Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654466 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508655 Jan 25, 2014
I suggest that Edgar Cayce was certain that he was aligned to the "spiritual" mentality of the supposed "savior."

Every preacher of Christianity on this forum has displayed the same arrogance.

"I am qualified to preach on behalf of Jesus."

Those that wrote the new testament had the same nonsense in mind. "I am qualified to write words on behalf of the savior ... who by the way will ONLY accept those into heaven that abide by the Catholic faith.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
YTube

Marietta, GA

#508656 Jan 25, 2014

The Day the LORD showed me ANTICHRIST ----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Prince George, Canada

#508657 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I had a girlfriend(s) when I was very young........I will let you imagine our curiosity.
Such antics were and are, common.

I remember my girlfriend when we both 12 years of age showing me her vagina. We were on the roof of my home-barn of all places. She nearly slid off the shingle roof, and that scared both of us ... big-time.

Teenagers often try out those of the same orientation, not because they are homosexual, but rather because they are curious. I never had that inclination, as I knew I would stick only with a male when it pertained to sex.

Sex is a real trouble-maker. For instance ... if it was not appealing and downright pleasurable at times, there would be no more human race to clutter up the earth with more and more stupidity.

:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508658 Jan 25, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see pejoratives from you.
I don't see evidence or logic contra.
Do you lack such?
Chess Jurist

I was hard pressed for another expression, and thought twice, and thought an implied perjorative might have been taken. But in general I don't take to debating history, as it all comes down to view point, or world view.

I stated, in my opinion, that your view point has presuppositions to your "data/history". I just expressed it in a different way.

I could go and research and logically deduce a different opinion on the same history. But what is the point? You need to admit your presupposition/prejudice to a debate/argument before you start. Arguing points just makes a mess....Don't you think so?

It is a sign of a good debater to take either side of an argument, and express it well. Sometimes believing in one's side, exposes their view point to weaknesses they are not aware of, and will not admit(denial).

Prince George, Canada

#508659 Jan 25, 2014
YTube wrote:
The Day the LORD showed me ANTICHRIST ----
http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI
I suggest that you go kill the anti-christ ... QUICK ... and be done with IT.

LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508660 Jan 25, 2014
The idea of converting someone to a religious denomination isn't even Biblical.
We can convert no one.
John 6
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Context
Jesus the Bread of Life
…43Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. 44"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45"It is written in the prophets,'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.…
Cross References
Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

Hosea 11:4
I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.

Prince George, Canada

#508661 Jan 25, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Many find god in jail, many find him in a bottle of Jack Daniels.
I suggest that finding god in a bottle of Jack Daniels is about equivalent to finding Jesus in a pizza.

The emotional mental-buzz (HIGH) would be about the same.

Prince George, Canada

#508662 Jan 25, 2014
It's the search for those emotional HIGHS that get us into so much trouble.

But without them, life would be a complete BORE!

So we search for the HIGHS ... and religion is a HUGE high.

After all ... "Not everyone can know and preach the absolute truth that 'I' KNOW was inspired by GOD. That prestigious job rests on my wide and impressive shoulders, and 'I' am UP for it, as I KNOW that GOD is depending on me."

tongue in cheek

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508663 Jan 25, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just another apologist wanting this embarrassment to go away instead of doing the right thing. Speak up for the victims.
Not one word from you about the victims. Why? You are acting just like the bishops and the non offending clergy from chicago and Minnesota who covered up these crimes from YOU and the followers for over 25 years! your OK with that you pay their salaries and benefits.
It clearly shows you have a serious problem of supporting the wrong group. GET HELP!!?
I will always support victims of crime.
Because its more about keeping the honor of the so called True Church rather the suffering of the victims...

Prince George, Canada

#508664 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
We can convert no one.
It's too bad that before the Catholics killed all those Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism and would not convert to Catholicism, that you weren't their to correct those Catholics with your words of wisdom. Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#508665 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sign of a good debater to take either side of an argument, and express it well.
That would be the end of religion.

All of the right-fighting theologians would be out of work, including your Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508666 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know the gospel of Christ? We've never heard it? It's all made up?
Please tell us what the gospel of Christ is. Please preach the TRUE word of God.
Time to put your money where your mouth is.
You forget Anthony my children were baptised catholic, I know exactly what the catholic church teaches children in schools.
Its all about Mary; and her sacrafice.
Jesus was the one who dies on the cross Anthony for our sins, not Mary.
Did I tell you Canada is in the process of closing all catholic schools in Canada,
and make it all public schooling.
I am not for that because that is a slippery slope, I think government should stay out of the churches business. I am not in for supporting the catholic schools either, because I do not recognize it as christian .
The catholic doctrine is so far away from the Gospel Jesus preached.
That is why the catholic church call us bible thumpers because we believe it is the only authority on earth that is God breathed.
Catholic started their own traditions, and passed stories down from one generation from another and you know how stories change when that happens things get added and subtracted.
That is why Jesus keep saying to the devil '"IT IS WRITTEN"
BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON SOME OF YOUR CHRUCH FATHER'S WOW SOME NASTY BOYS:
AND YOUR FAITH IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS BASED ON WHAT THESE GUYS SAY IS TRUTH.
GET THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS, PULL THE WOOL FROM YOUR EYES.
YOUR BEING LIED TO ANTHONY.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508667 Jan 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, being demolished by a Roman Catholic would be impossible. I have yet to meet ONE with an open mind to Biblical truth. When a Roman Catholic does open their mind to Biblical truth they become a ..........PROTESTANT.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "I'm not defending any guilty priest at all. The perps should be in prison. Many are." End quote.
You are a liar. You defend them. How? With the money you donate to the Roman Catholic church. They in turn use your money to hire lawyers to get the perverted priests off the hook. When you give money to Rome you are as guilty as the perverts your money helps defend.
<quoted text>
You make jokes and support crimes against children. May your rotten carcass rot in hell.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa. That's unbelievable. If you really represented Jesus, I would run as far from you as possible. Thankfully, I know you don't!
Cly, Clay, Lie M or Liam, what ever your name changes to, your Roman Catholic buddy crossed the line in support of the Roman Catholic perversion. You may join him if you like. Apparently the truth is hard for you to swallow. Actually, the truth is hard for you to swallow because you have been lied to for so long you cannot recognize truth.

Go give your money to your Roman leader so they can support and defend the perversion of your priests.

Prince George, Canada

#508668 Jan 25, 2014
Can't you just picture the Catholic pope saying to a Muslim-Imam ... "I must learn to debate the issue from both sides, so I can see your point of view that only Muslims will be rewarded with eternal bliss"....???

It ain't gonna happen!

Prince George, Canada

#508669 Jan 25, 2014
Theologians can't possibly budge from their right-fighting stances ... because they would all have to admit defeat ... and I suggest that will not occur.

Only when they lose their followers, will they have a REASON to admit defeat and finally learn at least a sense of humility in the attitude ..."I really don't know what, if anything, the future holds in store for me OR for others."

That is my "concept" of truth.

Location hidden

#508670 Jan 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a rest. You've completely ran this subject into the ground. We've covered every little detail. Obviously now you're just using this subject for a personal vendetta. That makes you as big as a freak as a pedophile. Do we need to keep going over this everyday, Thomas? you don't think its a weee bit need odd that you bring it up everyday? It is odd, in fact its sick!
Whats sick is you comparing michael's passion for victims rights with sex offending priest. Repeating his passion against sex offending priests is no way different than hojo repeating his nonsense about the catholic church being the one true church every single day. I applaud his passion for victims and his distain for those priests who violate the innocence and trust of those CHILDREN not to mention those people that hide the offense and turn a blind eye to it. NOW THATS SICK....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508671 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget Anthony my children were baptised catholic, I know exactly what the catholic church teaches children in schools.
Did I tell you Canada is in the process of closing all catholic schools in Canada,
I am not for that because that is a slippery slope, I think government should stay out of the churches business. I am not in for supporting the catholic schools either, because I do not recognize it as christian .
That is why the catholic church call us bible thumpers because we believe it is the only authority on earth that is God breathed.
Catholic started their own traditions, and passed stories down from one generation from another and you know how stories change when that happens things get added and subtracted.
BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON SOME OF YOUR CHRUCH FATHER'S WOW SOME NASTY BOYS:
I didn't ask for your opinion as to what the Catholic Church teaches, I simply asked you to provide us with the TRUE Gospel of Christ since you insist Catholics have never heard it. Since you claim to know it and Catholics don't, please tell us.

Prince George, Canada

#508672 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a savior exists to support everything that YOU believe???

That is very far stretch of imagination.

Location hidden

#508673 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Can't you just picture the Catholic pope saying to a Muslim-Imam ... "I must learn to debate the issue from both sides, so I can see your point of view that only Muslims will be rewarded with eternal bliss"....???
It ain't gonna happen!
oh really?...he's closer than you think. He has already kissed the Quran...

Prince George, Canada

#508674 Jan 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Go give your money to your Roman leader so they can support and defend the perversion of your priests.
Excuse me.

Protestants who support their own churches have also supported ministers that were pedophiles.

You CON-veniently neglected to add that part of the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Dr Banonator 64,787
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min The Hangman 973,963
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Pegasus 281,957
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min RiccardoFire 106,613
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min RiccardoFire 45,305
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 183,223
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 1 hr Leo 179
More from around the web