Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673422 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508760 Jan 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But Anthony they have cake! Pop, Candy and Ice cream were in the Garden of Eden. The bible told LTM so. lol While people in the Early church did meet in homes in secret because of the persecution they all had a Bishop. Clearly when the Apostles sent a letter on the decision on circumcision it wasn't post marked to individual homes. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. Paul clearly tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. That is a far cry from the Protestant who picks up a bible or goes online and gets a certification that he is now a minister able to divide the Word Correctly. There can be no false teachers with that model of anarchy.
If it were all that simple then Jesus would have given them a completed book and told them to pass it out and they could all individually decipher the true meaning on their own and there really isnt any need for any preacher at all. There are no false teachers its whatever Jesus tells them individually. Some have ,made Jn 3:16 all that is necessary. Each person incorporates their own values into that which they choose to believe. It is not unlike the Atheist who becomes a moralist in an immoral world. Al Capone or other Mob bosses would argue that they provide a good and a service and it is perfectly justifiable to murder someone if they cheat those who are cheating everyone else. Collateral damage is par for the course.
The bible doesn;t say alot of things. There were always judges and a source of authority. Whenever 2 or more are gathered is an old Jewish saying or iditom and inferred 2 or more people with reconginzed authority who call upon the Lord for a decision. As an example you could use the casting of lots to determine who to chose to replace Judas. It wasnt just 2 neophytes or false teachers with no basis authority other than a self proclamation. I have used Charles Manson and Jim Jones le that mean they no longer had any authority? Peter calls himself a fellow presybyter or priest. So from that we are to infer an Apostle had no more weight than some layman? Really? Bishops are Piests,
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...
When two or three,or more gather in HIS,NAME,He is,present ..

Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...
LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508761 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTIL THEN YOU HAVE US..I TRY at this,time every Saturday nite,to pray for us,all hoping for others to join ...God bless,you ..He,is,with us,always,
Thank you RoSesz:::)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#508762 Jan 25, 2014
who="LTM" <quoted text>
thank you Preston, Pastor James Kennedy; is a senior pastor, we do have communion at home church or did. It is no more I really miss it.
Nancy the head of our worship team at church and a very dear friend passed away a few years back from cancer.
Things change, and I know change is a good thing; I don't do well will it.
I don't go to church any more or go to home church ; Nancy's husband didn't continue with it after she died.
I have been praying for God to lead me to a Spirit filled God fearing group, were all the gifts of the spirit are operating.as well as all the fruits.
I am really missing the fellowship with my brothers and sister's. in Christ.

----------
Please get somewhere fast! You need the fellowship, and the church needs YOU. Don't look for a perfect church...they are made up of people...we are people, and none of us is perfect. We are to learn together.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508763 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
31FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.
Now,I'm confused

Yes,the,Church is,the body of believers,..the,BRIDE,OF CHRIST .

BUT I was,talking about home,Churches, being biblical.

What about folks,meeting in underground churches,..with pieces,of bibles,and certainly no priest or cathedral ..maybe no ordained,minister .

I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ..

#508764 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz Dear Father,
Please bless,your children..all of us,here have very definite,ideas,...
Most concern you and,the,LOVE you had,for us,in SENDING YOUR
DIVINE SON to be a,perfect SACRIFICE FOR US,..showing us,a,MERCY
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..
please,Lord,some,of us,need,physical healing .
I pray for every family here,...especially for Nick..Preston..Pad ..LTM.. and,any of us,including myself who need you ..
We,pray for SPIRITUAL HEALING and the,work of the HOLY Spirit in our loved,ones,.
We,pray for The,USA,..FOR ISRAEL and the,world,that they have,peace and know,YOU ..
May we,all be,covered by the,BLOOD,of the,LAMB
we,pray in JESUS,NAME,...AMEN

----------
AMEN, and thank you for "boldly approaching the throne of Grace". He will honor this.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508765 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
MISSING BABY: Danbury police have issued a Silver Alert and are searching for missing 1-year-old Cameron Laurel. Please SHARE to help police find him. UPDATE: Cameron has been found safe.
More information ---> http://bit.ly/1eT9kNf
Father,please,put your hand,on this,Child,and,the,ones,lookin g for her ...in Jesus,name,

#508766 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...
When two or three,or more gather in HIS,NAME,He is,present ..
Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...

----------
Jesus said that the GREATEST one among you is the SERVANT of all... Let us be great...in HIS sight.

KM

#508767 Jan 25, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
What about folks,meeting in underground churches,..with pieces,of bibles,and certainly no priest or cathedral ..maybe no ordained,minister .
I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ...

----------
You got it right...His church is focused on HIM...not a big show.
I heard a nice young preacher speak on this. He warned against the temptation to pride when people applauded him. He likened it to the donkey carrying Jesus into Jerusalem. He said that the donkey must realize that "It is ALL ABOUT JESUS"...not himself.

There are a lot of proud donkeys in this world...

KayMarie
Husker

Falls City, NE

#508768 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ..
Well the priests, Bishops have the Body ,Blood ,Soul and Divinity, the Eucharist , rose. The Eucharist. You can't receive Christ without the priest, rose. The nuns taught you that, rose.

#508769 Jan 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
LTM's home gatherings are not "church", there is no Eucharist, no priest, no sacrifice. I'm sure they have a nice time reading and studying the bible, but it's bible-study, not "church".

----------
Wrong again Anthony. Jesus said, "Wherever two or more of you are gathered together, "THERE AM I."
HE is our priest, our sacrifice, and, since HE is present, we share communion WITH HIM. THAT is church!

KayMarie

Location hidden

#508770 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father,
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..
I pray for every family here,...especially for Nick..Preston..Pad ..LTM.. and,any of us,including myself who need you ..
We,pray for SPIRITUAL HEALING and the,work of the HOLY Spirit in our loved,ones,.
We,pray for The,USA,..FOR ISRAEL and the,world,that they have,peace and know,YOU ..
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward....

Are you happy with your reward????

Location hidden

#508771 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Father,please,put your hand,on this,Child,and,the,ones,lookin g for her ...in Jesus,name,
You are late!!!!! He has already been found!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508772 Jan 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
LTM's home gatherings are not "church", there is no Eucharist, no priest, no sacrifice. I'm sure they have a nice time reading and studying the bible, but it's bible-study, not "church".
----------
Wrong again Anthony. Jesus said, "Wherever two or more of you are gathered together, "THERE AM I."
HE is our priest, our sacrifice, and, since HE is present, we share communion WITH HIM. THAT is church!
KayMarie
Not according to those who were taught by the apostles. They would have considered such gatherings as heretical.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508773 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father,
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..
Amen...Thank you
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508774 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to those who were taught by the apostles. They would have considered such gatherings as heretical.
You should follow what the apostles wrote which is the word of God instead of second hand heresy.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508775 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
I don't think your confused.

Amen to your prayer in Jesus name.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508776 Jan 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
KayMarie
AMEN
truth

Perth, Australia

#508777 Jan 25, 2014
tample is your body
choose darkness or light
oh
42 degree now
if connect my two hand entire city will stay under light
conversion..confess yourself=its going out from you=prayers

What is inside you as your body?

my doctor put me underanastetic i been in deep sleep
yee but when things start going trough me
i see
i see every part as inner
your body is tample
where your inner is as light
where is light its not darkness

now
we been teach minimum go two times as euharisytic cristmass and easter time..
you can go every day if you liked

me not really
i go but not every day

you don't need listen what others say
your light stay within you
i am way truth and light
see holy scripture say

see
many childreen and people have light
not only what others want wrote
many in silence
yeee
did church need know
nooo
after all church is institution as techers they not wrote everything every day
but you you can find out for yourself
even if your loveones are against that or not understood, what can you do..you can cry every day..but still it is as it is its you..you as child be born as unice as one not with two heads or two heart or two mind even similarity exist but you as person is yourself ..others what so ever say to you to be in great sorrow or not understanding who ever they are your loveones friends or church does metter simple desconnect yourself if you could from that words.

your body is temple=light
truth

Perth, Australia

#508778 Jan 25, 2014
our lovly pape never say against womans no espicial mothers and widows..no.
They have great example one lovly mother, motherly loving heart is only one.
yee
what a about Sons yee we have Jesus Christ as loving Son..many goodness within many sons too as leaders they have heavy cross over themself too.
i remember ones upn i listen one my musician Mate yee..i pray for that man yee..
then i hear voice in heart..sine mojj..my sonnnn..poor man..sine moj sine moj
in day of great sorrow your mind and soul stay in great angush..poor man..
he is singer now old and sick..but he can be example for kids yee he need teach with kids stay between them as sine moj my son my son..
holy scripture say

I am very please with you my son.

many singers are not aware of godly childreens angels why is like that.

kakvo ti je srce
takva ti je dusa

now Mate need sing soorow rosary for me as CD on his way
sine moj..my son my son i am very please with you
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508779 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You should follow what the apostles wrote which is the word of God instead of second hand heresy.
They heard the preaching of the apostles with their own ears. The apostles explained the meaning of scripture to them. They wrote it down and taught the faithful. We read scripture and their writings as to the meaning of scripture in the way they were taught by the apostles. You should listen to the apostles and those they taught instead of heretics that came around 1500 years later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Chris Rathers 981,451
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 3 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 3 hr What Was That 85
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 4 hr discocrisco 3
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 5 hr Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 5 hr slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web