Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,158
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

#508412 Jan 24, 2014
Wacky theology

God knew ahead of time that humans were going to molest each other ... and he sighed in satisfaction that his plan was indeed divine and that for creating such a divine plan ... he was "perfect."

Nothing could be more idiotic than religion!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508413 Jan 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you and I also say NO Way Jose...common sense tells us this but then again most people have no common sense...
I don't know who gave you the negative judgies but it wasn't me.

I always enjoy your viewpoints. Common sense should always prevail.

Houston, Canada

#508414 Jan 24, 2014
Sardonic humor ... author unknown.

"I was devastated to find out that my wife was having an affair, but by turning to religion I was able to come to terms with the whole thing. I converted to Islam, and we're stoning her in the morning!"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#508415 Jan 24, 2014
[who="Just Sayin" <quoted text>
Thank you, everyone bears a cross. This one is mine. Each one is heavy and there is no real way to measure pain. I believe that God Himself has suffered, so why should I be spared suffering? The fact that Jesus conquered sin, suffering, pain, and death in His glorious Resurrection and Transfiguration gives me hope and peace in the midst of my pain. I still struggle every day of course.
I have tried everything from protestantism to eastern mysticism to agnosticism to drugs/alcohol to sex to Native American beliefs to existentialism to nihilism to the occult.... And nothing has soothed my wounds more than Catholic Christianity which possesses the fullness of the Faith and the Sacraments.
That is the truth, God bless everyone.

You should try Jesus, not a denomination. When you have given HIM your heart (respect, love, etc.) you will have the authority to use the Angel Michael's rebuke to those terrible thoughts: "The LORD rebuke you, Wicked Imagination." (Jude)(It works)

KayMarie

Houston, Canada

#508416 Jan 24, 2014
I have second thoughts. Maybe God is malicious.
Told to Valentine Bargmann.

Albert Einstein

Quoted in J. Sayen, Einstein in America (1958), 51.

Houston, Canada

#508417 Jan 24, 2014
"The enmity of the Christians towards each other surpassed the fury of savage beasts against man."

– Ammianus Marcellinus, 4th century Roman historian.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508418 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The death penalty never ended murder, and prison will not end molestation.
You are as much a dreamer as are those in religion.
Human nature is based on carnal pleasures, and nothing aside from human extinction will make a change for the better.
Recidivism rates for all crimes are skyrocketing. The death penalty for certain crimes ends it for each perpitrator sent to the chair. Its a start. Prisons are overflowing. Dump the drug charge criminals and load it up with the worst of the worst. I will pay higher taxes to keep more serious criminals locked away and the streets safer for you June.

I am a proponent for the death penalty if the state or country imposes it for crimes they consider warrants it. If they cut your hand off in Pakistan for stealing I am sure theft crimes are at an all time low.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508419 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The death penalty never ended murder, and prison will not end molestation.
You are as much a dreamer as are those in religion.
Human nature is based on carnal pleasures, and nothing aside from human extinction will make a change for the better.
you have to think positive. Crime doesn't pay. Quit worrying about the human condition that just makes you a failure. Buck up!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#508420 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know the difference between right and wrong you have a serious problem.
You mean the church leaders who lied, covered up sin and crimes HAVE NO moral standards.
The church leaders who belong to an organization that is SUPPOSE to be ADVOCATES for MORALS and STANDARDS.
Chicago diocese abuse scandal.
Below read the whole story!
http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/midwest/201...
......The disclosures involving 30 priests were made as part of legal settlements with abuse victims, and are similar to disclosures made in other dioceses in the U.S. in recent years that showed ( how the Roman Catholic Church shielded priests and failed for many years to report child sex abuse to authorities)
Every diocese involved with abusive clergy systematically did exactly the same thing. Someone in the hirearchy was pulling all the strings and making the same decisions.
BUSTED!
I know the difference between right and wrong. I believe in God and I know what right and wrong is by His Word and a relationship with His Son.

You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508421 Jan 24, 2014
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508422 Jan 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
ALLEGATIONS??!!! Let's use the correct words when describing the perverted priests of the Roman Catholic cult.....PROVEN CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN.......Not ALLEGATIONS......PROVEN CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN.
Your defense of these perverts leads all of us on this forum to believe you are one of the perverts who have sodomized little boys. Are you one of the perverts? I am sure you will say no. LOL LOL What else could you say.....all of the perverted priests said no also.
Anthony keeps defending them and accusing others for exposing them. Who in their right mind does that?

You might be right about quiet Anthony. His computer should be checked by authorities.

....something is terribly wrong!

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508423 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
God knew ahead of time that humans were going to molest each other ... and he sighed in satisfaction that his plan was indeed divine and that for creating such a divine plan ... he was "perfect."
Nothing could be more idiotic than religion!
Pardon me, but your ignorance has no bounds. God does not make mistakes. His creation, you and me, does make mistakes. God's creation makes mistakes and it is called sin. Do you get it or are you too stupid?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508424 Jan 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> How can the True Church tof Christ that He started have the corruption in its history? The reformation would never have happened if the so called True Church was not corrupted? Do I hear an Amen?
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN..........and finally A M E N.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508425 Jan 24, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this first , how many prayers to God the Father in the name of Jesus .
Like it says to do in ;;John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
How many of the people you mention were praying to Mary;; and not God???
Second some people pray with unforgiveness in their hearts; some have not because they ask not with faith believing God will answer.
What if God did answer and the answer was no, because what we asked for wasn't good for us, and want to prevent something worse happening to us down the road.
Sometimes we have to wait, God's timing is always perfect.
When people a prouch the throne of God, You must do it in truth and in the Spirit.
You are walking on Holy Ground, you are in the presents of a Holy God.
God wants you there He will always welcome you.
Sometimes our pride keeps us away from the truth, Jesus is the truth, and the only way to God the Father.
I am being serious and not disrespectful to you.

I never pray. I figure things out myself.

.... For my entire life, everything seems to go my way. I always take the right fork in the road, I have made sound investment decisions. My health is perfect, never used illegal drugs, don't abuse alcohol, drive within the speed limit, I have a loving family and grand children and a dog and everyone is top notch with no problems to report.

I have a very positive outlook on life. I whistle a tune when I walk. How many christians can claim they have lived the life I have considering the 10s of thousands of hours they have spent praying wanting something, or something to change, because things don't go right for them?

I am very fortunate, and I am grateful.......

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#508426 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... well you received your "attention," but I don't believe that you are a leader of anything but self-serving opinion and we all suffer from the blight of self-serving opinions.
tell me about it! June V is perhaps the queen of posting her self-serving opinions!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508427 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A while back you were indicating that I was slowly learning knowledge ... which implied that you were already THERE.
You've changed your story now to "I don't know." But for the last several years you wanted to impress your self-perceived superior knowledge on me with the idea that if I would follow, you would be willing to lead.
Wrong on every count. I believe you suffer confirmation bias.
No one is ever "there".
As far as many certain specific instances, I do not know the answer, but I will continue to look if it is of any importance or affects me until I find an answer.
I have never ever suggested you follow me, or that I was all knowledgeable, and you know it...and I have told you this many times. If you don't get an answer that does not fit neatly into your set of acceptable rules, you just make sh!t up to fit your little paradigm of reality.
Have a look at yourself...

Reasoning

The final piece of the puzzle is reasoning. It needs to be remembered that persecutory delusions are inherently a judgement and therefore reasoning processes are of central importance. Persecutory ideas are more likely to reach a delusional intensity if there are accompanying biases in reasoning such as reduced data gathering (jumping to conclusions)(Garety & Freeman, 1999), failure to consider alternative explanations (Freeman et al, 2004) and a strong belief confirmation bias (Wason, 1960). When reasoning biases are present, suspicions become near certainties; ideas of threat are held with a conviction unwarranted by the evidence and may then be considered delusional.
Our model contains further hypotheses concerning the maintenance and emotional reaction associated with persecutory delusions. For example, since the explanations contain threat beliefs, the fears will be maintained by processes similar to those outlined in the anxiety disorders literature, such as the use of safety behaviours (e.g. avoiding other people) which prevent the processing of disconfirmatory evidence (Clark, 1999). Furthermore, the individual’s relationship with the persecutor may be important in determining emotional reactions; the belief that the persecutor is powerful has been associated with higher levels of depression (Birchwood et al, 2000b; Freeman et al, 2001). Thus, we conceptualise paranoia as resulting from individuals’ attempts to understand their experiences, particularly unusual internal states, while under the influence of emotional states such as anxiety and biases of reasoning. Careful assessment is needed to determine the relevant factors in each individual case.
http://m.apt.rcpsych.org/content/12/6/404.ful...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508428 Jan 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> How can the True Church tof Christ that He started have the corruption in its history? The reformation would never have happened if the so called True Church was not corrupted? Do I hear an Amen?
Why would God affiliate himself with the leaders of the roman catholic church when they have a 1700 year checkered history?. No God worth his salt would ever put his shingle up over the doorway of the roman catholic church knowing that for centuries low end people were disposable at the churches command.

Martin Luther saw the inner workings and didn't like them. Its obvious that millions of others during this time saw the same thing or they wouldn't have walked away.

155 million protestants in the greatest country in the world. USA! USA! USA!!!
Only 68 million roman catholics, and most by indoctrination, and most don't even follow their faith today as requried.

If you can't trust the leaders (as we now know) how can you trust their message?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#508429 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure things out myself.
Interesting...

Do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508430 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between right and wrong. I believe in God and I know what right and wrong is by His Word and a relationship with His Son.
You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?
chuck says.........You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?

Michael says..........Common sense! Isn't that how you determine right from wrong or do you get your bible out every move you make and do what the bible tells you to do?

What is gods relationship with his son? I thought God the father, the holy spirit and jesus were 3 equal persons as one God yet christians talk about Jesus as if he is not the same as God the father. 1+1+1 = 1 Isn't that what we were taught? or is it really 1+1+1=3.

If God the father, holy spirit and jesus are three distinct persons in one God, why is it always God the father who makes all the decisions?

makes no common sense. But that is what we were taught.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508431 Jan 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me about it! June V is perhaps the queen of posting her self-serving opinions!
69,219 posts June has made since sept 2009. That is one post every 3 minutes and 28 seconds 24 hours a day, for 4 1/2 years straight.

It has to be a record for something, and she hasn't convinced me of anything.(lol)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min MUQ2 270,579
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min BenAdam 826,426
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min GodFreeByChoice 5,808
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min rbphoenix80 98,917
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 20 min MUQ2 198
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min James 442,586
How do I tell my current bf I like to get spanked 27 min Panty master 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min mike 611,783
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min lisw 176,425
More from around the web