Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654001 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508675 Jan 25, 2014
Some "nastiness" for LTM from one of the NASTY BOY Church fathers, St. Justin Martyr in AD 150.

"But we, after we have thus washed him who has been convinced and has assented to our teaching, bring him to the place where those who are called brethren are assembled, in order that we may offer hearty prayers in common for ourselves and for the baptized [illuminated] person, and for all others in every place, that we may be counted worthy, now that we have learned the truth, by our works also to be found good citizens and keepers of the commandments, so that we may be saved with an everlasting salvation. Having ended the prayers, we salute one another with a kiss. There is then brought to the president of the brethren bread and a cup of wine mixed with water; and he taking them, gives praise and glory to the Father of the universe, through the name of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and offers thanks at considerable length for our being counted worthy to receive these things at His hands. And when he has concluded the prayers and thanksgivings, all the people present express their assent by saying Amen. This word Amen answers in the Hebrew language to γέ&#957 ;οι&#964 ;ο [so be it]. And when the president has given thanks, and all the people have expressed their assent, those who are called by us deacons give to each of those present to partake of the bread and wine mixed with water over which the thanksgiving was pronounced, and to those who are absent they carry away a portion."

And this food is called among us Εὐ&#967 ;αρ&#953 ;στ&#805 5;α [the Eucharist], of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Saviour, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh. For the apostles, in the memoirs composed by them, which are called Gospels, have thus delivered unto us what was enjoined upon them; that Jesus took bread, and when He had given thanks, said, This do in remembrance of Me, Luke 22:19 this is My body; and that, after the same manner, having taken the cup and given thanks, He said, This is My blood; and gave it to them alone. Which the wicked devils have imitated in the mysteries of Mithras, commanding the same thing to be done. For, that bread and a cup of water are placed with certain incantations in the mystic rites of one who is being initiated, you either know or can learn."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508676 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats sick is you comparing michael's passion for victims rights with sex offending priest.
Why are not preaching about Protestant ministers' molestations???

Did you forget something ... on purpose???

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508677 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the end of religion.
All of the right-fighting theologians would be out of work, including your Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
June

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If you want to end religion, make your debater/arguer, take your side in the debate!

Trade places..., its a good psychological tool.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php...

Trading Places( Another Eddie Murphy comedy that I really enjoy)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508678 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget Anthony my children were baptised catholic, I know exactly what the catholic church teaches children in schools.
Its all about Mary; and her sacrafice.
Jesus was the one who dies on the cross Anthony for our sins, not Mary.
Did I tell you Canada is in the process of closing all catholic schools in Canada,
and make it all public schooling.
I am not for that because that is a slippery slope, I think government should stay out of the churches business. I am not in for supporting the catholic schools either, because I do not recognize it as christian .
The catholic doctrine is so far away from the Gospel Jesus preached.
That is why the catholic church call us bible thumpers because we believe it is the only authority on earth that is God breathed.
Catholic started their own traditions, and passed stories down from one generation from another and you know how stories change when that happens things get added and subtracted.
That is why Jesus keep saying to the devil '"IT IS WRITTEN"
BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON SOME OF YOUR CHRUCH FATHER'S WOW SOME NASTY BOYS:
AND YOUR FAITH IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS BASED ON WHAT THESE GUYS SAY IS TRUTH.
GET THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS, PULL THE WOOL FROM YOUR EYES.
YOUR BEING LIED TO ANTHONY.
Which Church Fathers? Those Church Fathers happen to be YOUR Church Fathers also...

Prince George, Canada

#508679 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats sick is you comparing michael's passion for victims rights with sex offending priest. Repeating his passion against sex offending priests is no way different than hojo repeating his nonsense about the catholic church being the one true church every single day. I applaud his passion for victims and his distain for those priests who violate the innocence and trust of those CHILDREN not to mention those people that hide the offense and turn a blind eye to it. NOW THATS SICK....
You have a nasty habit of pointing outward at perceived SINNERS ... and your self as having your sins deadened by a belief that a savior has done your work for you.

It's a very nasty Christian HABIT!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508680 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Can't you just picture the Catholic pope saying to a Muslim-Imam ... "I must learn to debate the issue from both sides, so I can see your point of view that only Muslims will be rewarded with eternal bliss"....???
It ain't gonna happen!
June

Its interesting that the commoners must get along with each other, while the elites live in ivory towers with their entourage.

Is religion built then from the bottom up, and a hierarchy then isolates the top from reality, from which they dictate?

(Jesus stayed lowly his whole life....)

Location hidden

#508681 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are not preaching about Protestant ministers' molestations???
Did you forget something ... on purpose???
Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....

Location hidden

#508682 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nasty habit of pointing outward at perceived SINNERS ... and your self as having your sins deadened by a belief that a savior has done your work for you.
It's a very nasty Christian HABIT!
And you have a nasty habit of shooting your mouth off and making no sense.

Location hidden

#508683 Jan 25, 2014

Location hidden

#508684 Jan 25, 2014
That's for you June
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508685 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....
Not sure if you've ever read this. I hope you and Nick would take a moment. The Orthodox say essentially the same thing about your Church.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508686 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Which Church Fathers? Those Church Fathers happen to be YOUR Church Fathers also...
wrong...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508687 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know the gospel of Christ? We've never heard it? It's all made up?
Please tell us what the gospel of Christ is. Please preach the TRUE word of God.
Time to put your money where your mouth is.
Anthony,

Gospel of Christ....GOOD NEWS....

Good news about what?

The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Christ needs followers to communicate the good news because it results in everlasting life.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508688 Jan 25, 2014
The Gospel of Christ....

Facts to believe.....

Commands to obey.....

Promises to receive.....

All in Christ Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508689 Jan 25, 2014
Can we understand why "The Gospel Of Christ" is "good news.....?"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508690 Jan 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
Gospel of Christ....GOOD NEWS....
Good news about what?
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....
Christ needs followers to communicate the good news because it results in everlasting life.
Thanks Hank. I'm asking LTM (I think she disappeared) to tell us the TRUE Gospel as she says Catholics have never heard it and presumably she has. BTW, she thinks you as a coc member, hasn't heard it either.

Prince George, Canada

#508691 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
If you want to end religion, make your debater/arguer, take your side in the debate!
I have, and at one time you also agreed with me (when you were for a brief time an Atheist.)

Now you take the side of Catholicism being a heavenly idea, and I take the side of no religion being a good idea.

You are no longer debating on my side of the issue that religion is based on fear, as once was your "calling."

:)

Prince George, Canada

#508692 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....
The Catholics are here to defend Catholicism, and you are here to revile against Catholicism and defend Protestantism.

That's YOUR answer.

My reason for being here, is, to defend my idea that all religion is trouble-making nonsensical gibberish.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508693 Jan 25, 2014
More nastiness for LTM from St. Justin Martyr, one of the NASTY BOYS in the early Church who was taught by the apostles.

"And we afterwards continually remind each other of these things. And the wealthy among us help the needy; and we always keep together; and for all things wherewith we are supplied, we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, ALL WHO LIVE IN CITIES OR IN THE COUNTRY GATHER TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration."

(NOT INDIVIDUAL GATHERINGS OF CHRISTIANS IN HOME CHURCHES)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508694 Jan 25, 2014
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min here 64,053
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min River Tam 973,803
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 2 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
I want to masturebate with my friend 4 hr Bbflip 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 hr ImFree2Choose 2,582
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr onemale 281,866
More from around the web