And every family represented here
No, you missed the point, but that is usual for you because you never have a coherent argument nor are you capable of addressing the points made. Here is a Baptist for you, but then again Protestants are all over the place with the real deal.

"Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law: And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it" (Deut. 31:12-13).

BECAUSE GOD COMMANDS IT
Hebrews 10:25 declares: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Faithful, consistent church attendance is required of God's people because God has commanded it. None of God's commands are to be taken lightly or to be considered as optional. God is our Master, our Owner, our Ruler, and as such we ought to respectfully obey His commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13 declares: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." I fear that many professing Christians obey and respect men more than they do the commands of God. How long would you last on your job if you came to work only when it was convenient or when you felt like it? You go to work faithfully because it is your responsibility to do so, not because you feel like going. In like manner you should go to church not because you feel like it, but because God has commanded it and you are responsible to obey Him!

http://libcfl.com/articles/why.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 55,834
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 971,738
Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam 1 hr erinadams 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ceemee2 2,301
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,889
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 2 hr Edgy Teen 194
Ayurveda oil massage 2 hr rahul 1
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 14 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web